PDA

View Full Version : KW to get a contract extension...

GarthUte
01-30-2016, 10:35 AM
http://www.utahutes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012916aab.html

Has this already been discussed? If so, apologies for the repeat thread.

KW will be signing a two year extension that will pay him a bit over $3M/year. It's still not in the really big money for college football, but it tells me that Utah is starting to see the benefits of affiliation with a BCS conference. Now Hill just needs to up the pay for assistant coaches so there won't be such a revolving door at the OC position.

UTEopia
01-30-2016, 11:12 AM

KW will be signing a two year extension that will pay him a bit over $3M/year. It's still not in the really big money for college football, but it tells me that Utah is starting to see the benefits of affiliation with a BCS conference. Now Hill just needs to up the pay for assistant coaches so there won't be such a revolving door at the OC position.

I don't think the pay has had anything to do with the revolving door at OC with the possible exception of Ludwig.

Diehard Ute
01-30-2016, 12:11 PM

$3.3 Million. As of last season he'd me #3 in the conference and #30 overall. It's big money.

And I agree with Uteopia, pay at the assistant positions hasn't been the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocker Ute
01-30-2016, 02:52 PM
I'm glad Kyle got his, but seriously, he's 30th in the nation? Coaching salaries have gotten ridiculous, how can this possibly be sustained?

Applejack
01-30-2016, 02:56 PM
I'm glad Kyle got his, but seriously, he's 30th in the nation? Coaching salaries have gotten ridiculous, how can this possibly be sustained?

It's kind of embarrassing actually. The world has gone crazy/

Diehard Ute
01-30-2016, 04:05 PM

Our lowest paid assistant last year made more than the chief medical examiner, governor, attorney general etc etc etc

NorthwestUteFan
01-31-2016, 09:17 AM
Our lowest paid assistant last year made more than the chief medical examiner, governor, attorney general etc etc etc

One of my engineering professors was responsible for bringing in a long-term, cutting-edge research project to the U which was worth approx $174M. His salary was well below that of the position coaches.

The coach salary arms race is proof of our misplaced priorities.

sancho
01-31-2016, 12:39 PM

While I agree that coaches are overpaid, I don't think any of the people in this list should make a ton either.

Diehard Ute
01-31-2016, 02:54 PM
While I agree that coaches are overpaid, I don't think any of the people in this list should make a ton either.

They don't. Most are between $90K to $150K.

It's interesting to note school superintendents in Utah often make more than $200K

LA Ute
01-31-2016, 03:54 PM
One of my engineering professors was responsible for bringing in a long-term, cutting-edge research project to the U which was worth approx $174M. His salary was well below that of the position coaches.

The coach salary arms race is proof of our misplaced priorities.

I think it is a market thing. Employers pay what they need to pay in order to secure the employees they want.

Dwight Schr-Ute
02-25-2016, 02:45 PM
Kyle's contract details released. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=38650626&nid=635&title=details-of-whittinghams-17m-contract-extension-released

Question, what would an appearance wage cover? Because it seems like it pays more than actual coaching football.

Diehard Ute
02-25-2016, 02:49 PM
Kyle's contract details released. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=38650626&nid=635&title=details-of-whittinghams-17m-contract-extension-released

Question, what would an appearance wage cover? Because it seems like it pays more than actual coaching football.

I wish he'd attached the actual contract. Cause the way he wrote the article it's hard to tell what's what.

Dwight Schr-Ute
02-25-2016, 02:55 PM
I wish he'd attached the actual contract. Cause the way he wrote the article it's hard to tell what's what.

True. Of all the people able to write an article about contracts, Furlong is probably at the bottom of the list.

Dwight Schr-Ute
03-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Kyle invites the Utah Legislature to "Audit this" today up on the other hill.

Diehard Ute
03-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Kyle invites the Utah Legislature to "Audit this" today up on the other hill.

They invited Kyle and Sitake.

Sitake posted pictures of a certificate he was given by the Attorney General's office for his dedication to athletics and academics and for being an ambassador of Utah.

Strange the coaches of USU, WSU and SUU weren't there. They actually do represent the state of Utah.

LA Ute
03-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Strange the coaches of USU, WSU and SUU weren't there. They actually do represent the state of Utah.

:rofl:

Scorcho
03-03-2016, 07:06 PM
I can't be the only one thinking, I hope one of those pockets holds a detailed receipt of that jacket and that Kyle would have been better served wearing a well-worn suit from Mr. Mac :)

NorthwestUteFan
03-03-2016, 07:40 PM
I can't be the only one thinking, I hope one of those pockets holds a detailed receipt of that jacket and that Kyle would have been better served wearing a well-worn suit from Mr. Mac :)
Swedish Knit, baby!