PDA

View Full Version : I want a rivalry with Arizona

SeattleUte
03-12-2014, 07:54 PM
We have a history with these guys. I remember 1998, as I'm sure you all do. I also remember 1976-77, when we bid them goodbye their last season in the WAC winning the WAC outright even though they were heavily favored to win the conference. With the Utes up big in their last WAC game against the Utes, a bomb scare required that the court be vacated in the final minute. Coach Fred Snowden refused to send his players back out to play, we figured because he wanted the record books to say forfeit instead of the score.

I am old enough to remember when we had a basketball tradiation and they didn't.

Let's make the rivalry resume tomorrow. Delon, Jordan, Brandon, et al. make them hate us.

What a monster opportunity to play this team right now at this moment in history. Wouldn't it be great if life in general offered this many chances at redemption.

Utah by 5!

LA Ute
03-12-2014, 08:07 PM
We have a history with these guys. I remember 1998, as I'm sure you all do. I also remember 1976-77, when we bid them goodbye their last season in the WAC winning the WAC outright even though they were heavily favored to win the conference. With the Utes up big in their last WAC game against the Utes, a bomb scare required that the court be vacated in the final minute. Coach Fred Snowden refused to send his players back out to play, we figured because he wanted the record books to say forfeit instead of the score.

I am old enough to remember when we had a basketball tradiation and they didn't.

Let's make the rivalry resume tomorrow. Delon, Jordan, Brandon, et al. make them hate us.

What a monster opportunity to play this team right now at this moment in history. Wouldn't it be great if life in general offered this many chances at redemption.

Utah by 5!

:clap:

hostile
03-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Maybe Coach K will implement the triangle and 2.

Applejack
03-13-2014, 03:25 PM
Sorry, Seattle, no swish for you.

SeattleUte
03-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Sorry, Seattle, no swish for you.

So they finally laid an egg. Shit happens. Looks to me like AZ is of a good mind frame to win a national title.

LA Ute
03-14-2014, 08:07 AM
A lot of them sure don't seem to like us:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=132000

U-Ute
03-14-2014, 10:02 AM
Because of 1998 and the few interesting football games we've had with them (his knee was in damnit!), I believe that Arizona will be the school that we do become rivals with. It just seems like we have more in common with them.

DrumNFeather
03-14-2014, 10:39 AM
A lot of them sure don't seem to like us:

http://forum.goazcats.com/showthread.php?t=132000

That thread lost me one post in when talking about "classless" player behavior. Maybe those guys don't actually watch the games.

Solon
03-14-2014, 10:53 AM
That thread lost me one post in when talking about "classless" player behavior. Maybe those guys don't actually watch the games.

That link refers to the game 3 weeks ago.