PDA

View Full Version : The Benefits of Being Extremely Negative and Critical During Offseason

Moose
08-20-2016, 12:36 AM
I've found that my negative and hyper-critical attitude towards Utah football during the offseason leads to a win-win situation during the season.

I've spent the offseason complaining about how Coach Whittingham has once again botched the QB position to the point where we're once again in the same spot we were in 2009; an unproven undersized JC QB as starter with an even more undersized and unproven true freshman as backup. What's worse is in 2016, we know that in five seasons in the PAC 12, we have yet to make it through the season without needing to start the backup QB due to injury. So we're virtually guaranteed to see Huntley, a 180 lb 18 year old starting a PAC 12 game this year. That worked out great for Wynn vs TCU in 2009.

I've also complained extensively about how we've moved so many athletes from offense to defense that our WR position looks like a dumpster fire compared to other PAC 12 teams, while we have proven upperclassmen sitting the bench at both the cornerback and safety positions.

Kool-aid drinkers and pollyannas question my fan-hood and argue with me. When we lose, I get satisfaction in telling these pollyannas that I was right. When we win, I get the satisfaction of rubbing it in our opponents' fans' faces that we beat them without even trying on offense. It's a win-win. I'm very entertained by either outcome.

Moose
08-21-2016, 12:37 AM
The coaches should always feel ashamed when players perform better in the NFL than they did in college. Steve Smith, Anthony Denham, and now Kendall Thompson...we're pathetic at coaching the WR position.