PDA

View Full Version : The football scheduling thread

LA Ute
08-02-2015, 12:32 PM
It seems like we should have a thread dedicated to this. Here's some significant news:

Big Ten to schedule nine league games, no FCS teams starting in 2016 (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2015/07/31/big-ten-schedule-nine-league-games-no-fcs-teams-2016/30938987/)

DrumNFeather
08-02-2015, 08:47 PM
"We'll do what's best for us" - Kyle Whittingham.

UtahsMrSports
08-02-2015, 09:17 PM
It seems like we should have a thread dedicated to this. Here's some significant news:

Big Ten to schedule nine league games, no FCS teams starting in 2016 (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2015/07/31/big-ten-schedule-nine-league-games-no-fcs-teams-2016/30938987/)

I wonder how many conferences will jump on the bandwagon with the no FCS teams thing. I have never had a problem with it, as I think that a "tune up" game can have some advantages. Also, Gordon Monson is opposed to FBS teams playing FCS teams, and I generally consider Monson to be an out of touch fool, so there you go.

DrumNFeather
08-03-2015, 05:48 AM
I wonder how many conferences will jump on the bandwagon with the no FCS teams thing. I have never had a problem with it, as I think that a "tune up" game can have some advantages. Also, Gordon Monson is opposed to FBS teams playing FCS teams, and I generally consider Monson to be an out of touch fool, so there you go.

I think it would be kind of cool if they just let them set up a scrimmage of some sort with an FCS team...shoot, even call it a "pre-season" game. Everyone gets one the last week of August, and then you go right into your 12 game regular season against all FBS teams. Then again, I'd also like to see a schedule similar to how the NFL does there's where the first place teams from the previous year in divisions play each other and so on down the line.

Solon
08-03-2015, 07:54 AM

It will really hurt FCS schools that depend on payouts from Big Brother U.
I truly believe that the days are numbered for small-time college football.

Sullyute
08-03-2015, 09:38 AM
...I generally consider Monson to be an out of touch fool...

:highfive: