PDA

View Full Version : Outstanding Effort!

Devildog
11-02-2014, 12:07 PM
6-2 and in the middle of a grinding schedule that is as tough as anything the Utes could have ever dreamed of...and this team is fighting like Hell.

This is right where we should be.

The team is giving everything they have, the defense is spectacular, the offense is more capable than we have been in years. Our special teams are among the best in the country.

These Utes have exceeded our preseason expectations... and when they did that, we set our own expectations higher. Great that is how it should be.

ASU is a good football team! We gave them all they could handle at their own house.

Seeing this team fight their way to respect within the PAC 12 is fun.

Enjoy the ride!

I would rather lose a battle like that, than come away with a victory over some no name middle somewhere state team that nobody has ever heard of.

We continue to define ourselves. The Utes have stepped up to the big boy table, it hasn't been easy nor will it be in the future. The stakes are high here... and I'm grateful they are. The team's strength and speed and character has improved while fighting through the adversity that can only be created through elite competition... makes them stronger... and it shows.

LA Ute
11-02-2014, 12:43 PM
6-2 and in the middle of a grinding schedule that is as tough as anything the Utes could have ever dreamed of...and this team is fighting like Hell.

This is right where we should be.

The team is giving everything they have, the defense is spectacular, the offense is more capable than we have been in years. Our special teams are among the best in the country.

These Utes have exceeded our preseason expectations... and when they did that, we set our own expectations higher. Great that is how it should be.

ASU is a good football team! We gave them all they could handle at their own house.

Seeing this team fight their way to respect within the PAC 12 is fun.

Enjoy the ride!

I would rather lose a battle like that, than come away with a victory over some no name middle somewhere state team that nobody has ever heard of.

We continue to define ourselves. The Utes have stepped up to the big boy table, it hasn't been easy nor will it be in the future. The stakes are high here... and I'm grateful they are. The team's strength and speed and character has improved while fighting through the adversity that can only be created through elite competition... makes them stronger... and it shows.

Yep, I feel the same way. Like everyone, I wish we could do better on offense, but I am really proud of this bunch of Utes.

OrangeUte
11-02-2014, 02:32 PM
Great post. I agree.

I can't wait to see the rest of the season unfold. RES is a tough place to play. I hope they're ready for oregon and welcome them with some very frank defense and an unexpected offense.

LA Ute
11-02-2014, 02:41 PM
Great post. I agree.

I can't wait to see the rest of the season unfold. RES is a tough place to play. I hope they're ready for oregon and welcome them with some very frank defense and an unexpected offense.

I am sure Kyle and Co. will have something special cooked up for Oregon. It probably won't be enough but you never know -- that's why we play the games!

Ma'ake
11-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Great post!

I agree with LA, the coaches will come up with something, and it will be an interesting matchup Saturday.

You always want a win, but think about how much we left in the fridge last night. We showed less than we did against Idaho State and Fresno!

As we learned between Wazzu and UCLA... there's is more here than meets the eye.

Damage U
11-02-2014, 07:32 PM
I have to tip my hat to Whitt and his staff. To see what he gets out of 2-3 * players amazes me. I was lurking around ASUs Scout page and saw the list of recruits they have coming in next week for the Domer game. They have more 4* players coming next week than Utah will see all year. Maybe Whitt needs a good PR company (besides winning) because if a recruit sees what he does with his players in getting the best out of each one them and sends more than his fair share to the NFL, just think what he could do with 4-5* players. Then again, I know Whitt would take a 2-3* player who works his butt off each and every day then a 4-5* who is happy being buried in the depth chart rarely seeing the light of playing time just so he can say he suits up from some blue blood program.
Any ways, I think I'll climb down off my soap box now.