PDA

View Full Version : Pac-12 Survivor Pool: 2016

Pages : [1] 2

Applejack
08-24-2016, 09:08 AM
Welcome back to the betting competition that takes no money, talent, or time! Returning champ Drum'N'Feather tries to repeat but he's screwed as all the previous winners are in the eastern time zone! OrangeUte and I are in this to win this!

The same rules apply as last year:

(1) you have to pick one Pac-12 winner each week (you have to pick a Pac-12 team to win its game)
(2) you can only choose one particular team to win once during the season (i.e. if you pick Colorado in week 1 you can't choose them ever again)
(3) you can only select against each team once during the season (i.e. the Colorado rule; once you pick against a team they can't pick against them again)
(4) FBS teams only. If SUU is involved, no good.
(5) Your selection must be entered before the game you pick in has kicked off. Thus, Cal plays Hawaii this Friday (in Sydney, Australia!) but unless you are picking the Bears you don't have to submit your entry by Friday.

Remember, you are keeping track of who you picked to win each game and who you picked to lose. Let the fun begin!

Here is this weeks slate of games:

Hawaii v. Cal (in Australia) (Fri Aug 26)
Oregon State at Minnesota (Thurs Sep 1)
Coloradov. Colorado St. (in Denver) (Fri Sep 2)
Kansas State at Stanford (Fri Sep 2)
Rutgers at Washington
UCLA at Texas A&M
Alabama v. USC (in Texas)
BYU v. Arizona (in Phoenix)

Everyone else has a FCS opponent: Utah, Oregon, ASU, Washington State

Good luck!

NorthwestUteFan
08-24-2016, 09:16 AM
The PAC will start out 10-2 this week (hopefully). I am excited for football season to start!

Week 1: Arizona.

Come on RichRod and the Mildcats, don't disappoint! Crush the Mountain Kitties from Provo!

chrisrenrut
08-24-2016, 09:17 AM
Cal

DrumNFeather
08-24-2016, 09:24 AM
I look forward to defending my crown.

Give me the Cal Bears.

Mormon Red Death
08-24-2016, 11:07 AM
Cal

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Senioritis
08-24-2016, 11:08 AM
I will take los Osos de California de Santa Maria de Redondo Laguna don Jose Cuervo.

sancho
08-24-2016, 11:12 AM
Colorado Ralphies.

Scratch
08-24-2016, 11:15 AM
Cal. Which guarantees a victory for the Rainbow Warriors.

concerned
08-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Cal

mpfunk
08-24-2016, 11:18 AM
I wonder if I can actually get past the first week this time. I'm really tempted by the fighting RichRods, but I'm going with Cal to hopefully get to the 2nd week this year.

Brian
08-24-2016, 11:40 AM
Cal

Anywhere but BYU
08-24-2016, 01:43 PM
I want Cal as well. I toyed with taking Colorado, but I need a first week win.

chrisrenrut
08-24-2016, 02:01 PM
Cal. Which guarantees a victory for the Rainbow Warriors.

I revisited last year's thread, and Hawaii knocked out a bunch of people early on when they beat Colorado in Hawaii. And then they were so bad afterwards that the coaching staff was fired. Let's hope Cal is stronger, although they do have about 2,300 more miles to travel to Australia than Hawaii does.

Applejack
08-25-2016, 06:22 AM
What a start to this year's contest! Nearly all of the board likes cal and senioritis made an eligible pick. Great job.

Where is huskynorthwestfan?

hostile
08-25-2016, 07:46 AM
Colorado (once again, I will be out after the first week)

sancho
08-25-2016, 08:37 AM

Hey, we're in the final four after hawaii upsets cal on the (big big) island.

concerned
08-25-2016, 08:37 AM
What a start to this year's contest! Nearly all of the board likes cal and senioritis made an eligible pick. Great job.

Is Cal loses, you will have to start a new contest beginning the second week, because there wont be enough people left in this one to make it any fun.

sancho
08-25-2016, 08:40 AM
Is Cal loses, you will have to start a new contest beginning the second week, because there wont be enough people left in this one to make it any fun.

It'll be fun for hostile, sancho, and northwest.

Senioritis
08-25-2016, 08:46 AM

Up your butt and around the corner.

Applejack
08-25-2016, 09:45 AM
In spite of my anti-UW diatribe in the other thread, I proudly proclaim the UW Huskers ​to be my first Pac-12 pick.

UtahsMrSports
08-25-2016, 01:24 PM
Cal

NorthwestUteFan
08-25-2016, 05:40 PM
I thought that Hawaii game last year was the surest chance they had to win a game. I just couldn't see being forced to pick Colorado in any other week. They stunk it up.

Sullyute
08-25-2016, 06:40 PM

Sullyute
08-25-2016, 06:42 PM
Colorado

LA Ute
08-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Cal.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
08-26-2016, 12:04 AM
I'll go with the group think and pick Cal. I really want to pick Colorado, but I'm chicken.

Go Bears!

Applejack
08-26-2016, 05:22 AM
I'll go with the group think and pick Cal. I really want to pick Colorado, but I'm chicken.

Go Bears!
Picking Colorado is like playing with matches: it's not really dangerous but everyone agrees that it is stupid.

Applejack
08-26-2016, 06:07 AM
Calling all posters (and lurkers). The best contest of the year starts tonight and the entrance fee is $0.00.

(You can still enter for up to a week; you just can't pick cal this week after today).

NorthwestUteFan
08-26-2016, 07:39 AM
Picking Colorado is like playing with matches: it's not really dangerous but everyone agrees that it is stupid.
But it is also a necessity at some point, and nobody wants to get forced to pick CU against Stanford or UCLA.

sancho
08-26-2016, 07:57 AM
But it is also a necessity at some point, and nobody wants to get forced to pick CU against Stanford or UCLA.

You can always pick them in boulder vs OSU. No, picking CU right now is a bold declaration of superior football insight, a warning shot to the cal boys that there are men present.

chrisrenrut
08-26-2016, 08:33 AM

It never really is a necessity, unless you make it to the later weeks of the contest. Anyone picking them early last year was out in week 1.

NorthwestUteFan
08-26-2016, 09:23 AM
It never really is a necessity, unless you make it to the later weeks of the contest. Anyone picking them early last year was out in week 1.
You have to be wary of the long game, and picking CU over Hawaii was as close to a lock as possible for their entire season.

But congrats to Coach Chow for getting a big win for the year.

Utah
08-26-2016, 11:27 AM
Colorado

Applejack
08-26-2016, 11:52 AM

That's assuming that we exhaust all teams. Thus far in this contest, picking a 20 point upset has been the least of my worries.

Applejack
08-26-2016, 11:55 AM
summing up the picks thus far:

UW
Applejack

Colorado
Sancho
Hostile
Sullyute
Utah

Arizona
NorthwestUteFan (note: this is NOT HuskyFreeNorthWest)

Cal
Christrenrut
Drum N Feather
Mormon Red Death
Senioritis
Scratch
Concerned
Mpfunk
Brian
UtahMrSports
Anwhere but BYU
LAUTE
HuskyFreeNW

tooblue
08-26-2016, 12:01 PM
Oregon State

Applejack
08-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Oregon State

Actually, this is a good choice for you: they play in Minnesota so chances are you can pick up the game on the local station. Enjoy!

Senioritis
08-26-2016, 12:12 PM
Actually, this is a good choice for you: they play in Minnesota so chances are you can pick up the game on the local station. Enjoy!

And if not, should be able to get updates via the ham radio.

DrumNFeather
08-26-2016, 12:23 PM

If the Beavs can win that one, it might just give TooBlue the inside track.

tooblue
08-26-2016, 12:25 PM

And if not, should be able to get updates via the ham radio.
Interestingly, the BTN is available on Direct TV—that's a nationwide U.S. Satellite tv provider isn't it? So, cool, I can watch that game if I want.

Applejack
08-26-2016, 12:25 PM
If the Beavs can win that one, it might just give TooBlue the inside track.

Nah, Stanford, UCLA, Arizona St, Arizona, Utah, UW, and USC are unpalatable to ToolBlue because they are bigots. He'd probably pick Washington State in week 2 and then forfeit the rest of the games.

Applejack
08-26-2016, 12:27 PM
Interestingly, the BTN is available on Direct TV—that's a nationwide U.S. Satellite tv provider isn't it? So, cool, I can watch that game if I want.

Tsk, tsk. Keep searching your local listings.

tooblue
08-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Nah, Stanford, UCLA, Arizona St, Arizona, Utah, UW, and USC are unpalatable to ToolBlue because they are bigots. He'd probably pick Washington State in week 2 and then forfeit the rest of the games.

Nah, maybe, mostly just Stanford and Cal. And I think my pick is a good one, cause we all know the PAC12 owns Thursday nights.

tooblue
08-26-2016, 12:31 PM
Tsk, tsk. Keep searching your local listings.

I got my grey-market satellite dish baby. And you do know that I live closer to you than to Minnesota right?

Applejack
08-26-2016, 01:40 PM
I got my grey-market satellite dish baby. And you do know that I live closer to you than to Minnesota right?

Frankly, all I know is that Minnesota is in the middle of the country, right by North Dakota and Oklahoma.

DrumNFeather
08-26-2016, 01:51 PM
Frankly, all I know is that Minnesota is in the middle of the country, right by North Dakota and Oklahoma.

Their coach retired...right?

Applejack
08-26-2016, 01:56 PM

No, Oregon State's defensive coordinator was "let go"; he did not retire.

tooblue
08-26-2016, 01:58 PM

I think he had to ... the seizures were just too debilitating.

NorthwestUteFan
08-26-2016, 02:45 PM
I think he had to ... the seizures were just too debilitating.
I think the former Oregon State DC saying that his players were 'too f@&#ing stupid to understand his Defense' didn't help matters in Corvallis either.

UBlender
08-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Cal. I figure if they lose then the majority of us will just start a do-over pool so we have nothing to lose.

Utah
08-26-2016, 02:54 PM
No, Oregon State's defensive coordinator was "let go"; he did not retire.

I found it funny how hard Gary Andersen pimped Kalani going to BYU. I get that you should help people move up, but...it almost seemed liked Gary was ok, almost hopeful Kalani would get the job.

NorthwestUteFan
08-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Part of a coach's "caché" is his ability to develop coaches and to build a coaching tree. If a coach can build up his assistants to become HC's he will be seen as more capable. Especially if they are successful and run a good program.

This is actually a great skill for managers at every level.

SoCalPat
08-26-2016, 05:41 PM
(3) you can only select against each team once during the season (i.e. the Colorado rule; once you pick against a team they can't pick against them again)

Does this apply to non-conference teams as well? Could I pick Arizona in Week 1, and Utah in Week 2, since they both play BYU?

Applejack
08-27-2016, 06:28 AM
Does this apply to non-conference teams as well? Could I pick Arizona in Week 1, and Utah in Week 2, since they both play BYU?
Ah, good question socal. Usually, we say once per year per team. for instance, Idaho is on a lot of schedules this year; you can only choose against them once. However, I am willing to make exceptions for byu. If you want to pick against the cougs in weeks 1, 2, and 3, knock yourself out.

concerned
08-27-2016, 08:12 AM
Ah, good question socal. Usually, we say once per year per team. for instance, Idaho is on a lot of schedules this year; you can only choose against them once. However, I am willing to make exceptions for byu. If you want to pick against the cougs in weeks 1, 2, and 3, knock yourself out.

Can you pick Idaho state? I thought they were fcs, big sky. Wrong?

Does this contest assume a winner before season end, since there are 13 weeks and only 12 teams to be picked no more than once? What happens if it comes down to the final week?

Applejack
08-27-2016, 11:17 AM
Can you pick Idaho state? I thought they were fcs, big sky. Wrong?

Does this contest assume a winner before season end, since there are 13 weeks and only 12 teams to be picked no more than once? What happens if it comes down to the final week?
First, no picking Idaho state. They are, as you note, fcs. Idaho, on the other hand, is fbs.

Second, we have never reached week 13. In fact, I'm not sure we've reached week 8.

concerned
08-27-2016, 12:55 PM
First, no picking Idaho state. They are, as you note, fcs. Idaho, on the other hand, is fbs.

Second, we have never reached week 13. In fact, I'm not sure we've reached week 8.

Sorry. I read your post to say Idaho State because both the Buffs and the beavers play them.

SoCalPat
08-27-2016, 01:13 PM
I'm taking Washington.

OrangeUte
08-27-2016, 01:42 PM
i friggin' LOVE this game!!!!!

My week 1 pick is Colorado.

Applejack
08-27-2016, 03:06 PM
i friggin' LOVE this game!!!!!

My week 1 pick is Colorado.

Great to have you. Too bad you'll be done after 1 game :(

Scorcho
08-27-2016, 06:49 PM
I will take the Huskies

Applejack
08-30-2016, 08:36 AM
The picks so far:

UW
Applejack
SoCalPat
Scorcho

Colorado
Sancho
OrangeUte
Hostile
Sullyute
Utah

Oregon St
Toolblue

Arizona
NorthwestUteFan

Cal
Christrenrut
Drum N Feather
Mormon Red Death
Senioritis
Scratch
Concerned
Mpfunk
Brian
UtahMrSports
Anwhere but BYU
LAUTE
HuskyFreeNW

Cmon you slackers! We need more people to ensure that we make it to week 8!

UBlender
08-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Refer to post #50 in this thread. I picked Cal, yo.

The picks so far:

UW
Applejack
SoCalPat
Scorcho

Colorado
Sancho
OrangeUte
Hostile
Sullyute
Utah

Oregon St
Toolblue

Arizona
NorthwestUteFan

Cal
Christrenrut
Drum N Feather
Mormon Red Death
Senioritis
Scratch
Concerned
Mpfunk
Brian
UtahMrSports
Anwhere but BYU
LAUTE
HuskyFreeNW

wally
08-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Hmmmm...... Lemme take UW!

Applejack
08-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Updated:

UW
Wally
Applejack
SoCalPat
Scorcho

Colorado
Sancho
OrangeUte
Hostile
Sullyute
Utah

Oregon St
Toolblue

Arizona
NorthwestUteFan

Cal
Ublender
Christrenrut
Drum N Feather
Mormon Red Death
Senioritis
Scratch
Concerned
Mpfunk
Brian
UtahMrSports
Anwhere but BYU
LAUTE
HuskyFreeNW

Cmon you slackers! We need more people to ensure that we make it to week 8![/QUOTE]

redastheycome
08-30-2016, 11:35 AM
Oh, very well. I'll take Colorado.

The picks so far:

UW
Applejack
SoCalPat
Scorcho

Colorado
Sancho
OrangeUte
Hostile
Sullyute
Utah

Oregon St
Toolblue

Arizona
NorthwestUteFan

Cal
Christrenrut
Drum N Feather
Mormon Red Death
Senioritis
Scratch
Concerned
Mpfunk
Brian
UtahMrSports
Anwhere but BYU
LAUTE
HuskyFreeNW

Applejack
08-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Oh, very well. I'll take Colorado.

Careful, you might double your posts in this contest!

Rocker Ute
08-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Put me down for UW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeUte
08-31-2016, 10:59 AM
haha! not this year my friend. I want to reclaim my championship.

Great to have you. Too bad you'll be done after 1 game :(

UTEopia
08-31-2016, 11:28 AM
Colorado. I would love to pick Arizona, but after hearing about how bad the defense is from a guy on the radio, I am seriously doubting that Arizona will beat BYU.

DrumNFeather
08-31-2016, 11:48 AM
Colorado. I would love to pick Arizona, but after hearing about how bad the defense is from a guy on the radio, I am seriously doubting that Arizona will beat BYU.

I heard that too. Some media guy really doubts the wildcat defense. It makes me sad now, but hopefully will make me happy on 10/8.

Given Arizona's recent success against our defense, primarily lead by Sitake, this will be a very interesting game on both sides of the ball really. I'll be interested to see if BYU's D can slow down Arizona's offense. I expect a pretty high scoring game here from both squads, and a blueprint handed to our coaches for how to beat each team.

UTEopia
08-31-2016, 11:55 AM
I like your optimism, but I'm not sure about Arizona's offense. BYU has a pretty good defense, and their strength is run defense. Plus, who knows what Anu Solomon will be like. I could see zona really struggling to score.

I agree. BYU's defense will be better than most Ute fans want to acknowledge. I'm thinking BYU wins this game 42-27.

Applejack
08-31-2016, 11:55 AM
I heard that too. Some media guy really doubts the wildcat defense. It makes me sad now, but hopefully will make me happy on 10/8.

Given Arizona's recent success against our defense, primarily lead by Sitake, this will be a very interesting game on both sides of the ball really. I'll be interested to see if BYU's D can slow down Arizona's offense. I expect a pretty high scoring game here from both squads, and a blueprint handed to our coaches for how to beat each team.

I like your optimism, but I'm not sure about Arizona's offense. BYU has a pretty good defense, and their strength is run defense. Plus, who knows what Anu Solomon will be like. I could see zona really struggling to score.

Take this crap to the IWannaQuitYou thread. This is for Pac-12 picks!

redastheycome
08-31-2016, 12:10 PM
Touche.

Careful, you might double your posts in this contest!

DrumNFeather
08-31-2016, 12:16 PM

Here's what I know...we had a pretty good defense last year and Arizona put up 450 yards on us in that 2 OT victory. If you are asking me whether or not I think BYU's defense is better than that, especially without that one run-stuffer guy and the LB that probably won't play, the answer is no, I don't. Now, BYU may still win that game, but my whole point was that I am very much interested to see how BYU's D does against Arizona's offense, particularly given that we have struggled vs. them.

Sorry AJ.

Utah
08-31-2016, 12:28 PM
I agree. BYU's defense will be better than most Ute fans want to acknowledge. I'm thinking BYU wins this game 42-27.

I'm not sure why everyone thinks BYU's defense will be that amazing. They lost Tuiloma, who was a monster last year. And their defense fell apart when he was out. They lost Kaufusi. They moved Langi to DE. Actually, they moved him to a hybrid DE/OLB and they are playing a mix between a 4-3 and a 3-4 due to the lack of defensive ends. The LB group is very thin as well, with only one proven guy in Warner. As much as people like to say how they stress about Utah's LB'ers, look at BYU's:

Bernard - he was a RB
Pau'u - completely unproven. hasn't done anything
Warner - complete stud. Amazing LB'er.

If you were to give me BYU's DL and LB's or Utah's...it's Utah's and it's not even close. Warner is the only kid that would start for us.

They are starting a true freshman at CB and their best safety is Kai Nacua...and is listed as a co-starter in their depth chart.

And we haven't even mentioned that Bronco is gone. They guy is vastly underrated. What he did with BYU's defense is nothing short of a miracle. He is a great defensive mind.

So, I don't think BYU's defense will be all worldly bad...but it won't be as good. Bronson Kaufusi was extremely underrated (he single handidly shut down Utah) and Tuiloma will be missed big time. Him being out another month is a HUGE blow to BYU.

The Arizona game will be a shootout. It wouldn't shock me if that game takes 4 hours and ends up in the 40's for both teams.

Utah
08-31-2016, 12:35 PM
Here's what I know...we had a pretty good defense last year and Arizona put up 450 yards on us in that 2 OT victory. If you are asking me whether or not I think BYU's defense is better than that, especially without that one run-stuffer guy and the LB that probably won't play, the answer is no, I don't. Now, BYU may still win that game, but my whole point was that I am very much interested to see how BYU's D does against Arizona's offense, particularly given that we have struggled vs. them.

Sorry AJ.

What the heck is it with us and Arizona? Why do we suck so badly defensively vs them? Is it because they have us figured out? Or is it because they work so fast, they get more opportunities with their offense and our offense sucks so badly that we give it back to them too many times?

Would an offense that can actually attack their weak defense make our defense look amazing vs them?

Applejack
08-31-2016, 12:50 PM
Updated in order to cleanse this thread of byu/arizona shenanigans:

UW
Wally
RockerUte
Applejack
SoCalPat
Scorcho

Colorado
Sancho
redastheycome
OrangeUte
Hostile
Sullyute
Utah
Uteopia

Oregon St
Toolblue

Arizona
NorthwestUteFan

Cal
Ublender
Christrenrut
Drum N Feather
Mormon Red Death
Senioritis
Scratch
Concerned
Mpfunk
Brian
UtahMrSports
Anwhere but BYU
LAUTE
HuskyFreeNW

Tomorrow I start calling out people by name. For shame!

NorthwestUteFan
08-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Tooblue and I may be done after this weekend. It will have been fun while it lasted, again...

mpfunk
08-31-2016, 02:09 PM
I made it to week 2 for the first time in this contest. Thank you Cal.

Applejack
09-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Updated: Good effort Toolblue. Too bad you can't watch the game next week either :(

UW
Wally
RockerUte
Applejack
SoCalPat
Scorcho

Colorado
Sancho
redastheycome
OrangeUte
Hostile
Sullyute
Utah
Uteopia

Oregon St
Toolblue

Arizona
NorthwestUteFan

Cal
Ublender
Christrenrut
Drum N Feather
Mormon Red Death
Senioritis
Scratch
Concerned
Mpfunk
Brian
UtahMrSports
Anwhere but BYU
LAUTE
HuskyFreeNW

Applejack
09-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Paging U-Ute, Diehard, SeattleUte, Dwight Schrute, Solon, Sully, USS, Justaute, TwoUtes, Garth, Utahdan (do they still post), and Maake. This is the last day to get in on the extreme fun!

eldiente
09-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Colorado

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Applejack
09-05-2016, 06:22 AM
Great first week. Nearly everyone advances. On to week 2.

UW
Wally
RockerUte
Applejack
SoCalPat
Scorcho

Colorado
Sancho
redastheycome
OrangeUte
Hostile
Sullyute
Utah
Uteopia
Eldiente

Oregon St
Toolblue

Arizona
NorthwestUteFan

Cal
Ublender
Christrenrut
Drum N Feather
Mormon Red Death
Senioritis
Scratch
Concerned
Mpfunk
Brian
UtahMrSports
Anwhere but BYU
LAUTE
HuskyFreeNW

DrumNFeather
09-05-2016, 07:52 AM
Week 2....give me :utes:

Applejack
09-05-2016, 08:27 AM
Games this week:

Utah state @ usc
Idaho @ Washington
Byu @ Utah
unlv @ ucla
Texas tech @ Arizona state
Washington st @ Boise state
Cal @ sdsu
Uva @ Oregon

Fcs opponents: Colorado and Arizona

chrisrenrut
09-05-2016, 08:55 AM
Utah fan rooting guide: Go USU, UW, Utah, UNLV, TTech, Boise St, SDSU, and Oregon.

Devildog was right, you make no sense.

chrisrenrut
09-05-2016, 09:01 AM
I'm picking Oregon. I accept any ridicule for not picking Utah, I would rather save the Utes for a later week.

NorthwestUteFan
09-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Stupid Mildcats.

Scratch
09-05-2016, 12:15 PM
Asu

NorthwestUteFan
09-05-2016, 12:16 PM
What happens if everyone in the conference goes about 6-6, and we win the conference, but go to the Cactus Bowl because the whole conference was so shitty? We need everybody to win their OOC games in convincing fashion.

Except USC. Because screw them. Go Aggies.

SoCalPat
09-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Games this week:

Utah state @ usc
Idaho @ Washington
Byu @ Utah
unlv @ ucla
Cal @ sdsu
Uva @ Oregon

Tempted to go with Cal, but this contest is too fun to risk going out early. I'm taking Oregon.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-05-2016, 06:05 PM
Week 2-Washington

Mormon Red Death
09-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Week 2 ucla

Utah
09-05-2016, 07:30 PM
Games this week:

Utah state @ usc
Idaho @ Washington
Byu @ Utah
unlv @ ucla
Cal @ sdsu
Uva @ Oregon

So, I'm dumb (as if you haven't already realized). I picked Colorado last week. So, I can no longer pick Colorado, correct? And I can't pick the same opponent twice, so theoretically, I can't pick CSU again, correct?

Mormon Red Death
09-05-2016, 07:31 PM
So, I'm dumb (as if you haven't already realized). I picked Colorado last week. So, I can no longer pick Colorado, correct? And I can't pick the same opponent twice, so theoretically, I can't pick CSU again, correct?
You can't pick against csu again

Utah
09-05-2016, 09:41 PM
What happens if everyone in the conference goes about 6-6, and we win the conference, but go to the Cactus Bowl because the whole conference was so shitty? We need everybody to win their OOC games in convincing fashion.

Except USC. Because screw them. Go Aggies.

I'd LOVE for everyone to go 6-6 and we go 7-6 and go to the Rose Bowl. Until we win a conference title, until we win a Rose Bowl, until we are left out of the playoffs due to our conference sucking, there is NO reason to root for any other PAC-12 team.

I hope they all lose every game they play in...or are upset.

Sullyute
09-06-2016, 05:31 AM
I am taking Cal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

chrisrenrut
09-06-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm picking Oregon. I accept any ridicule for not picking Utah, I would rather save the Utes for a later week.

I hereby change my week 2 pick to USC. I finally looked at the schedules more than a week out, and realized I need to save Oregon for a future week.

redastheycome
09-06-2016, 10:33 AM
Give me ASU.

Games this week:

Utah state @ usc
Idaho @ Washington
Byu @ Utah
unlv @ ucla
Cal @ sdsu
Uva @ Oregon

Applejack
09-06-2016, 10:39 AM
Utah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Applejack
09-06-2016, 10:41 AM
​The picks for week 2, thusfar:

Utah
DrumNFeather
Sancho
Applejack

Oregon
SoCalPat

ASU
Scratch
Redastheycome

UW
Husky Free Northwest

UCLA
Mormon Red Death

Cal
Sully

USC
Chrisenrut

Senioritis
09-06-2016, 11:03 AM
The University of Utah 3rd quarter break tradition forcers!

UtahsMrSports
09-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Utah!!

eldiente
09-06-2016, 01:35 PM
Washington State

Scorcho
09-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Bama's Chew toy, aka USC

chrisrenrut
09-06-2016, 01:50 PM
Washington State

Risky pick. I hope you are right, despite Sancho's guidance.

Anywhere but BYU
09-06-2016, 02:34 PM
I want Helton's Humble Pie Eaters. As much as I'd love to see the Aggies win . . . Stanford is going to roll them then next week. I hope they come in here bruised and beaten already. (not counting on it though)

mpfunk
09-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Utah.

Rocker Ute
09-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Utah

OrangeUte
09-06-2016, 03:54 PM
Washington for me

UTEopia
09-06-2016, 05:23 PM
Usc

LA Ute
09-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Usc

hostile
09-07-2016, 08:14 AM
Usc

Applejack
09-08-2016, 07:09 AM
Updated. ​The picks for week 2, thusfar:

Utah
DrumNFeather
Senioritis
UtahMrSports
Sancho
Applejack
Funk
Rocker

Oregon
SoCalPat

ASU
Scratch
Redastheycome

UW
Husky Free Northwest
OrangeUte

UCLA
Mormon Red Death

Cal
Sully

USC
Chrisenrut
Scorcho
AnywhereButByu
Hostile
LaUte
Utopia

Washington St
Eldiente

There are a lot of posters still out there that have not made a pick. T minus 2 days...

concerned
09-08-2016, 09:33 AM
Not having played before, I keep going back and forth, as to which team I might need later: USC or Oregon, USC or Oregon. I decided I don't understand the strategy well enough to decide. So I flipped a coin:

USC this week.

wally
09-08-2016, 12:24 PM
Utah

Utah
09-08-2016, 03:14 PM
I'm looking through this, and where in the heck am I supposed to pick Oregon State?!? Holy cow. I can't pick ISU. I don't think they take Boise St. Arizona? That may be their most winnable game. Holy crap, Gary Andersen, work your freaking magic.

concerned
09-08-2016, 04:32 PM
I'm looking through this, and where in the heck am I supposed to pick Oregon State?!? Holy cow. I can't pick ISU. I don't think they take Boise St. Arizona? That may be their most winnable game. Holy crap, Gary Andersen, work your freaking magic.

You are never going to pick Oregon State. Nobody is. (Tooblue made that mistake last week. Nobody will repeat it.)

We will all get to the final week of the season, and have to pick Oregon State to beat Oregon. We will all lose, and tie.

Utah
09-08-2016, 04:43 PM
You are never going to pick Oregon State. Nobody is. (Tooblue made that mistake last week. Nobody will repeat it.)

We will all get to the final week of the season, and have to pick Oregon State to beat Oregon. We will all lose, and tie.

I'm going to pray like crazy that their QB looks good, then pick them over WSU. Right? Right?!?

Applejack
09-09-2016, 08:38 PM
Ok slackers, get your picks in.

Brian
09-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Usc

UBlender
09-09-2016, 09:56 PM
Southern Cal

Applejack
09-10-2016, 09:06 AM
Updated. ​The picks for week 2, thusfar:

Utah
DrumNFeather
Senioritis
UtahMrSports
Sancho
Applejack
Funk
Wally
Rocker

Oregon
SoCalPat

ASU
Scratch
Redastheycome

UW
Husky Free Northwest
OrangeUte

UCLA
Mormon Red Death

Cal
Sully

USC
Chrisenrut
Scorcho
AnywhereButByu
Hostile
LaUte
Utopia
Concerned
Ublender
Brian
Utah

Washington St
Eldiente

The smart money seems to be breaking for usc this morning.

Utah
09-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Usc

Sullyute
09-11-2016, 05:46 AM
Thanks Cal! 😠😠😠

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Applejack
09-12-2016, 07:02 AM
OK, we are slowly culling the weak. Results from this week:

Utah
DrumNFeather
Senioritis
UtahMrSports
Sancho
Applejack
Funk
Wally
Rocker

Oregon
SoCalPat

ASU
Scratch
Redastheycome

UW
Husky Free Northwest
OrangeUte

UCLA
Mormon Red Death

Cal
Sully

USC
Chrisenrut
Scorcho
AnywhereButByu
Hostile
LaUte
Utopia
Concerned
Ublender
Brian
Utah

Washington St
Eldiente

Last week of mostly preseason games. Good luck.

Applejack
09-12-2016, 07:10 AM
Games this week:

Arizona State at University of Texas at San Antonio
Idaho at Washington State
Oregon at Nebraska
Colorado at Michigan
USC at Stanford
UCLA at BYU
Texas at cal
Utah at San Jose State
Hawaii at Arizona

FCS opponents: Oregon State, Washington

P.S. Next week I'll list which teams you have picked and which teams you have picked against, but this week I don't have time. For this week I am trusting you to remember.

DrumNFeather
09-12-2016, 07:16 AM
Give me Wazzu.

hostile
09-12-2016, 07:27 AM
Wazzu

Applejack
09-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Wazzu too

Rocker Ute
09-12-2016, 08:33 AM
Arizona

LA Ute
09-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Wazzu

redastheycome
09-12-2016, 10:29 AM
I'll take Arizona.

Scratch
09-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Arizona.

Scratch
09-12-2016, 11:42 AM
Arizona.

Oh wait, if I took Cal over Hawaii in week one then I can't take Arizona over Hawaii this week, right?

chrisrenrut
09-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Wazzu

Senioritis
09-12-2016, 12:51 PM
I'll take the Arizona Biospheres.

mpfunk
09-12-2016, 12:59 PM
Wazzu.

Applejack
09-12-2016, 01:24 PM
Oh wait, if I took Cal over Hawaii in week one then I can't take Arizona over Hawaii this week, right?

Correct. You cannot.

Applejack
09-12-2016, 02:09 PM
I'll take the Arizona Biospheres.

Illegal pick. Try again.

Thus, the annual tradition of Senioritis picking a team that is ineligible has entered its third year!

Mormon Red Death
09-12-2016, 02:22 PM
Wazzu

Applejack
09-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Wazzu too

Rescinded:

I'll take Arizona

Senioritis
09-12-2016, 02:31 PM
Illegal pick. Try again.

Thus, the annual tradition of Senioritis picking a team that is ineligible has entered its third year!

I understood that there's a time zone allowance. I thought picking against Hawaii on a different continent was allowable.

Fine, I guess I'll take Utah again.

Anywhere but BYU
09-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Wazzu for me.

SoCalPat
09-13-2016, 09:13 AM
Wazzu.

concerned
09-13-2016, 09:33 AM
Arizona

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-13-2016, 09:51 AM
Utah

Scratch
09-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Correct. You cannot.

OK, I'll take Wazzu. Thanks.

Senioritis
09-13-2016, 10:26 AM
Illegal pick. Try again.

FINE. I'll take Washington State University.

yay

Applejack
09-13-2016, 11:33 AM
FINE. I'll take Washington State University.

yay

Well done!

Applejack
09-13-2016, 11:59 AM
​So far:

Washington State
DNF
Wally
Hostile
Sancho
MRD
LA
Chrisenrut
SoCalPAt
Anywherebutbyu
Senioritis
Scratch
UtahsMrSports

Utah
HFNW

Arizona
Rocker
Redastheycome
Applejack
Concerned
Scorcho

DrumNFeather
09-13-2016, 12:11 PM
​So far:

Washington State
Wally
Sancho
MRD
LA
Chrisenrut
SoCalPAt
Anywherebutbyu
Senioritis
Scratch

Utah
HFNW

Arizona
Rocker
Redastheycome
Applejack
Concerned

Bro...I was first on Wazzu. COME ON MAN.

Applejack
09-13-2016, 12:18 PM

There are too many Cougar fanboys to keep track of you all.

(Fixed)

UtahsMrSports
09-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Wazzu

Scorcho
09-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Wazzu

Wazzu plays Idaho, isn't Idaho FCS?

Scorcho
09-13-2016, 08:26 PM
Arizona

hostile
09-13-2016, 09:17 PM
And I was second. Dude, you have one job!

Scratch
09-14-2016, 12:46 AM
Wazzu plays Idaho, isn't Idaho FCS?

Not until 2018.

Applejack
09-14-2016, 08:09 AM
And I was second. Dude, you have one job!

But that one job is hard when I have to distinguish between brother's avatars.

Updated picks above. Wally has not sent in his pick.

wally
09-14-2016, 08:40 AM
But that one job is hard when I have to distinguish between brother's avatars.

Updated picks above. Wally has not sent in his pick.

lol! I am flattered and hostile is insulted!

But hey, if Wazzu is good enough for my "bro", then it's good enough for me!

Applejack
09-14-2016, 09:48 AM
lol! I am flattered and hostile is insulted!

But hey, if Wazzu is good enough for my "bro", then it's good enough for me!

And they both have rugby guys! Too much.

UTEopia
09-15-2016, 08:07 PM
WazZu

Utah
09-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Asu

UBlender
09-15-2016, 09:59 PM
Wazzu

Brian
09-16-2016, 07:02 AM
Wash. St.

Applejack
09-16-2016, 07:38 AM
Game Day! (for Arizona). Get in your picks.

Washington State
DNF
Wally
Hostile
Sancho
MRD
LA
Chrisenrut
SoCalPAt
Anywherebutbyu
Senioritis
Scratch
UtahsMrSports
Uteopia
UBlender
Brian

Utah
HFNW

Arizona
Rocker
Redastheycome
Applejack
Concerned
Scorcho

Arizona State
Utah

Utah
09-16-2016, 08:48 PM
Man, I picked ASU because this was the last game they play that I thought they "should" win.

Frick. Is ASU really this bad?

NorthwestUteFan
09-16-2016, 09:40 PM
Go Roadrunners!

Sorry, Utah.

SoCalPat
09-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Man, I picked ASU because this was the last game they play that I thought they "should" win.

Frick. Is ASU really this bad?

Three of the four posters eliminated thus far picked teams playing on the road. The fourth (Arizona) was a neutral site game.

In this format, I think you're playing with fire by taking teams not playing at home.

Utah
09-16-2016, 10:01 PM
Three of the four posters eliminated thus far picked teams playing on the road. The fourth (Arizona) was a neutral site game.

In this format, I think you're playing with fire by taking teams not playing at home.

Good point. BUT, when else do you pick ASU to win? They are terrible (obviously). I guess I was hoping to win later on, when others would have to pick ASU. Guess I tried to get too cute...

Utah
09-16-2016, 11:10 PM
Woohoo!

mpfunk
09-17-2016, 06:34 PM
Game Day! (for Arizona). Get in your picks.

Washington State
DNF
Wally
Hostile
Sancho
MRD
LA
Chrisenrut
SoCalPAt
Anywherebutbyu
Senioritis
Scratch
UtahsMrSports
Uteopia
UBlender
Brian

Utah
HFNW

Arizona
Rocker
Redastheycome
Applejack
Concerned
Scorcho

Arizona State
Utah
You forgot me. I picked Wazzu

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

DrumNFeather
09-17-2016, 07:28 PM
You forgot me. I picked Wazzu

I think he omits people on purpose to drive clicks and replies to his thread.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Applejack
09-18-2016, 04:27 PM
Ok, everyone survived! A first. Now things get real. The first week of mostly conference matchups. I'll supply a chart of who everyone has picked later in the week.

Washington State
DNF
MPFunk
Wally
Hostile
Sancho
MRD
LA
Chrisenrut
SoCalPAt
Anywherebutbyu
Senioritis
Scratch
UtahsMrSports
Uteopia
UBlender
Brian

Utah
HFNW

Arizona
Rocker
Redastheycome
Applejack
Concerned
Scorcho

Arizona State
Utah

Applejack
09-18-2016, 04:31 PM
Games this week:

USC @ Utah (Friday)
Boise St @ Oregon State
Colorado @ Oregon
Stanford @ UCLA
Cal @ Arizona State
Washington @ Arizona

chrisrenrut
09-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Oregon

concerned
09-18-2016, 05:19 PM
I could easily see this contest coming down to Arizona at WSU on Nov. 5. Those who took Arizona this week will have to take WSU, and vice versa.

Utah
09-18-2016, 06:38 PM
For me:

Colorado
USC
ASU

That's who I've picked so far for my own reference.

Applejack
09-19-2016, 07:33 AM
OK, here is the master grid thus far. Also, we did have an elimination last week: OrangeUte! He failed to log a pick. So long, buddy.

Arizona
ASU
Cal
Colo
Oregon
OSU
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington
WSU

Wally

x
x
x

RockerUte
x

x
x

Applejack
x

x
x

SoCalPat

x

x
x

Scorcho
x

x

x

Sancho

x

x

x

Redastheycome
x
x

x

Hostile

x

x

x

Utah

x

x

x

Uteopia

x

x

x

Ublender

x

x

x

Chrisenrut

x

x

x

DrumNFeather

x

x

x

MormonRedDeath
x

x

x

Senioritis

x

x

x

Scratch

x
x

x

Concerned x

x

x

Mpfunk

x

x

x

Brian

x

x

x

UtahsMrSports

x

x

x

AnywhereButBYU
x

x

x

LAUte

x

x

x

HuskyFreeNW

x

x
x

DrumNFeather
09-19-2016, 09:00 AM
Washington

wally
09-19-2016, 04:04 PM
Stanford

concerned
09-19-2016, 04:14 PM
Applejack--on the grid, you have me wrong. I picked UA not ASU.

Applejack
09-19-2016, 06:36 PM
Applejack--on the grid, you have me wrong. I picked UA not ASU.

Thanks. I'll update accordingly.

Edit: I couldn't fix it. The spreadsheet function is, um, rudimentary. For now just continue picking without UA.

Scorcho
09-19-2016, 06:56 PM
Oregon Hippy Ducks

SoCalPat
09-20-2016, 10:12 AM
Games this week:

USC @ Utah (Friday)
Boise St @ Oregon State
Colorado @ Oregon
Stanford @ UCLA
Cal @ Arizona State
Washington @ Arizona

Arizona State

concerned
09-20-2016, 10:27 AM
Arizona State

that is a gutsy call. You are clearly playing the long game.

Scratch
09-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Oregon

LA Ute
09-20-2016, 01:37 PM
The Ducks

Senioritis
09-20-2016, 01:43 PM
Give me the Ducks.

mpfunk
09-20-2016, 02:09 PM
Yeah, I'm going with a safer pick and living to fight another week. The Ducks.

LA Ute
09-20-2016, 04:19 PM
We're all a bunch of lemmings. But we are proud and spunky lemmings.

redastheycome
09-20-2016, 06:07 PM
Give me the Ducks, too.

Mormon Red Death
09-20-2016, 07:13 PM
Week 4 Oregon

Utah
09-20-2016, 10:22 PM
Oregon

UtahsMrSports
09-21-2016, 07:39 AM
Oregon

Rocker Ute
09-21-2016, 08:13 AM
Utah

hostile
09-21-2016, 05:25 PM
Week 4-Utah

Anywhere but BYU
09-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Washington - when they fall apart after this week, I'll be glad.

Brian
09-21-2016, 07:46 PM
oregon

Applejack
09-22-2016, 02:35 PM
This week's picks:

Oregon
Chrisrenrut
Brian
UtahsMrSports
MormonRedDeath
Utah
Redastheycome
Mpfunk
Senioritis
Scratch
LAute
Scorcho

Washington
Anywhere But Byu
Sancho
DrumNFeather

Utah
Hostile
Rocker

Arizona State
SoCalPat
Applejack

Stanford
Wally
concerned

concerned
09-22-2016, 02:37 PM
The no risk, no reward, long game special:

Stanford

Applejack
09-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Oh, I guess I only made my pick in my head.

ARIZONA STATE DEVILS

UTEopia
09-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Oregon

UBlender
09-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Oh, I guess I only made my pick in my head.

ARIZONA STATE DEVILS

I also will pick the ASU Boy Bands and I will feel terrible about it.

Applejack
09-23-2016, 07:50 AM
Get your picks in:

Oregon
Chrisrenrut
Brian
UtahsMrSports
MormonRedDeath
Utah
Redastheycome
Mpfunk
Senioritis
Scratch
LAute
Scorcho
Uteopia

Washington
Anywhere But Byu
Sancho
DrumNFeather

Utah
Hostile
Rocker

Arizona State
SoCalPat
Applejack
UBlender

Stanford
Wally
concerned

HuskyFreeNorthwest
09-23-2016, 04:19 PM
Cal

mpfunk
09-24-2016, 05:44 PM
Well looks like this is the week that knocks out most people.

SoCalPat
09-25-2016, 12:20 AM
Well looks like this is the week that knocks out most people.

No doubt. We were basically one play in three different games from being down to 3 players. Naturally, I would be one of those 3. So I'm delighted with these results.

Applejack
09-25-2016, 11:56 AM
A bloody week. Never trust a duck.

Oregon
Chrisrenrut
Brian
UtahsMrSports
MormonRedDeath
Utah
Redastheycome
Mpfunk
Senioritis
Scratch
LAute
Scorcho
Uteopia

Washington
Anywhere But Byu
Sancho
DrumNFeather

Utah
Hostile
Rocker

Arizona State
SoCalPat
Applejack
UBlender

Stanford
Wally
concerned

cal
Hfn

Applejack
09-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Rocker, I'm sorry. You already picked Utah, in week 2. You've shown us what a true fan looks like, but in the process you've picked the same team two weeks in a survivor pool. So long, strong friend.

And all you dolts that picked against the Buffs. You're gone too.

Applejack
09-25-2016, 12:24 PM
Here's the grid of who everyone has chosen to win already:

Arizona
ASU
Cal
Colo
Oregon
OSU
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington
WSU

Wally

x

x
x
x

Applejack
x
x

x
x

SoCalPat

x

x

x
x

Sancho

x

x
x
x

Hostile

x

x
x

x

Ublender

x
x

x

x

DrumNFeather

x

x
x
x

Concerned
x

x

x

x

AnywhereButBYU
x

x

x
x

And the choice of losers thusfar:

Arizona
ASU
Cal
Colo
Oregon
OSU
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington
WSU

Wally

x

Applejack

x

SoCalPat

x

Sancho
x

Hostile

x

Ublender

x

DrumNFeather
x

Concerned

x

AnywhereButBYU
x

Applejack
09-25-2016, 12:38 PM
And the games this week:

Stanford @ Washington (Fri)
Oregon St @ Colorado
Arizona @ UCLA
Utah @ California
Arizona St @ USC
Oregon @ Washington St

LA Ute
09-25-2016, 01:31 PM

I guess that is what I get for following the crowd.

Rocker Ute
09-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Rocker, I'm sorry. You already picked Utah, in week 2. You've shown us what a true fan looks like, but in the process you've picked the same team two weeks in a survivor pool. So long, strong friend.

Crap and I was going to be so smug.

LA Ute
09-25-2016, 05:59 PM
Crap and I was going to be so smug.

Karma.

SoCalPat
09-26-2016, 05:52 AM
Colorado

wally
09-26-2016, 08:14 AM
Usc

Anywhere but BYU
09-28-2016, 10:56 AM
never a doubt on the Utes, but I'm taking Colorado this week.

Washington almost gagged it for me last week.

DrumNFeather
09-28-2016, 01:42 PM
Usc

hostile
09-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Oregon

UBlender
09-29-2016, 01:13 PM
Washington or UCLA?
Washington or UCLA?
Washington or UCLA?

I'm picking Washington and something is wrong with me.

Applejack
09-29-2016, 02:04 PM
Colorawdo buffaloes

concerned
09-29-2016, 04:29 PM
Ucla

LA Ute
09-29-2016, 05:09 PM
Colorawdo buffaloes

Don't you mean Buffawoes?

Applejack
09-30-2016, 08:42 AM
We're set! Good luck everyone.

Oregon
Hostile
Sancho

Colorado
SoCalPat
Applejack
AnywhereButBYU

USC
Wally
DrumNFeather

Washington
UBlender

UCLA
Concerned

LA Ute
09-30-2016, 08:46 AM
We're set! Good luck everyone.

Oregon
Hostile
Sancho

Colorado
SoCalPat
Applejack
AnywhereButBYU

USC
Wally
DrumNFeather

Washington
UBlender

UCLA
Concerned

Ticked-off loser

LA Ute

Applejack
09-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Ticked-off loser

LA Ute

There are over 30 ticked off losers on this site. After this weekend there will be a couple more!

Applejack
10-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Adios Sancho and Hostile. Until next year.

Oregon
Hostile
Sancho

Colorado
SoCalPat
Applejack
AnywhereButBYU

USC
Wally
DrumNFeather

Washington
UBlender

UCLA
Concerned

Applejack
10-02-2016, 02:44 PM
The Grid. Teams you picked on top, teams that you have picked against below:

Arizona
ASU
Cal
Colo
Oregon
OSU
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington
WSU

Wally

x

x
x
x
x

Applejack
x
x

x

x
x

SoCalPat

x

x
x

x
x

Ublender

x
x

x

x
x

DrumNFeather

x

x
x
x
x

Concerned
x

x

x
x
x

AnywhereButBYU
x
x

x

x
x

Arizona
ASU
Cal
Colo
Oregon
OSU
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Washington
WSU

Wally

x

x

Applejack

x

x

SoCalPat

x

x

Ublender

x

x

DrumNFeather
x
x

Concerned
x

x

AnywhereButBYU
x

x

Applejack
10-02-2016, 02:48 PM
This week:

Colorado @ USC
Washington @ Oregon
Cal @ Oregon State
UCLA @ Arizona State
Washington State @ Stanford
Arizona @ Utah

UBlender
10-02-2016, 03:12 PM
I pick the Utes of Utah. I still think they are the best!

concerned
10-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Washington Oregon is the only game I can pick. I'll take Washington. Hope they don't have a let down on the road.

Applejack
10-03-2016, 08:28 AM
Washington Oregon is the only game I can pick. I'll take Washington. Hope they don't have a let down on the road.

Clearly, there are other games you can pick. Just not both sides.

DrumNFeather
10-03-2016, 08:49 AM
Stanford.

concerned
10-03-2016, 09:15 AM
Clearly, there are other games you can pick. Just not both sides.

yes; I could pick suicide.

Applejack
10-03-2016, 09:27 AM
yes; I could pick suicide.

Arizona State at home against UCLA (as an example)? You are low on good choices, but not bereft.

concerned
10-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Arizona State at home against UCLA (as an example)? You are low on good choices, but not bereft.

I put myself in this position because I wanted to preserve my options to pick OSU and WSU to lose as long as possible.

Anywhere but BYU
10-03-2016, 09:37 AM
UCLA Bruins on the road! (I'd pick the Utes, but already picked against Arizona.)

wally
10-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Cal

SoCalPat
10-04-2016, 02:05 PM
This week:

Colorado @ USC
Washington @ Oregon
Cal @ Oregon State
UCLA @ Arizona State
Washington State @ Stanford
Arizona @ Utah

Despite our history with Arizona, coupled with the fact that I've already picked against Oregon State, it's time to trot out my Utah pick for this contest. GO UTES!

SoCalPat
10-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Wither AJ's pick ...? We'll have all the picks in after that, right?

Applejack
10-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Usc (I don't believe in the Buffalows)

Applejack
10-04-2016, 02:33 PM
This week's picks:

USC
Applejack

Utah
SoCalPat
UBlender

Cal
Wally

Ucla
AnywhereButByu

Stanford
DrumNFeather

Washington
Concerned

Applejack
10-04-2016, 02:38 PM
We need some prizes for this year's winner (Me!). Some examples:

A ute nutcracker:

Boys t-shirt

Butt ugly Ute sweater vest:

Applejack
10-04-2016, 02:48 PM
A blue (?) Ute shirt:

90s era rugby shirt (in case Wally wins; can give it to his brother Hostile if too small)

wally
10-04-2016, 04:27 PM
A blue (?) Ute shirt:

90s era rugby shirt (in case Wally wins; can give it to his brother Hostile if too small)

I can't see this shirt, damn! Also, I'm not sure, but I think you just called me fat.

Applejack
10-04-2016, 05:12 PM
I can't see this shirt, damn! Also, I'm not sure, but I think you just called me fat.
Either that or I called hostile skinny!

concerned
10-08-2016, 06:15 PM

I guess I don't have to worryabout a letdown. At least in the first quarter, they look terrific.

wally
10-09-2016, 02:42 PM
Stupid Cal.