PDA

View Full Version : Carpeted gym floors

U-Ute
03-15-2017, 12:44 PM
I only ever played in one wardhouse that had a carpeted floor. I was surprised to learn that this was somewhat of a movement. I am glad to learn that it never took off. It was awful.

http://deadspin.com/satan-scourges-us-with-it-a-brief-history-of-carpeted-1793111588

Utah
03-15-2017, 01:11 PM
I grew up carpeted floors. Cool article.

There is a special place in hell for any bishop/stake president who wanted carpeted floors to discourage basketball from being played.

Those are the real nuts.

SoCalPat
03-15-2017, 01:42 PM
I grew up carpeted floors. Cool article.

There is a special place in hell for any bishop/stake president who wanted carpeted floors to discourage basketball from being played.

Those are the real nuts.

Not limited to church gyms, either. When the Orem Rec Center opened up in the early 1980s in the shadow of Mountain View HS, it too featured a carpeted gym. And this gym featured three regulation sized courts. I have no idea what it's like today.

Utah
03-15-2017, 01:56 PM
Not limited to church gyms, either. When the Orem Rec Center opened up in the early 1980s in the shadow of Mountain View HS, it too featured a carpeted gym. And this gym featured three regulation sized courts. I have no idea what it's like today.

That's right. I remember that. Crazy.