PDA

View Full Version : The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

chrisrenrut
10-12-2015, 06:55 PM
And apparently supporting a guy, even if a former coug, with an addiction problem, gets buried in these pages. That's too bad.

My grandfather was a Trojan. My great great grandfather, was president of the U. Both would agree it's better to support the person than the school. Not here, I guess.

I haven't seen anyone here wish Sark ill. But his personal issues are not going to be a big enough topic of discussion here to warrant its own thread. SJBH.

LA Ute
10-12-2015, 07:02 PM
And apparently supporting a guy, even if a former coug, with an addiction problem, gets buried in these pages. That's too bad.

My grandfather was a Trojan. My great great grandfather, was president of the U. Both would agree it's better to support the person than the school. Not here, I guess.

I think several people here, including me, have wished Sark well. I don't know who merged the threads but I can see the rationale -- why have a thread devoted to an individual who coached at a rival school and is having serious personal problems? In my post that you quoted I was simply wondering if, now that there's been a coaching change at USC and recruits may be de-committing, we may get a player or two since we are the "hot" team in the conference right now.

utefan
10-12-2015, 07:07 PM
I think several people here, including me, have wished Sark well. I don't know who merged the threads but I can see the rationale -- why have a thread devoted to an individual who coached at a rival school and is having serious personal problems? In my post that you quoted I was simply wondering if, now that there's been a coaching change at USC and recruits may be de-committing, we may get a player or two since we are the "hot" team in the conference right now.
We understood what you meant. I think BYU and USC fans should go to a BYU or USC website if they don't think they're getting enough Sark conversation over here.

NorthwestUteFan
10-12-2015, 08:23 PM
For Viking:

Sark, sorry your life has turned out so rough right now. Please get help. You didn't do anything about your demons when you were here in Seattle. You didn't do anything about the problems when your family blew up. Now that your career is obliterated, please do something for yourself. Your kids deserve it.

Fix the problems. That will make the fight against the bottle easier on you.

If you run low on money there is a chance you could persuade Lumpy to let you ebay some of your old byu gear you used to give him to cover your tab.

But fix the demons first.

NorthwestUteFan
10-12-2015, 08:25 PM
Now onward and upward.

I can see USC falling into oblivion this year. They were one of the most dangerous teams remaining on the schedule. This could prove to be beneficial to the Utes.

Scorcho
10-12-2015, 08:50 PM
Sark seemed like a very nice and personable guy, which is probably why he was such a good recruiter. He has lost everything and embarrassed himself and those close to him. I feel very bad for him.

SeattleUte
10-12-2015, 10:36 PM
Viking, Sark's downfall is certainly tragic, even in a Shakespearean sense. A young man who had lived sport and had essentially given up on sport, marooned in a crappy little junior college, a Juco baseball washout. It would seem he had no future. Then the football coach persuades him to give his discarded dreams for quarterbacking glory one last shot. Finally in the right place and the right time he becomes an improbable Juco quarterback phenomenon. He makes an inspired, pragmatic decision to hitch his star to Lavell Edwards' quarterback factory, though otherwise he couldn't care less about Mormons and BYU.

Having brought Edwards his last great and maybe greatest season, he was finished as a player except a stint in the Canadian League. But he gained the coaching ladder, and his charm, love of the game, and ambition carried him upward rung by rung inexorably, till for the great Pete Carroll at USC, the most glamorous job in the country, he found himself quarterbacks coach then Carroll's OC. For the most dominant program in decades. Then he had the good judgment not to follow The impossible winning precedent and crushing NCAA sanctions that Carroll left in his wake. Instead he spent a few years doing CPR on a proud Washington tradition that was 0-12 the year before he came.

Finally, he made it back to USC, at the top of the ladder, as head coach when USC was again a great job, so far above that Juco. The world at his feet. And he fell...

It's a sad story. I know it, as you see. A perversion of the American Dream. But I see sadder stories daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viking
10-12-2015, 11:57 PM
I haven't seen anyone here wish Sark ill. But his personal issues are not going to be a big enough topic of discussion here to warrant its own thread. SJBH.

You're right. With just over 1,600 threads in several years of operation, this place is just bursting at the seams with activity.

LA Ute
10-13-2015, 12:36 AM
You're right. With just over 1,600 threads in several years of operation, this place is just bursting at the seams with activity.

We're an exclusive club. Quality over quantity. That's why we allow you to hang here. I hope you feel loved and appreciated.

U-Ute
10-13-2015, 07:49 AM

We aim to be a boutique not a big box retailer.

Applejack
10-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Is Viking the best troll we have? We can do better. Toolblue is cute, as all are Canadians, but he disappears when Utah thrives and reemerges at ignoble moments, much like a dog and his lunch. WE CAN DO BETTER!

LA Ute
10-13-2015, 10:58 AM
Is Viking the best troll we have? We can do better. Toolblue is cute, as all are Canadians, but he disappears when Utah thrives and reemerges at ignoble moments, much like a dog and his lunch. WE CAN DO BETTER!

Lebowski tried but he got offended and hasn't been back.

U-Ute
10-13-2015, 11:30 AM
I agree. We need to recruit a higher quality troll. We need our own CatBlue or CS-mpfunk.

NorthwestUteFan
10-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Lebowski tried but he got offended and hasn't been back.

Good riddance. He can crap in his own sandbox, we don't need him pissing in ours too. Especially after he tried to big time us and changed the name of his sandbox to make us feel unwelcome.

DrumNFeather
10-15-2015, 08:15 AM
ESPN's Pac 12 experts make their week 7 picks:

Unanimous - Stanford, WSU, Arizona

USC/ND - 4 to 1 for USC

Utah/ASU - 4 to 1 for Utah

Oregon/Wash 3-2 for Washington

NorthwestUteFan
10-15-2015, 09:34 AM
USC/ND - 4 to 1 for USC

I wonder how USC will react this week. They have the talent to do anything they want to any FBS team, but they seem to be in a state of disarray. Clay Shelton was the interim HC for SC in their bowl 2013 game after they told Ed Orgeron he wouldn't get the job despite rescuing their season Post-Kiffin. But he also is the person responsible for the atrocious playcalling in the game vs UW where they shat the bed as 17-point favorites and abandoned their deadly running game in favor of a passing game made ineffective by UW's opportunistic Defense.

I hold out hope that USC will be a trainwreck for 2 more weeks...

DrumNFeather
10-15-2015, 10:10 AM
I wonder how USC will react this week. They have the talent to do anything they want to any FBS team, but they seem to be in a state of disarray. Clay Shelton was the interim HC for SC in their bowl 2013 game after they told Ed Orgeron he wouldn't get the job despite rescuing their season Post-Kiffin. But he also is the person responsible for the atrocious playcalling in the game vs UW where they shat the bed as 17-point favorites and abandoned their deadly running game in favor of a passing game made ineffective by UW's opportunistic Defense.

I hold out hope that USC will be a trainwreck for 2 more weeks...

Yeah, I agree. I think my concern with USC is here you have a rivalry game on the road in a hostile environment. The excuses will be obvious and they'll get a pass here, even if they get blown out. Fast forward a week, top 5 team (hopefully) coming to town and you have a chance to resurrect your season in the Pac 12 South. That's scary.

DrumNFeather
10-15-2015, 08:44 PM
Rosen with an early pick 6.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

DrumNFeather
10-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Paul Perkins is really good.

DrumNFeather
10-15-2015, 09:01 PM
14-3 Stanford after UCLA backs itself up off the goaline. Stanford returned the kick to the 3.

SeattleUte
10-15-2015, 11:34 PM
Stanford. Holy shit.

UBlender
10-16-2015, 08:32 AM
Only thing standing between the Tree and the playoff is the PAC 12 championship game. Unless Cal can step up and beat them, but I'm not seeing it right now.

SeattleUte
10-16-2015, 12:29 PM
Only thing standing between the Tree and the playoff is the PAC 12 championship game. Unless Cal can step up and beat them, but I'm not seeing it right now.

These fancy formation fast pace offenses are going the way of the wishbone. Utah, Michigan, and Stanford are very similar and they're kryptonite for the Oregon-style offenses.

Ma'ake
10-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Sitake is seriously struggling with his new defense, and saying some stuff that is not exactly conducive to team cohesion:

"I can't dumb the defense down any more": http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2015/10/kalani_sitake_says_it_cant_get.html?hootPostID=e62 90845a8b9fc42b6eb7020add15fc4

Watching the first part of Oregon State at Wazzu, and the Beavs' D wouldn't be stopping Leach's offense if it was 2 hand touch.

Ma'ake
10-17-2015, 03:06 PM
Wow. Oregon State just ran a fake punt from their own 20, the punter got nailed at the 13, and he's hurt.

The Beavs look like the worst team in the conference, and it's not even close.

Diehard Ute
10-17-2015, 03:23 PM
Wow. Oregon State just ran a fake punt from their own 20, the punter got nailed at the 13, and he's hurt.

The Beavs look like the worst team in the conference, and it's not even close.

Then they run a terrible onside kick

I've seen pee wee teams tackle better. Their defensive fundamentals are awful.

NorthwestUteFan
10-17-2015, 03:25 PM
One thing Sitake has shown is that he can't stop an Air Raid.

NorthwestUteFan
10-17-2015, 03:46 PM
Luke Falk has tied the WSU all-time record for passing TDs in a game at six. And the first half isn't even over! 28-33, 324 yds, 6 TDs, 0 Ints.

Amazing. I can't wait to see how GA and KS spin this one on The Drive next week.

Redbird
10-18-2015, 01:19 AM
Huskies missed an opportunity to end their drought against Oregon tonight. They're very inconsistent.

Also, CU lead 24-17 at the start of the 4th quarter against the Wildcats, but gave up 3 TD'S in 10 minutes.

Dwight Schr-Ute
10-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Did we break Cal? They look awful tonight.

Applejack
10-23-2015, 03:45 AM
Did we break Cal? They look awful tonight.

Cal isn't very good, it's their style that gives us trouble. If I were playing Utah, I'd throw on 90% of downs. Ala wazzu last year.

Diehard Ute
10-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Cal isn't very good, it's their style that gives us trouble. If I were playing Utah, I'd throw on 90% of downs. Ala wazzu last year.

Don't know if I'd do that this year. We made Cal pay but couldn't turn those turnovers into points.

Our pass defense is greatly improved this year.

Redbird
10-23-2015, 09:15 AM
Don't know if I'd do that this year. We made Cal pay but couldn't turn those turnovers into points.

Our pass defense is greatly improved this year.

we "made them pay" after forcing 6 turnovers, two of which were tipped. forcing turnovers doesn't happen by accident, but there's a lot of variance involved. We gave up 6.23 YPP, easily our highest for the season. We only had two games in 2014 where we gave up a higher ratio (Arizona and Colorado).

USC will try to do some similar things to us, with better players. We have to keep them off schedule in down-and-distance, and we have to capitalize when we're on offense.

DrumNFeather
10-23-2015, 10:13 AM
we "made them pay" after forcing 6 turnovers, two of which were tipped. forcing turnovers doesn't happen by accident, but there's a lot of variance involved. We gave up 6.23 YPP, easily our highest for the season. We only had two games in 2014 where we gave up a higher ratio (Arizona and Colorado).

USC will try to do some similar things to us, with better players. We have to keep them off schedule in down-and-distance, and we have to capitalize when we're on offense.

I'm very concerned about the screen game. That seems to be the one area where teams with some speed can really exploit our coverage.

concerned
10-23-2015, 10:30 AM
I'm very concerned about the screen game. That seems to be the one area where teams with some speed can really exploit our coverage.

we just need to make sure that their screen passes are backward and hit their receivers in the helmet, like Aquilar last year. If we can do that, we should be ok.

LA Ute
10-23-2015, 10:38 AM

A huge key to the game right there. I'm waiting to see which Utah offense shows up tomorrow.

U-Ute
10-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Ok, I'm going to have a hard time hating on Josh Rosen. He has a hot tub in his dorm room (http://totalfratmove.com/ucla-qb-josh-rosen-has-a-hot-tub-in-his-dorm-room/) and gets coeds from rival schools to party with him.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-24-2015, 08:22 PM
So has Rich Rod done all he can do at Zona or is Wazzu maybe actually good this year?

NorthwestUteFan
10-24-2015, 08:28 PM
Wazzu found a rushing game. And Luke Falk is really, really good.

Diehard Ute
10-24-2015, 08:35 PM
Wazzu found a rushing game. And Luke Falk is really, really good.

And neither team bothers to field a defense.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-24-2015, 11:54 PM
So the Beavos might be really really bad.

Redbird
10-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Week 6
1. Utah: defense is swarming, and the offense did just enough. ASU is a huge monkey on Utah's back, and they come to town.
2. Stanford: follow up their bye week with a massive Thursday night game against UCLA.
3. UCLA: also coming off of a bye week, they can get back on track in the P12 with a win in Palo Alto.
4. Cal: Plenty of opportunities, but hard to overcome 6 turnovers. They'll use the bye to get on track.
5. USC: 0-2 in the P12 at home, and now they're without their HC. Big rivalry game in South Bend.
6. ASU: comfortable victory against the Buffs, and they throw the P12 south into chaos with a win in SLC.
7. Washington: Big win for Petersen at USC. Beating Oregon for the first time in 12 years would make the season for the Husky fan base.
8. Wazzou: what a circuitous route to 3-2. They're almost certain to be 4-2 against the hapless Beavs.
9. Arizona: convincing victory at home, and they have an easy road trip to Boulder.
10. Oregon: yikes. Two ten-point leads blown, and it doesn't get easier this week in Seattle.
11. Colorado: still significantly behind the rest of the P12 south.
12. Oregon St: I don't see another win on the schedule. Andersen has a lot of work to do.

Week 8:
1. Stanford: hitting their stride. Massive game against a resurgent Wazzou team.
2. Utah: licking their wounds after thorough beating from the Trojans. The Beavs will be the cure for what ails them.
3. UCLA: crushed Cal, and have an easy match-up with the Buffs.
4. Wazzou: a win against the Cardinal at home, and they control their own destiny in the North. Just like we all predicted.
5. USC: impressive performance against top-5 Utah. They hope to extend Cal's losing streak.
6. ASU: potential elimination game for the Devs against the Ducks.
7. Cal: two consecutive deflating losses, and it doesn't get easier this week in Berkeley.
8. Oregon: a loss in Tempe all but eliminates them from winning the North.
9. Arizona: a very, very soft 5-3. A win in Seattle may be the only route to bowl eligibility.
10. Washington: at 3-4, they're in the same position as the Wildcats.
11. Colorado: their first P12 win in almost two years. There's signs of improvement, but they still have a long way to go.
12. Oregon St: Gary Andersen returns to RES for the first time since his first game as USU's head coach in 2009.

LA Ute
10-29-2015, 06:40 PM
Interesting piece:

'Pete's over:' How USC's hopes of recapturing glory failed the Trojans (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13937182/pete-how-usc-hopes-recapturing-glory-failed-trojans)

Ma'ake
10-29-2015, 09:32 PM
Watching the Thursday night PAC game, Oregon at ASU. A couple of thoughts:

1. We're not even out of October, and we've beat both these teams already. That's pretty damn cool. Let *that* fact sink in...

2. Oregon's up 10-0 in the first half, and watching the body language of ASU players and assistants, and it seems apparent to me that Todd Graham's tantrums are wearing thin in Tempe. Between Graham and Rich Rod, the two Arizona snit-throwers may be wearing their teams out.

If we find a way to go from 5th in the South to 3rd in the South (or better), that's a seismic achievement.

UBlender
10-29-2015, 09:47 PM
Watching the Thursday night PAC game, Oregon at ASU. A couple of thoughts:

1. We're not even out of October, and we've beat both these teams already. That's pretty damn cool. Let *that* fact sink in...

2. Oregon's up 10-0 in the first half, and watching the body language of ASU players and assistants, and it seems apparent to me that Todd Graham's tantrums are wearing thin in Tempe. Between Graham and Rich Rod, the two Arizona snit-throwers may be wearing their teams out.

If we find a way to go from 5th in the South to 3rd in the South (or better), that's a seismic achievement.

Funny, I am watching this game too and before reading your comment, I was just thinking Graham must have some real "good guy" assistants on his staff because otherwise I can't see how his players maintain much desire to go out and play for him.

Diehard Ute
10-30-2015, 12:07 AM
What a screwed up play on 4th and goal to score.

Jarid in Cedar
10-30-2015, 12:12 AM
What a screwed up play on 4th and goal to score.

Unreal finish. My hatred of Sham-Wow is strong. Go Ducks

Diehard Ute
10-30-2015, 12:39 AM
What a stupid play call by Oregon on the 2 point try.

Diehard Ute
10-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Bailed out by a bad route. What a finish.

Jarid in Cedar
10-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Screw you Graham. You can use your Sham-Wow to dry your tears.

Jarid in Cedar
10-30-2015, 12:42 AM
What a stupid play call by Oregon on the 2 point try.

Yep. It just about cost them. Trying to be too cute.

Jarid in Cedar
10-30-2015, 12:45 AM
Also stupid play calling from ASU. They have run the ball down their throat all game long. They get to the 3, first and goal and throw two passes. The first was tipped and almost picked. The second was picked.

LA Ute
10-30-2015, 12:39 PM
Kind of interesting. This is long overdue.

USC proposes $270 million in Coliseum upgrades
(http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-usc-proposes-270-million-in-coliseum-upgrades-20151029-story.html)

LA Ute
10-30-2015, 12:43 PM
Gotta love the headline:

Oregon hides signals behind sheets in 3 OT win over Arizona State (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-oregon-hides-signals-behind-sheets-arizona-state-20151030-story.html)

http://www.trbimg.com/img-56339906/turbine/la-sp-oregon-sheets-wre0032013657-20151029/750/750x422

Diehard Ute
10-31-2015, 03:02 PM
Watching Cal it's becoming obvious Goff's stock is plummeting.

The interception he just threw against USC was a horrible decision and a very poor throw.

You get pressure on him right now and he really is apt to force it. (And it's been odd how much Cal ran the ball the first half)

SeattleUte
10-31-2015, 10:00 PM
Mike Leach is a very good coach.

SeattleUte
11-01-2015, 12:03 AM
Ugh, UW offense finally wakes up after being lousy all season. I am not watching, but I hope this says more about Arizona than about the Huskies.

Bad attitude. Let's go beat a good team!

Jarid in Cedar
11-01-2015, 12:32 AM
Arizona really sucks. That was my takeaway.

Jarid in Cedar
11-01-2015, 12:36 AM
Six conference games and Utah was the only team to win by more than 6 points.

LA Ute
11-01-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm in! Down go the dogs!

So am I. Let's just win, ugly or pretty.

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-01-2015, 12:46 AM
That last five minutes was Wazzian.

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-01-2015, 12:57 AM
Arizona really sucks. That was my takeaway.

So we should win by 3?

SeattleUte
11-01-2015, 08:39 AM
So we should win by 3?

Washington State seems to lose this way more than its share of times.

NorthwestUteFan
11-01-2015, 09:27 AM
Washington State seems to lose this way more than its share of times.

WSU played inspired Defense all game. They really looked tough. Stanford stalled the Cougar offense a few times in the Red Zone but the kicker was nails until that final kick. The last one was heartbreaking, but he was 5-6 on the night and beat his personal best twice.

The replay reviews going against WSU were strange. They should have allowed the fumble return TD to stand, as none of the views clearly showed the ball hitting the ground, and that drive ended with a TD for Stanford.

The play where the Cougar defender stripped the ball from McCaffrey seemed a bit of a stretch. It may have been the right call but it took too much justification to reach that conclusion. TD Stanford a few plays later.

Mike Leach has put together a solid defense(!) and a very impressive run game(!!) to match the passing game that is always solid. They kept slugging away in that game and landed haymakers left and right, and nearly pulled the biggest upset in over 20 yrs.

NorthwestUteFan
11-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Ucla-cu down to the wire for the second year in a row. We're not the only ones who struggle with the buffs.

To be honest I am glad to be in a conference where we need to bring our A game vs the league 'doormats' or else they will beat us going away. I like the parity.

U-Ute
11-01-2015, 11:30 AM
To be honest I am glad to be in a conference where we need to bring our A game vs the league 'doormats' or else they will beat us going away. I like the parity.

Couple that with all of the various offensive styles, you know that if you come out of this league as a champion, you have a really good team.

Redbird
11-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Week 8:
1. Stanford: hitting their stride. Massive game against a resurgent Wazzou team.
2. Utah: licking their wounds after thorough beating from the Trojans. The Beavs will be the cure for what ails them.
3. UCLA: crushed Cal, and have an easy match-up with the Buffs.
4. Wazzou: a win against the Cardinal at home, and they control their own destiny in the North. Just like we all predicted.
5. USC: impressive performance against top-5 Utah. They hope to extend Cal's losing streak.
6. ASU: potential elimination game for the Devs against the Ducks.
7. Cal: two consecutive deflating losses, and it doesn't get easier this week in Berkeley.
8. Oregon: a loss in Tempe all but eliminates them from winning the North.
9. Arizona: a very, very soft 5-3. A win in Seattle may be the only route to bowl eligibility.
10. Washington: at 3-4, they're in the same position as the Wildcats.
11. Colorado: their first P12 win in almost two years. There's signs of improvement, but they still have a long way to go.
12. Oregon St: Gary Andersen returns to RES for the first time since his first game as USU's head coach in 2009.

Week 9:
1. Stanford: survived against a very feisty Wazzou team.
2. Utah: unimpressive win against the worst team in the league.
3. UCLA: tight win against the worst team in the South.
4. USC: workmanlike victory against their in-state rivals.
5. Wazzou: no shame in a last-second loss to Stanford. This week's ASU game could determine a bowl berth.
6. Oregon: they're not the ducks of old, but they can clinch a bowl berth against the Bears this week.
7. Washington: thorough beatdown of the Cats, and they get the Utes this week, a team they've been quite successful against.
8. Cal: the struggles continue.
9. ASU: wild 3OT game with the Ducks, and they have a massive game in Pullman.
10. Arizona: no excuses for losing by 46.
11. Colorado: they've been competitive, they just need to find a way to win some of these.
12. Oregon St: they covered easily. that's something.

DrumNFeather
11-07-2015, 09:32 PM
Meanwhile, in Los Angeles...well, a lot of football left to play.

NorthwestUteFan
11-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Mike Leach, after beating ASU: "We stole a few of their signs."

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 11:29 PM
I feel a little bad. I think we broke Cal.

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 11:32 PM
I feel a little bad. I think we broke Cal.

Goff's been exposed.

He's 14-34 for 200 yards against Oregon

Perhaps the 5 INT's dis torpedo him

U-Ute
11-10-2015, 08:50 AM
I did not realize this (https://twitter.com/starkaw23/status/663239232492666882). That's pretty heady company.

With the win over UW, Utah becomes only the third team in the Pac-12 to defeat all other 11 schools (Oregon and USC are the other two).

DrumNFeather
11-10-2015, 09:12 AM
I did not realize this (https://twitter.com/starkaw23/status/663239232492666882). That's pretty heady company.

How about that? Pretty cool.

Redbird
11-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Buffazoobs up 14-3 over USC. On the one hand, a USC loss gives Utah some breathing room to win the South; on the other hand, I don't want to see our rival win.

Redbird
11-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Liufau left the game at the end of the 1st quarter, and will not return.

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Liufau left the game at the end of the 1st quarter, and will not return.

Lisfranc fracture. Out for the season. Probably still recovering through most of next season.

NorthwestUteFan
11-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Poor kid! That is horrible. Gionni Paul feels his pain.

hostile
11-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Lisfranc fracture. Out for the season. Probably still recovering through most of next season.

yeah, that's a year+ recovery.

LA Ute
11-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Seems like we are seeing more of these lately. I wonder why?

U-Ute
11-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Seems like we are seeing more of these lately. I wonder why?

I think it is understood more and tested for more often.

Diehard Ute
11-14-2015, 07:38 PM
I think it is understood more and tested for more often.

There's also a theory that athletes continue to increase in size and athletic ability, while pushing their bodies harder earlier, making injuries more common.

chrisrenrut
11-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Stanford, wth!?! Get it together!

DrumNFeather
11-15-2015, 12:30 AM
Wazzu about to beat UCLA. Next week will be fun.

Jarid in Cedar
11-15-2015, 12:43 AM
Even with the loss, does ucla control it's own destiny for the division?

Yes. They beat us and USC, then all three teams would have 3 losses and they would hold the tiebreaker

LA Ute
11-15-2015, 12:48 AM
I'll be at the UCLA game. Utes are 1-2 in UCLA games I have attended. This one will even things up.

Sullyute
11-15-2015, 07:24 AM
With that win and our loss, Leach may have just clinched coach of the year.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Redbird
11-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Stanford/USC for the P12 title. Stanford could still get into the CFP with two wins and help next week.

With that said, I don't think anyone is playing better football right now than Oregon.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
11-28-2015, 08:30 PM
With that said, I don't think anyone is playing better football right now than Oregon.

Offensively no, the defense is still bad.

DrumNFeather
11-28-2015, 09:01 PM
Stanford\Notre Dame...what a finish!

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Stanford\Notre Dame...what a finish!

What the Hell? I turned it off when ND made the extra point thinking that Hogan didn't have it in him.

U-Ute
12-01-2015, 05:14 PM
2015 PAC-12 All Conference teams announced

http://pac-12.com/article/2015/12/01/pac-12-football-all-conference-team-announced?utm_source=HootSuite&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=JustinKarpPosts

Utes represented:

First team offense: None
Second team offense: Booker, Dielman

First team defense: Lotulelei, Paul, Williams
Second team defense: Norris

First team special teams: Hackett
Second team special teams: None

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-01-2015, 09:24 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/01/4d7bf20a9a8331b475331cc77ca2666a.jpg

Fred Warner probably took a bunch of Paul's votes.

Redbird
12-02-2015, 06:09 AM
Booker was better than Freeman, but he did miss two games.

Freeman 6.64 YPC and 14 TD's, plus 13.54 yards per reception and 2 TD catches. Booker 4.71 YPC and 11 TD's with 8.59 YPR and no TD catches.

Redbird
12-02-2015, 06:52 AM
I still think Booker was better. He was a larger percentage of our offense and was going against defenses geared to stop him.

The coaching staff did him a disservice by running him into the ground. He finished 7th nationally in carries despite missing two games this season, and 8th in carries last season.

concerned
12-02-2015, 06:57 AM
Why is sonny dyes leaving cal?

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-02-2015, 07:05 AM

I wondered that too. The only thing I come to is that he can see winning long term at Cal isn't a likely proposition so take a job while he's being offered.

Applejack
12-02-2015, 07:12 AM
2015 PAC-12 All Conference teams announced

http://pac-12.com/article/2015/12/01/pac-12-football-all-conference-team-announced?utm_source=HootSuite&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=JustinKarpPosts

Utes represented:

First team offense: None
Second team offense: Booker, Dielman

First team defense: Lotulelei, Paul, Williams
Second team defense: Norris

First team special teams: Hackett
Second team special teams: None
Don't forget that Hackett is the punter of the century!!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

DrumNFeather
12-02-2015, 07:52 AM

To help us pick up a road win next year?

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-02-2015, 08:41 AM
The coaching staff did him a disservice by running him into the ground. He finished 7th nationally in carries despite missing two games this season, and 8th in carries last season.

Yes. Especially as we've seen that Williams is more than serviceable. I think the staff got so hung up on the Booker4Heisman campaign that they were afraid to ever take him out.

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-02-2015, 08:42 AM
Don't forget that Hackett is the punter of the century!!!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Does this mean we have to wait another 100 years?

concerned
12-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Yes. Especially as we've seen that Williams is more than serviceable. I think the staff got so hung up on the Booker4Heisman campaign that they were afraid to ever take him out.

Didnt Whit say before the season that 2,000 yards was a real possibility? The Heisman campaign was over after about 3 games. They should have rested him more, but he was just about the entire offense in the second half of every game.

UBlender
12-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Didnt Whit say before the season that 2,000 yards was a real possibility? The Heisman campaign was over after about 3 games. They should have rested him more, but he was just about the entire offense in the second half of every game.

I don't think it was a Heisman campaign--it was always a huge longshot but once he failed to get going against Michigan that was all but out the window. I think it was more that Kyle and his staff don't like to venture out of their comfort zone a lot. When he knows he can count on something, like giving Booker the ball 35 times, then he goes with it as far as it can go. I would guess that Kyle never would have said he planned to give Booker so many carries going into each individual game, but once the bullets started flying and our throw game failed to produce and Utah needed to move the ball/run some clock in the second half he felt like that was the only viable option. His biggest fear is losing the game by utilizing something other than his number one option (i.e. putting Williams in and having him fumble).

UBlender
12-02-2015, 09:50 AM
I wondered that too. The only thing I come to is that he can see winning long term at Cal isn't a likely proposition so take a job while he's being offered.

It's been rumored all season that a split was coming, apparently Dykes and the admin at Cal have never really gotten along. I'm a little disappointed as I think Dykes, despite his incremental improvements, is pretty mediocre and wouldn't have gotten much better than this year's 7-5 (next year will be worse as they almost certainly lose Goff and several WRs). Now Cal may get a better coach capable of competing in the north.

LA Ute
12-02-2015, 10:37 AM
I don't think it was a Heisman campaign--it was always a huge longshot but once he failed to get going against Michigan that was all but out the window. I think it was more that Kyle and his staff don't like to venture out of their comfort zone a lot. When he knows he can count on something, like giving Booker the ball 35 times, then he goes with it as far as it can go. I would guess that Kyle never would have said he planned to give Booker so many carries going into each individual game, but once the bullets started flying and our throw game failed to produce and Utah needed to move the ball/run some clock in the second half he felt like that was the only viable option. His biggest fear is losing the game by utilizing something other than his number one option (i.e. putting Williams in and having him fumble).

Sure looks that way.

Jarid in Cedar
12-02-2015, 12:17 PM
In other words, he's playing to win.

Booker wanted the carried, we wanted to win. Nothing wrong with it. Or, do people believe the injury was a result of workload and not a regular injury?

It was a regular injury on a routine play that happens all the time in football. The only argument workload has is that more carries= More opportunity for routine injuries.

This wasn't the result of him being worn down from the workload.

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-02-2015, 12:42 PM
It was a regular injury on a routine play that happens all the time in football. The only argument workload has is that more carries= More opportunity for routine injuries.

This wasn't the result of him being worn down from the workload.

Personally, I'm amazed it didn't happen sooner. Seemed like he averaged a couple awkward tackles a game, were he came up gingerly or even had to take a play or two off to recover. The dude seemed to be incredibly strong with a good mix of plasticity.

LA Ute
12-02-2015, 01:12 PM
Personally, I'm amazed it didn't happen sooner. Seemed like he averaged a couple awkward tackles a game, were he came up gingerly or even had to take a play or two off to recover. The dude seemed to be incredibly strong with a good mix of plasticity.

Great back, loves (thrives on) contact. Like JIC said, the more carries, the greater the denominator and the chance of injury. I'm not sure we can criticize the coaches. It was the best option they had. Would giving Williams 10 carries a game made any difference? Who really knows?

concerned
12-02-2015, 01:21 PM
Great back, loves (thrives on) contact. Like JIC said, the more carries, the greater the denominator and the chance of injury. I'm not sure we can criticize the coaches. It was the best option they had. Would giving Williams 10 carries a game made any difference? Who really knows?

also, the more carries, the better the results as the defense wears down in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

UBlender
12-02-2015, 02:42 PM
also, the more carries, the better the results as the defense wears down in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Spot on. How many times did we see Booker start relatively quiet in the first half only to take over the game in the second? There was a strategic advantage to giving him a lot of carries. Maybe there was a threshold at which he could still achieve the second half effect, but that's merely guesswork.

I've never faulted Utah for riding its horse as far as he could go; my criticism is their inability to turn all of Booker's success into a more effective throw game as needed at opportune times. I don't know how many times I watched Utah's offense and thought "a play action pass would really kill here". They either would simply keep it on the ground or often would call the pass play but a poor throw or poor read would fail to give it a chance of success.

U-Ute
12-07-2015, 11:02 AM
In a dick move, Sarkisian sues USC for $30M for firing him over his "disability"

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/07/steve-sarkisian-sues-usc/

Hard to take BYU out of the man....

EDIT: This guy must not want to coach anymore. Who'd hire this clown now?

LA Ute
12-07-2015, 11:13 AM
In a dick move, Sarkisian sues USC for $30M for firing him over his "disability"

http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/07/steve-sarkisian-sues-usc/

Hard to take BYU out of the man....

Not the best career move, IMO.

U-Ute
12-07-2015, 12:30 PM
Not sure he needs a career anymore if he gets a decent chunk of that $30 million.

All the Cuervo!

LA Ute
12-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Not sure he needs a career anymore if he gets a decent chunk of that $30 million.

True. He can make himself into a redemption story and end up working for ESPN or Fox Sports.

concerned
12-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Sark must have already make the calculation that his career is over, whether he filed or not.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-08-2015, 02:15 AM
Not the best career move, IMO.

Didn't hurt Skippy Neuhiesel after he sued Washington. Sark will pocket some nice $, disappear as a QB coach for an NFL team for a few years and resurface.

NorthwestUteFan
12-08-2015, 08:00 AM
For Sark this has to be all about alimony and child support. If this doesn't work for him, he will be forced to sell a kidney to pay his wife's rent.

concerned
12-08-2015, 08:10 AM
For Sark this has to be all about alimony and child support. If this doesn't work for him, he will be forced to sell a kidney to pay his wife's rent.

I cant imagine that his kidneys would be worth much on the open market.

U-Ute
12-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Sark must have already make the calculation that his career is over, whether he filed or not.

I don't know why. People love a solid redemption story.

U-Ute
12-08-2015, 09:45 AM

Lord knows he couldn't sell his liver.

LA Ute
12-08-2015, 10:50 AM
It's an interesting lawsuit. Substance addiction is a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and I think that after someone has declared the disability and gone into rehab the employer has to be careful about firing that person. I wonder how carefully USC handled this? USC will probably settle rather than let a lawsuit drag on.

NorthwestUteFan
12-08-2015, 03:40 PM
It's an interesting lawsuit. Substance addiction is a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and I think that after someone has declared the disability and gone into rehab the employer has to be careful about firing that person. I wonder how carefully USC handled this? USC will probably settle rather than let a lawsuit drag on.

BEING an alcoholic is not a fireable offense. Plenty of people are alcoholics, although they have been completely sober for 5-10-20 years+.

Showing up drunk at work IS a fireable offense, whether or not the person has previously disclosed his alcoholism.

I can understand why Sark is doing this. His attorney MUST be hoping to settle out of court. Otherwise it would seem to be a very simple matter to turn a jury against Sark.

"He showed up drunk at work, as we heard in eyewitness testimony and saw in the Tribute to Troy video. Now he wants $30M. What would happen to any Joe on the street if he showed up drunk to work? Would he deserve to get $30M?..."

LA Ute
12-08-2015, 04:12 PM
BEING an alcoholic is not a fireable offense. Plenty of people are alcoholics, although they have been completely sober for 5-10-20 years+.

Showing up drunk at work IS a fireable offense, whether or not the person has previously disclosed his alcoholism.

I can understand why Sark is doing this. His attorney MUST be hoping to settle out of court. Otherwise it would seem to be a very simple matter to turn a jury against Sark.

"He showed up drunk at work, as we heard in eyewitness testimony and saw in the Tribute to Troy video. Now he wants $30M. What would happen to any Joe on the street if he showed up drunk to work? Would he deserve to get $30M?..."

You're right. Example: In an odd quirk of the law, if you're a physician and you apply to be on a hospital's medical staff, you can't be asked if you have, or have ever had, a substance abuse problem. You can be asked, however, if you are currently abusing any substances. (Who's going to answer yes to that question?) But if you show up drunk to the hospital you can be suspended immediately. If you immediately get into rehab, declaring that you have the addiction disability and are now getting help with it, the hospital usually has to wait until you've completed rehab and to give you a reasonable chance to come back and stay sober -- with random blood and urine tests, participation in a 12-step program, a behavior agreement and the whole nine yards. The interesting factual question in Sark's case will be whether a similar sequence of events took place in his case. Of course, he did more than simply show up for work drunk, he worked while drunk. I think the case will settle because USC doesn't want the PR problem. I am sure it won't settle for anything close to $30 million.

Diehard Ute
12-08-2015, 05:22 PM
You're right. Example: In an odd quirk of the law, if you're a physician and you apply to be on a hospital's medical staff, you can't be asked if you have, or have ever had, a substance abuse problem. You can be asked, however, if you are currently abusing any substances. (Who's going to answer yes to that question?) But if you show up drunk to the hospital you can be suspended immediately. If you immediately get into rehab, declaring that you have the addiction disability and are now getting help with it, the hospital usually has to wait until you've completed rehab and to give you a reasonable chance to come back and stay sober -- with random blood and urine tests, participation in a 12-step program, a behavior agreement and the whole nine yards. The interesting factual question in Sark's case will be whether a similar sequence of events took place in his case. Of course, he did more than simply show up for work drunk, he worked while drunk. I think the case will settle because USC doesn't want the PR problem. I am sure it won't settle for anything close to $30 million.

It's stuff like this that makes me chuckle.

Not only are you asked about your entire history when you apply to a police department. You're then given a polygraph (or CVSA now) to see if you're lying.

You get a DUI off duty. You're done. And POST suspends your certification for at least a year.

I have absolutely no problems with our rules, but seeing the scenario you described makes me laugh. Doctors should be held to a higher standard

LA Ute
12-08-2015, 05:28 PM
It's stuff like this that makes me chuckle.

Not only are you asked about your entire history when you apply to a police department. You're then given a polygraph (or CVSA now) to see if you're lying.

You get a DUI off duty. You're done. And POST suspends your certification for at least a year.

I have absolutely no problems with our rules, but seeing the scenario you described makes me laugh. Doctors should be held to a higher standard.

It is an interesting thing.

SeattleUte
12-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Jim Mora is so overrated. He's just bad.

SeattleUte
12-27-2015, 01:04 PM
ESPN ranks the Pac-12 bowls in terms of importance to the conference teams involved:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/96253/rating-the-pac-12-bowl-games-by-importance

This is a very strange ranking. I don't get it. It feels like a slap in the face to be be ranked number 1 here.

LA Ute
01-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Oregon demoting their DC and are on the lookout for a new one.

I wish they'd keep the current one in the job.

U-Ute
01-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Braylon Addison opts for the draft.

DrumNFeather
01-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Cal WR, Lawler to the Draft.

Applejack
01-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Cal WR, Lawler to the Draft.
Good. That guy was good.

DrumNFeather
01-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Good. That guy was good.
Feeling better about that road game with every declaration.

LA Ute
01-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Feeling better about that road game with every declaration.

Diehard Ute
01-07-2016, 09:15 PM
So Gary Andersen promotes Chad Kauha'aha'a to associate head coach. Surprising move as I've heard nothing good about him from his time coaching at the U

U-Ute
01-13-2016, 09:26 AM
An interesting project...

What would each school's team be worth if they were bought and sold like NFL teams?

I don't know how you'd do it or how long it would take. Fortunately, I don't have to because someone else did. For all FBS teams. This article specifically breaks down where the PAC-12 teams fare. Utah falls where you'd expect, but its interesting to see who we're ahead of, value wise.

http://m.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Cal-is-Pac-12-s-5th-most-valuable-football-6751738.php?cmpid=reddit-mobile

15. Washington, $444,130,000
18. Oregon, $338,640,000
24. USC, $280,730,000
26. Arizona State, $262,540,000
29. Cal, $239,420,000
31. Stanford, $222,880,000
33. UCLA, $211,270,000
35. Oregon State, $203,270,000
37. Colorado, $192,380,000
38. Utah, $189,080,000
44. Arizona, $151,020,000
49. Washington State, $129,370,000

Utebiquitous
01-13-2016, 12:22 PM
I wonder why Oregon State is above us, Colorado and Arizona. That makes no sense to me. I get the rest.

U-Ute
01-13-2016, 12:55 PM
I wonder why Oregon State is above us, Colorado and Arizona. That makes no sense to me. I get the rest.

I was surprised as well with Oregon State and Arizona. My expectation was the reverse.

But then again, I'm suspicious about anything that places USC as less valuable than anyone. As far as branding and merchandising goes, I would think they would be near the top, above at least Oregon. UW I can believe.

NorthwestUteFan
01-13-2016, 01:05 PM
I was surprised to see the value of UW, especially when compared to USC.

But then I remembered the recent renovation of Husky Stadium, which cost the equivalent of USC's valuation.

U-Ute
01-13-2016, 03:44 PM
UCLA announces staff changes.

http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30500&ATCLID=21063329
(http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30500&ATCLID=210633290)
In short:

Kennedy Polamalu: OC
Marques Tuiasisopo: QB coach
Rip Scherer: TE coach

LA Ute
01-14-2016, 08:23 AM
UCLA announces staff changes.

http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30500&ATCLID=21063329
(http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30500&ATCLID=210633290)
In short:

Kennedy Polamalu: OC
Marques Tuiasisopo: QB coach
Rip Scherer: TE coach

Yikes! Two Poly coaches. Our Poly pipeline is even more doomed.

Dwight Schr-Ute
02-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Pat Haden to step down as USC AD this summer.

I wonder if this increases or decreases the likelihood of another mid-season football coach in the next two years.

sancho
02-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Zona @ UW close in the 2nd half. Lots of dunks.

DrumNFeather
02-06-2016, 04:24 PM
Zona @ UW close in the 2nd half. Lots of dunks.
I'm trying to think which team winning helps us more. I think it's Washington.

sancho
02-06-2016, 04:37 PM
I'm trying to think which team winning helps us more. I think it's Washington.

UW is still a bubble team, and I wouldn't mind seeing them miss out. I kinda like the idea of the Huskies continuing to underperform with loads of talent. I would think that eventually, the talent would stop going there.

On the other hand, I hate Arizona.

DrumNFeather
02-06-2016, 04:42 PM
UW is still a bubble team, and I wouldn't mind seeing them miss out. I kinda like the idea of the Huskies continuing to underperform with loads of talent. I would think that eventually, the talent would stop going there.

On the other hand, I hate Arizona.
They're both 7-4 now and have to come to SLC...so hopefully advantage us.

Dwight Schr-Ute
02-08-2016, 05:00 PM
You guys are confusing threads again. Which confuses me.

U-Ute
02-10-2016, 03:00 PM
Pat Hayden rushed to hospital.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--pat-haden-taken-from-usc-via-ambulance-201151618.html

Dwight Schr-Ute
04-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Seth Collins transfers from Oregon State to Oregon State.

U-Ute
04-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Seth Collins transfers from Oregon State to Oregon State.

Does he still have to sit out a year? :rofl:

DrumNFeather
04-13-2016, 11:22 AM
USC hires Lynn Swan as its Athletic Director.

U-Ute
04-13-2016, 01:23 PM
USC hires Lynn Swan as its Athletic Director.

Well that's interesting. I don't know what I expect.

Diehard Ute
04-13-2016, 01:31 PM

Neither do they.

LA Ute
04-13-2016, 01:32 PM

Well, we know that great athletes are always great athletics administrators, so there's that.

U-Ute
04-13-2016, 02:48 PM
Well, we know that great athletes are always great athletics administrators, so there's that.

I agree, but Swann seems like he's on top of things more than most. Time will tell.

Diehard Ute
04-13-2016, 03:25 PM
I agree, but Swann seems like he's on top of things more than most. Time will tell.

Ted Miller said it well.

USC trots out a press release saying they considered 200 candidates...hiring Swann out of 200 candidates only leaves one wondering.

Dwight Schr-Ute
04-21-2016, 11:13 AM
Not the best place for this, but whatever.

The leadership of PAC-12 is a major cluster. Not only does the UCLA AD vote against every other school on satellite camps. Then Larry Scott throws him under the bus after all these guys have kept their mouths shuts throughout all of the whole PAC-Network failings.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2016/04/canzano_pac_12_conference_lead.html

Utah
04-21-2016, 11:57 AM
I don't think Scott will be commissioner very long. He's been pretty terrible.

Dwight Schr-Ute
04-21-2016, 06:00 PM

I agree.

:hug:

Mormon Red Death
04-21-2016, 06:10 PM
He's been great for us

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

U-Ute
04-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Cal signs 10 yr/$86M deal with Under Armor. (http://www.scout.com/college/california/story/1663261-cal-signs-deal-under-armour).

Applejack
04-22-2016, 11:23 AM
He's been great for us

I agree!

:EastCoastHug:

Diehard Ute
04-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Cal signs 10 yr/$86M deal with Under Armor. (http://www.scout.com/college/california/story/1663261-cal-signs-deal-under-armour).

I believe Utah and UA have an exclusive negotiating window coming up next year.

I would guess UA will make Utah a pretty good offer, keeping us in the stable out west is important to them.

Diehard Ute
04-22-2016, 03:43 PM
That offer better include good looking, mountain-free uniforms that are:

1) Red and white combinations with no black for 10 games
2) Black and white with no red for 1 game
3) Throwback for 1 game

Well since Utah completely controls the color combinations that's on the U

And from everything I've heard the U pushed the mountains as well.

You must remember, especially in football, players are hooked on the idea of changing up uniforms every game.

Diehard Ute
04-22-2016, 03:57 PM
I am all for that. Change it every game. There is room for 100 different combinations that keep the uniform looking good:

3) Throwback for 1 game

So in a 12 game season you'd have one chance to wear black helmets, and you could have no red on the black helmets.

You couldn't have black face masks for 11 games a year.

Guessing you wouldn't be on the players leadership committee with your uniform ideas :)

LA Ute
04-22-2016, 04:27 PM
I am all for that. Change it every game. There is room for 100 different combinations that keep the uniform looking good:

3) Throwback for 1 game

I am strongly in favor of some combination of red and white for every game. Let's go all out!

Diehard Ute
04-22-2016, 04:32 PM
I am strongly in favor of some combination of red and white for every game. Let's go all out!

You also want everyone to get off your lawn.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160422/527cbd35ccf8e8b9b6e9460235bff360.jpg

LA Ute
04-22-2016, 05:18 PM
You also want everyone to get off your lawn.

I'm a liberal guy on these matters. I'm willing to accept some black trim on the numbers and in other places as an accent color. I'm just not thrilled about our teams looking like these guys on the field:

Or these guys:

...'cause their colors are black and red.

LA Ute
04-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Cal signs 10-year, $86-million sponsorship deal with Under Armour (http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Cal-signs-10-year-86-million-sponsorship-deal-7296114.php)

According to a Facebook post I saw, Cal's deal is far richer than Utah's:

Cal is now the second Pac-12 team to have an Under Armour contract. At 10 years $86 million ($3 million per year in cash, $4.76 million in product allowance) it is worth about 3.5 times what Utah's deal is worth with Under Armour (Utah gets $600K in cash, and $1.8 million in product allowance).Cal now has the richest apparel contract in the Pac-12 (surprisingly, Oregon was 4th behind UCLA's Adidas deal, UW's Nike deal and ASU's Adidas deal). Their expiring contract with Nike was worth about $2.1 million per year.

Utah's contract with UA is up next year... I am curious to see if we will renew and what they are willing to pay. Adidas has been paying big $$ lately to get into the market, I would be interested to see if Adidas makes a competitive bid. Also, with Nike now having lost ASU and Cal out of the Pac-12, will they try to pick Utah up? Their bid last time was "close," maybe they'll make a better bid.

Given what they are paying Cal (Cal!) I would be very disappointed if we signed with UA for less than what they are paying Cal considering we have been with UA for so long.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Utenation/permalink/1037458226349014/

Diehard Ute
04-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Cal signs 10-year, $86-million sponsorship deal with Under Armour (http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Cal-signs-10-year-86-million-sponsorship-deal-7296114.php)

According to a Facebook post I saw, Cal's deal is far richer than Utah's:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Utenation/permalink/1037458226349014/

The first school wide deal from UA happened just after the switch to the Pac12.

It's a far better deal than what Utah had before (which really wasn't a deal, it was up to each sport)

Things have changed a lot since 2011. Both in the equipment world and with Utah. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

U-Ute
04-25-2016, 09:15 AM
The first school wide deal from UA happened just after the switch to the Pac12.

It's a far better deal than what Utah had before (which really wasn't a deal, it was up to each sport)

Things have changed a lot since 2011. Both in the equipment world and with Utah. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I think I read/heard that Utah's contract with UA is up for renewal after this year. I think this deal may have raised the bar a bit for us.

Dwight Schr-Ute
04-25-2016, 09:28 AM
I think I read/heard that Utah's contract with UA is up for renewal after this year. I think this deal may have raised the bar a bit for us.

When it was announced, Twitter couldn't decide if the Cal deal would be a sign of encouragement for Utah getting a payout bump next year or signs that we'll just be getting bumped.

SoCalPat
04-26-2016, 11:19 AM
When it was announced, Twitter couldn't decide if the Cal deal would be a sign of encouragement for Utah getting a payout bump next year or signs that we'll just be getting bumped.

I'm hoping it's more of the former. When you realize who UA's biggest endorser is, getting into Cal makes a ton of sense.

I wasn't huge on UA when we signed the deal, but they've made inroads at the college and pro level, and is poised to join (if it hasn't already) the major brands of Nike, Adidas and Reebok. Having Steph Curry flaunt your brand will do that. If we lose UA, the only acceptable replacement is Nike, IMO.

concerned
04-26-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm hoping it's more of the former. When you realize who UA's biggest endorser is, getting into Cal makes a ton of sense.

I wasn't huge on UA when we signed the deal, but they've made inroads at the college and pro level, and is poised to join (if it hasn't already) the major brands of Nike, Adidas and Reebok. Having Steph Curry flaunt your brand will do that. If we lose UA, the only acceptable replacement is Nike, IMO.

Just saw a comment from the head of UA, that they are really tryiong to make inroads into the Bay area. Also have Buster Posey and Saint Marys.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
05-10-2016, 06:07 PM
Spring ball was a mixed bag in Eugene. I think the move to a 4-3 will pay dividends for Oregon and I am really excited about the Hoke hire. As was evident during the Utah/Wazzu/2nd half of TCU games, despite the abundant talent at the skill positions you need a QB to drive this offense, right now I'm worried. Prokoup does not appear to be Vernon Adams, Travis Jonsen is good but still looks very young and makes some questionable decisions, Terry Wilson is the guy everyone loves but he is a loooong ways from being the guy after spring. Hopefully they are able to figure something out before traveling to Nebraska and starting conference play.

SeattleUte
05-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Spring ball was a mixed bag in Eugene. I think the move to a 4-3 will pay dividends for Oregon and I am really excited about the Hoke hire. As was evident during the Utah/Wazzu/2nd half of TCU games, despite the abundant talent at the skill positions you need a QB to drive this offense, right now I'm worried. Prokoup does not appear to be Vernon Adams, Travis Jonsen is good but still looks very young and makes some questionable decisions, Terry Wilson is the guy everyone loves but he is a loooong ways from being the guy after spring. Hopefully they are able to figure something out before traveling to Nebraska and starting conference play.

Nice. I'm glad you're worried, my friend.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
05-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Nice. I'm glad you're worried, my friend.

I don't know if I'm worried, I've just started to feel a crack that has me wondering if Helfrich is more Kiffin after Pete than Miles after Saban.

NorthwestUteFan
05-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Now that he has Hoke as the DC the Ducks will be able to bring back that defensive ferocity they used to have under Alliotta. I think they will have a decent year and will build on it going forward.

sancho
05-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Now that he has Hoke as the DC the Ducks will be able to bring back that defensive ferocity they used to have under Alliotta. I think they will have a decent year and will build on it going forward.

A division can only support two powers. Oregon and Stanford have owned the north, but UW wants to muscle in. If the Huskies make it, either the cards or the ducks will fall.

LA Ute
05-12-2016, 11:20 PM
A division can only support two powers. Oregon and Stanford have owned the north, but UW wants to muscle in. If the Huskies make it, either the cards or the ducks will fall.

I'll bet I know which one you hope falls.

sancho
05-13-2016, 06:51 AM
I'll bet I know which one you hope falls.

Sure, but we all share that hope, right?

LA Ute
05-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Sure, but we all share that hope, right?

Probably, but with varying degrees of fervency. It does not bother me one bit when the tree falls.

DrumNFeather
06-07-2016, 12:03 PM
Mora and UCLA agree on a two year extension through the 2021 season.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
06-08-2016, 07:05 PM
Mora and UCLA agree on a two year extension through the 2021 season.

Two more years of mediocrity!

Solon
08-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Terribly sad news at Arizona.
http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/102141/arizona-coaches-players-remember-zach-hemmila

sancho
08-29-2016, 11:56 AM
Pac-12 team talent rankings:

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite?Conference=Pac-12

This is a ranking that takes into account the recruiting rankings of the entire current roster.

Utah at 9th place, but closer to 8th than to 10th by quite a bit.

U-Ute
08-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Osa Masina under investigation for sexual assault.

http://fox13now.com/2016/08/30/usc-football-player-from-utah-under-criminal-investigation/

Dwight Schr-Ute
08-30-2016, 05:23 PM

http://fox13now.com/2016/08/30/usc-football-player-from-utah-under-criminal-investigation/

A cautionary tale.

LA Ute
08-30-2016, 06:11 PM
If you ever think our marketing department has serious misses from time to time, remember that it could always be worse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRbhoR6eIM0

Holy humiliation, Batman!

Applejack
08-31-2016, 08:09 AM

I smell a transfer...

UBlender
08-31-2016, 09:00 AM
I smell a transfer...

If he's guilty then the only transfer will be to prison.

concerned
08-31-2016, 09:05 AM
If he's guilty then the only transfer will be to prison.

Apparently he is being investigated for two separate incidents--one in SLC and one in LA.

UBlender
08-31-2016, 09:08 AM
Apparently he is being investigated for two separate incidents--one in SLC and one in LA.

Right. Maybe there's a connection between the two, but it seems unlikely that he is being falsely accused in two separate incidents right now. It doesn't look good.

NorthwestUteFan
08-31-2016, 09:09 AM
It is more likely there was only one incident, it happened in SLC, and the LAPD happens to be assisting.

Applejack
08-31-2016, 09:50 AM
It is more likely there was only one incident, it happened in SLC, and the LAPD happens to be assisting.

Yeah, I got the impression it was a SLC-led investigation.

Diehard Ute
08-31-2016, 11:13 AM

Yeah, I got the impression it was a SLC-led investigation.

Nope. There's two.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17424455/usc-trojans-lb-osa-masina-investigation-multiple-states

As expected Skordas is his attorney

Applejack
08-31-2016, 11:42 AM
Nope. There's two.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17424455/usc-trojans-lb-osa-masina-investigation-multiple-states

As expected Skordas is his attorney

Sad.

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Damn. http://deadspin.com/report-usc-football-player-raped-woman-twice-snapchat-1786079046

Utah
09-01-2016, 09:53 PM
You don't wish that on anyone. That's heartbreaking.

Applejack
09-02-2016, 09:02 AM
You don't wish that on anyone. That's heartbreaking.

If true, I don't have much sympathy for Masina. Drugging a girl? That's some messed up stuff.

concerned
09-02-2016, 09:04 AM
If true, I don't have much sympathy for Masina. Drugging a girl? That's some messed up stuff.

Even if it was "consentual" (as he apparently claims), sending pics to the ex boyfriend, if true, will destroy his career, college at least.

DrumNFeather
09-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Caught a bit of the Oregon St. game last night. They look improved...and actually kinda choked that game away vs. Minnesota. They could be a little bit more of a tougher out this year.

SeattleUte
09-02-2016, 10:09 AM

Did they find the drug in her blood?

Diehard Ute
09-02-2016, 10:23 AM

Toxicology likely isn't back yet. It's a slow process. Usually at least 2 months.

hostile
09-02-2016, 10:24 AM
One of the articles (Deadspin, I think) stated that the female had taken Xanax and been drinking around the first incident in LA. No mention of whether ingesting the substances was voluntary on her part.

Diehard Ute
09-02-2016, 10:35 AM
One of the articles (Deadspin, I think) stated that the female had taken Xanax and been drinking around the first incident in LA. No mention of whether ingesting the substances was voluntary on her part.

I think it's the Utah incident where it insinuated she was drugged.

hostile
09-02-2016, 10:42 AM
I think it's the Utah incident where it insinuated she was drugged.

OK. That makes sense.

Utah
09-02-2016, 10:47 AM

Yeah. I will wait to pass any judgement until we learn more, but anyone that drugs anyone and rapes them doesn't deserve to be free. No one deserves to have that happen to them. Disgusting.

NorthwestUteFan
09-02-2016, 07:57 PM
Colorado looks very good tonight. Is this their year to go bowling? I say yes.

Redbird
09-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Colorado looks very good tonight. Is this their year to go bowling? I say yes.

to hell with them. I hate those pricks.

mUUser
09-02-2016, 08:05 PM
CSU has that deer in the headlights look. MacIntryre did a heckuva job at SJSU. They'll be competitive in the P12 in the near future. No more the pansies of the conference.....

mUUser
09-02-2016, 08:08 PM
McCaffrey will be the best player on the field every game this season.....including this KSU game. Makes defenders look silly.

Diehard Ute
09-03-2016, 12:44 PM
Washington is playing well. But Rutgers looks far worse than SUU.

Diehard Ute
09-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Watching Azeem Victor for UW, he's going to get a taunting penalty. It's only a matter of time. He's in someone's face mask after every play.

UBlender
09-03-2016, 02:30 PM
In that case, who will take their spot as pansies of the conference? There always has to be someone.

Yep, the conference needs a bottom dweller in both divisions. I was listening to a podcast several weeks ago that was previewing some of the teams. When they discussed Colorado they said this could be the year they break through to six wins and a bowl. As they put it, "If Colorado goes 6-6 then everybody (in the division) is going 6-6." Obviously that's hyperbole, but the concept is true: If every team in the division is tough then there won't be a dominant team that comes out with a chance at the playoff.

So, if CU is going to be competent then somebody else needs to fall apart. Arizona schools, I'm looking in your direction.

LA Ute
09-03-2016, 03:21 PM
So, if CU is going to be competent then somebody else needs to fall apart. Arizona schools, I'm looking in your direction.

:clap:

Applejack
09-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Washington state trying to make it two years in a row against fcs teams.

U-Ute
09-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Say what you want about Larry's use of TO's, but RichRod burning one with :01 left in the 1Q is mind boggling.

LA Ute
09-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Pac 12 power rankings

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/103281/pac-12-week-1-power-rankings-good-bad-and-ugly

I was kinda shocked by the USC score. I thought they'd at least play a respectable game.

It wasn't the worst-case scenario for the Trojans, but it was pretty close. Alabama kept them out of the end zone, scored 52 points in three quarters and one USC player got booted for stomping on a downed opponent. It was one of the worst performances in school history. Not a good look.

I'm never sad to see them lose, but wow.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-05-2016, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure what to make of Oregon after Satruday. Some of the defensive play was much better, other problems that existed last year seemed to be still as big of problem. Most concerning is that the offensive line struggled to open holes at the start of the game against an FCS team. I'm willing to write that off to nerves of 4 first time starters if they play well Saturday, however if they struggle again that will set an ominous tone for the entire season. Prukop made some good throws, but seemed eager to check down to the safety valve. I think it is safe to say that not a lot of Duck fans left Saturday afternoon thinking Oregon had found their flow again.

I would have a hard time having them #3 in that power ranking, I also would have a hard time having USC above #11. Wazzu wins the 12th spot for losing at home to an FCS team, but SC got hammered. That was no better than the second worst performance of the weekend.

NorthwestUteFan
09-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Mark Hrlfrich needs to call EWU about Gage Gubrud. He can be their next grad transfer lifesaver.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-05-2016, 11:05 PM
Mark Hrlfrich needs to call EWU about Gage Gubrud. He can be their next grad transfer lifesaver.

Thankfully it appears Oregon has 2-3 guys that will battle all year for the #2 spot and the starter next year. Hopefully they are 2-4 years away from needing to consider a grad transfer QB again.

LA Ute
09-06-2016, 06:05 AM
Most concerning is that the offensive line struggled to open holes at the start of the game against an FCS team. I'm willing to write that off to nerves of 4 first time starters if they play well Saturday, however if they struggle again that will set an ominous tone for the entire season.

We feel your pain, brother.

Diehard Ute
09-07-2016, 05:04 PM
As an update to the Under Armour posts in this thread, Goon reported today that Chris Hill confirmed the U is in "late stage" negotiations for an extension. Deal isn't done but it sounds like it's going to likely stay with UA

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofusports/4327162-155/utah-athletics-utes-under-armour-nearing

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-07-2016, 05:48 PM
As an update to the Under Armour posts in this thread, Goon reported today that Chris Hill confirmed the U is in "late stage" negotiations for an extension. Deal isn't done but it sounds like it's going to likely stay with UA

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofusports/4327162-155/utah-athletics-utes-under-armour-nearing

Very interesting. I wonder if going early gets more money (come on Cal kind of money!) or just more mountains.

Diehard Ute
09-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Very interesting. I wonder if going early gets more money (come on Cal kind of money!) or just more mountains.

I'm guessing we end up in the Cal range (That was Goon's take as well)

U-Ute
09-08-2016, 10:57 AM
USC video team struggles with post-game hype video.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/09/sec_shorts_-_usc_video_team_st.html

:clap:

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-11-2016, 01:45 PM
I think we have the conference offensive player of the week. Ballage for ASU has 8 TDs (an FBS record) on 11 touches.

That game was insane. Kept checking the score and couldn't believe the offense.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Another week another impressive unimpressive win for Oregon. Prukup made some real strides and I think is finding some mojo in the Oregon offense, spreading the ball around and using his weapons. It was awesome to see Pharaoh Brown get into the end zone last night after his sickening injury in SLC 2 years ago, they were close that night to amputating his leg so pretty amazing what doctors, science and dedication to recovery can do. Royce really might be the best RB Oregon has ever had, he is so fun to watch. The defense played an awesome first half, then fell asleep again in the second and started giving up big plays and sustained drives. I am not sure if it is depth or scheme or what, but this problem needs to be addressed soon or it will cost games.

One of my favorite subtle things to watch over the last 3 seasons has been swagger filled DBs get caught off guard when this white boy Devon Allen runs right by them again and again, eventually the DBs swagger becomes chippy play and then a breakdown for a big play. I had thought with Allen's olympic success that might change, but sure enough the UVA DBs started off with a lot of head bobbing and trash talk then by the third quarter it was tackling him on every punt coverage and late chips, culminated in him torching them deep and hurdling in the end zone.

I'm concerned about next week, but Mike Riley gives me some hope. Colorado finding an explosive offense has me thinking September could get ugly.

SeattleUte
09-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Another week another impressive unimpressive win for Oregon. Prukup made some real strides and I think is finding some mojo in the Oregon offense, spreading the ball around and using his weapons. It was awesome to see Pharaoh Brown get into the end zone last night after his sickening injury in SLC 2 years ago, they were close that night to amputating his leg so pretty amazing what doctors, science and dedication to recovery can do. Royce really might be the best RB Oregon has ever had, he is so fun to watch. The defense played an awesome first half, then fell asleep again in the second and started giving up big plays and sustained drives. I am not sure if it is depth or scheme or what, but this problem needs to be addressed soon or it will cost games.

One of my favorite subtle things to watch over the last 3 seasons has been swagger filled DBs get caught off guard when this white boy Devon Allen runs right by them again and again, eventually the DBs swagger becomes chippy play and then a breakdown for a big play. I had thought with Allen's olympic success that might change, but sure enough the UVA DBs started off with a lot of head bobbing and trash talk then by the third quarter it was tackling him on every punt coverage and late chips, culminated in him torching them deep and hurdling in the end zone.

I'm concerned about next week, but Mike Riley gives me some hope. Colorado finding an explosive offense has me thinking September could get ugly.

what's happening with your quarterback?

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-11-2016, 02:14 PM
what's happening with your quarterback?

He's playing pretty well, he doesn't make the reads that Marcus did or have the escapability and deep ball of Adams, but those are hard skills to match. I think he will be an above average QB for the Ducks, there is a lot of buzz right now about the freshman behind him so hopefully they aren't going to be looking for a grad transfer again for a least a few years.

One thing he is very good at is the read option, he buries the ball and pulls it out better than either Mariota or Adams. If he gets on the same page with the big 3 WRs then they offense could be dangerous again, one would've hoped that would've already happened with spring ball, summer and camp though.

Diehard Ute
09-11-2016, 02:22 PM

Same game we lost Tim Patrick to his gruesome leg break for 2 years.

Both those guys are fortunate those injuries happened a mile from such a good hospital.

chrisrenrut
09-13-2016, 04:50 PM
Should Utah fans want USC or Stanford to win on Saturday?

I think Stanford. We want a broken and defeated USC the following week.

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Not a conference rival, but thought some might be interested in this regional news. http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091316aac.html

Utah
09-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Should Utah fans want USC or Stanford to win on Saturday?

Stanford. We want the south teams to lose every game.

concerned
09-13-2016, 05:54 PM
Yep stanford. Plus they have a chance to make the playoff, which is good for us money wise, and we don't play them until the championship game. We want the Pac-12 in the playoff

Applejack
09-14-2016, 08:11 AM
You'd have to be a moran (or Sancho) to root for USC this week. Or any week.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-14-2016, 12:00 PM
Not a conference rival, but thought some might be interested in this regional news. http://www.unlvrebels.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/091316aac.html

Feritta's to open that billionaire wallet, $10 mil doesn't buy state of the art. Oregon has a 3 year old $90 mil building and Uncle Phil decided that wasn't new and nice enough so they opened a new $30 mil one last month. You can't sell the UFC for $4 bill then go cheap on the football team.

U-Ute
09-14-2016, 12:04 PM
You'd have to be a moran (or Sancho) to root for USC this week. Or any week.

Fortunately for me, it feels easy to root against USC.

I have a much more difficult time rooting against nerds.

Utah
09-14-2016, 02:17 PM
Stanford sucks.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-14-2016, 04:15 PM
Stanford sucks.

You might not realize this but they have this running back that is so awesome! I mean he wouldn't get running back carries at probably more than 2-3 of the other top 25 teams in the country but he is awesome, he gets so many yards on kick and punt returns. He never takes a touchback and gets cheered loudly when he brings it out of the end zone to the 22 yard line, seriously look at those total yards! Also, he's white so that probably doesn't hurt.

NorthwestUteFan
09-14-2016, 04:43 PM
The fact that he has 9 bulldozers blocking for him doesn't hurt. But he is very exciting to watch.

Utah
09-14-2016, 04:44 PM
You might not realize this but they have this running back that is so awesome! I mean he wouldn't get running back carries at probably more than 2-3 of the other top 25 teams in the country but he is awesome, he gets so many yards on kick and punt returns. He never takes a touchback and gets cheered loudly when he brings it out of the end zone to the 22 yard line, seriously look at those total yards! Also, he's white so that probably doesn't hurt.

Nice. I'd love to have Shaw as our HC. If I were starting a football team, NFL/college/whatever, Shaw would be my first choice.

I hate Stanford. Screw em.

chrisrenrut
09-14-2016, 04:51 PM

I get what you are saying here. But. . . (Sancho, you may want to stop reading here)

The fact is, he set the record for all-purpose yardage last year, for a team that ended the season at 12-2 and ranked #3 in the nation, against the 12th toughest schedule according to Sagarin. Everyone knew he was getting the ball, and they still couldn't stop him. McCaffrey is a legitimate talent.

NorthwestUteFan
09-14-2016, 04:58 PM
Utah is upset because Stanford fans don't deserve the great team they have.

McCaffrey is incredible to watch. I hope that whomever wins the Heisman this year says in his acceptance speech "... Christian McCaffrey this more than I do."

And then I hope he ends up playing for the Patriots, Seahawks (so I can watch him), or the Chiefs (to help Alex Smith get to the SB).

Utah
09-14-2016, 10:14 PM
Utah is upset because Stanford fans don't deserve the great team they have.

Man, this hit home. You may be right.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-14-2016, 10:23 PM
I get what you are saying here. But. . . (Sancho, you may want to stop reading here)

The fact is, he set the record for all-purpose yardage last year, for a team that ended the season at 12-2 and ranked #3 in the nation, against the 12th toughest schedule according to Sagarin. Everyone knew he was getting the ball, and they still couldn't stop him. McCaffrey is a legitimate talent.

I think he is a very good player, I wouldn't trade Royce Freeman for him if you threw in one of their typically great OL into the deal. My beef is with the praise for the all-purpose yards, I think that's a somewhat irrelevant number. I know in the Oregon game last year he returned three kicks out of the end zone and didn't get to the 25, which would've been the more beneficial move for his team, then at the end of the game they talked about how amazing he was in defeat because he had X all-purpose yards. Meanwhile I'm thinking to myself "Yeah but 60ish of those actually hurt his team" I doubt the Oregon game was the only time that happened.

I I also strongly feel that if he were not a white RB the praise wouldn't be so over the top of his play.

SoCalPat
09-15-2016, 10:32 AM
I think he is a very good player, I wouldn't trade Royce Freeman for him if you threw in one of their typically great OL into the deal. My beef is with the praise for the all-purpose yards, I think that's a somewhat irrelevant number. I know in the Oregon game last year he returned three kicks out of the end zone and didn't get to the 25, which would've been the more beneficial move for his team, then at the end of the game they talked about how amazing he was in defeat because he had X all-purpose yards. Meanwhile I'm thinking to myself "Yeah but 60ish of those actually hurt his team" I doubt the Oregon game was the only time that happened.

I I also strongly feel that if he were not a white RB the praise wouldn't be so over the top of his play.

Psssssshhh! If he were black and at Utah, Kyle would move him to defense.

concerned
09-15-2016, 10:41 AM
Psssssshhh! If he were black and at Utah, Kyle would move him to defense.

I kept thinking that about Taysom Hill. He would have been an all american linebacker under Whit.

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-15-2016, 10:46 AM
Osa Masina charged with rape and two counts of forced sodomy.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4356637-155/college-football-former-brighton-star-osa

SeattleUte
09-15-2016, 10:52 AM
Osa Masina charged with rape and two counts of forced sodomy.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4356637-155/college-football-former-brighton-star-osa

This article is a mess. Is she saying he raped her twice, once in LA and two weeks later in Salt Lake?

DrumNFeather
09-15-2016, 10:55 AM
This article is a mess. Is she saying he raped her twice, once in LA and two weeks later in Salt Lake?

Yes...and he snapchatted the incident to her ex boyfriend, a U of A football player.