PDA

View Full Version : The Manase Tu'ungafasi Thread.

Viking
05-24-2015, 11:51 AM
God love this kid. I'm so happy to see the double standard at BYU is back, as it should have always been. With Brigham Young as its namesake, how could it not have at least a double standard??!! (triple standard? quadruple?)

Yes, this badass lists his life ambition as follows: "grab life by the nuts."

Viking
05-24-2015, 12:14 PM
Hey Bronco, most of us think this is pretty awesome. Yes, some will want him to apologize. Others, such as a certain father of triplets, will wish his name was "life", but the vast majority will love this kid. Leave him alone and let him kick some ass.

sancho
05-24-2015, 12:35 PM
Hey Bronco, most of us think this is pretty awesome. Yes, some will want him to apologize. Others, such as a certain father of triplets, will wish his name was "life", but the vast majority will love this kid. Leave him alone and let him kick some ass.

Context? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Viking
05-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Context? I have no idea what you are talking about.

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-cougars-football/2015/5/23/8648061/byu-football-recruiting-pacific-signs-ol-manase-tuungafasi-new-zealand-2015

sancho
05-24-2015, 01:20 PM
http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-cougars-football/2015/5/23/8648061/byu-football-recruiting-pacific-signs-ol-manase-tuungafasi-new-zealand-2015

You started a thread for this? Can we merge this into the BYU thread?

Viking
05-24-2015, 01:33 PM
You started a thread for this? Can we merge this into the BYU thread?

You miss the context here. This kid's recruitment means that BYU is no longer looking for peter priesthoods in idaho to speak at firesides the friday night before a game. This kid is a badass. That's a shift in strategy that deserves its own mention. We've been wandering in the desert for a long time, we cougar fans, and this dude represents the oasis.

Viking
05-24-2015, 01:43 PM
Who cares. John Nash died. That's enough to send me on another 12 month sabbatical from the internet. RIP, JFN Jr.

sancho
05-24-2015, 02:24 PM
You miss the context here. This kid's recruitment means that BYU is no longer looking for peter priesthoods in idaho to speak at firesides the friday night before a game.

There has been no shift. BYU, like everyone, has always been looking for the best football players available.

Viking
05-24-2015, 03:00 PM
There has been no shift. BYU, like everyone, has always been looking for the best football players available.

BYU "has always been looking for the best football players available"???? What, are you nuts? BYU has been looking for TBMs who will become missionaries, return to BYU, marry 20-something mormon girls and finish their eligibility with either one or more of "Tradition", "Spirit" and/or "Honor". If they were "looking for the best football players available", they'd be going after the likes of Jameis Winston, not Taysom Hill. I like you, I think you are cool. I think you'd prefer to rephrase your post.

Devildog
05-25-2015, 08:01 PM
BYU "has always been looking for the best football players available"????

Viking if the guy ever wanted to play in the NFL (not sure he even knows what that is) he should have signed with Utah.

Scorcho
05-25-2015, 09:32 PM
I still think it's hilarious that the owner of the old Cougar/Utes site was so butt hurt about Utah's status in the PAC-12 that he changed the name of the site and essentially booted Utah fans off.

SoCalPat
05-26-2015, 08:27 AM
BYU "has always been looking for the best football players available"???? What, are you nuts? BYU has been looking for TBMs who will become missionaries, return to BYU, marry 20-something mormon girls and finish their eligibility with either one or more of "Tradition", "Spirit" and/or "Honor". If they were "looking for the best football players available", they'd be going after the likes of Jameis Winston, not Taysom Hill. I like you, I think you are cool. I think you'd prefer to rephrase your post.

How'd that work out with Brayden Kearsley?

NorthwestUteFan
05-26-2015, 01:12 PM
I still think it's hilarious that the owner of the old Cougar/Utes site was so butt hurt about Utah's status in the PAC-12 that he changed the name of the site and essentially booted Utah fans off.

Be nice. He has to protect his phony-baloney job at a third-rate institution.

Scratch
05-26-2015, 03:30 PM
Be nice. He has to protect his phony-baloney job at a third-rate institution.

Give the Bronco a Harrumph!

NorthwestUteFan
05-26-2015, 08:02 PM
I had no idea who this guy was, so I looked him up. At 6'7" and 322# I expected to see a fat lump.

I was wrong. He is ripped.

Hopefully he already knows how to play the game of football, because he certainly won't learn at byu-P.