18 - Washington
19 - Auburn
20 - South Carolina
21 - Rutgers
22 - Boston College
23 - West Virginia
24 - East Carolina
25 - USC

Kind of proves that polls are worthless so far.

I feel that I clutter up boards too much, so my reasons are posted here:

http://simplemanslifeutahutes.blogspot.co m/2014/09/college-football-rankings-91414 . html (http://simplemanslifeutahutes.blogspot.com/2014/09/college-football-rankings-91414.html)

Basically, I am only looking at what has been accomplished this year. So, BYU gets ranked high for having a road P5 win, no losses. Take it for what it's worth, but if the playoff was held today, it would be:

Rose Bowl: #1 UCLA vs #4 Penn State
Sugar Bowl: #2 Notre Dame vs #3 Texas A&M

The New Years Bowls would be:

Orange Bowl: #12 Florida State vs #9 Alabama
Cotton Bowl: #11 LSU vs #13 Oklahoma
Fiesta Bowl: #7 ASU vs #5 Pittsburgh
Peach Bowl: #24 East Carolina vs #8 Kansas State

Ole Miss gets screwed because because no one wants to see a rematch of Ole Miss and LSU. Also, LSU is "more compelling" than Ole Miss. I don't see Jerry wanting Ole Miss instead of LSU in his stadium. BYU gets screwed because there isn't a bowl game that they make "more compelling" and there isn't a bowl game that would be better geographically if they were in.

Utah
09-24-2014, 10:23 PM
My Week 4 Top 25 (previous week's rankings in parenthesis):

UCLA (1)- They remain the top dog. They are undefeated. They have two road wins vs P5 teams. Their SOS is #2 in the country. While it hasn't been pretty, no one has done more than UCLA thus far. As long as they keep winning, they should not fall from the #1 spot. They are the only team to control their own destiny because their SOS is so high and should remain high.
Auburn (19) - Big jump in the rankings. Beating a P5 team on the road, combined with the #11 SOS puts them ahead of other undefeated teams with road wins.
Oklahoma (13) - Another road P5 win, another big jump. What keeps them below Auburn is their SOS.
BYU (6) - BYU actually moves up this week. The teams behind BYU have lower SOS's. Now that conference play picks up, expect BYU to remain undefeated and to drop fast.
Oregon (16) - Road win at WSU moves them up the rankings.
Alabama (9) - Beating Florida moves Alabama up.
Notre Dame (2) - They drop as they sit idle and other P5 teams get road wins.
FSU (12) - Playing Clemson at home and winning jumps them up.
Mississippi St (UR) - All they were missing was a P5 win. A P5 win over LSU on the road is enough to take you from UR to #9.
Penn St (4) - They drop due to playing a G5 team.
Georgia Tech (UR) - Beating Virginia Tech on the road, much like Miss St, is enough to get a big jump into the rankings.
Texas A&M (3) - Big drop for A&M. This is a SOS drop.
Utah (UR) - As with the other UR's, big win in a traditional power's stadium, gets a big jump.
ASU (7) - The bye week hurts ASU, as their road win vs a P5 team is the least impressive.
Ole Miss (10) - Their drop is due to lots of UR's having P5 road wins.
Nebraska (UR) - They jump up, but because it was a home win over Miami and not a road win, they don't jump as far as other UR's.
Arizona (UR)
Washington (18) - They stayed stagnant due to low SOS and Duke had a week off.
Duke (17) - Week off, other teams have 4 wins, or road P5 wins, they drop.
TCU (20) - They drop due to a week off.
South Carolina (20) - They drop because so many teams jumped in. Losing hurts...even if it was a couple weeks ago.
Louisville - (UR) - as other teams lose, they rise.
Florida (14) - The Alabama game was valiant, but a lose is a lose, and a lose gets a drop.
USC (25) - having a week off actually helped them as other teams lost around them.
LSU (11) - the loss to Mississippi St was a bad one. They fell far due to not having a road P5 win and lower SOS.

Under consideration: NC State, Oregon St, Baylor, Pittsburg (5), West Virginia (23), Rutgers (21), Kansas St (8), Boston College (22), East Carolina (24), Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Wisconsin, Stanford, Michigan State, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Cal.

College Football Playoff Tie In's Week 3 (Not quite yet predictions. That comes later):

Rose Bowl: #1 UCLA vs #4 BYU
Sugar Bowl: #2 Auburn vs #3 Oklahoma

The New Years Bowls would be:

Orange Bowl: #8 Florida State vs #6 Alabama
Cotton Bowl: #7 Notre Dame vs #9 Mississippi St
Fiesta Bowl: #5 Oregon vs #12 Texas A&M
Peach Bowl: #24 East Carolina vs #11 Georgia Tech