PDA

View Full Version : Downton Abbey

UtahDan
02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
I just want to thank Dan Stevens for not renewing his contract...

leading to the Matthew Crawley character being killed off. While he was one of the most likable characters, his name and mine are identical except for one letter and I have been like Michael Bolton on office space for the last couple years. Also, as I think we saw in the last few episodes, this may mean the return of bitchy Mary, who I like better than nice Mary.

macktruck32
02-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I wonder if anyone on this side of the pond has shared the cautionary tale of Shelley Long with the young Englishman.

The Thrill
02-21-2013, 08:57 PM
Thank you for this thread. I'm hooked but I'm just starting season 2 so don't give away too much. Question... The Duke that made out with Thomas. Who was that guy? Where was he from? I thought he was the heir but then Matthew showed up

Scratch
12-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Ho-Lee crap this show sucks something fierce.

LA Ute
12-24-2013, 06:43 PM
We like Downton Abbey. I have two women to one man in my household right now, and that may influence our viewing habits. But I'm admitting nothing.

wuapinmon
12-24-2013, 08:26 PM
We like Downton Abbey. I have two women to one man in my household right now, and that may influence our viewing habits. But I'm admitting nothing.

I like it. The acting, for the most part, is superb. My wife likes it. And, Sybil is hot.

LA Ute
02-10-2014, 08:00 AM
We've only made it through the first two-hour episode and the second one. All others are DVR'd. I am looking forward to seeing them all.

concerned
02-11-2014, 08:40 PM
We've only made it through the first two-hour episode and the second one. All others are DVR'd. I am looking forward to seeing them all.

It really takes off when Thomas and Bates go into the opium making business to pay for Bate's tuberculosis treatments.