PDA

View Full Version : Official 2014 UB5 "Him or Him" Thread!

UtahsMrSports
05-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Ok, its the summer dead time and there is not much going on up on the hill in terms of the big money sports. So, what better time then to pull out an old classic like "Him or Him?"

If you didn't see it last year, this is how the game is played:

At the bottom of this message, I will include the names of two people associated with the University of Utah sports. The first commentor will choose who theyd rather have, or who was better and why. Then they leave two names of their own for the next person to choose from and so on and so on.

Have some fun with this. The more creative the better! Feel free to use anything you can think of related to our Utes. If you disagree with someones choice, discuss!

Last year, I did one thread in the HC and one here in RES. I will just keep it RES this year to avoid confusion.

Steve Smith or Kevin Dyson?

Mormon Red Death
05-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Stevonne by a country mile. Every time he touched the ball it felt like he would take it to the house. Didn't he have 6 returns for td called back due to penalties?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

UtahsMrSports
05-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Stevonne by a country mile. Every time he touched the ball it felt like he would take it to the house. Didn't he have 6 returns for td called back due to penalties?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome.

Who will have a better NFL career: Sean Smith or Keith McGil?

(Remember to leave your own "Him or Him?" at the end of yor post! :) )

chrisrenrut
05-06-2014, 05:04 PM
Sean Smith. Smith dropped a number of interceptions, but he also caught quite a few while at The U. McGil only has one career interception, and it was I gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to agree that Sean will have the better pro career, but am not sure how interceptions while at the U will be the determining factor.

Kautai Olevao or Anthony Davis?

crazyute
05-06-2014, 11:07 PM
I tend to agree that Sean will have the better pro career, but am not sure how interceptions while at the U will be the determining factor.

Kautai Olevao or Anthony Davis?
AD one of my favorite all time players from the"U"!!!

jamal anderson or chris fua'matuma'afala (?spelling)

UtahsMrSports
05-07-2014, 09:07 AM
AD one of my favorite all time players from the"U"!!!

jamal anderson or chris fua'matuma'afala (?spelling)

Thats a tough one. Loved both of them. Ill give the nod to Jamal.

Greg Marsden or Rick Majerus?

UtahsMrSports
05-07-2014, 11:15 AM
Mike McCoy or Brian Johnson?

Right you are, Ken!

Better "Moose" alias: Mac or Not Chad Sexington?

chrisrenrut
05-07-2014, 01:22 PM
You're not sure how interceptions at the U would be an indicator of NFL succes? Eric Weddle's knack for finding the ball and catching it translated to the nfl just fine, it is not a meaningless stat.

Mike McCoy or Brian Johnson?

Interceptions are not meaningless, but they aren't the best indicator of a shut-down corner either.

I have to go with Johnson. He gave us an undefeated season and Sugar Bowl.

Bryan Rowley or Steve Savoy?

SoCalPat
05-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Name one NFL starting corner who has only 1 interception or less.

McCoy took a team that was just a few years from being a WAC cellar dwellar, and led the team to a top 10 finish. He's very under-rated.

I'd take Savoy over Rowley. It's a real shame Savoy left two years early. I can't remember a single dropped pass from Savoy and he was an excellent blocker. Rowley was more one-dimensional.

I love Mike, but the team he took over made it to a bowl game the year before. We were clearly rising under Mac when Mike became our QB.

More impressive than Brian leading us to an undefeated season was the fact that he took over for a QB who led us to an undefeated season and went No. 1 overall in the draft. From a team perspective, Brian matched everything Alex did. He doesn't get enough credit for that. I take Brian here.

You could make an argument that Savoy was the greatest WR in Utah history. He could go deep, over the middle, block and run. He averaged a touchdown for every 5.5 times he touched the ball from scrimmage. You could also make that argument for Rowley, who didn't run nearly as often as Steve, what with the different offenses they played in. He scored a TD every 7.1 times he touched the ball. His career YPC of 17.7 is fourth all-time, and his 27.7 YPC in 1990 would be a single season school record by a long shot except he only had 28 catches that year and the Utah record book requires 30 to be included. Rowley suffered an injury in his original senior year that likely hurt his numbers (his junior year was his best statistically) and Savoy declared early and played only two years. I'd have to go with Savoy here.

Curtis Marsh or David Reed?

Tavo Tupola or Barry Sims?

UBlender
05-08-2014, 10:44 AM
Curtis Marsh or David Reed?

Tavo Tupola or Barry Sims?

I'll go with Reed based on a more consistent two years and his special teams contributions that changed games. Marsh was a devastating weapon in 1994, but was often a liability who couldn't catch the ball in 1993 (with the exception of his huge TD catch against BYU in 34-31 part 1). Reed was a consistent performer in 2008 despite not being a go-to target and had the huge TD in the Sugar Bowl. He also changed momentum many times with his kick returns. In 2009, he had a great year statistically with a QB who didn't look downfield most of the year.

I'll go with Sims based on his pro career.

Walter Watts or Luke Nevill?

UtahsMrSports
05-13-2014, 08:17 AM
I'll go with Reed based on a more consistent two years and his special teams contributions that changed games. Marsh was a devastating weapon in 1994, but was often a liability who couldn't catch the ball in 1993 (with the exception of his huge TD catch against BYU in 34-31 part 1). Reed was a consistent performer in 2008 despite not being a go-to target and had the huge TD in the Sugar Bowl. He also changed momentum many times with his kick returns. In 2009, he had a great year statistically with a QB who didn't look downfield most of the year.

I'll go with Sims based on his pro career.

Walter Watts or Luke Nevill?
Ill go with big Luke.

Erroll Tucker or Shaky Smithson?

mpfunk
05-13-2014, 09:57 PM
Thats a tough one. Loved both of them. Ill give the nod to Jamal.

Greg Marsden or Rick Majerus?

This question is a joke, right?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk