PDA

View Full Version : #13 Utah at Washington: Mining for victory in the Emerald City

Redbird
11-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Utah is #14 in the Coaches Poll and #13 in the AP Poll.

The Utes are 0-8 vs the Huskies, but only one of those games was in SLC.

Both teams are coming off comfortable intra-divisional wins.

Kickoff is set for 4:30pm PST.

LA Ute
11-01-2015, 02:06 PM
I predict a squeaker one-possession game and whoever wins, people will be mad we didn't do better. (Channeling SU here.)

Best case scenario for the remainder of the season: 4-0.
Worst case: 0-4. (Won't happen.)
Most likely case, based on how we've been playing: 2-2. That'd be a 9-3 season and probably a better bowl than we got last year. Alamo (Pac-12 #2), Holiday (PAC-12 #3) or Foster Farms (PAC-12 #4), maybe? (I am not sure how the bowl matchups work anymore.)

Anything better than 2-2 would be our best regular season ever in the PAC-12 and probably Utah football's best regular season in any conference.

DrumNFeather
11-02-2015, 07:22 AM
It is my belief that Washington is not nearly as good as their 49-3 beatdown of Arizona. That's not to say they aren't good, but they are going to have a tough slog to bowl eligibility. They play us this week, @ASU, @OSU and WSU at home to finish. They will very likely beat OSU, but the other three are tough outs, including and especially us.

Our guys know exactly what the score is, and I think we will see them play better against Washington, particularly defensively. I think it will be more of a slug fest, but ultimately I think we will prevail because we are the better team. Yes, our OCs will have to get creative and this can't just be a game where we run Booker left, right, and up the middle, but ultimately I think we win this game.

SeattleUte
11-02-2015, 11:29 AM
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/up-next-for-washington-no-13-utah/

Applejack
11-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Of the games left, the next one will be the toughest test. I'm starting to believe we will beat Arizona, Ucla will be a good test but it's at home, and CU will be a last second victory. But the game on Saturday I think the dawgs are too much on defense and they are starting to come around on offense. Should be a good game. We have to bring our A+ game on Saturday.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2015, 07:23 PM
We will have rain on Sat, tapering off by game time. But it will be a windy game, 10kts gusting to 20kts. This will cause all kinds of grief for the passing game.

LA Ute
11-04-2015, 07:40 PM
We will have rain on Sat, tapering off by game time. But it will be a windy game, 10kts gusting to 20kts. This will cause all kinds of grief for the passing game.

It won't help the kicking game either. Ugh.

DrumNFeather
11-04-2015, 08:00 PM

I believe it is called the throw game...

Also, it will impact both teams, and though he's good, they are still rolling out a Freshman QB.

NorthwestUteFan
11-04-2015, 09:17 PM
I believe it is called the throw game..

Nobody likes a f***ing pedant.

chrisrenrut
11-04-2015, 10:50 PM

Well, that escalated quickly!

SeattleUte
11-04-2015, 10:53 PM

I think bad weather works to our advantage. So rain, rain, rain is good! Anyway, I'll be there in my rain gear, first row and at the 50 yard line.

I'm pretty intimate with both of these teams. I actually like the Huskies a lot and am a fan when they're not playing the Utes. I feel pretty good about the game from the Utes' perspective. There's an artificial euphoria up here about Browning, because of that Arizona game. The Utes are the perfect team to bring them back to reality. Our defense needs to take this game away from Browning. We win it defending.

DrumNFeather
11-05-2015, 06:09 AM

Are you sure?

DrumNFeather
11-05-2015, 06:12 AM
I think bad weather works to our advantage. So rain, rain, rain is good! Anyway, I'll be there in my rain gear, first row and at the 50 yard line.

I'm pretty intimate with both of these teams. I actually like the Huskies a lot and am a fan when they're not playing the Utes. I feel pretty good about the game from the Utes' perspective. There's an artificial euphoria up here about Browning, because of that Arizona game. The Utes are the perfect team to bring them back to reality. Our defense needs to take this game away from Browning. We win it defending.

I think you're right on Browning. With both QBs in this game, there will be a bit of a "regress to the mean." In Travis' case, it should mean he plays a little better and in Browning's case, it should mean he plays a little worse. We've gone two games now without a takeaway and yet still are up their in the nation in INTs. You know that the coaches have made this a point of emphasis this week, and with our front four getting pressure, and bad weather, we should be able to get those turnovers.

concerned
11-05-2015, 07:50 AM
Another thing: average to slightly above average teams have trouble putting great games together back to back. Look how we played the week or two or three after Oregon. I would suspect that Arizona was the aberration for UW, not the trend, and that they will come back to earth rain or no rain. FWIW.

UBlender
11-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Another thing: average to slightly above average teams have trouble putting great games together back to back. Look how we played the week or two or three after Oregon. I would suspect that Arizona was the aberration for UW, not the trend, and that they will come back to earth rain or no rain. FWIW.

In 2012 Utah, in the midst of a 5-7 season, had blowout victories over Cal and Wazzu, both of whom were in total disarray (Cal in the last year of Tedford who was all but certain to be fired at that point and Wazzu in the first year of Leach who didn't have his guys in the system). The moral of the story: Don't read too much into an average or bad team getting a blowout over a team that is in complete meltdown mode (Arizona currently).

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Are you sure?

Sorry, I shouldn't use that word.

Nobody likes a f***ing dogmatist.

DrumNFeather
11-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Sorry, I shouldn't use that word.

Nobody likes a flipping dogmatist.

What can I say? I'm a Whit guy! :utes::utetailgate:

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2015, 01:52 PM

Which side are you on? Our tickets are 3rd row behind the Utah bench.

I like Utah in this game, but it will be very tough. This is by far the most physical game remaining on the schedule, and it will take a lot to grind out a win. The WRs need to battle hard and we need to get plays outside and/or deep, to keep UW from stacking up the middle.

Hopefully Travis Wilson will watch a ton of game film and remember how to look off Safeties and LBs. If he locks in on receivers he is in for a long day.

Also the line needs to be on guard for Travis Feeney. He is a beast and loves to get into the backfield.

The D needs to watch out for trick plays, because Chris Petersen doesn't seem to know how to win without pulling freaky things on Offense.

NorthwestUteFan
11-05-2015, 01:53 PM
What can I say? I'm a Whit guy! :utes::utetailgate:

LOL. Nice!

SeattleUte
11-05-2015, 02:14 PM
Which side are you on? Our tickets are 3rd row behind the Utah bench.

I like Utah in this game, but it will be very tough. This is by far the most physical game remaining on the schedule, and it will take a lot to grind out a win. The WRs need to battle hard and we need to get plays outside and/or deep, to keep UW from stacking up the middle.

Hopefully Travis Wilson will watch a ton of game film and remember how to look off Safeties and LBs. If he locks in on receivers he is in for a long day.

Also the line needs to be on guard for Travis Feeney. He is a beast and loves to get into the backfield.

The D needs to watch out for trick plays, because Chris Petersen doesn't seem to know how to win without pulling freaky things on Offense.

Section 129, Row 1, Seats 16-23. We'll be a house divided. My kids are all Husky fans. We'll be with a client who is a Ute fan with his family. So my wife will be for the Utes, for this reason alone. Otherwise, she'll be indifferent.

Is there an alumni party before the game?

LA Ute
11-06-2015, 06:34 PM
So what are the keys to the game tomorrow? I heard Frank Dolce today while I was driving -- he thinks the two defenses are so evenly matched that turnover margin will be the key factor. Interesting idea. I'll buy it. If the Utes can stop the UDub offense from scoring at least as well as they stop ours, and give our offense some short fields, we win. Whaddaya think?

NorthwestUteFan
11-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Section 129, Row 1, Seats 16-23. We'll be a house divided. My kids are all Husky fans. We'll be with a client who is a Ute fan with his family. So my wife will be for the Utes, for this reason alone. Otherwise, she'll be indifferent.

Is there an alumni party before the game?

I am in Sec 107 across from you. Not sure about the alumni.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Maybe this is the year for the Utes to get monkeys off their backs. We've gotten the ASU monkey off, why not the Washington monkey?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian
11-07-2015, 09:17 AM
So what are the keys to the game tomorrow? I heard Frank Dolce today while I was driving -- he thinks the two defenses are so evenly matched that turnover margin will be the key factor. Interesting idea. I'll buy it. If the Utes can stop the UDub offense from scoring at least as well as they stop ours, and give our offense some short fields, we win. Whaddaya think?

I can buy that. I've other 'experts' say the same about the defenses.
Special teams become particularly important in these types of games, I think. Advantage us.
We might see another vanilla 'travis-don't-throw-picks' game again to ensure the D and ST win the game. The weather will probably dictate that as well.

NorthwestUteFan
11-07-2015, 09:30 AM
Still looks like 1/2" rain per hour with 12 kts gusting to 30 kts.

DrumNFeather
11-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Still looks like 1/2" rain per hour with 12 kts gusting to 30 kts.
There will most certainly be a turnover battle...we just need to win it.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Maybe this is the year for the Utes to get monkeys off their backs. We've gotten the ASU monkey off, why not the Washington monkey?

And Oregon.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 11:56 AM
And Oregon.

Right! Forgot that one. UDub is the last PAC-12 team we haven't beaten. Let's get it done today!

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-07-2015, 12:56 PM
I'm seeing conflicting info on Dimick. Do we know if he's playing or not playing?

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-07-2015, 01:01 PM
I was listening to The Podcast of Champions yesterday while making chili. On multiple occasions, they pressed that Washington's defense is elite and Utah's is just good. Despite the similar statistics.

NorthwestUteFan
11-07-2015, 03:36 PM
The front blew through early, it is only sprinkling now and winds are light. No worries.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 03:52 PM
The front blew through early, it is only sprinkling now and winds are light. No worries.

The power of prayer is manifest once again! That, along with living right on and off the field.

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Radar looks like it's going to rain during the game. Hopefully that doesn't happen

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 04:14 PM
@matthew_piper: Filipo Mokofisi and Hunter Dimick were not on the travel roster as of last night and we haven't been able to spot them.

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-07-2015, 04:41 PM
@matthew_piper: Filipo Mokofisi and Hunter Dimick were not on the travel roster as of last night and we haven't been able to spot them.

Yikes. That doesn't help my anxiety any.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 04:59 PM
@tribkurt: Utah-Washington kickoff officially will be 5:45 p.m. MST. Light rain here at Husky Stadium, maybe that goes without saying in November.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 05:50 PM
Not liking that first series. Or the first play by Washington.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 05:52 PM
I have a feeling this is going to be a long night. Chris Peterson owns Whittingham.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 05:55 PM
No resistance. Absolutely none.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 06:01 PM
Not having Dimick or Mokofisi probably didn't help on that first W drive.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 06:02 PM
But they did stiffen up and give up only a FG. I wonder why it is that we tend to be bad on opposing teams' opening drive. Or maybe that is a last season thing.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 06:12 PM
But they did stiffen up and give up only a FG. I wonder why it is that we tend to be bad on opposing teams' opening drive. Or maybe that is a last season thing.

We got lucky that Washington screwed up with a stupid penalty.

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Nice break on the punt fumble. Gotta get 7 out of this. Go for it on fourth.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Nice break on the punt fumble. Gotta get 7 out of this. Go for it on fourth.

We did what we needed to do. Now step up on defense again.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Paul is awesome. Wish he would have got the TD

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 06:41 PM

I feel like Utah has always been like that. My theory is that we come out a bit conservative defensively until we figure out what the offense is trying to do then we dial in the defense to stop them.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 06:41 PM
I was not feeling good about this game. The first few drives we were not being disruptive on D, and the offense was moving the ball inconsistently.

Two big plays, and we have 14 quick points on the board. I hope the team can use these to gain confidence, and keep the momentum.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Having Norris makes such a huge difference. We can't give up third and longs like that though. Inexcusable.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Big play by Hanson. Awesome strip.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 06:47 PM
Hansen turning into a playmaker on D.

One of the big tackles by Norris was due to Hansen charging in and occupying he blocker.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 06:48 PM
Prediction: Hansen gets a pick this game and becomes a 3 year starter at safety.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 06:49 PM
2 TOs already. Exactly what we need to do.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Prediction: Hansen gets a pick this game and becomes a 3 year starter at safety.

Weddle-like, we hope.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Hansen sniffs out the trick play and covers the receiver it was supposed to go to.

mpfunk
Hansen turning into a playmaker on D.

One of the big tackles by Norris was due to Hansen charging in and occupying he blocker.

Hanson is not a QB. He is a great defensive player. Play him at safety or LB and he will be a stud at either position. Love having him on defense.

U-Ute
Weddle-like, we hope.

He is beginning to remind me of him. Always in the right place.

LA Ute
OK, Travis. Bad mistake. Keep your head up. Don't hang your head. Please.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 06:55 PM
I am surprised to see he is starting over Carter though. Carter is a stud. Is he injured?

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 06:57 PM
We need to get Booker going.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 06:58 PM
Wow. Covey with the quick spin!

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 06:59 PM
Ugh, stop putting this game in Travis hands.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 07:00 PM
We've encountered our offensive doldrums. Turnover, then a 3 and out.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 07:01 PM
There is Paul's TD

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 07:02 PM
Oh my, this is a crazy game.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Who will replace Norris and Paul next year? Wow.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Who will replace Norris and Paul next year? Wow.

Chase Hansen and a tackling dummy! (too soon for Chuck Norris type jokes for Chase?)

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Well shit.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 07:12 PM
They confused our secondary on both of those plays? Inexperience of Hansen?

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 07:16 PM
I am amazed at how fast Covey can run given the size of his balls.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 07:18 PM
So much for a rain soaked low scoring defensive struggle.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks Chris for giving us time to get more points.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 07:22 PM
I am amazed at how fast Covey can run given the size of his balls.

:rofl:

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 07:25 PM
Chris we reject the gift you have given us.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 07:26 PM
So much for a rain soaked low scoring defensive struggle.

Yeah, the half time score is what my prediction was for the whole game.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 07:26 PM
I feel like Travis just gave up on those 3rd and 4th down plays before the half. :(

mUUser
11-07-2015, 07:35 PM
Good grief, I feel like my son's 8th grade coordinator is calling in plays to a freshman QB making his first start.

mUUser
11-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Could be worse. Did you see the Memphis kid field a punt in his own end zone. Yikes.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 07:41 PM
I thought whoever scored 21 points in this game would win. Much more scoring so far than I expected. Anyway, with a 3-1 TO margin and a 2-score lead we are in a good place.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 07:44 PM
They confused our secondary on both of those plays? Inexperience of Hansen?

I am guessing a bit of the latter.

On offense, we are seeing Below Average Travis. Not Bad Travis, but not Good Travis either. Tonight Average Travis would get us a win. I hope that is the one who comes out in the second half.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 07:57 PM
I am guessing a bit of the latter.

On offense, we are seeing Below Average Travis. Not Bad Travis, but not Good Travis either. Tonight Average Travis would get us a win. I hope that is the one who comes out in the second half.

We got lucky. Bad Travis has arrived.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 07:57 PM
We got lucky. Bad Travis has arrived.

Disagree. So far Terrifying Travis has been on the field.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 07:59 PM
In fairness, Washington has the best defense in the league, or maybe the second best. Still, his bad throws cannot be attributed to the defense.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:03 PM
It would have been nice to get a stop on that crucial third down.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Ugh. We need something out of our offense that has done nothing yet tonight.

Not a good spot

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Ugh. We need something out of our offense that has done nothing yet tonight.

Not a good spot

Yep. We don't get points on this drive and things are going to get really worrisome.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:08 PM
That couldn't have gone much worse.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:08 PM
Looks like we are trying to even up the turnover margin.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:09 PM
Maybe the D can get another turnover.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:10 PM
Big third down here.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Wow, we are bad on defending 3rd down tonight. Or maybe Washington is just really good on them. I like their playcalling a lot more than ours.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:11 PM
By the way. Our defense deserves a ton of criticism. Multiple 3rd and longs given up to a team that is horrible on 3rd down.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 08:12 PM
It isn't your night when Booker fumbles.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:16 PM
Come on, Travis, clear your head and focus.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:17 PM
Nice job by Travis. He had me yelling at the TV screen, "Don't take the sack! Don't take the sack!"

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Wilson is shit.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:21 PM
You can't win a conference title with the worst starting QB in the conference.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Did anyone else notice that Singleton ran that route short of the first down marker? So even if the pass had been complete, we would not have had the first down. Is it just me, or do our receivers do that often?

mUUser
11-07-2015, 08:22 PM
Travis is doing his level best to give this game away

LA Ute
Well, maybe the defense can come up with something here. We really need it.

mpfunk
We should put in Thompson and go straight option

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:23 PM
Travis is doing his level best to give this game away

I'm afraid he has lost his head. With the way our defense is playing, this does not look good at all

OrangeUte
11-07-2015, 08:24 PM
This game is brutal. We needed points right before the end of the first half. We are so flat this quarter.

mUUser
11-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Agreed. We should give Kendall a series to jump start this offense

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Time for a Peterson trick play

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:30 PM
Bullshit spot. Pure bullshit.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Bullshit spot. Pure bullshit.

Could turn out to be pivotal.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Pretty weak holding call. Probably a makeup for the spot.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:33 PM
Let's get a sack. Have we had one yet?

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Just turned the game on. Who are these announcers? Do they live in the space needle?

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Thompson please.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Man, this is hard to watch. Still, Utes are in control of their destiny. Just drive down and score a TD. Then play some defense.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Who was TW throwing that ball to?

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 08:43 PM
That wasn't even in the same area code

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:44 PM
What the fuck Wilson?

Put in Thompson. A Rod is terrible, but that is what you get when you fire an OC every year.

LA Ute
Well, now Travis has flipped the two teams' positions and has put Washington in a position to win the game.

U-Ute
Well that was awful

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:45 PM
We were moving the ball pretty steadily. Why throw down the field when you have Travis having a bad night?

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 08:46 PM
Travis is the ultimate tease. He does things like pick up that first down, then he throws one up for grabs when Repp had a step on the inside.

Hot Lunch
11-07-2015, 08:46 PM
I never want to see #7 play quarterback again for this team.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:47 PM
TOs now even. 2 of our 3 by Bad Travis.

mUUser
11-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Throw the ball to the inside of the receiver and he has a chance

LA Ute
Travis is the ultimate tease. He does things like pick up that first down, then he throws one up for grabs when Repp had a step on the inside.

Yep. Consistency. Not there. Never has been.

mpfunk
I never want to see #7 play quarterback again for this team.

I agree. Put in Thompson. Play triple option with Booker and Williams.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 08:50 PM
I agree. Put in Thompson. Play triple option with Booker and Williams.

I saw Thompson against Fresno State. Travis still gives us the best chance to win.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:51 PM
What is our defense doing on third down that allows UW to get big yards? It has been happening all night. That time it was OK because they had 33 yards to go.

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 08:52 PM
What is our defense doing on third down that allows them to get big yards?

That time they were in pure big pass play prevent.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:53 PM
That time they were in pure big pass play prevent.

Good point. It did cost us field position, however.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 08:54 PM
What is our defense doing on third down that allows UW to get big yards? It has been happening all night. That time it was OK because they had 33 yards to go.

That defense was only attempting to keep them from getting 33 yards.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 08:57 PM
That defense was only attempting to keep them from getting 33 yards.

I stand corrected.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 08:58 PM
We may escape from this one.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 09:00 PM
We may escape from this one.

If they can just punch it in on this down.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 09:01 PM
Good Travis showed up for that one play.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 09:03 PM
Isn't that the first real drive is the game for us? Good time for it.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Boom.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 09:07 PM
When that backup came in against Fitts I wondered if he could be taken advantage of.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 09:13 PM
There are no more PAC-12 monkeys for individual teams for us to carry around.

Next monkey to kill, South Division championsip, and playing in The championship game.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Monkey be gone.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 09:15 PM
We won that is all that matters. Now time to beat RichRod

OrangeUte
11-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Thank heavens.

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Ok. The color guy doesn't know the rules. He still thinks the clock stops outside of 2 minutes when you go out of bounds and doesn't know they have allowed the ball to be snapped without the chains set for years.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Ugh, Chase Hansen goes down on the last play.

OrangeUte
Crap. Chase Hansen down.

OrangeUte
Ankle?

Diehard Ute
Chase Hansen down after getting rolled up. Doesn't look good.

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Oh man. Hansen down on the last play. Lotulelei rolls up on his leg. :(

U-Ute
11-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Fuck.

U-Ute
@kylegoon: Radio saying Chase Hansen is being taken off the field on a stretcher

Diehard Ute
Per Riley they're putting a splint on it and he's going off on a stretcher.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 09:23 PM
They have it splinted. Broken?

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 09:25 PM
Chase Hansen down after getting rolled up. Doesn't look good.

There goes our 3rd string QB. I hope it isn't bad, but it looks pretty bad.

AnestheUte
11-07-2015, 09:31 PM
Yay we won.

Eff. Chase Hansen goes down on the last play of the game. So much for playing defense being a great idea.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 09:31 PM
They have it splinted. Broken?

That's my guess from the replay. Even if it's just suspected they'll air splint it.

mpfunk
11-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Yay we won.

Eff. Chase Hansen goes down on the last play of the game. So much for playing defense being a great idea.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

It was a great idea. He is not a QB. He is a special player on defense. This sucks because it setbacks his development at his position.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 09:33 PM
Well, even though they almost drove me crazy doing it, they won, and I am proud of this team. They fought hard and managed to get a win on the road against a good team they hadn't beaten...ever? Now let's win the next three.

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Utes has 100 yards rushing in the 4th quarter and only allows 53 total yards to UW.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Ute fans seem to be pessimistic as a whole. Some especially seem to stand out. But the fact of the matter is we are 8-1 against a top 20 strength of schedule. Games are 60 minutes long. We seem to play poorly during stretches of games, but we have done enough to win over the full 60 minutes 8 times this year.

Looking at the score prediction contest, most didn't think we would score more than 21 points. Our offense is what it is, and this game was against one of the best defenses in the conference.

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Booker now had 1,113 yards on the season. 2,628 for his career.

(4th all time, 2 yards behind Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala)

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 10:01 PM
So...Paul for defensive POW?

The fact that he's not on the Butkus list is a crime.

mUUser
11-07-2015, 10:01 PM
We were lucky in a lot of ways to win this game, but it wasn't all luck. Booker had a great game.

Yeah without Booker we're toast. Travis couldn't hit the ocean with a rock tonight.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Ute fans seem to be pessimistic as a whole. Some especially seem to stand out. But the fact of the matter is we are 8-1 against a top 20 strength of schedule. Games are 60 minutes long. We seem to play poorly during stretches of games, but we have done enough to win over the full 60 minutes 8 times this year.

Looking at the score prediction contest, most didn't think we would score more than 21 points. Our offense is what it is, and this game was against one of the best defenses in the conference.

I guess I will to try harder to be more optimistic. This team finds ways to win ugly. That may not be my favorite way to win games, but a win is a win, and we are eight and one.

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Piper tweet, 34 points is the most put on the board against UW this season

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 10:18 PM
I guess I will to try harder to be more optimistic. This team finds ways to win ugly. That may not be my favorite way to win games, but a win is a win, and we are eight and one.

http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.php?1179-The-Trojans-the-Ducks-the-Bruins-and-all-those-guys-The-PAC-12-rivals-thread&p=64639&viewfull=1#post64639

i don't consider you one of the more pessimistic fans. Many of the most pessimistic don't participate on this site.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 10:25 PM
We had people on here calling for Kendall Thompson. That could only happen in the heat of the moment.

I never came close to that one. Travis is often terrifying. Kendal is always terrifying.

NorthwestUteFan
11-07-2015, 10:29 PM
Chase Hansen going down on the last play of the game was horrible. Poor kid. Did anybody say how bad it was? I tried to tell him he played w great game but he just turned away and winced on pain.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Tweet from Covey:

@brit_covey2: S/O to my best bud Chase Hansen. Tough to lose him to an injury so everyone send prayers his way! Amazing player and an even better person����

NorthwestUteFan
11-07-2015, 10:33 PM
Chase was catching on to the position. But we still need Tevin Carter in there.

Gionni Paul is a special player. He is making a case for greatest LB of all time.

Rocker Ute
11-07-2015, 10:37 PM
I didn't see the play but my brother said his leg was flopping he figured it was a tibia and fibula break.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 10:38 PM
Chase was catching on to the position. But we still need Tevin Carter in there.

Gionni Paul is a special player. He is making a case for greatest LB of all time.

]@matthew_piper: Whittingham said Chase Hansen was being X-rayed, but "it didn't look good." Said Carter was good to go, Hansen simply won the job.

NorthwestUteFan
11-07-2015, 10:45 PM
It was nasty seeing it live.

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 10:46 PM
It's broken. I'm sure they'll wait to confirm that until tomorrow or Monday. But it's broken.

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 10:46 PM
One thing I'll give Travis is that both of his TD runs were very heady decisions and he was a warrior in the way he pulled them off. I loved him hushing the crowd after the last one. His passing was frustrating, but the runs were huge. We needed him to make plays in the 4th, and he did. Still, when he's passing he's the Forrest Gump movie for QBs: Like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

chrisrenrut
11-07-2015, 11:18 PM
@ScottyP30: Booker on their trash talk
"They were saying they were going to hurt me before the games over, it was really ticking me off."
#UTAHvsUW

LA Ute
11-07-2015, 11:22 PM
Facebook person who seems to know Chase says it's a broken ankle and he needs surgery. So he's done for the season.

Diehard Ute
11-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Facebook person who seems to know Chase says it's a broken ankle and he needs surgery. So he's done for the season.

I can't confirm the surgery part but I can confirm it's broken.

SeattleUte
11-07-2015, 11:44 PM
We were lucky in a lot of ways to win this game, but it wasn't all luck. Booker had a great game.

Luck? Not one of those turnovers was lucky. I've been following Washington all year and I've never seen a team so prone to devastating penalties at the wrong time. It cost them the game against Cal.

I was on row 1, 50 yard line, with a good friend who is a Ute alumnus. We had a great time. I was very proud of this team.

Seriously, reading some of the in-game comments here makes me very sad. If this is what following the Utes turns you into maybe you should take a break from this. Or go see a shrink about it. What's the matter with some of you?

We were literally about on the Husky sideline. My wife has been to almost no college games. She mentioned, that after having seen a number of Seahawks games from up as close as we were today (client relations, expense account) that she's astonished at how much smaller and young these college players look. They're not the same species, she said.

I remember last season against Michigan, Travis got his helmet knocked off and he still turned up field to try to get the first down close to the goal line. He came out of the pile with a bloody face. This after coming back from a concussion caused aneurism. That kid makes "tough" pathetically inadequate as a suitable adjective to describe him.

And now we're 8-1, tomorrow we'll be in the top 10, after beating a rising Chris Peterson-coached team in a tough, proud venue with two National Championship banners, in the great Pac 12, and you want our starting quarterback--the horse who brought us here--benched? You call yourselves football experts? Guess what. You're not experts; NOT. But Kyle and his assistants are. I hope you bring the kind of expectations you impose on Kyle Whittingham and Travis Wilson to your own professional and personal lives. You must be incredible human beings if you do.

Jarid in Cedar
11-07-2015, 11:54 PM
I will echo SU. I wish that some is the histrionics that I read would go away.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 12:05 AM
All the Utah TOs were earned. No team has scored as many points against UW this season as Utah did tonight. Those two facts are connected!

As for in-game comments, Sancho's right. The board is virtual room full of fans watching on TV. We live and die with the ups and downs of the team. We care a lot. It's part of the fun, IMO. It's silly to be sad about that, SU.

8-1 feels great. 9-1 will feel even better.

mUUser
11-08-2015, 12:17 AM
.....I hope you bring the kind of expectations you impose on Kyle Whittingham and Travis Wilson to your own professional and personal lives. You must be incredible human beings if you do.

Thank you. I humbly, albeit reluctantly, accept your assessment of my life.:cool:

Utebiquitous
11-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Can I side with both members of the Odd Couple. Yes, the emotion of the game gets to us all but let's be careful criticizing one of, if not the player who defines the toughness of this team. Besides, how much did the rain affect throws tonight? The throw to Repp looked to come of Wilson's hand oddly. LA and others bring up Travis' touchdowns. I also loved a couple of his throws under duress tonight. I love how he kept his poise and hit Handley early in the game and, I think, Covey another time. There does seem to be a good and a bad Travis - and sometimes we see both of him in the same game; but he's our starting quarterback by far and he's one of the toughest Utes to don the uniform.

We are 8-1. Terrific!

justaute
11-08-2015, 12:28 AM
A few of the comments here are starting to get a bit personal -- I guess that's just human-nature and internet. Everyone has opinions, clearly. Many let their emotions get the best of them and use the internet to vent -- not a big deal. I guess that's probably the primary reason I don't post much in online fora -- people just don't acquit themselves very well. People do take this s--t quite seriously. As I browsed on ufn, people just "pick" stats to back-up their position -- no real substance, no depth.

Yes, we won, and I am glad/happy/excited. I think it's also clear that our offense has a lot of issues, and more so than what I had expected. In the final analysis, we are 8-1. The next best thing....9-1.

SeattleUte
11-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Enough of the squabbling amongst us. That last TD drive was nails, wasn't it? It had a redemptive quality. Have you ever noticed how Booker really gets going after 20 carries, when everyone but him is exhausted? Gianni Paul!

Utebiquitous
11-08-2015, 12:31 AM
Amen to Booker. To do that against Washington in Seattle is really something. Tip of the hat to the O'line without Aiono again. They got better as the game went along as well.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 12:32 AM
There does seem to be a good and a bad Travis - and sometimes we see both of him in the same game; but he's our starting quarterback by far and he's one of the toughest Utes to don the uniform.

We are 8-1. Terrific!

I agree 100%. I hope no one thinks I don't. 'Cause I do.

Diehard Ute
11-08-2015, 12:38 AM
Fox (when they weren't butchering the rules) mentioned there a statistical jump in Bookers yards per carry once he hits 15 carries. Dude just gets better when it's later.

SeattleUte
11-08-2015, 12:41 AM
Ute fans REALLY travelled well to this game. During that last Husky drive the stands were basically just red.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 12:44 AM
Enough of the squabbling amongst us. That last TD drive was nails, wasn't it? It had a redemptive quality. Have you ever noticed how Booker really gets going after 20 carries, when everyone but him is exhausted? Gianni Paul!

Paul had a fumble return for a touchdown, an interception (with a pretty long return) and two sacks. 9 tackles, I think. Not a bad night. Wilson had 2 running TDs and about 50 yards rushing. I love the way this team finds ways to make plays even when things aren't going well.

DrumNFeather
11-08-2015, 06:02 AM
I will echo SU. I wish that some is the histrionics that I read would go away.
9 games in...time for folks to get on board no?

Mormon Red Death
11-08-2015, 06:11 AM
Ute fans REALLY travelled well to this game. During that last Husky drive the stands were basically just red.
During the first fg attempt we could hear "block that kick" on tv

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-08-2015, 07:21 AM
Gionni Paul named Walter Camp Player of the Week.

hostile
11-08-2015, 07:36 AM
I can't confirm the surgery part but I can confirm it's broken.

In reviewing how the injury happened, if it is broken it will need surgery.

Diehard Ute
11-08-2015, 08:16 AM
Assuming surgery goes well, this is better than a ligament or tendon in terms of recovery, right?

Word is 4 months

But you just never know. See Tim Patrick.

Ma'ake
11-08-2015, 08:25 AM
Jared Norris is a true warrior, and a *great* captain. Wow.

Symbolic play of the game - Lowell Lotulelei throwing Browning to the turf like a rag doll.

Gionni was incredible, but Tu'ikovolatu's plays were just as instrumental.

The way the defense played, it was really good to have the offense take the air out of the ball late, when we needed it.

Team win.

U-Ute
11-08-2015, 08:29 AM
So...Paul for defensive POW?

An Honorable Mention from KSL in the least.

U-Ute
11-08-2015, 08:33 AM
On the play where Booker plowed the UW LB 5 yards back on his "man's run": the LB was talking all night at Booker about hitting him and pushing him back. Booker saw a chance to dial him up and took it.

U-Ute
11-08-2015, 08:54 AM

It seems to be working for us. Why change a good thing?

Diehard Ute
11-08-2015, 08:58 AM
On the play where Booker plowed the UW LB 5 yards back on his "man's run": the LB was talking all night at Booker about hitting him and pushing him back. Booker saw a chance to dial him up and took it.

As someone else posted, Booker told the media post game UW's players were talking trash all game, specifically saying they wanted to hurt him.

NorthwestUteFan
11-08-2015, 09:11 AM

That play reminded me of Bo Jackson blowing up Brian Bosworth. It was epic.

That last drive was a huge statement. "We dare you to stack the box. We will still run it on every play and humiliate you in the process. We have zero respect for your so-called 'best rushing defense in the PAC'".

The Huskies melted down after that Offensive PI, and the crowd led the charge. The push happened right in front of me and it was blatant. The Huskies never regained their composure after that and I heard plenty of fans after the game say, "Oh well, that's the PAC-12 refs for you..."

Also I think they should have flagged Pita(?) for a PI on that last long drive. But they should have flagged the Husky player for a PI against Repp on the interception in the end zone, so it evened out.

Diehard Ute
11-08-2015, 09:28 AM
So we all know Booker is the best back in the country at gaining yards after contact. We may take that for granted.

Leonard Fournette only gained 31 yards yesterday. Going into that game over 1,000 of his yards came before contact.

Booker is a tough dude. He deserves more national and local respect.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 09:33 AM
That last drive was a huge statement. "We dare you to stack the box. We will still run it on every play and humiliate you in the process. We have zero respect for your so-called 'best rushing defense in the PAC'"

Yes. I love this.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 09:35 AM

SoCalPat
11-08-2015, 09:50 AM
We had all of five plays that went for 20 or more yards, and none of them came on drives that resulted in points. We were only +1 in turnovers. But we ran the ball well, protected Travis (only one sack allowed) and got after Browning for five sacks. You won't win every game with that kind of statline, but you'll never get blown out and you'll win most of them.

Also, COY is either Kyle or Leach. You can make strong arguments for both. I think what Utah is doing and succeeding with in an era of pinball score offenses is nothing short of amazing. We're truly a throwback.

Sullyute
11-08-2015, 10:11 AM
An Honorable Mention from KSL in the least.
Lol. +1

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Jarid in Cedar
11-08-2015, 10:11 AM

If they are not on board by now, they are never getting on. The train left the station about 4 weeks ago.

SeattleUte
11-08-2015, 10:16 AM
we had all of five plays that went for 20 or more yards, and none of them came on drives that resulted in points. We were only +1 in turnovers. But we ran the ball well, protected travis (only one sack allowed) and got after browning for five sacks. You won't win every game with that kind of statline, but you'll never get blown out and you'll win most of them.

Also, coy is either kyle or leach. You can make strong arguments for both. I think what utah is doing and succeeding with in an era of pinball score offenses is nothing short of amazing. We're truly a throwback.

great post.

hostile
11-08-2015, 10:42 AM
Assuming surgery goes well, this is better than a ligament or tendon in terms of recovery, right?
I suspect he has a fracture with ligament injury. 4-6mo recovery but maybe up to a year.

NorthwestUteFan
11-08-2015, 11:07 AM
great post.

P.S. you look great in purple. It really brings out your eyes. :D

We didn't win 'ugly', we won 'with power'. After the tcu - okie state game yesterday I no longer crave a super explosive offense. I love our Defense.

I like what I see in much of the Offense, especially the line and the young WRs.

Travis is a warrior. Period. He is an absolute beast of a running QB. He had some great throws, missed a few reads (Scott twice and Poole once were completely wide open but he forced a throw underneath). The wind aloft was very tricky, an every punt or kick to the Northwest hung and dropped 15 yards short. The pass that was picked off in the end zone hung just like the kicks.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 11:29 AM
Also, COY is either Kyle or Leach. You can make strong arguments for both. I think what Utah is doing and succeeding with in an era of pinball score offenses is nothing short of amazing. We're truly a throwback.

It is Kyle. Leach is a bit gimmicky. With Kyle it's all fundamentals done extremely well with great discipline and physicality, plus coaching up some players with average or slightly above average talent, finding diamonds in the rough, and sticking to a philosophy. Is there any other coach in the USA who's doing anything close? Yeah, we could do better on offense but what he's done is working. This season is the best ride I've had in my life as a Ute fan.

concerned
11-08-2015, 11:42 AM
It is Kyle. Leach is a bit gimmicky. With Kyle it's all fundamentals done extremely well with great discipline and physicality, plus coaching up some players with average or slightly above average talent, finding diamonds in the rough, and sticking to a philosophy. Is there any other coach in the USA who's doing anything close? Yeah, we could do better on offense but what he's done is working. This season is the best ride I've had in my life as a Ute fan.

Not to mention that Leach caught a huge break this year, as did Stanford, because they dont play us.

BTW, even if Troy Williams is all that next year, who is going to be our back up? Hundley? Does he get here in January at least?

Don't anybody bother telling me to knock it off and enjoy the ride this year; I know I'm guilty and can hear your posts already.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Not to mention that Leach caught a huge break this year, as did Stanford, because they dont play us.

BTW, even if Troy Williams is all that next year, who is going to be our back up? Hundley? Does he get here in January at least?

Don't anybody bother telling me to knock it off and enjoy the ride this year; I know I'm guilty and can hear your posts already.

It's perfectly OK to wonder what will happen and even to worry about it. It's what thinking fans do. It is possible to entertain two separate thoughts at the same time, e.g., on the one hand, this is a great and magical year, even if sometimes nerve-wracking and imperfect; and on the other, there will be puzzles to solve in the near future. It's all part of the journey.

I just realized that we've tossed four -- count 'em! -- monkeys off our backs already this season: three wins over teams we hadn't beaten yet (Oregon, ASU, Washington) and one of them against a coach we'd never beaten (Peterson). There are a few more on the list: beating Rich-Rod, winning the South, and winning the PAC-12. All are in reach. This could be a year of six big firsts.

EDIT: All three of those monkey-off-our-backs wins came by double digit margins.

Jarid in Cedar
11-08-2015, 12:08 PM

Williams, Cox, Huntley is how the depth chart will read for the opener.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Williams, Cox, Huntley will be how the depth chart well read for the opener.

I'm optimistic.

UtahsMrSports
11-08-2015, 12:36 PM
I think for me this game was the tipping point, somewhere between Oregon St. and TCU of 2008. I think after last night, I am ready to admit that we can do something really, really cool this year. What that will be, I don't know. But yeah, Im on fully on board now.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 12:44 PM
From the desnews this morning:

Wilson completed 48 percent of his passes on Saturday, which is the lowest completion percentage he's compiled in a game this year and the first time all season he has failed to complete 60 percent or more of his passes. However, the senior finished with an adjusted QBR of 62.5 percent. Utah is 7-0 when Wilson has an adjusted QBR of 50 percent or higher and 1-1 when lower. Though his streak of five-straight games with a passing touchdown ended, Wilson has either thrown or run for a touchdown in all eight games he has played thus far into the season.

The part after "however" is the important part.

Applejack
11-08-2015, 01:02 PM
You can't win a conference title with the worst starting QB in the conference.

Oh yeah?!!?!?!!? Watch us.

Applejack
11-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Oh yeah?!!?!?!!? Watch us.

Great game. I love the Booker! He is a real workhorse. Thoughts:

1. Someone mentioned Gionni Paul as the best LB at the U. If he isn't, he's close. He has owned the line of scrimmage this year. On 3rd or 4th and short he has been devastating. Combine that with how disruptive he is in general (INTs, fumbles, etc) and the guy is an all-america candidate.

2. Too bad about Chase. He was coming into his own at safety. His days as a QB are over, and that has nothing to do with the fluke injury: he is going to be a special player on defense.

3. Some of the criticism of Travis is justified, but some is over the top. There is no one in the country that would look good with our receivers. There were a couple plays in the second half where Travis looked for 1, 2, and 3 options, scrambled and STILL no one was open. A that is with every defense we face going straight up man to man to contain Booker. Now, Travis is no pro prospect, but let's hold off on calling for Kendall Thompson.

4. Those young bucks in the middle (Lotulelei and MOkofisi) are going to be fun to watch over the next two years.

Applejack
11-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Not in terms of absolute starters, but impact starters, yes we lose a TON. (Wilson, Booker, Scott, G Paul, Norris, Fanaika, Etc).

U-Ute
11-08-2015, 01:27 PM

Relevant username.

USS Utah
11-08-2015, 01:29 PM
P.S. you look great in purple. It really brings out your eyes. :D

We didn't win 'ugly', we won 'with power'. After the tcu - okie state game yesterday I no longer crave a super explosive offense. I love our Defense.

I like what I see in much of the Offense, especially the line and the young WRs.

Travis is a warrior. Period. He is an absolute beast of a running QB. He had some great throws, missed a few reads (Scott twice and Poole once were completely wide open but he forced a throw underneath). The wind aloft was very tricky, an every punt or kick to the Northwest hung and dropped 15 yards short. The pass that was picked off in the end zone hung just like the kicks.

Considering the weather, and how effectively Utah was running the ball on that possession, that pass play should never have been called. I know there are some who don't like Utah's "conservative" offensive style, but that play, for me, is exhibit A in favor of that style. Fortunately, UW did not get any points off of that turnover and Utah got it right when they got the ball back, pounding away with Booker to set up the final touchdown.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 01:35 PM
We beat RichRod in 2008.

Whoops. OK, we can beat him for the first time in the PAC-12. Just a small monkey.

Diehard Ute
11-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Great game. I love the Booker! He is a real workhorse. Thoughts:

1. Someone mentioned Gionni Paul as the best LB at the U. If he isn't, he's close. He has owned the line of scrimmage this year. On 3rd or 4th and short he has been devastating. Combine that with how disruptive he is in general (INTs, fumbles, etc) and the guy is an all-america candidate.

2. Too bad about Chase. He was coming into his own at safety. His days as a QB are over, and that has nothing to do with the fluke injury: he is going to be a special player on defense.

3. Some of the criticism of Travis is justified, but some is over the top. There is no one in the country that would look good with our receivers. There were a couple plays in the second half where Travis looked for 1, 2, and 3 options, scrambled and STILL no one was open. A that is with every defense we face going straight up man to man to contain Booker. Now, Travis is no pro prospect, but let's hold off on calling for Kendall Thompson.

4. Those young bucks in the middle (Lotulelei and MOkofisi) are going to be fun to watch over the next two years.

Mokofisi wasn't even there. He's hurt and didn't travel (Neither did Dimick)

A tweeted photo of the O Line post game shows Aiono there, but with s bandage and splint on his right hand.

LA Ute
11-08-2015, 01:38 PM
I can't tell how much is Wilson and how much is the WR corps, but I don't care. Even great teams have weak spots. The passing game is ours.

True. That's the reality. We all might as well just be at peace with it.

concerned
11-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Relevant username.

That's the truth.

NorthwestUteFan
11-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Considering the weather, and how effectively Utah was running the ball on that possession, that pass play should never have been called. I know there are some who don't like Utah's "conservative" offensive style, but that play, for me, is exhibit A in favor of that style. Fortunately, UW did not get any points off of that turnover and Utah got it right when they got the ball back, pounding away with Booker to set up the final touchdown.

I disagree, I loved the play call. It keeps the D honest.

There were a number of times where we had receivers WIDE OPEN downfield, and Travis didn't see them. On one, the secondary was in Man and Poole's defender fell down. It would have been a simple 55 yd TD. Tyrone Smith got wide open a few times as well.

UBlender
11-08-2015, 02:33 PM
I can't tell how much is Wilson and how much is the WR corps, but I don't care. Even great teams have weak spots. The passing game is ours.

It is definitely our weakness, but as far as weaknesses go it's not as bad as many. We have the capability to make enough plays via the passing game (and we generally do) to either keep opposing defenses honest or to punish them for stacking the box.

UBlender
11-08-2015, 02:43 PM
Rewatching Utah's final touchdown drive brings tears to my eyes. It really was a beautiful drive. Poole, Booker, Wilson, Booker, Booker, Booker, Booker, Booker, Wilson. The offensive line played like men on that drive. Has Jackson Barton earned the right to be the full time left tackle? It was probably our most crucial drive of the season so far and it was Barton and not Tevi in there.

On a side note, was anyone else screaming at the TV right before the last touchdown? Utah had 2nd & Goal at the 2, Booker ran it up the middle to about the 1 1/2 and then got pushed back. Somehow the ball was spotted on the 3 for 3rd & Goal. It was such a terrible spot. It almost ended up being a huge swing, would have been if Wilson's butt had hit the turf just shy of the goalline. Of course there were terrible spots all night, including that critical 4th down for Washington.

U-Ute
11-08-2015, 04:03 PM
That's the truth.

I imagine you as being like the Fear character from Inside Out.

Which begs the question to everyone else: which Inside Out character is your Ute fandom?

I'm not sure if MP Funk is closer to Anger or Disgust.

(Guess which movie I have seen 3 times in the last few days)

concerned
11-08-2015, 05:05 PM
I imagine you as being like the Fear character from Inside Out.

Which begs the question to everyone else: which Inside Out character is your Ute fandom?

I'm not sure if MP Funk is closer to Anger or Disgust.

(Guess which movie I have seen 3 times in the last few days)

Yep. That's me.