PDA

View Full Version : Highland vs. Olympus tonight

tooblue
08-26-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm sure there are several former graduates of each school here on this message board. I'm so desperate for the season to start, I just might watch the game.

hostile
08-26-2016, 04:34 PM
I'm sure there are several former graduates of each school here on this message board. I'm so desperate for the season to start, I just might watch the game.

I hope you can get the game in Canada!

Look for my son (27)

LA Ute
08-26-2016, 04:36 PM
Go Rams!

I'm even in Salt Lake. But I will not make it to the game.

Dwight Schr-Ute
08-26-2016, 04:39 PM
Speaking of the amazing Highland Rams, pretty cool article about one of their players. http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4274322-155/prep-football-highlands-zach-schreiter-impresses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tooblue
08-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Speaking of the amazing Highland Rams, pretty cool article about one of their players. http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4274322-155/prep-football-highlands-zach-schreiter-impresses

That will be my next "blurb" for FHE ... maybe this next Monday.

tooblue
08-26-2016, 04:42 PM
I hope you can get the game in Canada!

Look for my son (27)

That's the crazy thing—of course I can get the game ... but I won't be able to get half of Utah's games.

hostile
08-26-2016, 04:51 PM

He is a great kid. In yesterday's JV game he lined up at fullback and scored from the 1 yard line. It was fun to see the boys celebrate his success.

Dwight Schr-Ute
08-26-2016, 10:10 PM
He is a great kid. In yesterday's JV game he lined up at fullback and scored from the 1 yard line. It was fun to see the boys celebrate his success.

That's awesome. I wondered if he ever played. I saw on Twitter that the score going into the 4th was 5-3. Sounds awesome.

I wasn't playing super close attention but was one of the coaches interviewed sporting the Drum and Feather? I'd like to see more of that in prep football.

mUUser
08-28-2016, 09:18 PM
One of the better HS games I've seen in awhile. I'm a Highland alum, but, my kid plays for Oly now --- so the Rams can KISS IT! :moon::D

Seriously, after a lot of years in the south, an evening at HS football is just what you do -- the whole town gets involved -- and the atmosphere at those games are unbeatable, but, I've got to admit the atmosphere at the two games I've attended in Utah have been fabulous as well. Pleasantly surprised.

mUUser
09-25-2017, 10:44 AM
This Friday -- Highland @ Olympus. 7p.

Both teams are a bit down but they'll put on a good show anyway I'm sure.

hostile
09-25-2017, 11:40 AM
This Friday -- Highland @ Olympus. 7p.

Both teams are a bit down but they'll put on a good show anyway I'm sure.
Highland is coming off a homecoming win against skyline. They put up 500+ rushing yards (only threw the ball twice) and scored 61 points. They held skyline basically scoreless in the second half.

I’ll be there. Should be be a fun game. The new region alignment for SL valley schools has been nice from a travel standpoint.

Two Utes
09-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Highland is coming off a homecoming win against skyline. They put up 500+ rushing yards (only threw the ball twice) and scored 61 points. They held skyline basically scoreless in the second half.

I’ll be there. Should be be a fun game. The new region alignment for SL valley schools has been nice from a travel standpoint.

I watched the first half before going home to watch the Utah football game. I thought seriously of going down on the field and taking the playbook away from the offensive coordinator if he threw the ball one more time.

Man, Skyline's front seven was bad.

hostile
09-25-2017, 12:10 PM
I watched the first half before going home to watch the Utah football game. I thought seriously of going down on the field and taking the playbook away from the offensive coordinator if he threw the ball one more time.

Man, Skyline's front seven was bad.
Yeah. 2 passes - one interception and one near interception. The problem is they try to go for a home run when they pass instead of shorter passes. They have 3 receivers over 6’3” who have good hands and can run an out or quick slant.

They really wore down skyline in the second half. No reason to pass if you are getting 4-6 yards minimum on each run.

LA Ute
09-25-2017, 12:32 PM
Go Rams!

U-Ute
09-25-2017, 02:12 PM
Go Rams!

I'm throwing the flag on this one.

iSxPmDWr97248

mUUser
09-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Go Rams!

:moon: Once a Ram, always a Titan!! (or something like that)

LA Ute
09-25-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm throwing the flag on this one.

http://www.utahby5.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2264&stc=1

mUUser
09-30-2017, 09:46 PM
Well that stunk didn't it? Highland gives payback for last year.

hostile
09-30-2017, 09:59 PM
Well that stunk didn't it? Highland gives payback for last year.
Fun game for us. Sorry.

My boy had a good game on defense. Started the game with a forced fumble and a sack. On offense he blocked well but couldn’t haul in a TD at the end.

mUUser
10-01-2017, 10:21 AM
Fun game for us. Sorry.

My boy had a good game on defense. Started the game with a forced fumble and a sack. On offense he blocked well but couldn’t haul in a TD at the end.

i remember your son well. He's a solid player. Until next year....... (or baseball season if your son plays baseball) :)

mUUser
01-31-2019, 12:34 PM
Fun game for us. Sorry......

Stumbled across this today.....forgot that I owed you some crappola this year. :D

I think Highland Olympus has become a great rivalry - much better than Olympus Skyline. Next year should be competitive as well.

Scratch
01-31-2019, 12:54 PM
Stumbled across this today.....forgot that I owed you some crappola this year. :D

I think Highland Olympus has become a great rivalry - much better than Olympus Skyline. Next year should be competitive as well.

Highland has to find a new rival now that East has completely left it in the dust.

LA Ute
01-31-2019, 01:46 PM
Highland has to find a new rival now that East has completely left it in the dust.

Ha!

hostile
01-31-2019, 01:54 PM

That was a good game. Tough one to lose.

mUUser
01-31-2019, 02:28 PM

I'd like to see an "open" division where schools that do a fair amount of recruiting can play each other and set up games with other teams like Bishop Gorman, St John Bosco, Mater Dei, Chandler, Allen etc.... (like Wasatch Academy does in basketball). I'd consider putting East, Bingham, Skyridge & Orem into that division. In baseball, Cottonwood recruits like crazy as a result of its close relationship with the Utah Marshalls.

mUUser
02-06-2019, 12:56 PM
Highland took Olympus to overtime last night. Wasn't expecting that, but, Highland was very, very physical. Like very physical.

hostile
02-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Highland took Olympus to overtime last night. Wasn't expecting that, but, Highland was very, very physical. Like very physical.
Fun game. We had a shot. 30 FT to 8 seems a bit lopsided

mUUser
08-08-2019, 12:36 PM
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900082967/olympus-highland-expected-to-lead-realigned-neighborhood-region-6.html

hostile
08-08-2019, 07:29 PM
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900082967/olympus-highland-expected-to-lead-realigned-neighborhood-region-6.html
I miss not having a son playing this year. Having all the region games in the SL valley is great and hopefully gets more turnout for all the games. I’m planning on going to as many road games as I can.

UTEopia
08-08-2019, 08:16 PM
I miss not having a son playing this year. Having all the region games in the SL valley is great and hopefully gets more turnout for all the games. I’m planning on going to as many road games as I can.

When I was at Skyline the Region included Olympus, Cottonwood, Highland, East, Granite, South and West. It was great as many of us had competed against one another from the time we were 8 or 9 years old. East and West played for the State Championship my senior year.

mUUser
09-11-2019, 08:22 AM
Highland with 535 yards rushing and zero yards passing on four attempts last Friday. A very Army-like performance.

hostile
09-11-2019, 09:53 AM
Highland with 535 yards rushing and zero yards passing on four attempts last Friday. A very Army-like performance.
Looking forward to next week...

mUUser
09-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Me too. Was hoping for two undefeated teams, but alas, a quirky play here and there and we come out of Kearns with an L.

wouldnt be surprised to see a college or two on the sidelines.

LA Ute
09-11-2019, 02:15 PM
"Oh, the big Ram's a-ramblin', scramblin', ramblin',
The big Ram's a ramblin', scramblin' on...."

Go Rams!

hostile
09-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Me too. Was hoping for two undefeated teams, but alas, a quirky play here and there and we come out of Kearns with an L.

wouldnt be surprised to see a college or two on the sidelines.
Well we still have Salem Hills this week.

My my oldest graduated last year and has asked to reach out to at least one of the Oly kids by his college coaches

mUUser
09-21-2019, 02:52 PM
Olympus over Highland 24-6, but also lose Scotty Edwards for the season to injury. Thought it would be a more competitive game than that.

hostile
09-22-2019, 02:21 PM
Olympus over Highland 24-6, but also lose Scotty Edwards for the season to injury. Thought it would be a more competitive game than that.
I didn’t see the game but not surprised by the score. Highland lost their best RB for the season last game. Their offense is very predictable and is defendable by playing 7-8 guys in the box. Also, they struggle with teams that are able to pass well.