PDA

View Full Version : Sports radio in Salt Lake?

utefan
10-25-2014, 03:32 PM
I hardly ever listen to the radio. I thought I'd listen to a little sports talk radio today and see what they're saying about the big game tonight.

The only station I know is 97.5 because of the Jazz. So I tuned in while driving around and they were talking about some amateur MMA fight in Utah County.

If BYU was ranked #19 and had a home game against #20 tonight, with first place in their division on the line, it's ALL they would be talking about in the local sports media.

Amateur MMA? On the day the Utes are playing the biggest college football game this state has hosted since the last huge Utes game? Seriously?!

What other sports talk radio stations are there in the Salt Lake area?

OrangeUte
10-25-2014, 03:38 PM
700AM is espn radio. I don't know what time dolce and Riley take the air but I have that app on my phone and usually tune in before the game if I can and I always listen after the game.

Diehard Ute
10-25-2014, 03:40 PM
700AM is espn radio. I don't know what time dolce and Riley take the air but I have that app on my phone and usually tune in before the game if I can and I always listen after the game.

Their initial pregame starts at 4

OrangeUte
10-25-2014, 03:41 PM
Their initial pregame starts at 4

Gracias. I have a birthday party to attend so I may be a little late.

Today is dragging.

Diehard Ute
10-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Gracias. I have a birthday party to attend so I may be a little late.

Today is dragging.

I'm not a radio guy. Just listen to postgame usually. I follow Riley on Twitter

I just woke up. I'll head head to the game and go straight to work. Have to be on duty no later than 1230

UtahsMrSports
10-26-2014, 08:14 AM
I hardly ever listen to the radio. I thought I'd listen to a little sports talk radio today and see what they're saying about the big game tonight.

The only station I know is 97.5 because of the Jazz. So I tuned in while driving around and they were talking about some amateur MMA fight in Utah County.

If BYU was ranked #19 and had a home game against #20 tonight, with first place in their division on the line, it's ALL they would be talking about in the local sports media.

Amateur MMA? On the day the Utes are playing the biggest college football game this state has hosted since the last huge Utes game? Seriously?!

What other sports talk radio stations are there in the Salt Lake area?

I am now at two months of no local sports talk radio and my iq has risen. 1280 is bad, 1320 is downright awful, and 700 is ok.

wally
10-27-2014, 12:23 PM
I am now at two months of no local sports talk radio and my iq has risen. 1280 is bad, 1320 is downright awful, and 700 is ok.

Why do you think it is so bad? I listen to sports radio when I drive, and am mildly entertained which is what I was expecting. What are your expectations?

UtahsMrSports
10-27-2014, 10:25 PM
Why do you think it is so bad? I listen to sports radio when I drive, and am mildly entertained which is what I was expecting. What are your expectations?

Id love to be entertained, even mildly. Instead, all i hear is button pushing, endless byu-utah comparisons, cliches, uninformed yacking, and out and out trolling. My exceptions are jake and tony and bill and oc.