PDA

View Full Version : Boys being Boys. (sarcasm)

Damage U
09-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Two HS players take out ref.
My spidey sense tells me a coach put these guys up to it.

http://deadspin.com/high-school-football-players-target-light-up-poor-offi-1728999161

NorthwestUteFan
09-06-2015, 04:47 PM
I saw that on the news. As a start those two should br banned from playing HS football and if it goes deeper than just those two players the entire team should br disqualified for the rest of the year.

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-06-2015, 05:00 PM
These are biased observations.

Rocker Ute
09-06-2015, 05:22 PM
He's part of the field and incidental contact happens all the time with refs and football players. Certainly within the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthwestUteFan
09-06-2015, 05:24 PM
They were just playing on the edge. It was a common helmet to the back of a player on the ground. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Rocker Ute
09-06-2015, 05:26 PM
Pretty sure that wasn't helmet. I've reviewed the film and it looks like his shoulder to his back.

And as far as punishment should go, if there even should be (there shouldn't) I think the coverage of this is punishment enough.

NorthwestUteFan
09-06-2015, 05:38 PM
This was (allegedly) in retaliation to a call earlier thar went against them just before. This happened away from the play. I see one player blindsiding the stationary ref from behind, then the other player hits the ref after he is on the ground.

If this happened near the play and looked more like incidental contact I could accept it. But the videos I saw sure looked like two players taking retaliatory shots on a ref after a call they didn't like.

LA Ute
09-06-2015, 05:47 PM
I wonder if they are stupid enough to think they will get away with that?

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-06-2015, 05:47 PM
This was (allegedly) in retaliation to a call earlier thar went against them just before. This happened away from the play. I see one player blindsiding the stationary ref from behind, then the other player hits the ref after he is on the ground.

If this happened near the play and looked more like incidental contact I could accept it. But the videos I saw sure looked like two players taking retaliatory shots on a ref after a call they didn't like.

Rocker is just rephrasing some of Broncos more recent quotes regarding brawl bowl suspensions.

Personally, I think it would go a long ways of the coach for these two players sit in front of the media after their next game to answer any question on whether or not they had been/will be/should be disciplined.

NorthwestUteFan
09-06-2015, 08:20 PM
The district is investigating it so we will see if anything comes from two safeties blindsiding the umpire nine yards behind an ended play.

UtahsMrSports
09-06-2015, 09:52 PM
Theres plenty that the Utes have done that is comparable!

(Insert video of Kaelin Clay versus Oregon)

See????