PDA

View Full Version : This has probably been brought up, but how about adding a chat room.

480ute
02-22-2013, 10:50 AM
That would be huge for some of us posters.

LadyUte
02-22-2013, 11:29 AM
That would be huge for some of us posters.
I agree. A chat room would be great. Nice way to chat about games going on and get to know other members of the board.

LA Ute
02-22-2013, 11:33 AM
There is a chat capability here but I don't think it has been enabled. Stay tuned.

480ute
02-22-2013, 11:45 AM
There is a chat capability here but I don't think it has been enabled. Stay tuned.
Well get on it already LA. Time's a wastin'.

Virginia Ute
02-22-2013, 03:41 PM
I totally agree on the chat suggestion.

Also, is there a quick way to see which posts you've seen and which you haven't in a thread? The feature probably exists, but I'm just not savy with it yet...

also, does there exist a way to get a notification on the top bar or something when someone responds to your message?

Corvan
02-22-2013, 04:20 PM
All of the other boards I go to that are based on this platform have chat but I'm guessing it's an additional amount of work for JIC. I'm sure it will be here in time.

Jarid in Cedar
02-22-2013, 04:35 PM
All of the other boards I go to that are based on this platform have chat but I'm guessing it's an additional amount of work for JIC. I'm sure it will be here in time.

This. There are several things that are possible, and will eventually happen. They just take time which is a far more valuable commodity than money.

NorthwestUteFan
02-22-2013, 05:20 PM
I totally agree on the chat suggestion.

Also, is there a quick way to see which posts you've seen and which you haven't in a thread? The feature probably exists, but I'm just not savy with it yet...

also, does there exist a way to get a notification on the top bar or something when someone responds to your message?
Cick on the Thread Tools at the top of the page, and click Subscribe, then choose your email notification preference (instant, daily, weekly)

LA Ute
02-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Cick on the Thread Tools at the top of the page, and click Subscribe, then choose your email notification preference (instant, daily, weekly)

The subscription/notification option is a very nice feature of this software.

redpatty
02-22-2013, 06:49 PM
Other vbulletin forums I've been on have a "view first unread" feature on every thread. Is that available here?

NorthwestUteFan
02-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Yes, it is also at the top. Unfortunately it is in black text, on a black field. Jarid, can you tweak that?

Jarid in Cedar
02-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Other vbulletin forums I've been on have a "view first unread" feature on every thread. Is that available here?

Yes but it is hidden by one of the color quirks that I need to fix. It is dark grey text right next to the thread tools at the top of the thread.

Rocker Ute
02-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Yes but it is hidden by one of the color quirks that I need to fix. It is dark grey text right next to the thread tools at the top of the thread.

If you drop that CSS that I sent you into additional.css it will fix that for you.

Jarid in Cedar
02-22-2013, 08:29 PM
If you drop that CSS that I sent you into additional.css it will fix that for you.

:ashamed: I haven't forgotten about it. Hopefully tonight. The world is releasing it's death clench on my free time.

Rocker Ute
02-22-2013, 08:30 PM
:ashamed: I haven't forgotten about it. Hopefully tonight. The world is releasing it's death clench on my free time.

Sorry man, no pressure ;). I know the feeling.

Utah
02-22-2013, 08:37 PM

Thanks so much for doing all of this. It's been amazing.

redpatty
02-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Thank you so much. I see it now.

wally
02-22-2013, 09:08 PM
Don't do it JIC. As soon as you give them a chat room, they'll be asking for even creepier shit. Nothing good happens in chat rooms.