PDA

View Full Version : Gary Andersen Returns

Utah
01-02-2018, 10:51 AM
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2018/01/02/gary-andersen-returns-to-utahs-football-staff-as-associate-head-coach/

Great news for Utah. Very rarely does a school like Utah get the opportunity to bring in such a great coach in his prime.

Kyle’s successor is now on the staff, depending on when Kyle retires.

LA Ute
01-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Looks like it's official now:

Gary Andersen Returns to Ute Football Staff
Andersen will work with the defense as an associate head coach
http://www.utahutes.com/news/2018/1/1/gary-andersen-returns-to-ute-football-staff.aspx

snafu
01-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Assuming that KWhitt retires or leaves at some point, I highly doubt Gary Andersen would be in the running for the HC job at Utah as long as Chris Hill is running the show.

Just look at CHill's track record for hiring coaches. He has never gone after a retread. That's just not his MO.

However, this looks like a solid addition to the coaching staff. Go Utes!

sancho
01-02-2018, 12:29 PM
ADs are so cute with their hires, always trying to bring in program insiders or giving too much credence to current players. Those two ideas combined have given USC a solid decade of mediocre coaches. USC, who could hire truly great, established names.

concerned
01-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Assuming that KWhitt retires or leaves at some point, I highly doubt Gary Andersen would be in the running for the HC job at Utah as long as Chris Hill is running the show.

Just look at CHill's track record for hiring coaches. He has never gone after a retread. That's just not his MO.

However, this looks like a solid addition to the coaching staff. Go Utes!

I will wager my first born that Hill retires before Whit does; the next AD will hire the next coach. I suspect Hill will take that into account when deciding when to retire--a new AD should be able to hire his coach; not fair to either the AD or coach if Hill hires Whit's replacement and then retires. Same with LK, I suspect.

NorthwestUteFan
01-02-2018, 02:34 PM
I totally agree. Chris Hill won't stick around more than another year or so.

Applejack
01-03-2018, 03:33 AM
ADs are so cute with their hires, always trying to bring in program insiders or giving too much credence to current players. Those two ideas combined have given USC a solid decade of mediocre coaches. USC, who could hire truly great, established names.

Shhh...dont tell usc that.