PDA

View Full Version : The Trojans, the Ducks, the Bruins, and all those guys: The PAC-12 rivals thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

SeattleUte
09-15-2016, 11:01 AM
Yes...and he snapchatted the incident to her ex boyfriend, a U of A football player.

Does anyone know how she came to be with her alleged rapist two weeks later in Salt Lake. Did he kidnap her? How did her boyfriend in Arizona react to the snapchat pic? Is she still his girlfriend? When did she first tell police she was raped?

Diehard Ute
09-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know how she came to be with her alleged rapist two weeks later in Salt Lake. Did he kidnap her? How did her boyfriend in Arizona react to the snapchat pic? Is she still his girlfriend? When did she first tell police she was raped?

You're probably going to have to wait for a hearing or a trial to get some of that information.

As to your last question from what I've seen in the media it was within a day or two of the Utah case. A sexual assault kit was completed so it was no more than 4 days later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeattleUte
09-15-2016, 11:17 AM
You're probably going to have to wait for a hearing or a trial to get some of that information.

As to your last question from what I've seen in the media it was within a day or two of the Utah case. A sexual assault kit was completed so it was no more than 4 days later.

When did she report the California incident, the one that was videotaped?

Diehard Ute
09-15-2016, 11:20 AM
When did she report the California incident, the one that was videotaped?

I think it came out as part of her report here.

That's not uncommon really. Contrary to what the media portrays, the vast majority of sexual assaults are perpetrated by people who know the victim, and they often happen more than once.

Utah
09-15-2016, 11:32 AM
I kept thinking that about Taysom Hill. He would have been an all american linebacker under Whit.

Stanford wanted to move him to defense, so he transferred to BYU. I've thought about that a lot. What if he played LB'er for Stanford? Does he still get hurt as much? Would he have left college a year or two ago as a first round draft pick? Maybe.

Now, he will become a high school OC in a year or two or will be selling t-shirts out of a Kneaders like the other BYU greats.

Utah
09-15-2016, 11:33 AM
Yes...and he snapchatted the incident to her ex boyfriend, a U of A football player.

Isn't the U of A player that Neves kid from Utah?

concerned
09-15-2016, 11:36 AM
Isn't the U of A player that Neves kid from Utah?

Presumably, yes; he is the only player from Utah on Arizona's roster. didn't he play for Brigton at one point (of many)? Whoever the player was, he and Osa were apparently good friends before all of this. She is from here, went down to LA to visit OSA. Whether there was ever a snapchat is apparently hotly disputed.

LA Ute
09-15-2016, 11:48 AM

If this is true, he's not only a serial rapist, he's a stupid, arrogant serial rapist. He may be going away for a while, and this may be the end of his football career. What. An. Idiot.

Diehard Ute
09-15-2016, 11:49 AM
If this is true, he's not only a serial rapist, he's a stupid, arrogant serial rapist. He may be going away for a while, and this may be the end of his football career. What. An. Idiot.

Well, from what we can study on such things it's believed most perpetrators commit multiple assaults. I think the last data I saw in a training was 5-7 assaults before they're caught.

I have no idea whether he's guilty or not. Only time will tell.

LA Ute
09-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Well, from what we can study on such things it's believed most perpetrators commit multiple assaults. I think the last data I saw in a training was 5-7 assaults before they're caught.

I am glad he chose not to go to Utah. Otherwise Kyle would probably be dealing with something like this.

Diehard Ute
09-15-2016, 11:53 AM
I am glad he chose not to go to Utah. Otherwise Kyle would probably be dealing with something like this.

I was thinking the same thing earlier.

Rocker Ute
09-15-2016, 12:09 PM

Is it caught or convicted? Sincerely curious in light of what I shared here a few months back. It seemed at the time that because of the lack of ability to convict a lot of these scum bags are walking free.

Diehard Ute
09-15-2016, 12:13 PM
Is it caught or convicted? Sincerely curious in light of what I shared here a few months back. It seemed at the time that because of the lack of ability to convict a lot of these scum bags are walking free.

Convictions are very difficult. From what was presented this was caught/reported rather than convicted.

They're tough cases, and regardless of the case juries are very unpredictable.

SeattleUte
09-15-2016, 12:35 PM

LA, I don't follow your line of reasoning here. The fact he allowed the incident to be photographed doesn't mean necessarily or even lead to the conclusion that he's a rapist. A good lawyer could make a contrary argument.

Can we let him get his due process, and only if he's convicted, call him a rapist on a public forum? I note that he's a very young man, and a minority.

LA Ute
09-15-2016, 12:53 PM
LA, I don't follow your line of reasoning here. The fact he allowed the incident to be photographed doesn't mean necessarily or even lead to the conclusion that he's a rapist. A good lawyer could make a contrary argument.

Can we let him get his due process, and only if he's convicted, call him a rapist on a public forum? I note that he's a very young man, and a minority.

The first four words of my post are "If this is true:"

NorthwestUteFan
09-15-2016, 12:55 PM
I recall the original allegation was that she was drugged and unconscious at the time. That changes things. Hard to prove consent when the victim is unconscious.

Utah
09-15-2016, 12:57 PM
Can this get it's own thread?

I hate these TMZ type threads and I realize I helped move it along. That's my bad.

SeattleUte
09-15-2016, 12:57 PM
The first four words of my post are "If this is true:"

Since you were referring to the post about the snapchat, I assumed you were referring to that.

SeattleUte
09-15-2016, 12:58 PM
I recall the original allegation was that she was drugged and unconscious at the time. That changes things. Hard to prove consent when the victim is unconscious.

The key words in your phrase.

SeattleUte
09-15-2016, 12:59 PM
Can this get it's own thread?

I hate these TMZ type threads and I realize I helped move it along. That's my bad.

No. I think giving this its own thread is a very bad idea. It should remain buried here.

chrisrenrut
09-15-2016, 12:59 PM
Stanford wanted to move him to defense, so he transferred to BYU. I've thought about that a lot. What if he played LB'er for Stanford? Does he still get hurt as much? Would he have left college a year or two ago as a first round draft pick? Maybe.

Now, he will become a high school OC in a year or two or will be selling t-shirts out of a Kneaders like the other BYU greats.

:rolleyes: No, he'll be making 6 figures working in finance somewhere. He almost didn't come back to play football because of the job opportunities in the finance world that were presented to him.

Utah
09-15-2016, 01:14 PM
:rolleyes: No, he'll be making 6 figures working in finance somewhere. He almost didn't come back to play football because of the job opportunities in the finance world that were presented to him.

Lol. I doubt it. Riley Nelson almost left his SR to go to medical school, yet he is coaching high school football now.

As of right now, I'll chalk this up as another cougarboard myth. Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am. I wish everyone nothing but success.

But, I've heard that story many times before and very rarely does it pan out.

concerned
09-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Chrisenrut is right. T Hall has a financial background and a future on Wall Street. He is no dummy.

NorthwestUteFan
09-15-2016, 01:28 PM
Yes. T Hill had an internship on Wall Street last year and after the summer he left to play football again rather than get hired in.

He will go straight back to something like that in a few months.

Sullyute
09-15-2016, 02:05 PM
Which is fine, I guess. But being an NFL linebacker is 1,000 times cooler and at least 100 times more noble.

Apparently you are unfamiliar with Gordon Gekko

NorthwestUteFan
09-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Which is fine, I guess. But being an NFL linebacker is 1,000 times cooler and at least 100 times more noble.
I don't disagree, but he can be Gordon Gecko for 30+ years, whereas he could only be an NFL LB for 3-7.

LA Ute
09-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Since you were referring to the post about the snapchat, I assumed you were referring to that.

No, I was referring to the entire story. Of course he's innocent until proven guilty.

SeattleUte
09-15-2016, 03:14 PM
No, I was referring to the entire story. Of course he's innocent until proven guilty.

I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-15-2016, 07:55 PM

Apparently if he played for Utah, he would never be guilty! I'm so happy none of our guys ever face justice.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/27a30673f79dea47554a0147a9c8234f.jpg

Diehard Ute
09-15-2016, 08:23 PM
Apparently if he played for Utah, he would never be guilty! I'm so happy none of our guys ever face justice.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/27a30673f79dea47554a0147a9c8234f.jpg

Which is strange, because he made his $250,000 bail far faster than Hatfield made his. (Which I believe was much lower, and Masina bailed out an hour or two ago)

Of course if they're referring to CBB, his charges weren't eligible for booking under current SL County Jail Booking restrictions.

Utah
09-15-2016, 09:53 PM
Which is strange, because he made his $250,000 bail far faster than Hatfield made his. (Which I believe was much lower, and Masina bailed out an hour or two ago)

Of course if they're referring to CBB, his charges weren't eligible for booking under current SL County Jail Booking restrictions.

BYU fans, or a lot of the BYU fans that post over there, are some of the most disgusting, stupid people to walk the face of the earth.

SeattleUte
09-17-2016, 05:10 PM
HFN, what is wrong with your coach going for 2 every time? That's so obnoxious.

UBlender
09-17-2016, 06:06 PM
I think Colorado is very good this year. If not for Liufau's injury they may or may not win that game but they certainly keep it very close until the end. (I was flipping between 3-4 very good games and trying to keep my children entertained during that time so I never heard what was the deal with his injury--was anything reported?)

Oregon State looks a little improved, enough to be dangerous. The Arizona schools have both regressed but are still very dangerous. There are no off weeks in the PAC 12. However, there are also no dominant teams. It's only week 3 and we're already down to Stanford and Washington as the only teams* with a chance to be competitive for the playoff (and I just don't see it with either of them). I think the PAC 12 is looking at a bunch of teams between 7-9 wins with a couple at the top winning 10. It's a year of parity/mediocrity.

*I think Utah is good but I don't think we're "compete for the playoff" good.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Oregon's window I believe has closed. Hopefully they can in the next few years find a spark to create a new window.

Utah
09-17-2016, 07:52 PM
Oregon's window I believe has closed. Hopefully they can in the next few years find a spark to create a new window.

They can bring Chip back when he's fired after two 49er seasons.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-17-2016, 08:56 PM
They can bring Chip back when he's fired after two 49er seasons.

Then I would have a testimony of prayer working!

chrisrenrut
09-17-2016, 10:33 PM
Wow, Cal up on Texas 35-33, just before half time. That's a basketball type score.

chrisrenrut
09-17-2016, 11:48 PM
I've been going over during commercials. Seems like I see a td every time.

Then the third quarter is scoreless.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-19-2016, 03:59 PM
Devon Allen out for the year, torn ACL. The wheels are officially coming off.

mUUser
09-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Wow, Cal up on Texas 35-33, just before half time. That's a basketball type score.

Did you see where Jordan beat Taylorsville 91-83 a couple of weeks ago?

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-19-2016, 05:36 PM
Devon Allen out for the year, torn ACL. The wheels are officially coming off.

As well as Crosby. Bad weekend.

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-24-2016, 03:33 PM
The Beavers getting worked by the Broncos today.

Redbird
09-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Beavs showing some fight coming back.

CU looking fierce, up 23-7 in Eugene.

Impressive comeback for the Vols, from down 21-3 to up 24-21. They had two turnovers inside the UF 10, this could be a UT rout.

NorthwestUteFan
09-24-2016, 04:34 PM
No Sefo? No problem.

Colorado up 23-7 over the Ducks.

NorthwestUteFan
09-24-2016, 05:15 PM
I wish we could swap boise for osu in the Pac 12.
For football, yes.

For everything else, hell no.

Redbird
09-24-2016, 05:21 PM
For football, yes.

For everything else, hell no.

with all due respect to Oregon St, where are they superior to Boise? Corvallis is gorgeous, but they aren't much to write home about academically, and they don't have a whole lot going on athletically.

LA Ute
09-24-2016, 06:17 PM
No Sefo? No problem.

Colorado up 23-7 over the Ducks.

Bad news for two reasons. First, and most important, I'm out of the survivor pool (but I'll have lots of company). Second, CU might be decent this season. We always seem to struggle against the Buffs in that final game of the season.

wally
09-24-2016, 06:54 PM
Ducks are winning now.

Buffs have looked good all year. They are putting up a lot of points. Don't worry, though. I'm going to the game in Boulder. Utah will win for me.

You damn well better remember the lucky button!

hostile
09-24-2016, 07:06 PM
Driving for the win Prukop throws a pick in the endzone. CU should get the victory.

NorthwestUteFan
09-24-2016, 07:58 PM
with all due respect to Oregon St, where are they superior to Boise? Corvallis is gorgeous, but they aren't much to write home about academically, and they don't have a whole lot going on athletically.
And yet they are miles ahead of Boise in both measurements.

LA Ute
09-24-2016, 08:48 PM
Ducks are winning now.

Buffs have looked good all year. They are putting up a lot of points. Don't worry, though. I'm going to the game in Boulder. Utah will win for me.

South is wide open!

OK, Sancho. We're now depending on you. It'd be a shame if something went wrong and we had to hold you accountable. Probably a good idea for your lucky button and you to keep that in mind.

NorthwestUteFan
09-24-2016, 08:59 PM
Arizona is just gashing Washington's Defense. Scary.

NorthwestUteFan
09-24-2016, 10:54 PM
Boise is a very good truck driving school. And most of their school budget goes into football.

SeattleUte
09-24-2016, 11:00 PM
Uh? Boise is so so far ahead of Oregon St in football that even being worse in other sports, they are still light years ahead of OSU athletically.

Maybe you are right about academics. Who knows or cares?

Shut the fuck up. Oregon State had a top five finish, won the Pac 10, and beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl (41-9) as recently as 2001. And they had to play real teams for an entire season, unlike those Boise teams ever have had to do. And academics does matter. Does Boise even have graduate programs? Oregon State has a solid basketball tradition. Go back more than 15 years and it has a better history than the Ducks.

I think it's extremely déclassé and ingracious and lacking in self-awareness for Ute fans to be throwing stones at schools outside California and Seattle. Stop acting like a nouveau riche prick.

There's as much basis for wanting to trade Arizona State for Boise as Oregon State.

SeattleUte
09-24-2016, 11:04 PM
Oregon State also buried Boise the last time they played one another in a bowl, in 2013.

hostile
09-24-2016, 11:45 PM
Oregon State also buried Boise the last time they played one another in a bowl, in 2013.
Also, winning the CWS x 2 has to count for something.

mUUser
09-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Wow. I had no idea my BSU/OSU comment would hit such a nerve.......

LOL, even with over 6,000 posts you're not really a valuable contributor to the board until the smartest guy in the room has descended from his lofty perch to dress you down. Cheer up, you've finally arrived!

PS. He's right. As a whole BSU can't hold OSU's jockstrap or pocket calculator.

Viking
09-25-2016, 01:25 PM
Shut the fuck up. Oregon State had a top five finish, won the Pac 10, and beat Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl (41-9) as recently as 2001. And they had to play real teams for an entire season, unlike those Boise teams ever have had to do. And academics does matter. Does Boise even have graduate programs? Oregon State has a solid basketball tradition. Go back more than 15 years and it has a better history than the Ducks.

I think it's extremely déclassé and ingracious and lacking in self-awareness for Ute fans to be throwing stones at schools outside California and Seattle. Stop acting like a nouveau riche prick.

There's as much basis for wanting to trade Arizona State for Boise as Oregon State.

I agree!!!

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-27-2016, 04:17 PM
I don't know why come Monday or Tuesday my mind starts to think that things might not be as bad as they are and that Oregon has a good chance to win on Saturday. Falk could throw for 700+ on Saturday night.

Applejack
09-27-2016, 04:19 PM
I don't know why come Monday or Tuesday my mind starts to think that things might not be as bad as they are and that Oregon has a good chance to win on Saturday. Falk could throw for 700+ on Saturday night.

I like the ducks this week. They should play with a Chip on their shoulder (too soon?) and Wazzu has a way of making you believe they have turned a corner before crapping the bed.

Viking
09-27-2016, 04:52 PM
After removing the life blood thread of this site, why not ban all reference to you-know-what?

NorthwestUteFan
09-27-2016, 05:09 PM
After removing the life blood thread of this site, why not ban all reference to you-know-what?
???

This is a PAC-12 thread on a PAC-12 teams fan site. What is this life blood of which you speak?

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-27-2016, 05:39 PM
I like the ducks this week. They should play with a Chip on their shoulder (too soon?) and Wazzu has a way of making you believe they have turned a corner before crapping the bed.

Not too soon, now it is a statement filled with hope! Lose 49ers lose!

Viking
09-28-2016, 06:14 AM
???

This is a PAC-12 thread on a PAC-12 teams fan site. What is this life blood of which you speak?

This is simply too awesome.

You all can't help yourselves--despite DD's pleas--in your B-Y-U obsession so what's the response? Delete the thread.

This is too good to be true.

And with that, adieu. My work here is done.

NorthwestUteFan
09-28-2016, 11:51 AM
Good point. BYU doesn't matter outside of central Utah, so we really should let them go by the wayside.

SeattleUte
09-30-2016, 07:13 PM
We should all want the Huskies to beat Stanford because we get the Huskies at home and don't play Stanford. That Utah-Washington game could be a big one.

LA Ute
09-30-2016, 07:48 PM
We should all want the Huskies to beat Stanford because we get the Huskies at home and don't play Stanford. That Utah-Washington game could be a big one.

So far the Huskies are having their way.

SeattleUte
09-30-2016, 07:59 PM
So far the Huskies are having their way.

Chris Peterson. We know he can coach. Right?

justaute
09-30-2016, 08:01 PM

Most of us knew. A couple, or one, on here/UFN said he couldn't coach.

NorthwestUteFan
09-30-2016, 08:05 PM
Everything is coming up Husky. They look amazing so far.

LA Ute
09-30-2016, 08:06 PM

Most of us knew it was only a matter of time.

NorthwestUteFan
09-30-2016, 08:07 PM
Most of us knew it was only a matter of time.
Even this year they are extremely young. They have to be the odds-on favorite next year.

LA Ute
09-30-2016, 08:08 PM
Peterson is likeable and admirable too. All the PAC-12 coaches are except the two Arizona guys, Rich-Rod and Graham.

justaute
09-30-2016, 08:25 PM
Wow...that Washington d-line. 5 sacks in the 1st half? Stanford might not be as good as expected, but it ain't no San Jose State.

NorthwestUteFan
09-30-2016, 08:49 PM
5 sacks in 15 drop backs. That is a domination.

LA Ute
09-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Looked to me like Stanford had quit even before that last touchdown that put the Huskies up to 30.

SeattleUte
09-30-2016, 09:24 PM
Wow...that Washington d-line. 5 sacks in the 1st half? Stanford might not be as good as expected, but it ain't no San Jose State.

Well, this is like our game vs. Oregon last year.

Ma'ake
09-30-2016, 10:18 PM
Well, this is like our game vs. Oregon last year.

Hopefully like ours, this is the apex of UW's offensive prowess. Stanford looks really, really bad. It's one of those games, but really, guys?

SeattleUte
09-30-2016, 10:19 PM
Hopefully like ours, this is the apex of UW's offensive prowess. Stanford looks really, really bad. It's one of those games, but really, guys?

Stanford is too one-dimensional. All those players keying on McCafree and gang tackling him is scary to watch. I'm afraid he wont' last the season.

UTEopia
10-01-2016, 10:15 AM
Did not see that coming.

Ma'ake
10-01-2016, 10:55 AM
Stanford is too one-dimensional. All those players keying on McCafree and gang tackling him is scary to watch. I'm afraid he wont' last the season.

Totally agree. I hope our OL & pound-it-out run game, along with Troy Williams' arm and much improved receivers are the combination that helps us avoid getting made one dimensional. Move the chains, keep the other offense off the field.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-05-2016, 05:24 PM
I'm preparing myself to embrace this dead feeling inside, after Saturday it could last a long time. All of Duckdom's hopes and dreams are pinned to an 18 year old from Eugene, he can become the biggest legend or a sad footnote Saturday night.

NorthwestUteFan
10-05-2016, 05:46 PM
He is a big and strong kid. He is a 2-star, but I think that is because he broke his leg as a JR and it messed up recruiting. Just like Luke Falk.

Cheer up Duckaroo, brighter days are a-coming your way!

And Oregon might fire a HC for the first time in 40 years. Don't you want to compete in the Tom Herman sweepstakes?

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-05-2016, 05:55 PM
He is a big and strong kid. He is a 2-star, but I think that is because he broke his leg as a JR and it messed up recruiting. Just like Luke Falk.

Cheer up Duckaroo, brighter days are a-coming your way!

And Oregon might fire a HC for the first time in 40 years. Don't you want to compete in the Tom Herman sweepstakes?

He goes to the HS my kids will go to, I know the family and his little brother is probably a better athlete. Once Oregon offered according to his dad Urban started contacting, but the kids dream was to play at Oregon.

I don't think Oregon has a shot at Herman, if Texas and SC are in the running nobody would choose Oregon over them for a coaching gig. I think Les Miles could maybe be a candidate, but to an Oregon fan base built on offense dating back to their start of being relevant in the late 80s would they accept a defensive HC? Would Les be willing to have someone run the "Oregon" offense while running his defense? Also while I'm tepid at best on Helf, I'm always worried that firing a coach when you have no idea what you will end up with is the best idea. I just pray every night that this season doesn't give Uncle Phil a heart attack.

NorthwestUteFan
10-05-2016, 10:11 PM
I hope and pray that LSU will be blessed with an abundance of 4-win seasons and multiple embarrassing losses as payback for firing Les Miles.

SeattleUte
10-06-2016, 11:51 AM
I'm scared Oregon is going to upset Washington. Oregon has been beat down and humiliated so far this season but it’s got as much talent as Washington. Washington has a great coach, but he’s never coached in a rivalry like this as the favorite. We know what that's like. It’s a whole different experience, like an NBA 7th game. The game is in Eugene, and Oregon can save its season. How can Washington not let down after that Stanford game, which frankly I fear was somewhat of a fluke. Remember Washington let Arizona take it into overtime. I hate to say this because I’m a Husky fan and hate the Ducks, but I have a bad feeling about this game.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-06-2016, 11:52 AM
I'm scared Oregon is going to upset Washington. Oregon has been beat down and humiliated so far this season but it’s got as much talent as Washington. Washington has a great coach, but he’s never coached in a rivalry like this as the favorite. We know what that's like. It’s a whole different experience, like an NBA 7th game. The game is in Eugene, and Oregon can save its season. How can Washington not let down after that Stanford game, which frankly I fear was somewhat of a fluke. Remember Washington let Arizona take it into overtime. I hate to say this because I’m a Husky fan and hate the Ducks, but I have a bad feeling about this game.

I'm not going to allow you to reel me in.

SeattleUte
10-06-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm not going to allow you to reel me in.

This game reminds me of Utah vs. BYU 2005.

SeattleUte
10-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Oregon still plays cocksure as when it was dominant. Guess what Oregon, you suck. You need to kick single extra points. Take the field goal. Punt. Not throw crazy bombs on fourth and 8.

Applejack
10-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Washington d is legit.

justaute
10-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Browning sure is impressive. Hell...the entire team is just impressive. And, it all starts with Petersen, even though it's only his 3rd year -- certainly kicked Utah's a$$ at BSU.

justaute
10-08-2016, 07:52 PM
The Oregon QB appears to be pretty decent.

SoCalPat
10-09-2016, 09:14 AM
The south:

Utah, ASU, and CU at 2-1
USC 2-2
UCLA 1-2
Arizona 0-3

Yay! We're in first place as we have the tiebreaker by virtue of beating USC.

If we can get to 7-1 leading into Washington, think that merits another Gameday appearance?

UTEopia
10-09-2016, 09:17 AM
Yay! We're in first place as we have the tiebreaker by virtue of beating USC.

If we can get to 7-1 leading into Washington, think that merits another Gameday appearance?

I don't know if we will have enough healthy players left to field a team by then.

Dwight Schr-Ute
10-09-2016, 02:35 PM
I was wondering the same thing last night. I just checked the schedule. Clemson/FSU is that week, and Wisconsin/Nebraska. No other games involve two currently ranked teams. I think an 8-0 UW @ 7-1 Utah would have a decent shot. Root against FSU for the next few weeks.

LOL. As if anyone here doesn't root against FSU every week.

SoCalPat
10-11-2016, 06:30 PM
I was wondering the same thing last night. I just checked the schedule. Clemson/FSU is that week, and Wisconsin/Nebraska. No other games involve two currently ranked teams. I think an 8-0 UW @ 7-1 Utah would have a decent shot. Root against FSU for the next few weeks.

You can scratch Wisconsin-Nebraska. Game's in Madison, and Gameday ain't going there 2 times in three weeks (it's there this week for Ohio State-Wisconsin).

There's a good case for Clemson-FSU, as Gameday hasn't been to Tallahassee since 2014, and was in SLC last year. But let's face facts -- unlike last year, when we were on top of the marquee -- Washington is the draw. And UW hasn't been part of a Gameday as host or visitor since 2013 (at No. 2 Oregon). That ended a decade-long absence from GameDay, and their resurgence is arguably one of the three biggest stories in CFB this year.

I would say 7-1 Utah/8-0 Washington would have more than a decent shot at being selected -- it would be a mortal lock. Unless there's some SEC game that's gonna determine if someone's bowl eligible.

U-Ute
10-12-2016, 02:00 PM
Wazzu is 0-5 on FG's this year.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/265/washington-state-cougars

I wonder if Leach will just start going for it on 4th down like Urban did a few years ago.

U-Ute
10-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Wilner Pac-12 power ratings:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/12/college-hotline-pac-12-football-power-ratings/

WTF? "Vacant"?

What kind of demented devilry is this?

SoCalPat
10-12-2016, 02:43 PM
That's good stuff. Thanks.

I made a mistake when I said 8-0 UW vs 7-1 Utah. The Huskies have a bye, so it would be a 7-0 vs 7-1 game.

Gotta get it done twice on the road first!

More ammo for Gameday in SLC on Oct. 29. I thought maybe Gameday would hold out for the Apple Cup in Pullman. It can kill two birds with one stone (UW resurgence, Wazzu's flag contribution to Gameday), but that game's on a Friday.

LA Ute
10-13-2016, 07:04 AM
Why Chris Petersen made QB Jake Browning do 500 push-ups at practice

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/104910/an-iconic-oregon-washington-moment-the-point-uw-coaches-hated-it-teammates-loved-it

This reminds me of John Wooden. When all is said and done, Chris Peterson is going to be remembered as one of the great PAC-12 coaches.

The moment that led to those 500 push-ups:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161013/b4578964922baa4ed92422535ed836d2.jpg

LA Ute
10-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Well, at least we are only 10th in the conference academically (according to the Wall Street Journal).

If College Football’s Rankings Were Based on Academics...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/college-rankings-football-vs-academics-1476293728?mod=e2fb

UBlender
10-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Why Chris Petersen made QB Jake Browning do 500 push-ups at practice

http://www.espn.com/blog/pac12/post/_/id/104910/an-iconic-oregon-washington-moment-the-point-uw-coaches-hated-it-teammates-loved-it

This reminds me of John Wooden. When all is said and done, Chris Peterson is going to be remembered as one of the great PAC-12 coaches.

The moment that led to those 500 push-ups:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161013/b4578964922baa4ed92422535ed836d2.jpg

Do we assume Chris Peterson is pretty well entrenched at UW just because he stayed at Boise so long while constantly being in high demand? I'm just wondering because I never hear his name mentioned when people speculate about schools with openings (or soon-to-be openings) like LSU and Texas. If I'm LSU I throw everything I can at Peterson. Would he take it? Or would he rather take his inevitable raise and stay at UW?

Applejack
10-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Do we assume Chris Peterson is pretty well entrenched at UW just because he stayed at Boise so long while constantly being in high demand? I'm just wondering because I never hear his name mentioned when people speculate about schools with openings (or soon-to-be openings) like LSU and Texas. If I'm LSU I throw everything I can at Peterson. Would he take it? Or would he rather take his inevitable raise and stay at UW?

UW is a pretty cushy gig. You can win a lot if you can beat Stanford and the Ducks, and it's a fertile recruiting locale. I'd need a lot of money to leave Seattle for Baton Rouge.

Applejack
10-16-2016, 07:52 AM
Wazzu is real. The north is stacked. And the buffs? Wtf? I hope we have our 7th string center by the time we play them.

Utah
10-16-2016, 10:23 AM
Colorado is much improved. They look good. BUT, why do we forget how they looked vs two teams that we are just as good as, if not better than:

Michigan
USC

Colorado lost both games.

Can Colorado beat us? Yup.

We should win that game. We are better than they are. The Colorado game will be like it always is: one score game.

I like our chances in those games. Our defense and coaching and Troy Williams.

We will beat Washington and Colorado.

Utah
10-16-2016, 10:24 AM
Wazzu is real. The north is stacked. And the buffs? Wtf? I hope we have our 7th string center by the time we play them.

I'm glad we don't play WSU. They match up too well vs us. They are to us as we are to Stanford.

UBlender
10-16-2016, 10:39 AM
I'm glad we don't play WSU. They match up too well vs us. They are to us as we are to Stanford.

For several years, Utah's defensive weakness was against the spread option, especially the RPOs. Utah has now figured that out for the most part and now our nemesis is the Air Raid/Bear Raid offense. Next year we'll get Wazzu back on the schedule but won't play Cal.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-18-2016, 05:42 PM
The sun still has not risen in Eugene. It may never again.

SeattleUte
10-19-2016, 11:02 AM
The Beavs are -37 vs. the Huskies. If I were a better I'd take the points and bet the farm.

concerned
10-19-2016, 11:16 AM
The Beavs are -37 vs. the Huskies. If I were a better I'd take the points and bet the farm.

who is their qb this week? I am surprised there is even a line for that game.

SeattleUte
10-19-2016, 11:59 AM
who is their qb this week? I am surprised there is even a line for that game.

I think the one who threw that second touchdown against us.

Utah
10-19-2016, 12:39 PM
Sounds like Rosen is playing.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-21-2016, 03:47 PM
The sun has still not come out in Eugene. After tonight, I expect it may disappear until March Madness.

chrisrenrut
10-21-2016, 03:49 PM
The sun has still not come out in Eugene. After tonight, I expect it may disappear until March Madness.

Such a bizarro season. Going into November, I expect we'll beat the Ducks and lose to the Buffalos. When was the last time that was even possible?

NorthwestUteFan
10-21-2016, 05:27 PM
There is always basketball, right?

chrisrenrut
10-21-2016, 08:38 PM
Pathetic crowd at Cal for this game tonight. Less than half full at kick off.

Utah
10-21-2016, 09:11 PM
If Cal can win out, they'd have a great shot to win the North. So, we should all be Cal fans and hope they win out.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-22-2016, 08:49 AM
I feel like the Oregon offense was doing alright this season until they made the qb change.

Prukup wasn't impressing anyone and wasn't going to do anything special, but changing to the freshman was an attempt at smoke screen. That way any progress the rest of the way can be pointed as "look we were young, playing a true freshman QB. Made some strides as the year progressed". Never mind that the defense is ranked something like 125 in the country.

Over the next 5 weeks the only teams that I care about winning, and hopefully by very wide margins, are in this order
Go Bucs! Go Jameis!
Go Saints!
Go Cards!
Go Patriots!
Go Dolphins!

Applejack
10-22-2016, 01:49 PM
C'mon Stanford! Beat the Buffs! Right, Sancho?

DrumNFeather
10-22-2016, 04:05 PM
Buffs win...bowl eligible for the first time since 2007. Alright guys, go back to being average.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

SeattleUte
10-24-2016, 10:47 PM

I trust everyone here made piles of money off this advice. I'm glad to help. Unfortunately, I don't have a farm and I don't bet against my teams.

SoCalPat
10-26-2016, 08:49 AM
If Cal can win out, they'd have a great shot to win the North. So, we should all be Cal fans and hope they win out.

Excellent point. We'd be the best one-loss team possible, as we avenged the narrowest of road losses with a (presumably) more decisive win. In effect, we would have cleaned out the division, to use a boxing metaphor. It's the next best thing to going undefeated.

The next best outcome would to defeat a ranked Wazzu. I want no part of a rematch against UW on a neutral field.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Still no sun in Eugene.

Utah
10-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Excellent point. We'd be the best one-loss team possible, as we avenged the narrowest of road losses with a (presumably) more decisive win. In effect, we would have cleaned out the division, to use a boxing metaphor. It's the next best thing to going undefeated.

The next best outcome would to defeat a ranked Wazzu. I want no part of a rematch against UW on a neutral field.

Here is something crazy to think about:

We know so little about Washington. They have looked amazing so far...vs terrible teams.

They could blow us out this weekend. Or we could blow them out.

Hell, with Utah, USC, Cal, WSU and ASU left on their schedule, they could finish the season 0-5...or 5-0.

College football...it's all guesswork. Ha ha.

OrangeUte
10-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Arizona state is wearing absolutely awful helmets. Some kind of homage to copper.

U-Ute
10-30-2016, 08:43 AM
But the Halloween Beavers look sweet.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/c43c0c1d2be9519a68f9fb5c161002a7.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/14a49c5048672080d2f81071e027b0a1.jpg

NorthwestUteFan
10-31-2016, 07:22 AM

That is a fantastic look. They even blacked out the field logo. That is a serious level of dedication.

DrumNFeather
10-31-2016, 08:43 AM
Thursday night will be a big night for the South/Our chances at winning it. UCLA travels to Colorado...and I have to say, It's hard for me to imagine CU goes from worst to a 1 loss team heading into the showdown with us in a few weeks. I feel like they've got a stumble ahead of them, and when you look at their schedule, vs. a talented but underachieving UCLA team, @Arizona (we know how that went for us last year) and vs. WSU...those are all pretty decent opportunities for them to lose.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
10-31-2016, 04:21 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/c43c0c1d2be9519a68f9fb5c161002a7.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161030/14a49c5048672080d2f81071e027b0a1.jpg

pretty awesome that someone was able to convince OSU that celebrating the fact they haven't won the Rose Bowl in 75 years was a great idea!

Applejack
11-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Two huge games this week while we eat brats and relax: Oregon @ USC and UCLA @ Colorado. They should both be wins for the PAC teams that are competing with us for first in the south, but Oregon and UCLA have the talent to pull off the upset. Go DUCKS and BRUINS.

Utah
11-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Someone posted this on another site, but we have to win out to win the south.

Even Colorado loses, they'd have two losses and the winner of the Utah/Colorado game wins the south.

Scratch
11-03-2016, 09:45 AM
Someone posted this on another site, but we have to win out to win the south.

Even Colorado loses, they'd have two losses and the winner of the Utah/Colorado game wins the south.

Unless Colorado loses two, then beats us, and USC loses another one.

SeattleUte
11-03-2016, 09:58 AM
Two huge games this week while we eat brats and relax: Oregon @ USC and UCLA @ Colorado. They should both be wins for the PAC teams that are competing with us for first in the south, but Oregon and UCLA have the talent to pull off the upset. Go DUCKS and BRUINS.

It doesn't matter. Utah has to win out except for the highly unlikely scenario that Scratch has identified. Right now everybody is charmed by Colorado's return to the national stage, and there's a case to be made that Utah will be better off beating a Colorado that is everybody's darling than a lightly regarded Colorado. I don't care who wins those games. It doesn't matter to Utah. Let's just go win the next four. The Utes can do it, especially after getting some injured players back and regrouping.

concerned
11-03-2016, 10:08 AM
It doesn't matter. Utah has to win out except for the highly unlikely scenario that Scratch has identified. Right now everybody is charmed by Colorado's return to the national stage, and there's a case to be made that Utah will be better off beating a Colorado that is everybody's darling that a lightly regarded Colorado. I don't care who wins those games. It doesn't matter to Utah. Let's just go win the next four. The Utes can do it, especially after getting some injured players back and regrouping.

USC-UW is gong to be a great game. Darnold has really made them a much better team. the UW db's on JuJu and Adoree Jackson will be fun to watch.

pangloss
11-03-2016, 10:34 AM
USC-UW is gong to be a great game. Darnold has really made them a much better team. the UW db's on JuJu and Adoree Jackson will be fun to watch. Spot-on. USC's defense againt Browning & Wash's passing ought to be fun too. The Trojan's D has been good since Utah averaging 18.8 ppg while the O has scored 38.8
I expect them to dismantle Oregon this week. The Ducks might not be bowl eligible this year - first to worst, Helfrich is in trouble I imagine.

SeattleUte
11-03-2016, 10:41 AM
The Trojans of course have the most talent, as they do every year. And it actually helps the Utes if their stock keeps rising, since the Utes have to win out anyway. USC is our Alabama, and my fear is that it's only a matter of time before USC gets an elite coach again, and then ...

HuskyFreeNorthwest
11-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Spot-on. USC's defense againt Browning & Wash's passing ought to be fun too. The Trojan's D has been good since Utah averaging 18.8 ppg while the O has scored 38.8
I expect them to dismantle Oregon this week. The Ducks might not be bowl eligible this year - first to worst, Helfrich is in trouble I imagine.

Helfrich is safe this year barring something wildly improbably happening. Playing the Frosh QB and showing signs of life has bought him time. He will enter next season with some firm expectations that will determine his future at Oregon however.

Diehard Ute
11-03-2016, 11:12 AM
Helfrich is safe this year barring something wildly improbably happening. Playing the Frosh QB and showing signs of life has bought him time. He will enter next season with some firm expectations that will determine his future at Oregon however.

I'm sure his ridiculously high buyout doesn't hurt either.

Utah
11-03-2016, 11:26 AM
USC doesn't need a great coach. There is so much talent there. They just need to do what Oete Carroll did...and Whitt does.

Play good ST, play great defense, run the ball.

All this hurry up, spread, air raid is just gimmicks when you can't physically compete.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
11-03-2016, 11:43 AM
USC doesn't need a great coach. There is so much talent there. They just need to do what Oete Carroll did...and Whitt does.

Play good ST, play great defense, run the ball.

All this hurry up, spread, air raid is just gimmicks when you can't physically compete.

This is a silly statement for a lot of reasons. 1. Pete was one of the 5 best coaches in CFB 2. Whit is a top 15 coach 3. Urban runs this "gimmick" and is the 2nd best coach in CFB 4. The best coach in CFB, maybe ever, Saban is even turning to the "gimmick"

Applejack
11-03-2016, 11:53 AM
This is a silly statement for a lot of reasons. 1. Pete was one of the 5 best coaches in CFB 2. Whit is a top 15 coach 3. Urban runs this "gimmick" and is the 2nd best coach in CFB 4. The best coach in CFB, maybe ever, Saban is even turning to the "gimmick"

Ah,damn.Don'tcalloutUtahonso-called-facts.

pangloss
11-03-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm sure his ridiculously high buyout doesn't hurt either.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I was curious about his buyout and found this, "If Helfrich leaves for another job before the contract's second year is up, he must pay $3 million to the university. If he leaves before years three or four are finished, it's $2 million. The figure drops to $1 million if he chooses to leave before the end of the fifth contract year." But that's the buyout if another school lures him away. I'm still looking for his guarantee

That's a lot, but it isn't ridiculous. The $7M Florida paid to get McElwain out of Colorado State was ridiculous. That one's still hard to comprehend.

Utah
11-03-2016, 12:30 PM

Yeah, Urban run a gimmicky offense. The difference between his offense and Pete Carroll's is that Urban does it from the shotgun. It's the same power run concepts, just different looks.

Football is simple. Run the ball, play good defense, don't turn it over. That's what great teams do.

Even Chip Kelly at Oregon. His offense is extremely gimmicky. It's why he struggles in the NFL so much.

Kelly was at Oregon, which is a tough place to recruit to. It's hard to get OL/DL there. So, what did Kelly do?

Run the uptempo to allow his smaller OL to tire out the DL and get the ball to the edges quickly for the same reasons.

This allowed him to run the ball effectively vs bigger defenses and took the OL out of his offense.

It was a gimmick to cover Oregon's weaknesses. But his goals were the same: Don't turn the ball over and run it. He sacrificed defense to help him run the ball better.

concerned
11-03-2016, 12:33 PM
I was curious about his buyout and found this, "If Helfrich leaves for another job before the contract's second year is up, he must pay $3 million to the university. If he leaves before years three or four are finished, it's $2 million. The figure drops to $1 million if he chooses to leave before the end of the fifth contract year." But that's the buyout if another school lures him away. I'm still looking for his guarantee

That's a lot, but it isn't ridiculous. The $7M Florida paid to get McElwain out of Colorado State was ridiculous. That one's still hard to comprehend.

I thought I read somewhere he gets $11 million if fired this year.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
11-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Yeah, Urban run a gimmicky offense. The difference between his offense and Pete Carroll's is that Urban does it from the shotgun. It's the same power run concepts, just different looks.

Football is simple. Run the ball, play good defense, don't turn it over. That's what great teams do.

Even Chip Kelly at Oregon. His offense is extremely gimmicky. It's why he struggles in the NFL so much.

Kelly was at Oregon, which is a tough place to recruit to. It's hard to get OL/DL there. So, what did Kelly do?

Run the uptempo to allow his smaller OL to tire out the DL and get the ball to the edges quickly for the same reasons.

This allowed him to run the ball effectively vs bigger defenses and took the OL out of his offense.

It was a gimmick to cover Oregon's weaknesses. But his goals were the same: Don't turn the ball over and run it. He sacrificed defense to help him run the ball better.

You never watched Oregon with Chip, it was a power run between the tackle offense. Ask harbaugh how he handled it. How many Chip Oregon era OL are in the NFL now?

HuskyFreeNorthwest
11-03-2016, 01:29 PM
I was curious about his buyout and found this, "If Helfrich leaves for another job before the contract's second year is up, he must pay $3 million to the university. If he leaves before years three or four are finished, it's $2 million. The figure drops to $1 million if he chooses to leave before the end of the fifth contract year." But that's the buyout if another school lures him away. I'm still looking for his guarantee

Great website for coach contract info

https://hkm.com/football/

Diehard Ute
11-03-2016, 01:37 PM

It's $11 Million if they can him.

$11 Million to fire someone is ridiculous.

SeattleUte
11-03-2016, 01:47 PM
It's $11 Million if they can him.

$11 Million to fire someone is ridiculous.

A deal's a deal. That's what makes America great.

SeattleUte
11-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Also, aside from the contract, which Helfrich has every right to enforce, he did take them to the brink of a national championship. In another epoch, Oregon would have been the national champion. Oregon beat the only undefeated, defending champion, and no. 1 ranked team, and Ohio State would never have gotten a crack at Oregon. After beating FSU, Oregon would have been voted no. 1.

concerned
11-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Also, aside from the contract, which Helfrich has every right to enforce, he did take them to the brink of a national championship. In another epoch, Oregon would have been the national champion. Oregon beat the only undefeated, defending champion, and no. 1 ranked team, and Ohio State would never have gotten a crack at Oregon. After beating FSU, Oregon would have been voted no. 1.

Les Miles won 2 national championships and competed for others, and never had a season like Oregon's this year. Didn't help him. And Helfrich doesn't have to coach against Saban.

SeattleUte
11-03-2016, 02:09 PM
Les Miles won 2 national championships and competed for others, and never had a season like Oregon's this year. Didn't help him. And Helfrich doesn't have to coach against Saban.

He had one, in 2007. But I disagree with what LSU did; nor do I think Helfrich won't be fired or should never be fired.

Looking up Miles, it's interesting that in 2007 LSU won the title with 2 losses, and now everybody says 2 losses is automatically too many to qualify for the Final Four.

Diehard Ute
11-03-2016, 02:11 PM
A deal's a deal. That's what makes America great.

Doesn't make it any less asinine.

hostile
11-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Nice opening drive by the Bruins. -20 yards.

mpfunk
11-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Our Duck friend is right. Silly statement.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

justaute
11-03-2016, 08:36 PM
UCLA cannot move the ball against the Buffs.

LA Ute
11-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Go Bruins! We want them to beat CU for us.

Rocker Ute
11-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Both teams look bad in this CU/UCLA matchup. I think Utah is going to give CU fits.

Rocker Ute
11-03-2016, 09:49 PM
Also I hate UCLA.

SeattleUte
11-03-2016, 10:11 PM
Win or lose the mystique is off the buffs, everybody's darling.

hostile
11-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Win or lose the mystique is off the buffs, everybody's darling.
Yeah. I'm feeling a bit better about our last game.

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-03-2016, 10:14 PM
This game is almost unwatchable.

Mormon Red Death
11-04-2016, 05:06 AM
here are the remaining conf schedules (usc plays ND thanksgiving)

Colorado 1 conference loss to usc
@Arizona
wazzu
Utah

USC 2 conf losses to Utah & Stanford
Oregon
@wash
@ucla

Utah (losses to Cal and wash)
@asu
Oregon
@Colorado

Colorado and Utah control their own destiny. win out and they are in.

if there was a 3 way tie (usc wins out and Colo beats Utah but loses to Arizona and wazzu) then Utah would win the tiebreaker

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

LA Ute
11-04-2016, 06:54 AM
here are the remaining conf schedules (usc plays ND thanksgiving)

Colorado 1 conference loss to usc
@Arizona
wazzu
Utah

USC 2 conf losses to Utah & Stanford
Oregon
@wash
@ucla

Utah (losses to Cal and wash)
@asu
Oregon
@Colorado

Colorado and Utah control their own destiny. win out and they are in.

if there was a 3 way tie (usc wins out and Colo beats Utah but loses to Arizona and wazzu) then Utah would win the tiebreaker

Go Wazzu! Go Huskies!

HuskyFreeNorthwest
11-04-2016, 08:45 AM
Go Huskies!

That's the most disgusting thing on the internet.

Applejack
11-04-2016, 09:17 AM
Last night pretty much means we have to win out. There are other ways to win the South, but it's looking more and more like we need to beat ASU, Oregon, and Colorado. Buckle up boys.

LA Ute
11-04-2016, 10:32 AM

I want them to beat USC. Is that such a bad thing?

LA Ute
11-04-2016, 10:34 AM
Last night pretty much means we have to win out. There are other ways to win the South, but it's looking more and more like we need to beat ASU, Oregon, and Colorado. Buckle up boys.

We should cheer for Wazzu against Colorado. But you're right.

Utah
11-04-2016, 11:58 AM
With all the PAC-12 coaches on the hot seat, how big of a raise does Kyle get this spring when he wins the PAC-12? Over 5 million per year?

SeattleUte
11-04-2016, 12:17 PM

I think Colorado will lose at least one of its next two games. Neither is a done deal at all.

Mormon Red Death
11-04-2016, 12:32 PM
I want them to beat USC. Is that such a bad thing?

do you want the rosebowl? easiest way is us winning the division and Wash going to the playoff.

LA Ute
11-04-2016, 12:35 PM
do you want the rosebowl? easiest way is us winning the division and Wash going to the playoff.

Wouldn't you welcome a USC loss? That helps us win the division. Am I missing something?

Mormon Red Death
11-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Wouldn't you welcome a Colorado loss, courtesy of a team we've already beaten? That helps us win the division. Am I missing something?

You said Washington not Wazzu. They are different. Yes we want Wazzu to win but at this point we want Washington to finish undefeated because if we make the conf champ game most likely win or lose we are in the rose bowl in that scenario.

Applejack
11-04-2016, 12:49 PM
We should cheer for Wazzu against Colorado. But you're right.

I think Colorado will lose at least one of its next two games. Neither is a done deal at all.

After last night's win, Colorado would have to lose to BOTH wazzu and Arizona for us to get the PacSouth belt even with a loss in Colorado (minus the three-way shenanigans that could still get us in). We definitely want Wazzu (and Arizona) to beat Colorado, but that is mostly academic at this point.

Ma'ake
11-04-2016, 12:56 PM

I was so pissed at Mora and the Bruins, last night. The Buffs were horrible, stunningly undisciplined, it was the perfect set up for UCLA to grab a win.

concerned
11-04-2016, 01:02 PM
I was so pissed at Mora and the Bruins, last night. The Buffs were horrible, stunningly undisciplined, it was the perfect set up for UCLA to grab a win.

To me it doesnt matter. If we dont beat the Buffs we dont deserve the Rose Bowl.

Ma'ake
11-04-2016, 01:05 PM
Buffs travel to Tucson next week.

What are the chances RichRod can rally the Cats to build toward next year?

Then the crazy pirate visits Boulder.

Hopefully the Buffs get softened up, and maybe our new KR, Fulks, can do his best to imitate Reggie Dunn.

concerned
11-04-2016, 01:07 PM

Hopefully the Buffs get softened up, and maybe our new KR, Fulks, can do his best to imitate Reggie Dunn.

I am really hoping Armand Shyne returns one or two for a TD. Love # 23.

Applejack
11-04-2016, 01:10 PM
i am really hoping armand shyne returns one or two for a td. Love # 23.

lol

Utah
11-04-2016, 02:21 PM

Itseemsletstryagain
It seems like RichRod wins a game every year he has no business winning. Oregon a couple years ago, Utah last year, etc. He hasn't had that win yet this year...

SeattleUte
11-04-2016, 02:59 PM
You said Washington not Wazzu. They are different. Yes we want Wazzu to win but at this point we want Washington to finish undefeated because if we make the conf champ game most likely win or lose we are in the rose bowl in that scenario.

It would matter if we lost one of the next two and won in Boulder. No?

Mormon Red Death
11-04-2016, 03:41 PM
It would matter if we lost one of the next two and won in Boulder. No?
let's say we lose to asu and beat Colorado and Oregon. We tie with Colo and usc if Colo loses to another one and usc loses one more. we would win the tiebreaker because of head to head matchups.

the only way we win the division with a loss to Colorado is if usc loses and we want that loss to be to Washington because if they go to the playoff the Rosebowl is open. we would win that tiebreaker because of our division record. in that scenario Colo would have two division losses (Arizona and usc) us and usc only would have one division loss and we win the tie with usc

SeattleUte
11-04-2016, 03:46 PM
let's say we lose to asu and beat Colorado and Oregon. We tie with Colo and usc if Colo loses to another one and usc loses one more. we would win the tiebreaker because of head to head matchups.

the only way we win the division with a loss to Colorado is if usc loses and we want that loss to be to Washington because if they go to the playoff the Rosebowl is open. we would win that tiebreaker because of our division record. in that scenario Colo would have two division losses (Arizona and usc) us and usc only would have one division loss and we win the tie with usc

Thanks.

I don't understand why AJ is assuming USC will beat Washington.

LA Ute
11-04-2016, 04:15 PM

I can't remember what I was trying to say. Posting on the fly. I agree with you.

Ma'ake
11-04-2016, 07:30 PM
I am really hoping Armand Shyne returns one or two for a TD. Love # 23.

I don't blame Mike Runge. He's pretty good, has the voice, is pretty polished, is part of the experience, by now. I really like how he announces the score when one team hasn't got on the scoreboard as "no score". Class.

But WHO is letting him struggle up there?

Does he have a spotter, or is he in some tiny between-the-walls-of-the-luxury-boxes crawl space, with a pair of binoculars and the microphone?

That kind of mistake is forgivable... for maybe the first half of the first game.

Maybe we need to start a movement to get Julian Blackmon's dad up there to help him out. It's got to be a joke among the team, by now.

SAVE MIKE RUNGE ! ! ! !

U-Ute
11-04-2016, 08:48 PM

You obviously haven't visited CougarBoard.

Diehard Ute
11-04-2016, 11:10 PM
I don't blame Mike Runge. He's pretty good, has the voice, is pretty polished, is part of the experience, by now. I really like how he announces the score when one team hasn't got on the scoreboard as "no score". Class.

But WHO is letting him struggle up there?

Does he have a spotter, or is he in some tiny between-the-walls-of-the-luxury-boxes crawl space, with a pair of binoculars and the microphone?

That kind of mistake is forgivable... for maybe the first half of the first game.

Maybe we need to start a movement to get Julian Blackmon's dad up there to help him out. It's got to be a joke among the team, by now.

SAVE MIKE RUNGE ! ! ! !

The U needs to have a transition in place. Runge is in his late 70's. The change is likely coming sooner rather than later.

LA Ute
11-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Just saw this video clip. I'm embarrassed for Cal's defenders.

https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Conference/videos/10154113700491801/

justaute
11-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Wow...what a play by Ross.

Of course, those Cal "defenders" did stop us at the one-yard line. :)

Just saw this video clip. I'm embarrassed for Cal's defenders.

https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Conference/videos/10154113700491801/

LA Ute
11-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Wow...what a play by Ross.

Of course, those Cal "defenders" did stop us at the one-yard line. :)

Yeah. I was talking about their secondary. Looks like they didn't eat their Wheaties yesterday.

justaute
11-12-2016, 06:57 PM
Darnold of SC is just a stud. He's picking apart UW's defense.

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-12-2016, 07:50 PM
Darnold of SC is just a stud. He's pick apart UW's defense.

He's going to be a pain in the ass for the next couple of years.

justaute
11-12-2016, 08:46 PM
Washington is finished.

hostile
11-12-2016, 10:29 PM
CU is making some great plays and AZ can't seem to do anything consistently right.

sancho
11-13-2016, 02:49 PM
There are 5 good teams in the Pac-12. I don't think there's much separation between them right now, but I would rank them in this order: USC, UW, WSU, CU, Utah.

I think Utah has the worst conference loss of the five. WSU has the worst loss overall. USC has been the most impressive lately.

Utah
11-13-2016, 05:55 PM
I'd rank them this way:

Group 1: Washington, Utah, USC

Group 2: WSU, Colorado

I'm this close to dropping Washington down a peg to group 2.

snafu
11-13-2016, 11:10 PM
River Cracraft tore an ACL - Bad news for WSU

U-Ute
11-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Sears decommitted from Duke and committed to USC.

:cry:

DrumNFeather
11-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Sears decommitted from Duke and committed to USC.

:cry:

Interesting...Darnold is there for 3 years at least right? So if you are Sears you are at the earliest playing as a RS Sophomore.

Scratch
11-14-2016, 10:50 AM
Interesting...Darnold is there for 3 years at least right? So if you are Sears you are at the earliest playing as a RS Sophomore.

Darnold only has to be there one more year. If Darnold leaves as early as possible then Sears would be a RS freshman.

sancho
11-15-2016, 09:11 AM
Wilner's power ratings. Utes land three on the all-conference injury team. He ranks the big 5 as CU, UW, WSU, USC, Utah.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/15/college-hotline-pac-12-all-injury-team-and-latest-power-ratings/

Comment: Victory this week would secure the Utes’ third consecutive season of at least nine wins. Number of Pac-12 teams that have matched or exceeded that feat currently: None.

Utah
11-15-2016, 09:34 AM
Wilner's power ratings. Utes land three on the all-conference injury team. He ranks the big 5 as CU, UW, WSU, USC, Utah.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/15/college-hotline-pac-12-all-injury-team-and-latest-power-ratings/

His power ratings are a joke. If we were Oregon or USC or Stanford (ie, had that brand), we'd be #2.

He'd write something about how if not for injuries we'd be undefeated or some garbage then state our case for the playoffs.

This is partly why I want a Rose Bowl almost more than the playoffs. We need to build that history and get that respect.

sancho
11-15-2016, 09:39 AM
His power ratings are a joke. If we were Oregon or USC or Stanford (ie, had that brand), we'd be #2.

Well, CU doesn't really have that brand either. I think reasonable people can disagree on how to rank the top 5. Just about any order is justifiable. The good news is that most of it will be settled on the field over the next three weeks. We have WSU @ CU, UW @ WSU, and Utah @ CU all before the conference title game.

sancho
11-16-2016, 08:41 AM
There are now 6 Pac-12 teams in the top 25. The committee has seemingly thrown all nuance out the window and is using a very simple algorithm to rank teams: group teams by number of losses and rank them in those groups according to number of top 25 victories. That 25/26 line is completely arbitrary and extremely important.

The Big 6 and their record vs other big 6 teams:

USC: 1-2, no more reg season games remaining
Utah: 1-1, one more to go
UW: 2-1, one to go
WSU: 1-0, two to go
CU: 1-1, two to go
Stanford: 1-3, no more

Utah, WSU, and USC will face 3 of the top 6 by the end of the regular season, and CU, Stanford, and UW will face 4.

sancho
11-16-2016, 08:44 AM
Wilner's bowl projections. Pretty much echoes what we discussed yesterday.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/16/college-hotline-pac-12-bowl-projections-plus-washingtons-playoff-chances-and-uscs-shot-at-the-new-years-six/

Comment: Not sure any team in the conference has a wider range of possible landing spots. Utes could win the title (Rose) or sneak into the NY6 (Cotton) or lose in Boulder and drop all the way to the Foster Farms and play in front of 20,000 in Levi’s Stadium.

LA Ute
11-16-2016, 02:32 PM
Wilner's bowl projections. Pretty much echoes what we discussed yesterday.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/11/16/college-hotline-pac-12-bowl-projections-plus-washingtons-playoff-chances-and-uscs-shot-at-the-new-years-six/

Why isn't that true of CU also?

sancho
11-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Why isn't that true of CU also?

If Utah loses in Boulder, we end up 1-2 vs top 25 teams.

CU can lose to Utah, beat WSU, and still end up 2-2 vs top 25 teams. In that scenario, CU still might not fall to the Foster Farms.

Plus, I think there is an assumption that bowl games will be excited to take the first bowl-eligible Buffs team in ages.

SeattleUte
11-16-2016, 03:33 PM
If Utah wins the Pac 12 title, it's possible it'll have three wins over top 10 teams--depending on how USC, Colorado, and Washington fare. It's possible that would be the best two-loss resume in the nation. It's clear which teams (besides Utah) we should be rooting for.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
11-16-2016, 03:42 PM

He'd write something about how if not for injuries we'd be undefeated or some garbage then state our case for the playoffs.

This is partly why I want a Rose Bowl almost more than the playoffs. We need to build that history and get that respect.

Lol I've seen everything now, people saying that Wilmer favors Oregon. The year they made the playoff he had them 5 or 6 in his last ballot before the bowls.

Rocker Ute
11-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Lol I've seen everything now, people saying that Wilmer favors Oregon. The year they made the playoff he had them 5 or 6 in his last ballot before the bowls.

Utah (the poster) is prone to... uh... 'puffery'.

DrumNFeather
11-17-2016, 08:28 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned here, but the AD at ASU said that Todd Graham will be back next year.

Utah
11-17-2016, 08:39 AM
Utah (the poster) is prone to... uh... 'puffery'.

It's true. I actually believed Utah could be really good the last two years while most posters here thought we'd struggle to make a bowl game. So...

Applejack
11-17-2016, 08:40 AM
Not sure if this has been mentioned here, but the AD at ASU said that Todd Graham will be back next year.

Hooray!!:jig:

Rocker Ute
11-17-2016, 09:33 AM
It's true. I actually believed Utah could be really good the last two years while most posters here thought we'd struggle to make a bowl game. So...

See, I'm not wrong.

concerned
11-17-2016, 09:37 AM

Wilner picked Utah ATS -14.

Oregon (plus-9.5) at Utah: The line has jumped to Utah -14, and that makes all the sense in the world. Utah is built to hammer the Ducks on a neutral field. But in Salt Lake City? Let’s just say 14 isn’t nearly enough. Pick: Utah.

And he added:

Five-star special: Utah. The last thing the Ducks need in their current state is Utah’s front seven, the Rice-Eccles frenzy and Joe Williams.

sancho
11-19-2016, 06:13 PM
Wilner picked Utah ATS -14.

Oregon (plus-9.5) at Utah: The line has jumped to Utah -14, and that makes all the sense in the world. Utah is built to hammer the Ducks on a neutral field. But in Salt Lake City? Let’s just say 14 isn’t nearly enough. Pick: Utah.

And he added:

Five-star special: Utah. The last thing the Ducks need in their current state is Utah’s front seven, the Rice-Eccles frenzy and Joe Williams.

I was amazed at the line and at all the media predictions. As many here realized, this was a classic trap game against a bad team with better talent. I guess it shouldn't be surprising that fans have a better pulse on their team than media do.

Anyway, I am going to pull for USC tonight in hopes that we have a chance to play spoiler next week. I think our odds vs CU are very low, but I would love to ruin the end of their special season.

sancho
11-19-2016, 06:18 PM
So assuming Oregon beats OSU next week to finish 5-7, is Helfrich in Eugene next season? I

SeattleUte
11-19-2016, 10:25 PM
So assuming Oregon beats OSU next week to finish 5-7, is Helfrich in Eugene next season? I

Even if they lose he's back.

However, I think Texas's loss to Kansas probably means Charlie Strong is gone.

SeattleUte
11-19-2016, 10:48 PM
Does Mora survive. What's his excuse? Has he had as many injuries as Uaah?

Utah
11-20-2016, 12:46 AM
Classic trap game? Ha ha. This was an embarrassment. ARod shouldn't be allowed back on the bus home.

Oregon is a terrible team on the verge of quitting.

And ARod fell on his face.

I still believe the worst thing to happen to Utah was Hawaii hiring Chow over Sitake.

U-Ute
11-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Bigger loss for Oregon: Chip Kelly or Willie Lyles?

USS Utah
11-20-2016, 09:37 AM
Classic trap game? Ha ha. This was an embarrassment. ARod shouldn't be allowed back on the bus home.

Oregon is a terrible team on the verge of quitting.

And ARod fell on his face.

I still believe the worst thing to happen to Utah was Hawaii hiring Chow over Sitake.

Embarrassment, yes. But at no point yesterday was Oregon on the verge of quitting.

Arod wanted to be aggressive, to run up the score quickly like all of us expected, but the Duck D played hard all day.

All three phases of he game for Utah failed miserably at different points of the game. This was a team loss.

What we found out yesterday is that Colorado is for real, but Utah was not. Utah is still a very good team, with eight wins, and could still end up in a upper tier bowl game, but this wasn't their year for the division title.

sancho
11-22-2016, 05:27 PM
New rankings are out:

5) UW
9) CU
12) USC
22) Utah
23) WSU
24) Stanford

Lot still on the line for us Saturday. If we win, we finish ahead of Stanford and probably finish ahead of WSU (depending on the Apple Cup). That may play into the bowls' choices.

I'm not sure we can close the gap with USC and CU. Maybe. That would really be an interesting ranking. We would have the head to head vs each, but we would also have 2 bad losses when they don't really have any.

sancho
11-27-2016, 01:12 PM
I see UCLA fired their OC after just one year. I hope their trip on the OC carousel is as disastrous as ours was.

Hot Lunch
11-27-2016, 02:07 PM
I see UCLA fired their OC after just one year. I hope their trip on the OC carousel is as disastrous as ours was.

As ours "is". We are still in that OC disaster.

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Washington with an early 7-0 lead.

LA Ute
12-02-2016, 10:40 PM
UW looked great tonight.

sancho
12-02-2016, 10:45 PM
UW looked great tonight.

Especially considering how off Browning was.

I'm glad. Stupid buffalos.

sancho
12-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Pac-12 bowl's:

Peach: UW vs Bama in Atlanta. Going to hope for the huge upset, but Bama looks unbeatable.

Rose: USC vs Penn State. I'm pulling for PSU in this one. USC should be big favorites.

Alamo: CU vs Okie State. I'm still mad at CU for beating us. I might be over it by then, but for now, go Cowboys.

Holiday: WSU vs Minnesota. Like the rest of the country, I'm not sure I'll see this one. Yawn. Go gophers, though.

Foster Farms: Utah vs Indiana. Indiana shows the Utes what red and white uniforms should look like. Utah shows Indiana what football should look like. Utah by 5.

Sun: Stanford vs UNC. Ugh. How can anyone root for either of these teams?

Looks like I'm pulling for the Pac-12 in 2 of 6 games.

Solon
12-05-2016, 09:27 AM
Pac-12 bowl's:

Peach: UW vs Bama in Atlanta. Going to hope for the huge upset, but Bama looks unbeatable.

Rose: USC vs Penn State. I'm pulling for PSU in this one. USC should be big favorites.

Alamo: CU vs Okie State. I'm still mad at CU for beating us. I might be over it by then, but for now, go Cowboys.

Holiday: WSU vs Minnesota. Like the rest of the country, I'm not sure I'll see this one. Yawn. Go gophers, though.

Foster Farms: Utah vs Indiana. Indiana shows the Utes what red and white uniforms should look like. Utah shows Indiana what football should look like. Utah by 5.

What's Colorado's reaction to getting the Alamo (instead of Rose) Bowl?
I guess they had their shot to win their way in, but it must smart a little bit to have USC get it, even though USC didn't win the division. On the other hand, USC beat Colorado . . .

Hayes6
12-05-2016, 12:09 PM
Pac-12 bowl's:

Back the Pac! I root for all my Pacbros.

Applejack
12-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Back the Pac! I root for all my Pacbros.

I agree with Sancho. #UntrackthePac

SeattleUte
12-05-2016, 04:53 PM
What's Colorado's reaction to getting the Alamo (instead of Rose) Bowl?
I guess they had their shot to win their way in, but it must smart a little bit to have USC get it, even though USC didn't win the division. On the other hand, USC beat Colorado . . .

Yes

DrumNFeather
12-07-2016, 10:21 AM
Not terribly surprising, but Christian McCaffrey is heading to the NFL. Will be nice to not face him next year.

Applejack
12-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Not terribly surprising, but Christian McCaffrey is heading to the NFL. Will be nice to not face him next year.

:jig:

Let the early entrants begin! Washington, Stanford, USC, this one's for you!

(Pleaseohpleasestayinschool,Lowell,Marcus,andGarre tt)

SeattleUte
12-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Have any of our underclassmen declared yet? If not, does that mean anything?

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Have any of our underclassmen declared yet? If not, does that mean anything?

No they haven't. And yes. It means apparently that the season isn't quite over yet.

LA Ute
12-11-2016, 04:38 PM
The Stanford Band has been suspended and will be "reconstituted."

http://news.stanford.edu/2016/12/09/university-statement-stanford-band/

sancho
12-11-2016, 04:55 PM
The Stanford Band has been suspended and will be "reconstituted."

http://news.stanford.edu/2016/12/09/university-statement-stanford-band/

They will not be missed, by me or by either of Stanford's fans.

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-11-2016, 06:38 PM

That's really going to cut into their basketball attendance numbers.

DrumNFeather
12-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Anu Solomon to transfer: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arizona-qb-anu-solomon-announces-plans-to-transfer-201343046.html

hostile
12-13-2016, 02:05 PM
My fil went to Stanford business school. One of his classmates was also from Utah. After graduating this classmate stuck around PaloAlto working the Stanford development office. He was/is responsible for much of the real estate development on the land owned by the university. He has done quite well financially for both himself and Stanford. When we go visit for games you can feel his absolute disgust/hate for the Leland Stanford Jr University Marching Band.

DrumNFeather
12-14-2016, 02:41 PM
CU DC Jim Leavitt takes the same position at Oregon. Will be the highest paid coordinator in the league...in league history for that matter.

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-14-2016, 03:16 PM
CU DC Jim Leavitt takes the same position at Oregon. Will be the highest paid coordinator in the league...in league history for that matter.

#theraise

LA Ute
12-14-2016, 03:19 PM
Anu Solomon announced he is transferring from Arizona. It's a graduate transfer so he'll be able to play at another FBS school right away, I think.

No love for Rich-Rod, I guess.

DrumNFeather
12-14-2016, 04:40 PM
Anu Solomon to transfer: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arizona-qb-anu-solomon-announces-plans-to-transfer-201343046.html

Anu Solomon announced he is transferring from Arizona. It's a graduate transfer so he'll be able to play at another FBS school right away, I think.

No love for Rich-Rod, I guess.

Bro...try to keep up.

LA Ute
12-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Bro...try to keep up.

Give me a break. I'm on my iPhone in a taxi. Besides, my post had more panache than yours did.

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Bro...try to keep up.

I've already referred to LA as our resident ICYMI, but now it seems I need to switch to ICYWIWP (In case you want it with panache).

Diehard Ute
12-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Give me a break. I'm on my iPhone in a taxi. Besides, my post had more panache than yours did.

I'm failing to see the issue.

My iPhone is the only way I ever access anything.

NorthwestUteFan
12-14-2016, 09:03 PM
This is huge. Leavitt built a very good Defense at CU. He will have even better athletes at his disposal at Oregon.

DrumNFeather
12-15-2016, 09:02 AM
After being asked about getting calls on other college coaching jobs on Outkick the coverage with Clay Travis, Mike MacIntyre got mad and hung up on him. Then, his AD sent a profanity-laced tirade to Clay's show booker. This should all go over well.

Edit: Here's the link to the audio: http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/colorado-coach-hangs-up-on-me-121516