PDA

View Full Version : Utah vs. Colorado 2016 - Rumbling in the Rockies

DrumNFeather
11-20-2016, 09:28 AM
There's an old saying in dating that nothing gets you over the last one like the next one...and so we head to the last game of the regular season.

For the first time in this "rivalry" there is actually something on the line for both teams going in. The Buffs are one of the stories of the year in college football, and their coach seems to be a shoe in for national coach of the year. They are also playing to represent the South in the Pac 12 title game, something our beloved Utes have failed to do in 6 years in the league. Should the Buffs win, they go. Should they lose, USC goes.

From the Utes perspective, this, IMO, is a critical game for this team and for this program. We've put ourselves in the position to have nothing on the line but bowl positioning by losing two games this year we just had no business losing by a total of 7 points. That sure does sting...but it also tells you something: We are close. I honestly believe that for the players that will be here in the coming years, this is a pivotal game in learning how to respond to adversity. I also believe that it would be nice to have a win over a top 10 team heading into bowl season and dammit, I want to dash their hopes and dreams.

I'm worried about Phillip Lindsay the most. He runs through guys like freeman does, but I'm hoping that having a young and hungry Donovan Thompson at LB will help slow him down. We're gonna need to pressure the QB and contain him on the run (Chase Hansen). Our corners are going to have to play better coverage as well...looking at you, Domo.

Let's make Colorado the South Co-Runners Up!

LA Ute
11-20-2016, 10:16 AM
There's an old saying in dating that nothing gets you over the last one like the next one...and so we head to the last game of the regular season.

For the first time in this "rivalry" there is actually something on the line for both teams going in. The Buffs are one of the stories of the year in college football, and their coach seems to be a shoe in for national coach of the year. They are also playing to represent the South in the Pac 12 title game, something our beloved Utes have failed to do in 6 years in the league. Should the Buffs win, they go. Should they lose, USC goes.

From the Utes perspective, this, IMO, is a critical game for this team and for this program. We've put ourselves in the position to have nothing on the line but bowl positioning by losing two games this year we just had no business losing by a total of 7 points. That sure does sting...but it also tells you something: We are close. I honestly believe that for the players that will be here in the coming years, this is a pivotal game in learning how to respond to adversity. I also believe that it would be nice to have a win over a top 10 team heading into bowl season and dammit, I want to dash their hopes and dreams.

I'm worried about Phillip Lindsay the most. He runs through guys like freeman does, but I'm hoping that having a young and hungry Donovan Thompson at LB will help slow him down. We're gonna need to pressure the QB and contain him on the run (Chase Hansen). Our corners are going to have to play better coverage as well...looking at you, Domo.

Let's make Colorado the South Co-Runners Up!

Great post. I couldn't agree more. There is still a lot to play for.

sancho
11-20-2016, 01:41 PM
We will win just because it's not fair for Colorado to win this division before us.

Last week, I said that Oregon was Cal part two. That was unfortunately true in the end. CU has the offense of Oregon and Cal but has a better defense.

The good news: CU had close games against their three most physical conference opponents (usc, ucla, and Stanford). We are a physical team, and I think we can give them a game.

Utah
11-21-2016, 12:25 AM
This game is huge for us. We win, we can win 10 games again.

DrumNFeather
11-21-2016, 07:39 AM
I realized that even if we win, we aren't co-south runners up...oh well. :Ashamed:

LA Ute
11-21-2016, 10:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5expKSd06-k

LA Ute
11-21-2016, 10:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytVLWgvL-1g

DrumNFeather
11-21-2016, 11:05 AM
Joe Williams should get a lot of carries in this game.

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Well, I'm up!

It seems like my history of not embedding Tweets continues.

https://twitter.com/BrennanJSmith/status/800820694619594754

U-Ute
11-21-2016, 03:46 PM
It seems like my history of not embedding Tweets continues.

Fixed.

Forward slash, not back slash

SeattleUte
11-22-2016, 12:19 PM
Is this game the true start of the rivalry? If we upset them it would really fire it up...

chrisrenrut
11-22-2016, 12:29 PM
Is this game the true start of the rivalry? If we upset them it would really fire it up...

It would be nice that deny them the title game at their house, like they did to us in 2011.

SeattleUte
11-22-2016, 12:30 PM
It would be nice that deny them the title game at their house, like they did to us in 2011.

This situation reminds me a little of Whit's first game vs. BYU.

SoCalPat
11-22-2016, 12:34 PM
Colorado is a nation-best 9-1 against the spread this year.

Utah has never covered against Colorado since joining the Pac-12.

Nothing lasts forever, but those are two pretty strong trends. Maybe the pressure of closing the deal at home gets to Colorado, but I feel this game will develop like UW did -- slow start, good rally, tie or take the lead in the second half before CU gets another boost from Folsom and wins by 14.

SoCalPat
11-22-2016, 12:38 PM

Two small items about that game -- Colorado hadn't won a road game in its last 24 tries before winning at Utah that day. It still rates as the biggest upset home loss in Utah history.

Furthermore, CU denied us repping the South only in hindsight. Two more outcomes had to fall our way later that weekend to play in the Pac-12 title game. Unfortunately for us, they both came through.

DrumNFeather
11-22-2016, 12:42 PM
Colorado is a nation-best 9-1 against the spread this year.

Utah has never covered against Colorado since joining the Pac-12.

Nothing lasts forever, but those are two pretty strong trends. Maybe the pressure of closing the deal at home gets to Colorado, but I feel this game will develop like UW did -- slow start, good rally, tie or take the lead in the second half before CU gets another boost from Folsom and wins by 14.

What's the spread?

LA Ute
11-22-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm going into this one with high hopes and low expectations. I felt that way even before the Oregon game, except that my expectations are lower now.

SeattleUte
11-22-2016, 12:46 PM
What's the spread?

10.5, down from 12.

sancho
11-22-2016, 12:51 PM
What's the spread?

So, you making the drive up to Boulder?

DrumNFeather
11-22-2016, 12:53 PM
So, you making the drive up to Boulder?

Not this year...but I think I'm gonna try to get UtahDan out here for the next one.

chrisrenrut
11-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Two small items about that game -- Colorado hadn't won a road game in its last 24 tries before winning at Utah that day. It still rates as the biggest upset home loss in Utah history.

Furthermore, CU denied us repping the South only in hindsight. Two more outcomes had to fall our way later that weekend to play in the Pac-12 title game. Unfortunately for us, they both came through.

I as thinking more about it in the rivalry-building context, not a historically analogous context. When we play Colorado, that 2011 loss is the bad memory that first comes to my mind. If we can give them a similar memory, perhaps the bad blood builds and a real rivalry is born.

LA Ute
11-24-2016, 08:37 AM
CU is more talented than we are (after all, they are CU and we are only Utah) so our only chance at winning is if their talent doesn't gel during the game and we play well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocker Ute
11-24-2016, 09:22 AM

This is why I am predicting a Utah win followed by that dark horse series of circumstances that would have gotten us to the playoffs to happen so we can talk about what might have been for the next 10 years.

It's what Utah does.

LA Ute
11-25-2016, 04:16 AM
Utah press release on the CU game:

No. 21/20 Utah (8-3, 5-3 Pac-12) vs. No. 9 Colorado (9-2, 7-1 Pac-12)

Saturday, Nov. 26, 5:30 MST, Boulder, Colo.

Televised on FOX

Search #UTAHvsCU for conversation.

The Rankings

> Utah dropped 10 places in the AP poll and nine in the Coaches’ poll to No. 21/20 after last Saturday’s 30-28 loss to Oregon.

> Utah is in the AP and Coaches’ polls for the 10th-straight week. The Utes broke in at No. 24 AP/No. 23 Coaches on Sept. 18. Their highest ranking was No. 11 on Nov. 13.

> Utah was ranked No. 12 in last week’s College Football Playoff (CFP) rankings. The new CFP rankings will be announced on Tuesday, Nov. 22. Since the CFP rankings were introduced in 2014, Utah has been ranked in the top 25 every week.

> No. 9 Colorado is the second ranked opponent Utah has faced this season. The Utes lost to No. 4 Washington, 31-24, on Oct. 29. In its history, when both Utah and its opponent are ranked, the Utes are 10-9.

Five Facts

> At 8-3, Utah is bowl eligible for the third-straight year. Utah is 3-0 in bowl games as a member of the Pac-12 Conference, beating Georgia Tech in the 2011 Sun Bowl and winning the Las Vegas Bowl in 2014 (Colorado State) and 2015 (BYU).

> Senior running back Joe Williams crossed over 1,000 yards for the season last week against Oregon. Williams has rushed for 1,088 yards in just seven games.

> Senior defensive end Hunter Dimick leads the nation in sacks with 14 and holds the Utah record for career sacks with 29.

> Utah has played Colorado 62 times—its most games against a Pac-12 opponent and the fifth-longest rivalry in school history.

> While the Utes trail the series 31-28-3 overall, they own a 4-1 advantage over CU as Pac-12 members and have won the last four games.

Statchat

> Utah ranks No. 1 in the nation in net punting (45.20).

> Utah ranks No. 2 (tied) in the nation and No. 1 (tied) in the Pac-12 in takeaways with 26 (17 INT, 9 FR).

> Utah ranks No. 5 (tied) in the nation and leads the Pac-12 in interceptions (17).

> Utah ranks No. 6 in the nation and leads the Pac-12 in time of possession (33.59).

> Utah ranks No. 6 (tied) in the nation and leads the Pac-12 in sacks (38).

> Utah ranks No. 9 (tied) in the nation and leads the Pac-12 in tackles for loss (88).

> Utah is No. 1 in the Pac-12 in fewest interceptions thrown (5).

> Utah is No. 1 (tied) in the Pac-12 in defensive touchdowns (3).

> Utah is No. 2 in the Pac-12 in rushing offense (213.4).

> Utah is No. 2 (tied) in the Pac-12 in turnover margin (0.82; 26 gained, 17 lost).

> Utah is No. 2 in the Pac-12 in field goal percentage (.824, 14-of-17).

> Utah is No. 3 in the Pac-12 in rushing defense (131.6).

> Utah is No. 3 in the Pac-12 in passing yards per completion (13.06).

> Utah is No. 3 (tied) in the Pac-12 in fewest sacks allowed (19, 1.73/gm).

> Utah is No. 3 (tied) in the Pac-12 in fumbles recovered (9).

> See sidebar on page 3 for complete Utah rankings

Wishnowsky is Ray Guy Award Finalist

First-year Ute sophomore Mitch Wishnowsky has been named one of three finalists for the Ray Guy Award, which honors the country’s best punter. Wishnowsky leads the nation in punt average (48.6), punts of 50+ yards (26) and punts inside the 10-yard line (14). He is No. 2 in the nation and first in the Pac-12 in punts inside the 20-yard line (31) and percentage of punts inside the 20 (57.41%, 31-of-54). He has seven punts at or inside the 5-yard line. Wishnowsky has not had a touchback since the first game of the season and has led Utah to a No. 1 national ranking in net punting (45.20). Wishnowsky—a CBS Sports, SI.com, FoxSports.com, ESPN.com, Sporting News and SportsOnEarth.com Midseason All-American—is bidding to become Utah’s third-straight Ray Guy Award winner as the country’s best punter, following in the footsteps of Tom Hackett (2014-15 Ray Guy Award winner and consensus All-American). It is the first time that a school has had a finalist for the Ray Guy Award three straight seasons. Wishnowsky is Utah's third Ray Guy Award finalist, joining Hackett and Louie Sakoda (2008).

In the Huddle

True freshman Donavan Thompson is backing up both linebacker positions this week … Kyle Fulks moves back into the two deep at X receiver behind Tim Patrick … Raelon Singleton and Siaosi Wilson are listed as the co-starters at Z receiver … Senior kicker Andy Phillips is the first player in Utah football history to reach 400 points. He has 403 career points … Right guard Sam Tevi returned to the starting lineup last week against Oregon. He missed the Arizona State game and all but four plays of the Washington game with an injury … Nine true freshmen have played: Thompson, Zack Moss, Julian Blackmon, Demari Simpkins, Bradlee Anae, Terrell Burgess, Leki Fotu, Tyler Huntley and Devonta’e Henry-Cole.

Two-Minute Drill

Utah is the only Pac-12 South Division team without a loss within the division. The Utes are 4-0 against the South and 1-3 against North Division teams … Utah is 4-1 on the road … Utah is 2-0 on natural grass … The average point differential in the previous five Pac-12 games between Utah and Colorado is 4.2 points a game … Against AP top-25 opponents, Utah is 21-60 all-time, 19-21 since 1994 and 6-10 as a member of the Pac-12 … Utah is 72-20 all-time when ranked in the AP poll and 19-9 since joining the Pac-12 Conference in 2011. See pages 16-18 for Utah’s complete history in the national rankings … The Utes have sold out 44 straight games in Rice-Eccles Stadium since the 2010 season opener. Of those sellouts, 40 have been standing room-only crowds. See ‘Standing Ovation’ for more.

SeattleUte
11-25-2016, 02:25 PM
Utah is a lot better than Washington State.

Rocker Ute
11-25-2016, 03:36 PM
You know what we should do? We should recruit a Heisman candidate QB. I wonder if the coaches have ever thought of that.

SeattleUte
11-25-2016, 06:09 PM
You know what we should do? We should recruit a Heisman candidate QB. I wonder if the coaches have ever thought of that.

Somebody said to me today that Utah needs to hire a new Urban Meyer. I hadn't thought of that either.

Devildog
11-25-2016, 07:06 PM
We will beat Colorado and destroy their South Championship hopes. Mark my words, we win this one.

Ultimate Ute
11-25-2016, 08:05 PM
If Pac-12 North cellar dweller Oregon can beat Pac-12 South contender Utah at Rice-Eccles, Utah can beat Colorado at Folsom Field.

Just go with it.

LA Ute
11-25-2016, 08:10 PM
If Pac-12 North cellar dweller Oregon can beat Pac-12 South contender Utah at Rice-Eccles, Utah can beat Colorado at Folsom Field.

Just go with it.

It depends on whether CU's obviously superior talent gels during the game. If not, we have a chance. 😉

DrumNFeather
11-25-2016, 08:11 PM
It depends on whether CU's obviously superior talent gels during the game. If not, we have a chance. 

Just gotta withstand that initial surge from the team. If we can get an early turnover, I think we can settle in and grind 'em out!

Devildog
11-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Jeez people... I'm undefeated in these absolute calls. I'm telling you... we win at Folsom. Bet away. We got this. Oh yeah and next year... Colorado sucks balls again.

LA Ute
11-25-2016, 11:32 PM
ESPN sees a rivalry:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161126/9a44a35066dbd571830f284b2ed9bc11.jpg

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 12:01 AM
Jeez people... I'm undefeated in these absolute calls. I'm telling you... we win at Folsom. Bet away. We got this. Oh yeah and next year... Colorado sucks balls again.

Maybe this year. You probably don't want to revisit the Arizona game thread (http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.php?1891-This-here-s-the-TV-Two-hours-a-day-maximum-either-educational-or-football-so-s-y-know-you-don-t-ruin-your-appreciation-of-the-finer-things-10-Utah-vs-Arizona&p=65813&viewfull=1#post65813) last year (I don't think anyone does).

Devildog
11-26-2016, 02:02 AM
Maybe this year. You probably don't want to revisit the Arizona game thread (http://www.utahby5.com/showthread.php?1891-This-here-s-the-TV-Two-hours-a-day-maximum-either-educational-or-football-so-s-y-know-you-don-t-ruin-your-appreciation-of-the-finer-things-10-Utah-vs-Arizona&p=65813&viewfull=1#post65813) last year (I don't think anyone does).

OK, well damn... I thought I was undefeated in these absolute picks... don't bet the ranch fellas (Hell, I been drinking again). But still, screw these bastards... they banned me from their forum that they pretend is so tough. These delicate little flowers are going down.

tooblue
11-26-2016, 05:34 PM
OK, well damn... I thought I was undefeated in these absolute picks... don't bet the ranch fellas (Hell, I been drinking again). But still, screw these bastards... they banned me from their forum that they pretend is so tough. These delicate little flowers are going down.

This is the kind of game Utah, under coach Whittingham, wins.

tooblue
11-26-2016, 05:37 PM
ESPN sees a rivalry:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161126/9a44a35066dbd571830f284b2ed9bc11.jpg

'Attempts' at creating a rivalry is similar to 'planning' to create and release a viral video.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 05:43 PM
'Attempts' at creating a rivalry is similar to 'planning' to create and release a viral video.

It was a joke, man.

Brian
11-26-2016, 05:45 PM
Arg.
Need points off that TO.
Mitch with an awful punt. Like to see those inside the 2.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 05:45 PM
I'm not expecting to enjoy this game.

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Boobie!

Devildog
11-26-2016, 05:53 PM
Well Hell Yeah Boobie!

Stop whining and go fix that dicked up thread title for me LA.

tooblue
11-26-2016, 06:03 PM
It was a joke, man.

Yes. I know. I'm not that daft. I was piling on ESPN.

concerned
11-26-2016, 06:07 PM
That is why tim Patrick will not have a pro career

Rocker Ute
11-26-2016, 06:08 PM
I hate Colorado more than BYU. The rivalry is real for me.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 06:10 PM

Pretty perfect throw. The missed FG was salt on the wound. But so far CU's superior talent has not gelled so we still have a chance to win.

Devildog
11-26-2016, 06:14 PM

Well, it did hit him square in the hands. No excuse

Devildog
11-26-2016, 06:23 PM
Damn... I always wish we had an offense. Every year I think, damn... I wish we had an offense.

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 06:40 PM
Does our play book have anything but draw or deep route?

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 06:41 PM
And I really have no clue why we would go for that. None.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 06:41 PM
Maybe we can't make fun of Sitaki's 4th and 19 call now.

hostile
11-26-2016, 06:42 PM
And I really have no clue why we would go for that. None.

Bad decision. Bad play call. Bad execution

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 06:43 PM
And then the phantom flags start flying.

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Maybe we can't make fun of Sitaki's 4th and 19 call now.

Please, not even in the same universe.

OrangeUte
11-26-2016, 06:48 PM
And then the phantom flags start flying.

Horrible flag on that PI.

We got so lucky on that drop.

This is an important series. Would be great to take a lead into the locker room.

Defense needs to get better pressure on qb.

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 06:49 PM
Horrible flag on that PI.

We got so lucky on that drop.

This is an important series. Would be great to take a lead into the locker room.

Defense needs to get better pressure on qb.

If not for Colorado having the dropsies, this would be a blowout.

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 06:52 PM
Did I miss something? The announcer just said that Harding was calling plays tonight. Is harding in the booth, and ARod on the sidelines?

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 06:53 PM
Did I mention as something? The announcer just said tha Harding was calling plays tonight.

I just think that's a lack of research on his part

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 06:56 PM
Please, not even in the same universe.

Agreed. But it was a stupid call.

concerned
11-26-2016, 06:59 PM
Another drive killing long ball on first down. How many tonight?

concerned
11-26-2016, 07:01 PM
If not for Colorado having the dropsies, this would be a blowout.

And if Tim Patrick could catch, we might be in this

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 07:02 PM
When a pass hits a receiver in his hands he really ought to catch it. Fortunately for Utah, CU also has this problem tonight.

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 07:02 PM
Suddenly Kyle is a gambler? The staff is coaching like they really don't care if they win.

concerned
11-26-2016, 07:04 PM
Suddenly Kyle is a gambler? The staff is coaching like they really don't care if they win.

Or expect to.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 07:09 PM
Colorado's superior talent, storied history, and general status as "not in backward Utah," are gelling. This is why Williams is 4-13 for 30 yards, Joe has 11 carries for 28 yards, and the team has 86 yards total offense. We should not be disappointed because our team is powerless to do anything about this. Cheer up!

Brian
11-26-2016, 07:19 PM
Hopefully this being arods second to last game as a coach is the silver lining here.

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 07:25 PM
Hopefully this being arods second to last game as a coach is the silver lining here.

If true, when we start next year it will be how many new OC's in how many years?

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 07:32 PM
If true, when we start next year it will be how many new OC's in how many years?

I've lost count, but we do have a 2-year streak going.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 07:35 PM
I also think Kyle likes our offensive philosophy, he just wants it to produce more. A new OC would have to buy into that philosophy. Not sure how attractive a job it is when the decision whether to run or pass is made down on the field, and the coordinator in the booth decides which run or pass play to call. Is that commonly done?

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 07:46 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161127/2599b073f4bf8298595db08ce3abb955.gif

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 07:49 PM
If I were a CU fan I'd be pretty ticked off about all the Buffs' drops.

Brian
11-26-2016, 07:52 PM

Keeping harding wouldn't restart the counter.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 07:52 PM
This time it's CU! Now let's put the ball in the doggone end zone!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161127/4f96369c6ded0aed31f63d943d0cafda.gif

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 07:57 PM
Honestly our O-Line is disappointing tonight.

No holes for Joe and Troy has been under constant heat. They've had games of dominance but they're not as strong as we'd hoped (Losing Lutui and Dielman hurts of course)

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 07:58 PM
I just know our offense can score a touchdown.

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Why do we have a WR playing CB?

(And why won't Fox show us the bail out PI?)

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 08:05 PM
Tyrone Smith as a CB?

OrangeUte
11-26-2016, 08:08 PM

I'm asking the same question.

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 08:08 PM

Justin Thomas limped out earlier in the game. I'm guessing that is why.

That was was a serious phantom PI call. And this tv crew has done it a couple of times now, not replayed a call or spot that was close but went against Utah.

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 08:12 PM
Our play calling inside the 5 is utterly awful.

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 08:12 PM
Our red zone problems are psychological at this point.

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 08:13 PM
Yet when they interfere on our WR's the flags stay put.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 08:13 PM
LOL. We have to score before we get inside the 20 or we will not score.

OrangeUte
11-26-2016, 08:14 PM
Hahaha. That certainly is accurate tonight.

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 08:14 PM
CU db's can feel free to do whatever the hell they want, the refs will not call a PI on CU tonight. But they'll call tickytack or phantom PI on us.

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 08:16 PM
ARod/Harding seem to have no plays to get Joe or Simpkins or CBB into space.

Every play we run in inside the 5 goes back to the middle into the teeth of the defense

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 08:16 PM
Our red zone problems are psychological at this point.

Its like Shaquille O'Neal's free throws, or Charles Barkley's golf swing.

Devildog
11-26-2016, 08:17 PM
our play calling inside the 5 is utterly awful.

this!

OrangeUte
11-26-2016, 08:20 PM
Great defensive stand.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 08:24 PM
Remember, we are told that Harding (with Whit nearby) decides whether to run or pass. Then A-Rod decides which run or pass play to call. So if that is true, responsibility for the awful play-calling is shared.

OrangeUte
11-26-2016, 08:24 PM
This is ridiculous

OrangeUte
11-26-2016, 08:25 PM
Hard to get a passing game going when the secondary isn't called for any pass interference calls.

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 08:26 PM
Troy Williams 7/24 for 124 yards, no td's, and one int. Special teams have kept us on n this game.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 08:27 PM
This is ridiculous

It's the gelling of CU's talent that makes it impossible for Patrick to make those catches. It also caused Joe to fumble on the 2, and Andy to miss that FG.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 08:31 PM
The CU talent gel causes another fumble + 6 in our own red zone.

Sullyute
11-26-2016, 08:32 PM
Dang it!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

AnestheUte
11-26-2016, 08:33 PM
Wow. How pathetic has our offense been this game?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 08:37 PM
I don't get why, when we need 7 yards, we go for 30.

Sullyute
11-26-2016, 08:40 PM

Because we seem to never have an underneath option.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

concerned
11-26-2016, 08:40 PM

I hate our scheme.

The two Williams have been absolutely dreadful

chrisrenrut
11-26-2016, 08:41 PM
Colorado has not had a flag thrown on them the entire game. Utah has 3 for 36.

Diehard Ute
11-26-2016, 08:47 PM

They had one. The hold that occurred on their goal line which Kyle declined.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 08:47 PM
OK, that catch was pure talent. Wish our receivers could do that.

Solon
11-26-2016, 08:48 PM

Colorado is a good team (top-10 right now) with a lot to play for. It's not a surprise to me that it's a dogfight tonight. A good defense can make an offense look really bad.
On the other hand, this year's Utes might be the worst ever in short-yardage situations.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 08:51 PM
On the other hand, this year's Utes might be the worst ever in short-yardage situations.

I think chrisrenrut is on the something. They seem snakebit.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 08:57 PM
CU's superior talent and tradition keeps causing Butler-Bird to drop balls that hit him in the hands.

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 09:01 PM
The problem with the 2-point conversion was that we had the ball too close to the goal line.

concerned
11-26-2016, 09:02 PM
Colorado is a good team (top-10 right now) with a lot to play for. It's not a surprise to me that it's a dogfight tonight. A good defense can make an offense look really bad.

Short yardage red zone is where we really miss booker

LA Ute
11-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Bring on basketball season!

DrumNFeather
11-26-2016, 10:40 PM
Short yardage red zone is where we really miss booker

And Shyne.

Rocker Ute
11-26-2016, 10:46 PM
Is it still racist to call him Fumblin' Joe? The University of Utah, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 2005.

I'm officially in the A-rod needs to go camp (but not at the expense of Harding becoming the full OC).

What a horrible way to end what should have been a special season. Go for it on 4th down on your own 35, don't go for it on the 50 with 6 minutes to go in the game and down two scores.

That's what is frustrating about this is it isn't like we couldn't win any of these games, we easily could have. But our own errors cost us.

CO is a good team, they'll lose to WA. USC would have likely pounded WA.

sancho
11-26-2016, 10:58 PM
Just got back from Boulder. Had a great time, but, man. You don't win games with FGs.

Our offense was better in the 2nd half. We were still big play dependent. Big plays and turnovers. We lived and died on big plays and turnovers this season.

From the stands, its hard to tell sometimes. CU's two offensive TDs came on pass interference calls. Were they good calls? They looked sketchy from the 35th row, and the stadium didn't replay them. I really wanted a PI on our 3rd and goal. Was it PI, or was it really good defense?

Fumbles and field goals.

DrumNFeather
11-26-2016, 10:59 PM
Is it still racist to call him Fumblin' Joe? The University of Utah, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 2005.

I'm officially in the A-rod needs to go camp (but not at the expense of Harding becoming the full OC).

What a horrible way to end what should have been a special season. Go for it on 4th down on your own 35, don't go for it on the 50 with 6 minutes to go in the game and down two scores.

That's what is frustrating about this is it isn't like we couldn't win any of these games, we easily could have. But our own errors cost us.

CO is a good team, they'll lose to WA. USC would have likely pounded WA.

I think UW is gonna hang about 40 on Colorado next week, which will put what our offense was able to do tonight in perspective.

Joe looked a lot like early season Joe today, and my goodness, does Troy Williams have no vision as a runner...he missed 3-4 opportunities if he makes the right move (easy for me to say from the couch, I know).

Our guys on offense had a lot of apathy on their faces...maybe that was the play calling, lack of success against the Buffs, I don't know. I do like the young talent we have on the team...but I do think we need to get a QB coach in here that can help develop that position.

sancho
11-26-2016, 11:05 PM
I think UW is gonna hang about 40 on Colorado next week, which will put what our offense was able to do tonight in perspective.

Joe looked a lot like early season Joe today, and my goodness, does Troy Williams have no vision as a runner...he missed 3-4 opportunities if he makes the right move (easy for me to say from the couch, I know).

He could have walked in for a TD on one of our goal to go downs. He just missed it. But that's on us - he's never been a great runner, and we keep trying to make him run the option.

I hope you are right about UW. Chris Pete owes us a favor for this one.

I was just surrounded by 50,000 Buffs fans who all just went to their first ever CU game. I really hope they go back to normal next year.

DrumNFeather
11-27-2016, 12:36 AM
He could have walked in for a TD on one of our goal to go downs. He just missed it. But that's on us - he's never been a great runner, and we keep trying to make him run the option.

I hope you are right about UW. Chris Pete owes us a favor for this one.

I was just surrounded by 50,000 Buffs fans who all just went to their first ever CU game. I really hope they go back to normal next year.
I believe they add UW next year and it is a home game...one of 4 in league play including SC. With 17 senior contributors graduating I think they'll take a step back. But give them credit...8-1 is impressive.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

snafu
11-28-2016, 10:40 AM
I have not seen any discussion on the Fulks kickoff return. I didn't get a good look at the replay but it looked to me like he stayed in bounds. The play was never even reviewed by the booth. Did anyone get a good look at it?

Dwight Schr-Ute
11-28-2016, 10:43 AM
I have not seen any discussion on the Fulks kickoff return. I didn't get a good look at the replay but it looked to me like he stayed in bounds. The play was never even reviewed by the booth. Did anyone get a good look at it?

It was very close regardless. Similar to the Oregon touchdown. Seemed crazy that they didn't take a closer look at it. Even crazier that Utah didn't call a time out given how hard it was for them to get in the end zone.

chrisrenrut
11-28-2016, 11:09 AM
It was very close regardless. Similar to the Oregon touchdown. Seemed crazy that they didn't take a closer look at it. Even crazier that Utah didn't call a time out given how hard it was for them to get in the end zone.

It was ruled out of bounds on the field, and I don't think there was a good camera angle that would have allowed them to overturn the ruling. Still, seemed like there were a few times when Utah might have benefited from a review, and the network didn't even replay on the tv screen for fans to look at it.

concerned
11-28-2016, 11:25 AM
It was ruled out of bounds on the field, and I don't think there was a good camera angle that would have allowed them to overturn the ruling. Still, seemed like there were a few times when Utah might have benefited from a review, and the network didn't even replay on the tv screen for fans to look at it.

Actually, the network did replay it from an endzone angle, not a sideline angle, and I thought it looked like his foot was barely on the line--barely out. Could have gone either way. As you say, there was not a good angle to overturn it.

DrumNFeather
11-28-2016, 11:30 AM
Actually, the network did replay it from an endzone angle, not a sideline angle, and I thought it looked like his foot was barely on the line--barely out. Could have gone either way. As you say, there was not a good angle to overturn it.

Either way...don't get cute, get the 3 damn yards you need and score.

LA Ute
11-29-2016, 08:15 AM
These close games are so complex. With fewer drops by the WRS, we are all celebrating today and the coaches are geniuses.