PDA

View Full Version : Spooks, Ghouls, and Poltergeists

Sullyute
10-31-2013, 10:11 AM
With today being Halloween I was listening to a radio program on my way in to work. They were playing some purported supernatural encounters caught on tape. I am a huge critic of most of these type of things and view them as purely entertainment. However, some of them, especially when it involves young kids, really make me wonder.

Even though I have never seen anything myself, I do have a good friend that saw a "evil spirit" one night while working at a youth home for troubled teens. He had no reason to make the story up (although he was listening to a lot of Art Bell at the time).

I do not watch any of the ghost hunter shows on tv, but with all of the scientific instruments and technology that we have today, why can't we prove/disprove this stuff once and for all? Or since it is pratcially impossible to replicate the data that true scientists don't want to touch this stuff (paging Dr. Venkman)?

So although I think most of what is shown in the media as proof of ghosts is bogus, I have to admit that I lean on the believing side in spirits. How about you?