PDA

View Full Version : The Basketball Scheduling Thread

DrumNFeather
03-09-2018, 12:36 PM
Since we have a thread on football scheduling, why not have one on basketball scheduling?

First, let's understand what the Quadrants are and what a win means:

Quadrant 1: Home games vs. RPI teams ranked in the top 30; neutral games vs. 1-50; away games vs. 1-75.
Quadrant 2: Home vs. 31-75 teams; neutral vs. 51-100; away vs. 76-135
Quadrant 3: Home vs. 76-160 teams; neutral vs. 101-200; away vs. 136-240.
Quadrant 4: Home vs. 161-plus teams; neutral vs. 201-plus; away vs. 241-plus.

I'm currently working on a look at how each team in the Pac 12 handled their scheduling in 2017-18, and how they fared vs. each Quadrant. Stay tuned, that's called a teaser.

Here are some things we know about next year's schedule:

Nevada - December 29, 2018 in the JMHC.

@ Kentucky - Date (TBD) - A road game at Rupp Arena almost certainly gives us a Q1 game, no matter the result.

@ Minnesota - November 12, 2018 First of a home and home, we'll start in Minneapolis.

(N) Hawaii - November 22, 9:30 PM, EST - At best a Q3 neutral site win, probably a Q4.

(N) Seton Hall/GCU Winner - November 23

(N) Miami/LaSalle / Northwestern/Fresno State - November 25

Tulsa - Home game on December 1. They finished with an RPI of 86 last year, so if that holds next season, you're looking at a Q3 game at home.

(N) BYU - We will play BYU on December 8 in Vivint Arena. If BYU has a year similar to this one, that game will likely be a Q2 or Q3 game.

@ Missouri - We play Missouri on the road next year. This season, a road game at Missouri would be a Q1 game. Can they reach a top 75 RPI without Michael Porter Jr.? They did this year. - Pushed to 2019-20

So that is 9 of our 12 (if we use the full allotment - thanks Andy) non-conference games next year.

Assuming it is not, that will leave us with 3 more games to schedule in the non-conference for 2018-19. It is hard to imagine that we will take another road game, but I would think that you could pretty easily get a Q2 road game that you have a decent shot at winning.

More to come on all of this.

concerned
03-09-2018, 12:41 PM
do we know if the Pac 12 is playing a 20 game schedule next year? Has that been decided?

DrumNFeather
03-09-2018, 12:52 PM
do we know if the Pac 12 is playing a 20 game schedule next year? Has that been decided?

"Under consideration."

UtahsMrSports
03-09-2018, 03:05 PM
With so many new faces, I think we need to make this schedule as light and easy as possible.

sancho
03-09-2018, 03:19 PM
With so many new faces, I think we need to make this schedule as light and easy as possible.

You're kidding, right?

UtahsMrSports
03-09-2018, 03:41 PM
You're kidding, right?

More like trolling, but yes.

DrumNFeather
03-12-2018, 02:12 PM
Larry was on with Bill today and sounded pretty frustrated about the perception of the Pac 12 as a down league, citing the league's 7-2 record against the SEC as one of the indicators that it wasn't so bad. When asked if the Utes would beef up their non-conference schedule in reaction to the committee he said "Oh hell yeah, I've already talked to Andy about it."

I'm still crunching some numbers here, but Utah had 9 Q1 opportunities this year and went 3-6, but only two of those opportunities were non-conference games. They had 6 Q2 opportunities this year and went 3-3 (3-4 if you count the loss to Oregon in the Pac12 tournament).

He also noted in the interview, as I did above, that you can't project results of teams like Ole Miss (and I would add UNLV, USU, BYU). Our neutral site games gave us nothing this year.

I don't think you have to tweak your scheduling model too much to come up with a competitive schedule that helps you get in the Dance, you just have to narrow the gap on what ultimately ends up being a Q1, Q2, Q3 game. Some of those margins are very narrow (Montana, for example is 1 RPI point from being a Q2 win for a few teams in our league).

With 4 neutral games and 1 true road game already on the docket for next year, it will be interesting to see how many other road games we attempt to play.

mUUser
03-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Larry was on with Bill today and sounded pretty frustrated about the perception of the Pac 12 as a down league, citing the league's 7-2 record against the SEC as one of the indicators that it wasn't so bad. When asked if the Utes would beef up their non-conference schedule in reaction to the committee he said "Oh hell yeah, I've already talked to Andy about it."......

Honestly, I'm on the verge of canceling our tickets. Take this year for example. There was only one non-conference game of any interest, plus two Sunday games (I get it....a personal choice) that would go unused by us. So basically, I'm missing as many games as I'm attending. Not sure that makes much sense. They beef up the non-con schedule to something respectable and I'm in. Probably hold on one more year to see where it goes.

snafu
03-12-2018, 04:02 PM
They had Xavier on the schedule. Throw in the Porter Jr. injury situation and so what looked like a couple of marquee games turned out very different then expected. Can't fault the Utes for those things. Personally I would like to see the conference organize something like the Big10 ACC challenge.

sancho
03-12-2018, 04:06 PM
something like the Big10 ACC challenge.

I used to push for a Pac-12 Big12 challenge, but the Big-12 partnered up with the SEC. Now, I've been pushing the Pac-12/BigEast challenge. Right coast, left coast. East v West. It's a lot of travel though. Maybe the Pac12/BigEast challenge could involve two game road trips.

Combine that with a preseason tournament and an expanded conference schedule, and all our high end scheduling needs would be taken care of. Just need to drop the low low end to be done.

DrumNFeather
03-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Alright, here is how the league fared in its Q1-Q4 games:

Sum
Arizona
Arizona St.
CAL
Colorado
Oregon
OSU
Stanford
UCLA
USC
Utah
Wash
WSU

Q1
3-3
3-4
1-8
2-7
3-4
0-7
2-9
3-6
4-5
3-6
3-5
1-6

Q2
8-3
5-4
1-7
4-2
4-3
4-4
6-1
5-2
4-4
3-3
2-4
2-7

Q3
7-1
7-2
4-3
5-5
5-3
4-4
5-3
7-2
7-0
7-1
8-2
3-4

Q4
5-0
5-0
2-5
5-0
8-0
6-0
4-1
6-0
7-0
6-0
7-0
6-1

Post-Conf Tourney

Q1
5-3
3-4
1-8
2-8
3-5
0-8
2-10
3-7
4-6
3-6
3-5
1-6

Q2
9-3
5-5
1-8
5-2
5-3
5-4
6-1
6-2
5-4
3-4
2-4
2-8

Q3
7-1
7-2
4-3
5-5
6-3
4-4
5-3
7-2
8-0
7-1
8-3
3-4

Q4
5-0
5-0
2-5
5-0
8-0
6-0
5-1
6-0
7-0
6-0
7-0
6-1

Final Record
27-7
20-11
8-23
18-14
21-12
16-15
18-14
20-11
23-11
19-11
20-12
12-19

Final RPI

As a league, we went just 9-16 in Q1 OOC opportunities, and two of those were wins by Cal and Wazzu, who end up being Q4 home wins for everyone in the league.

Seems to me that the number you really have to catch up on is those Q2 games, and you could play a team that ends up having an RPI in the low 130s and have that qualify as a Q2 win.

Stanford is a total mystery. 11 Q1 opportunities, 6-1 in Q2 opportunities, and then 3 Q3 losses and 1 Q4 losses. Take those away and the Cardinal are easily a tournament team.

I'm interested to see what Larry & Co. come up with for the remaining 7 non-conf. games. I'd love to see another true road game mixed in there with some good or decent home games. Nothing is a guarantee obviously, but there is room for a competitive schedule that doesn't kill your shot at the dance as long as you don't pull a Stanford and have inexplicable losses.

DrumNFeather
03-27-2018, 04:28 PM
The Wooden Legacy sent a tweet to the Utes to wish them well in their game tonight, and wouldn't you know, they have a graphic of their tournament field for next year with the final team added. Grand Canyon - RPI #162.

SoCalPat
04-01-2018, 01:33 PM
I used to push for a Pac-12 Big12 challenge, but the Big-12 partnered up with the SEC. Now, I've been pushing the Pac-12/BigEast challenge. Right coast, left coast. East v West. It's a lot of travel though. Maybe the Pac12/BigEast challenge could involve two game road trips.

Combine that with a preseason tournament and an expanded conference schedule, and all our high end scheduling needs would be taken care of. Just need to drop the low low end to be done.

Not only a lot of travel, but no real good way to make this work for TV and fans. If you're Providence, do you want to go to the West Coast for a game that tips off at 10 p.m. for your home fans? If you're Oregon and hosting Providence, are you willing to have a 5 p.m. start? College basketball is a TV sport, and very little about a coastal series makes sense for mid-week TV.

SoCalPat
04-01-2018, 01:34 PM
The Wooden Legacy sent a tweet to the Utes to wish them well in their game tonight, and wouldn't you know, they have a graphic of their tournament field for next year with the final team added. Grand Canyon - RPI #162.

Ugh. Provided Xavier isn't on the docket this year, Larry needs at least three top 100 teams in the non-con that aren't on the schedule, one of them being a top 50 lock.

DrumNFeather
04-01-2018, 02:45 PM
Ugh. Provided Xavier isn't on the docket this year, Larry needs at least three top 100 teams in the non-con that aren't on the schedule, one of them being a top 50 lock.I would imagine that the Missouri game ends up being top 100 easily...and that's a road game. I think we need to find another top 100 winnable road game (Montana would be a great example this year) and then get a good home game as well. I know we had discussions with Wisconsin a year or two ago. I would think that most teams will be open to it next year with what the committee did this year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

sancho
04-03-2018, 07:36 AM
Not only a lot of travel, but no real good way to make this work for TV and fans. If you're Providence, do you want to go to the West Coast for a game that tips off at 10 p.m. for your home fans? If you're Oregon and hosting Providence, are you willing to have a 5 p.m. start? College basketball is a TV sport, and very little about a coastal series makes sense for mid-week TV.

These sound like obstacles that can be overcome.

It will probably not ever make TV revenue like the ACC/BigTen Challenge, but it will certainly make more than Utah/High Point. These games replace garbage. Fans would certainly prefer an odd hour vs a good team over a normal hour vs a filler. Fox and ESPN are desperate for decent college basketball content in early December.

Besides, revenue in this case is a bonus. You do this primarily for scheduling competitiveness - for the committee. They say scheduling is hard. This gives a handful good games automatically. It takes the challenge away from the ADs/coaches (and it takes the decisions out of their hands, too).

The marquee game each year could be played in MSG. Players seem to get a kick out of that, so it would add another small recruiting chip for the best Pac-12 teams.

This should have happened years ago. If it had, the Pac-12 would have had extra games this season against Villanova, Seton Hall, Xavier, Providence, Creighton, and Butler - all tournament teams.

DrumNFeather
04-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Some interesting scheduling news starting to trickle out in college hoops - none of it Utah related, yet. St. Marys and Creighton I believe have agreed to a neutral site game. Butler and Florida are playing a home and home, and I think Oklahoma just agreed to a H/H with somebody...might have been Creighton as well. UNC has started doing 2 for 1s with in state schools and will travel to Wofford this next year, and UNC Wilmington (I think) the following season.

Which makes me wonder...how many of the in-state schools would be down with a 2 for 1 with Utah. I would imagine Southern Utah would do it in a heartbeat, and Weber possibly would too. Even UVU might do that just to get the home game. Now, as I've stated before, I think Larry should be taking his team on the road in the OOC more anyway, but these 2 for 1s might be a great way to start doing that. Likewise, outside of the beehive classic, I wonder if a team would be more likely to come to SLC if they played in Vivint instead of in the JMHC.

Utah
04-11-2018, 10:03 AM
A part of me thinks the in state schools would do a 2 for 1. Weber, UVU, Utah State would all be fun.

But it a part of me thinks that the other schools are still hurt over Utah moving onwards and upwards and wouldn’t agree to a 2 for 1. Also, if you are doing 2 for 1’s with all the other in state schools, then BYU really has no argument to playing them 2 for 1. It’s just standard policy. Plus, it’s not like they are a good program anyways.

Now it would be a good time to play USU and just crush them.

SoCalPat
04-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Some interesting scheduling news starting to trickle out in college hoops - none of it Utah related, yet. St. Marys and Creighton I believe have agreed to a neutral site game. Butler and Florida are playing a home and home, and I think Oklahoma just agreed to a H/H with somebody...might have been Creighton as well. UNC has started doing 2 for 1s with in state schools and will travel to Wofford this next year, and UNC Wilmington (I think) the following season.

Which makes me wonder...how many of the in-state schools would be down with a 2 for 1 with Utah. I would imagine Southern Utah would do it in a heartbeat, and Weber possibly would too. Even UVU might do that just to get the home game. Now, as I've stated before, I think Larry should be taking his team on the road in the OOC more anyway, but these 2 for 1s might be a great way to start doing that. Likewise, outside of the beehive classic, I wonder if a team would be more likely to come to SLC if they played in Vivint instead of in the JMHC.

We should never want to go to Cedar City when we've got Ogden nearby. SUU is the one school I would never want to see us work out a series that has us going down there. All the others are definitely in play -- even UVU. But Utah State will never agree to it, and Weber is iffy.

Scorcho
04-19-2018, 01:42 PM
in related news Wilner graded the Pac-12 schools OOC football schedule over the next 5 years.

Utah graded out a 'D'

sancho
04-19-2018, 01:48 PM
in related news Wilner graded the Pac-12 schools OOC football schedule over the next 5 years.

Utah graded out a 'D'

He's right. It's not a good schedule. You can still argue that it's a good strategy, though. We've had that debate.

Scorcho
04-19-2018, 02:07 PM
He's right. It's not a good schedule. You can still argue that it's a good strategy, though. We've had that debate.

I agree its a good strategy for football. The PAC-12 is difficult enough with 9 conference games that the OOC schedule is essentially irrelevant. Typically, that's true of OOC scheduling for PAC-12 basketball. The conference schedule should prove difficult enough that Utah shouldn't need to over-schedule. With 2 more basketball conference games added next year, I wonder what the impact will be?

sancho
04-19-2018, 02:17 PM
I agree its a good strategy for football. The PAC-12 is difficult enough with 9 conference games that the OOC schedule is essentially irrelevant.

The situation that would leave us wringing our hands is if we have a great season and get left out of the playoff in favor of teams that played tougher OOC schedules. It's a fairly unlikely scenario, but it could happen. Of course, we could also miss out due to an OOC loss to a tough team. It works both ways.

The likelier situation for us is that by finishing 3-0 OOC, we are more likely to be bowl eligible, and we are more likely to snag one of the better Pac-12 affiliated bowls.

On the other hand, what fan wouldn't like to see more good games on the schedule?

UTEopia
04-19-2018, 03:01 PM

Utah graded out a 'D'

He is right. The real head scratcher for me is Northern Illinois. I understand that they have had good teams in the past and that they could have a good team again this year, but it isn't in a recruiting area for us or in an area of heavy alumni base.

Applejack
04-19-2018, 11:49 PM
He is right. The real head scratcher for me is Northern Illinois. I understand that they have had good teams in the past and that they could have a good team again this year, but it isn't in a recruiting area for us or in an area of heavy alumni base.

True. The worst teams to schedule are cream-puff reputations that are legitimately good (No. Illinois, App. State, etc). If you are going to schedule crap, it better really stink.

That being said, I think I'll make the trip to DeKalb!

DrumNFeather
04-24-2018, 02:43 PM
20 game league schedule to be discussed at the Pac 12 meetings in Phoenix. Earliest we'd see it is 19-20: https://frshoopz.com/cbb/rothstein-pac-12-considering-shift-to-20-game-conference-schedule/

SoCalPat
04-29-2018, 11:18 PM
20 game league schedule to be discussed at the Pac 12 meetings in Phoenix. Earliest we'd see it is 19-20: https://frshoopz.com/cbb/rothstein-pac-12-considering-shift-to-20-game-conference-schedule/

Someone has to explain to me why this is a good idea.

U-Ute
04-30-2018, 08:05 AM

Me too. I don't see any real difference between 18 and 20.

Scorcho
04-30-2018, 08:28 AM

better games, better competition and against schools I have a vested interest in. I like it, I wish it was a full round robin go to 22.

sancho
04-30-2018, 09:28 AM
better games, better competition and against schools I have a vested interest in. I like it, I wish it was a full round robin go to 22.

Me too.

SoCalPat
04-30-2018, 09:46 AM

Then go to 22. I don't see the point in going to 20, as you still have the same problems with an unbalanced schedule.

Dwight Schr-Ute
05-10-2018, 09:57 AM
Word is we’ve added a home game with Tulsa for next year’s non-conference schedule. Any school that I’ve actually heard of seems like a reason to celebrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scratch
05-10-2018, 10:27 AM
I assume there must be a missing word in that tweet; I'm pretty sure there also has to be a "North," "South," East," "West," or at least "Valley" or "A&M"in there somewhere.

DrumNFeather
05-10-2018, 03:21 PM
Finished with an RPI of 86 last year. That's a Q3 home win for those tracking at home...wait...only me? Well then...

SoCalPat
05-14-2018, 09:59 AM
Finished with an RPI of 86 last year. That's a Q3 home win for those tracking at home...wait...only me? Well then...

Had 8 players start 8 or more games, five of those players return. Lose two of their top three returning scorers, but the one that returns is their starting PG. Also have a transfer from Nebraska who saw good minutes as a true. Always the potential for a Q2 win with Tulsa. This game doesn't sound sexy, but is Cindy Crawford next to some of the dogs we've scheduled at home under Larry. Good addition.

Dwight Schr-Ute
05-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Okay. Krystkoviak trolling Utah fans who complain about the out of conference schedule (me) now.

DrumNFeather
05-15-2018, 09:39 AM
Fair to say they just put a Q1 game on the schedule for the next two years.

Dwight Schr-Ute
05-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Fair to say they just put a Q1 game on the schedule for the next two years.

We'll have to see. Their recruiting class this year was only ranked #2. May be a down year for them.

DrumNFeather
05-15-2018, 10:32 AM
We'll have to see. Their recruiting class this year was only ranked #2. May be a down year for them.

Haha...yes...yes we'll see.

I'd love to see the Utes start playing a couple of neutral site games per year, especially in a place like Vegas. Seems to make a ton of sense.

SoCalPat
05-15-2018, 10:48 AM
Haha...yes...yes we'll see.

I'd love to see the Utes start playing a couple of neutral site games per year, especially in a place like Vegas. Seems to make a ton of sense.

This series is exactly what I asked for. Would I like to see UK at the JHC? Of course. But Vegas is an acceptable site for a return game with a program of this magnitude.

Get used to seeing this more and more often. We've already played UNLV twice in Vegas without a return trip, so getting a true neutral-site site game there is a step forward. And we'll get a football game there once every 5-6 years too once the Raiders stadium is built.

U-Ute
05-15-2018, 12:05 PM
I am going to have to talk the wife into a road trip. A game at Rupp would be amazing.

DrumNFeather
05-15-2018, 03:04 PM
Andy Hill on with Bill Riley: https://espn700sports.com/bill-riley-show/utah-basketball-assistant-coach-andy-hill-discussed-the-kentucky-series/

Some interesting nuggets on how the game came to be. Coach Cal was at a clinic in Texas that Andy was at, and Andy walked up to him after the clinic and asked if they wanted to play. Cal put him in touch with his basketball opps guy and bada bing bada boom, we're playing the Cats the next two years.

He also mentioned that because of the Wooden Legacy, we get an extra game, and that they are currently working with the teams in that field to try and get one of them to SLC on the way to the tournament, which would be interesting.

Dwight Schr-Ute
05-15-2018, 04:09 PM
I bet Keith and Majerus together were a riot.

LA Ute
05-15-2018, 04:16 PM
Isn't it just a bit of a slap in the face that we don't get a home and home with KY?

DrumNFeather
05-15-2018, 04:20 PM
Isn't it just a bit of a slap in the face that we don't get a home and home with KY?

In the last three years they've played four true road games in the non-con: @UCLA, @Louisville, @Kansas, @WVU. So, I would say no. I think this is the price of admission to play them. According to Andy Hill, they wanted to play at MSG or at the Barlcays Center, so for us to get them to Vegas actually seems like a pretty decent win for a non-home game against a blue blood.

LA Ute
05-15-2018, 04:21 PM
In the last three years they've played four true road games in the non-con: @UCLA, @Louisville, @Kansas, @WVU. So, I would say no. I think this is the price of admission to play them. According to Andy Hill, they wanted to play at MSG or at the Barlcays Center, so for us to get them to Vegas actually seems like a pretty decent win for a non-home game against a blue blood.

Well, all right then!

Two Utes
05-15-2018, 04:42 PM
I am going to have to talk the wife into a road trip. A game at Rupp would be amazing.

Watched my son play there. They built a mall around Rupp Arena. Food isn't great, but you're in Rupp and that is an experience alone. I was there on a Tuesday. 22k strong in the building on a Tuesday night. Driving in to Lexington, the outskirts seem shady. Downtown has some cool old restaurants and such.

I liked Cameron Indoor and the Tar Heel stadiums better. South Carolina has an underrated arena and Columbia by the campus is nice.

I think my favorite still, is the Pit.

Two Utes
05-15-2018, 04:46 PM
This series is exactly what I asked for. Would I like to see UK at the JHC? Of course. But Vegas is an acceptable site for a return game with a program of this magnitude.

Get used to seeing this more and more often. We've already played UNLV twice in Vegas without a return trip, so getting a true neutral-site site game there is a step forward. And we'll get a football game there once every 5-6 years too once the Raiders stadium is built.

This exactly what the hoops team needs. Play anybody. And when you schedule the mid and low majors, schedule teams that you think are going to win their conference title.

hostile
05-15-2018, 09:18 PM
Watched my son play there. They built a mall around Rupp Arena. Food isn't great, but you're in Rupp and that is an experience alone. I was there on a Tuesday. 22k strong in the building on a Tuesday night. Driving in to Lexington, the outskirts seem shady. Downtown has some cool old restaurants and such.

I liked Cameron Indoor and the Tar Heel stadiums better. South Carolina has an underrated arena and Columbia by the campus is nice.

I think my favorite still, is the Pit.
That could be a fun road trip. Hope it doesn’t coincide w HS BBall this year.

SoCalPat
05-17-2018, 07:11 PM
We need another Q1 home game this year. I would take another Q1 road game, but that dance partner would need to deliver us a H-H with a Q2 or better that begins in SLC.

Fill out the schedule with Q3s or better -- there are plenty such teams we can get to SLC without a return trip. Shoot, I would still give Weber a call. If they want a return trip next year, take it.

Mormon Red Death
05-17-2018, 08:15 PM
That could be a fun road trip. Hope it doesn’t coincide w HS BBall this year. Saturday December 15th

DrumNFeather
05-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Larry was just on with Bill talking about the scheduling challenges, etc. Said he's reached out to a number of contacts that he knows in the coaching ranks. Mentioned three specifically that we've talked to about a home and home: Georgia, Maryland, and Georgetown. He seemed to think that Georgetown was the most likely because he's got a pretty strong relationship with Patrick Ewing, but Ewing isn't sure he wants to come out West (with the insinuation being that they don't recruit out West).

Scorcho
05-18-2018, 12:53 PM
Larry was just on with Bill talking about the scheduling challenges, etc. Said he's reached out to a number of contacts that he knows in the coaching ranks. Mentioned three specifically that we've talked to about a home and home: Georgia, Maryland, and Georgetown. He seemed to think that Georgetown was the most likely because he's got a pretty strong relationship with Patrick Ewing, but Ewing isn't sure he wants to come out West (with the insinuation being that they don't recruit out West).

I bet most Georgetown players have never had Fry Sauce or Salt Water Taffy, they're going to miss out.

Scorcho
05-18-2018, 12:57 PM

ESPN 700‏Verified account @ESPN700 (https://twitter.com/ESPN700) 23m23 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ESPN700/status/997545722311426048)More

"I hate to break it to people, but Kentucky wasn't going to play in the Huntsman Center and they weren't going to play in Vivint either. So T-Mobile Arena in Vegas was the next best thing." -Larry Krystkowiak #Utes (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Utes?src=hash)

LA Ute
05-18-2018, 03:04 PM
ESPN 700‏Verified account @ESPN700 (https://twitter.com/ESPN700) 23m23 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/ESPN700/status/997545722311426048)More

"I hate to break it to people, but Kentucky wasn't going to play in the Huntsman Center and they weren't going to play in Vivint either. So T-Mobile Arena in Vegas was the next best thing." -Larry Krystkowiak #Utes (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Utes?src=hash)

Yeah, I get it.

SoCalPat
05-20-2018, 08:19 PM

I would gladly take a H-N-A set with Georgetown, with the neutral game anywhere G-Town wants, outside of DC/VA/MD. But the Hoyas have to come to SLC first.

DrumNFeather
05-29-2018, 04:22 PM
Pac 12 is tinkering with the idea of not having a rotating schedule planned out years in advance, but rather, matching up the best teams (like the A-10 apparently does) to better increase the league's chances of getting into the big dance.

https://frshoopz.com/cbb/rothstein-pac-12-exploring-new-methods-for-conference-scheduling/

A separate source told FRS Sports that the Pac-12 has asked each head coach to pick next year’s order of finish 1-12 in an effort to gauge which matchups next year would yield the best possible formula in preparations for the 2019 NCAA Tournament.

Dwight Schr-Ute
05-29-2018, 05:23 PM
Pac 12 is tinkering with the idea of not having a rotating schedule planned out years in advance, but rather, matching up the best teams (like the A-10 apparently does) to better increase the league's chances of getting into the big dance.

https://frshoopz.com/cbb/rothstein-pac-12-exploring-new-methods-for-conference-scheduling/

And by “best” teams, that will be based on pre-season rankings that we all know have been super accurate.

sancho
05-29-2018, 06:04 PM
And by “best” teams, that will be based on pre-season rankings that we all know have been super accurate.

The tail wags the dog. Instead of fixing the criteria, we force conferences to gyrate and contort in attempts to game the criteria.

LA Ute
05-30-2018, 08:06 AM
The tail wags the dog. Instead of fixing the criteria, we force conferences to gyrate and contort in attempts to game the criteria.

Like.

Dwight Schr-Ute
06-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Harlan already getting things done. Home and home scheduled with Minnesota.

https://frshoopz.com/cbb/rothstein-minnesota-and-utah-to-start-home-and-home-series/

Old Standing ute
06-04-2018, 11:52 AM
I grew up on Golden Gopher BB. They still play in Williams Arena. (The Barn) on campus. elevated floor, step up to get from bench to floor. I am sure it has been renovated—use to have a metal overhanging deck that would bounce when the fans were stamping their feet. Big loud arena, fun place to watch a game.

concerned
06-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Road games next year; home or neutral games the year after; suggests we are building for a run the year after next.

DrumNFeather
06-04-2018, 12:35 PM
The Gophers finished with an RPI of 164 last year...and I think they had some issue with one of their top guys getting booted, but whatever. It's a P5 road game and certainly has the potential to be a Q2 game next year.

DrumNFeather
06-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Someone tweeted out a conversation between Andy Katz and Richard Pitino. Of note, said the game vs. Utah was a road game in Salt Lake. Not sure if that was a typo, misunderstanding, but interesting nonetheless.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Scorcho
06-06-2018, 10:42 AM
good article on Krysko's scheduling philosophy

“There’s also a factor that comes into play with our league,” Krystkowiak said of scheduling. “Leagues try to win 75 percent of their games. That’s a barometer that benefits the entire league. It’s not just what Utah does. You can be a scheduling gangster and just go out and play Kentucky and Kansas and Duke and everybody else, but that isn’t going to help your league unless you’ve got the right team that can do some damage.”

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Article/Utahs-Larry-Krystkowiak-Being-a-scheduling-gangster-doesnt-necessarily-help-anyone-118834502

Scorcho
06-06-2018, 11:55 AM
good article on Krysko's scheduling philosophy

https://247sports.com/college/utah/Article/Utahs-Larry-Krystkowiak-Being-a-scheduling-gangster-doesnt-necessarily-help-anyone-118834502

and then there is this from Arizona State?

https://twitter.com/DougHaller/status/1004412357026566144

DrumNFeather
06-21-2018, 11:30 AM
The Cougars have released their non-conference schedule: https://byucougars.com/story/m-basketball/1285162/BYU-announces-2018-19-nonconference-schedule

Based on what we've seen in the past, that is, teams coming to Utah and playing both Utah and BYU, here are some options for filling out our home schedule:

Northwestern State (342)
Oral Roberts (253)
Alabama A&M (350)
Rice (329)
Portland State (162)

So, these would all be Q4 quality opponents, based on last year's RPI.

They also play Houston, but I doubt they'd go back to back with Utah and BYU.

SoCalPat
06-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Nevada added to the schedule, home game this year Dec. 29, return trip to Reno in 2019-20. Massive add to the schedule, and a Q1 home game for this year.

Everything I've asked for in a non-conference schedule has been brought forth by Larry and his staff. This is glorious!

DrumNFeather
06-25-2018, 10:23 AM
Man...I try to get some work done and this news breaks! Big time add to the schedule for sure.

sancho
06-25-2018, 10:48 AM
Nevada added to the schedule, home game this year Dec. 29, return trip to Reno in 2019-20. Massive add to the schedule, and a Q1 home game for this year.

Everything I've asked for in a non-conference schedule has been brought forth by Larry and his staff. This is glorious!

Good news. I might be in SLC for that, too!

Dwight Schr-Ute
06-25-2018, 11:11 AM
Solid addition. This season's schedule is exponentially better than last year's.

LA Ute
06-25-2018, 11:46 AM

Looks like he is finally listening to you!

DrumNFeather
06-25-2018, 12:27 PM

Not a bad first day for the new AD eh? ;)

SoCalPat
06-25-2018, 09:02 PM

Larry's come through on my demands in non-con scheduling, now it's up to me to keep my end of the bargain, and not lose my shizz when we lose a few of these games.

Fortunately, we've got a lot of margin of error in this schedule. We're in the 8-9 game in the Dance by going 19-11, 9-9 in league and a win in Vegas.

DrumNFeather
06-27-2018, 12:35 PM
Stanford releases its non-con for 18-19 season. Remember, last year they had all the pieces in place on their schedule, they just dropped some mind-numbingly stupid games like EWU. https://gostanford.com/news/2018/6/25/mens-basketball-nonconference-schedule.aspx

This schedule is highlighted by road games at UNC and Kansas. The move I think is particularly brilliant is that they scheduled a home and home with UNC Wilmington, and travel there the same weekend they play UNC. Wilmington was a tourney team last year, and I believe could be one this year as well, so you get another quality game on the schedule, and on a road trip you are already taking. Would be interesting to see if Larry & Co. would do this when they played the likes of Kentucky or Missouri in future schedules.

SoCalPat
06-27-2018, 04:40 PM
Stanford releases its non-con for 18-19 season. Remember, last year they had all the pieces in place on their schedule, they just dropped some mind-numbingly stupid games like EWU. https://gostanford.com/news/2018/6/25/mens-basketball-nonconference-schedule.aspx

This schedule is highlighted by road games at UNC and Kansas. The move I think is particularly brilliant is that they scheduled a home and home with UNC Wilmington, and travel there the same weekend they play UNC. Wilmington was a tourney team last year, and I believe could be one this year as well, so you get another quality game on the schedule, and on a road trip you are already taking. Would be interesting to see if Larry & Co. would do this when they played the likes of Kentucky or Missouri in future schedules.

That Battle 4 Atlantis field is stacked -- Florida, Butler, Virginia, Dayton, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Middle Tennessee.

I always said that Stanford's non-con performance hurt the Pac-12 more than anything. Lots of quality Q1/2 wins went by the wayside.

DrumNFeather
07-11-2018, 09:27 AM
The Utes and Minnesota made it official yesterday. They'll travel to Minneapolis on November 12. Assuming Missouri stays on the schedule (I have no reason to believe they wont), that leaves us with three games left to schedule, and Bill Riley hinted the other day that there might be one more game out there.

Looking at last year's schedule, and trying to piece together what things might look like this year, I think we will probably play an exhibition on November 1 or 2, and probably open the season at home on November 7. Then we travel to Minnesota on the 12th, and probably get 1-2 more home games before heading out for the Wooden legacy over thanksgiving.

That leaves the last week of November and the month of December for the remaining games @ Kentucky, @ Missouri, vs. Tulsa (Dec 1), vs. BYU (Dec. 8) vs. Nevada (Dec 29) and probably 1 more game before we head into conference play, which I suspect will Start January 2 for someone in the league.

DrumNFeather
07-11-2018, 11:48 AM
Edit: A rumor no more: https://espnevents.com/wooden-legacy/bracket/

Utah/Hawaii - 9:30 PM, Mountain, ESPN 2
Seton Hall/GCU
Miami/LaSalle
Northwestern/Fresno St.

Hawaii gives you at best a Q3 win on a neutral court, and very likely a Q4 win. Seton Hall could easily be a Q1 game and if somehow they beat them, Miami could be as well if they get there.

DrumNFeather
07-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Full non-conference schedule:

DrumNFeather
07-12-2018, 10:25 AM
vs. Maine - Final RPI 338 (Q4)
@ Minnesota - Final RPI 164 (Q3)
vs. Mississippi Valley St. - Final RPI 349 (Q4)
(N) vs. Hawaii - Final RPI 212 (Q4, at best Q3)
(N) vs. Seton Hall/GCU (Q1 for Seton Hall, Q3-4 for GCU)
(N) vs. Miami/LaSalle, Northwestern/Fresno St. (Q1-4 - We'll just have to see)
vs. Tulsa - Final RPI 86 (Q3)
(N) BYU - Final RPI 69 (Q2 - Q3)
@ Kentucky - Q1
vs. Florida A&M - Final RPI - 332 (Q4)
vs. Northern Arizona - Final RPI 308 (Q4)
vs. Nevada - Q1

Credit where credit is due. This is a good schedule.

DrumNFeather
07-12-2018, 10:33 AM
Of note: Missouri off the schedule. I wonder if that game was bought out or postponed to another season.

SoCalPat
07-12-2018, 12:24 PM
vs. Maine - Final RPI 338 (Q4)
@ Minnesota - Final RPI 164 (Q3)
vs. Mississippi Valley St. - Final RPI 349 (Q4)
(N) vs. Hawaii - Final RPI 212 (Q4, at best Q3)
(N) vs. Seton Hall/GCU (Q1 for Seton Hall, Q3-4 for GCU)
(N) vs. Miami/LaSalle, Northwestern/Fresno St. (Q1-4 - We'll just have to see)
vs. Tulsa - Final RPI 86 (Q3)
(N) BYU - Final RPI 69 (Q2 - Q3)
@ Kentucky - Q1
vs. Florida A&M - Final RPI - 332 (Q4)
vs. Northern Arizona - Final RPI 308 (Q4)
vs. Nevada - Q1

Credit where credit is due. This is a good schedule.

We need Minnesota and BYU to be good, and we need to beat them. Splitting Kentucky/Nevada would be huge. If we're starting out with a Q4 in Anaheim, I hope we can get Q2 or better in our other two games there. Still too much Q4 dreck on the schedule, and from such far-flung places. Why we don't schedule UVU, Weber and SUU instead is beyond me. All 3 schools would be massive upgrades ahead of Maine, MVSU and Florida A&M. Talk about a place where the legislature should get involved ...

sancho
07-12-2018, 12:48 PM
Talk about a place where the legislature should get involved ...

I'm pretty sure most of the legislature doesn't know what UVU, SUU, and WSU stand for.

Old Standing ute
07-12-2018, 12:49 PM
USU wants a home & home—Utes don’t make enough $ or Q level to travel there.

Might be the same for Weber.

Maine et al, are not home & home.

It all comes down to $$.

Scorcho
07-12-2018, 02:28 PM
Of note: Missouri off the schedule. I wonder if that game was bought out or postponed to another season.

Bill Riley‏Verified account @espn700bill (https://twitter.com/espn700bill) 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/espn700bill/status/1017503531660537857)More

For those that have inquired about Missouri and Utah Game this season. Andy Hill told me today on the show, it's been pushed back a year for "logisitical" issues. #Utes (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Utes?src=hash) @ESPN700 (https://twitter.com/ESPN700)

Utebiquitous
07-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Weber would play us every year in the Huntsman Center - at least as long as the current staff is there, SUU as well. Give USU a few more years and they'll be willing to do the same. In the meantime, the Weber State game should happen.

SoCalPat
07-12-2018, 04:24 PM
USU wants a home & home—Utes don’t make enough $ or Q level to travel there.

Might be the same for Weber.

Maine et al, are not home & home.

It all comes down to $$.

Didn't mention USU. Did mention Utah Valley (UVU). You're right in that Weber probably wants H-H, and I for the life of me don't know why we don't give it to them.

There are still guarantees we gotta give those schools. I know for a fact when College of Idaho came for a regular season game, we gave them $5K plus expenses. Stanford gave Bethune-Cookman $75K plus expenses. We could give SUU and UVU a fraction of what we'll have to give Maine, MVSU and Florida A&M, and we'll sell more tickets.

DrumNFeather
07-13-2018, 07:59 AM
Didn't mention USU. Did mention Utah Valley (UVU). You're right in that Weber probably wants H-H, and I for the life of me don't know why we don't give it to them.

There are still guarantees we gotta give those schools. I know for a fact when College of Idaho came for a regular season game, we gave them $5K plus expenses. Stanford gave Bethune-Cookman $75K plus expenses. We could give SUU and UVU a fraction of what we'll have to give Maine, MVSU and Florida A&M, and we'll sell more tickets.

The one thing Andy Hill did say on the Bill Riley show yesterday is that sometimes it is about trying to fit an opponent into a specific window/day you want to play and time, etc., and that he understands that the fans might be frustrated by some of those opponents, but that it is a pretty small list (or at least that is what he implied) when you consider all of those factors, etc. I'm not sure if I buy that completely, I think to your larger point, you call SUU and say "when are you available to play" and go from there to maybe fill one of those spots in late December...or, maybe you see if you can get one of these teams when you play Colorado and have a bye.

Diehard Ute
07-13-2018, 10:29 AM
The one thing Andy Hill did say on the Bill Riley show yesterday is that sometimes it is about trying to fit an opponent into a specific window/day you want to play and time, etc., and that he understands that the fans might be frustrated by some of those opponents, but that it is a pretty small list (or at least that is what he implied) when you consider all of those factors, etc. I'm not sure if I buy that completely, I think to your larger point, you call SUU and say "when are you available to play" and go from there to maybe fill one of those spots in late December...or, maybe you see if you can get one of these teams when you play Colorado and have a bye.

I don’t think you want to squeeze a game in during the one week window.

Conference schedule with TV makes it much more chaotic, Larry was pretty vocal last year that his guys lacked down time and practice time.

The other issue, the conference doesn’t set the conference schedule until September.

DrumNFeather
07-13-2018, 01:24 PM
I don’t think you want to squeeze a game in during the one week window.

Conference schedule with TV makes it much more chaotic, Larry was pretty vocal last year that his guys lacked down time and practice time.

The other issue, the conference doesn’t set the conference schedule until September.

Probably not...but last year the schedule was really wonky. Andy said they've voted on an A vs. B schedule and that the league should lock that in and then the TV partners get their say. But you are right, it would be hard to hold your schedule captive waiting for the league schedule to come out.

DrumNFeather
07-16-2018, 12:34 PM
Pac 12 pairings have been announced. Short version: Play everyone in the South twice as well as Washington/Wazzu. Play Oregon schools at home and bay area schools on the road.

DrumNFeather
07-17-2018, 11:57 AM
One note on a non-conference opponent I thought was interesting - Tulsa, who, as I understand it is a one-off home game, has a pretty respectable non-conference schedule. They play Nevada and Dayton on neutral courts, and home games against Kansas St. and Oklahoma St. They also play UT Arlington who has been good recently and New Orleans and Little Rock, who've both been tournament teams in the last few years. If this is a true one-off and not a home and home, it's a pretty good get for the Utes, and I think they will easily be a Q3 win and certainly not a game that is going to hurt our RPI.

DrumNFeather
07-19-2018, 06:50 PM
Arizona releases its schedule (sort of)

Home:

TBA
Cal Poly
UTEP
Texas Southern
UVU
Baylor
Montana
UC Davis

Road
UCONN
Alabama

Neutral - 3 games in Maui.

DrumNFeather
09-27-2018, 11:29 AM
Full Schedule Out: https://utahutes.com/documents/2018/9/27//Utah_MBB_2018_19_Schedule_FINAL.pdf

8 of our league games are on P12 Network, the other 10 are on the ESPN family of networks. @Minnesota will be on Big 10, @Kentucky will be on ESPN2, vs. BYU is on ESPNU, Nevada/Tulsa on P12 Network, and the Thanksgiving tournament will mostly be on ESPN2/U.

Applejack
09-27-2018, 03:38 PM
full schedule out: https://utahutes.com/documents/2018/9/27//utah_mbb_2018_19_schedule_final.pdf

8 of our league games are on p12 network, the other 10 are on the espn family of networks. @minnesota will be on big 10, @kentucky will be on espn2, vs. Byu is on espnu, nevada/tulsa on p12 network, and the thanksgiving tournament will mostly be on espn2/u.

don't you know there is a hearing right now!!! How can you post about basketball on this sports webpage????!

SoCalPat
09-28-2018, 09:34 AM
Full Schedule Out: https://utahutes.com/documents/2018/9/27//Utah_MBB_2018_19_Schedule_FINAL.pdf

8 of our league games are on P12 Network, the other 10 are on the ESPN family of networks. @Minnesota will be on Big 10, @Kentucky will be on ESPN2, vs. BYU is on ESPNU, Nevada/Tulsa on P12 Network, and the Thanksgiving tournament will mostly be on ESPN2/U.

Really no excuse for Nevada to be relegated to P12 Network. At the very least, that or Tulsa should've been ESPN/2/U. Also wish our Arizona roadie wasn't on P12 Nets. But us DirecTV folk will still get plenty of chances to see Utah on TV this year.

chrisrenrut
09-28-2018, 11:14 AM
Only one Sunday game. I like that personally, and it should be good for attendance numbers.

Scorcho
10-09-2018, 09:25 AM
NWTRU is OCT. 17th at 7 PM, damn that seems earlier than ever

DrumNFeather
11-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Utes announced as part of the field for next year's Myrtle Beach Invitational. Here's the field:

Ohio
Coastal Carolina
Baylor
Memphis
Mississippi St.
Middle Tennessee St.
Villanova
Utah

Adding this group to a home schedule that we know will include Minnesota and BYU, and a road schedule that will include Nevada and potentially Missouri, and a neutral game vs. Kentucky. Could be another fun year in the non-conf.

Mormon Red Death
11-17-2018, 05:02 AM
Utes announced as part of the field for next year's Myrtle Beach Invitational. Here's the field:

Ohio
Coastal Carolina
Baylor
Memphis
Mississippi St.
Middle Tennessee St.
Villanova
Utah

Adding this group to a home schedule that we know will include Minnesota and BYU, and a road schedule that will include Nevada and potentially Missouri, and a neutral game vs. Kentucky. Could be another fun year in the non-conf.Hell yes! I'll be there.

DrumNFeather
03-26-2019, 09:10 AM
I posted this on the Twitter yesterday - season in review against the schedule:

Utah basketball Season in review: The Schedule (thread):

The Utes played 29 of a possible 30 regular season games this year. 11 Non-conf, 18 conf. Finishing 17-13 (11-7) - NET of 105

Here's the breakdown by Quadrant:

Q1 - 6 (1-5)
Q2 - 11 (6-5)
Q3 - 8 (5-3)
Q4 - 5 (5-0)

Utes non-conference Quadrant Breakdown

Q1 (0-3) @ Minnesota, @ Kentucky, vs. Nevada
Q2 (1-2) N Grand Canyon- W, N Northwestern-L, N BYU - L
Q3 (1-1) vs. Tulsa W, N Hawaii - L
Q4 (4-0) vs. Maine, vs. NAU, vs. Florida A&M, vs. MVSU

For the last two seasons, the Utes have played only 11 of their possible 12 non-conference games. Why that is remains a mystery.

If you want to look at where things really turned for them, you can point to the Neutral site loss to Hawaii. A win in that game, and they are matched up with Seton Hall, who finished with a NET of 57. Even if they lose to the Pirates, that's another Q1 game on the schedule.

In Pac12 Hoops this year, Utah finished 11-7, however, the entire league only had 4 opportunities for Q1 wins on the road, and, based on final NET rankings as of Selection Sunday none at home. Because the Utes didn't play at Oregon, they only had 3 Q1 road opportunities

Contrast the Pac 12 with the Big East (5th in conference RPI to the Pac 12's 7). The Big East had 8 Q1 Road opportunities and 2 home Q1 opportunities. Again, the Pac 12 had 4 road and 0 home opportunities.

Add to the fact that for much of the year Cal and Wazzu were in the 200s in the NET rankings (something no other P5 league approached), and you have a major problem that in a singular season can only be addressed in your non-conference schedule. #Utes

Adding Cal and Wazzu to 4 Q4 non-conference games means that 17% of the Utes non-conference schedule were Q4 games. Chances are, that Cal and Wazzu will be bad again this year, so Utah needs to anticipate this in its scheduling for 2019, but that is for another thread.

Bottom Line on the 2018-19 Utes schedule:

Being 1-5 in Q1/Q2 games in non-conference gives you little room for error in your other games, and losing to Hawaii, NW, and BYU really damaged their NET ranking and chances to even be in the discussion for a post-season tournament.

DrumNFeather
05-08-2019, 09:40 AM
Utes in the 2020 Battle for Atlantis field:

Duke
Ohio St.
WVU
Utes
Texas A&M
Wichita St.
Creighton
Conference USA Rep.

SoCalPat
05-08-2019, 10:55 AM
Utes in the 2020 Battle for Atlantis field:

Duke
Ohio St.
WVU
Utes
Texas A&M
Wichita St.
Creighton
Conference USA Rep.

I've got to imagine Wichita State-Creighton is locked into a first-round game so an old MVC rivalry can be renewed. Duke or Ohio State will get the C-USA rep. Hard to imagine not getting a very tough game in our opener. This is a great tournament.

DrumNFeather
05-20-2019, 03:08 PM
Newly approved Pac-12 basketball scheduling rules:

1 - Opponents must have a 5 year trailing average NET ranking of 175 or less
2 - No road buy games
3 - No regular season games against non-D1 opponents
4 - No road games against teams with a 5 year trailing average NET ranking of 200 or less

LA Ute
05-20-2019, 03:46 PM

2 - No road buy games
4 - No road games against teams with a 5 year trailing average NET ranking of 200 or less

Impressive. Looks like the PAC-12 wants to polish up its profile.

UTEopia
05-20-2019, 04:54 PM

2 - No road buy games

I'm sure someone has this or knows where to get it, but taking last year as an example, which schools would we not have played?

sancho
05-20-2019, 04:55 PM
I'm sure someone has this or knows where to get it, but taking last year as an example, which schools would we not have played?

I think our schedule would have been the same. That's what twitter was saying anyway. The average net of our opponents met the 175 standard.

Diehard Ute
05-21-2019, 05:54 AM
I think our schedule would have been the same. That's what twitter was saying anyway. The average net of our opponents met the 175 standard.

Yeah, the game against Kentucky would have saved last year.

Going forward they’ll have to avoid teams over 300. You can’t always count on the really high game to offset them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DrumNFeather
05-21-2019, 09:00 AM

Yeah, the game against Kentucky would have saved last year.

Going forward they’ll have to avoid teams over 300. You can’t always count on the really high game to offset them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right. Based on what we know right now, the average NET comes in at around 161, which includes our exempt event. I'm seeking further clarification on this though, since we cannot control who we play in those exempt events.

UTEopia
05-21-2019, 10:55 AM
Right. Based on what we know right now, the average NET comes in at around 161, which includes our exempt event. I'm seeking further clarification on this though, since we cannot control who we play in those exempt events.

Well then this is basically form over substance.

chrisrenrut
05-21-2019, 11:00 AM
Is #1 by opponent, or in aggregate?

Diehard sayin that Kentucky averages out some of he lesser teams seems to indicate it's out opponents in aggregate. But the wording to me seems to indicate that each opponent must be 175 or less on average for the past 5 years.

sancho
05-21-2019, 11:54 AM
Is #1 by opponent, or in aggregate?

Diehard sayin that Kentucky averages out some of he lesser teams seems to indicate it's out opponents in aggregate. But the wording to me seems to indicate that each opponent must be 175 or less on average for the past 5 years.

It is just an average. The wording is misleading, but they clarified yesterday. It's not a huge change, but it's probably wiser to make incremental changes than huge changes.

DrumNFeather
05-22-2019, 08:19 PM
Utes will open at Nevada on November 5th, per Twitter.

DrumNFeather
05-23-2019, 08:52 AM
So, for those keeping track at home (only me):

Nov 5 - @ Nevada
Nov 22-25 Myrtle Beach Invitational.
Dec 18 - vs. Kentucky (Vegas)

The beehive classic will either be Dec 7 or 14.

DrumNFeather
07-08-2019, 12:34 PM
We keep getting hints that the hoops schedule will be out soon, perhaps even this week.

Here's an update of what we know so far:

11/5 - @Nevada
11/22-24 - Myrtle Beach invite (brackets were released 7/16 last year - I think Coastal Carolina or Ohio will be the game)
12/3 - BYU (not confirmed)
12/7 - Central Arkansas
12/14 - Beehive Classic (vs. Weber)
12/18 - Kentucky (Vegas)
12/21 - SDSU (Los Angeles)

Other known/reported games without dates:

vs. Minnesota
@ Missouri (we owe them a game, I'm skeptical it happens)
vs. Detroit Mercy

DrumNFeather
07-11-2019, 12:28 PM
Update - Utes will in fact play Coastal Carolina in round one of the Myrtle Beach Invitational on 11/21. It will be the last game of the day at 7:00 PM, Eastern. This will give them another true road game for those counting at home, and would get the winner/loser of Baylor vs. Ohio.

Dwight Schr-Ute
07-11-2019, 12:35 PM
For those interested.

Update - Utes will in fact play Coastal Carolina in round one of the Myrtle Beach Invitational on 11/21. It will be the last game of the day at 7:00 PM, Eastern. This will give them another true road game for those counting at home, and would get the winner/loser of Baylor vs. Ohio.

Dwight Schr-Ute
07-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Full schedule was just released.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190716/b7e59be916e2b722b5941f0deedce3d1.jpg

https://utahutes.com/news/2019/7/16/mens-basketball-releases-2019-20-non-conference-schedule.aspx

SoCalPat
07-16-2019, 02:24 PM
I'm hopeful our top 5 games can be shown on ESPN or other major networks.

Nevada and San Diego State likely will be on CBS College Sports.

Minnesota's fan base is big enough that having that game on P12 Nets would make zero sense.

Kentucky ... duh ...

That leaves BYU, a game that was on P12 Nets last time we played them in SLC. I hope that's not the case again this year.

Once again, our exempt tournament will be a massive indicator of what we can expect this season.

Dwight Schr-Ute
07-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Conference posts conference pairings.

https://pac-12.com/article/2019/07/19/pac-12-announces-2019-20-mens-basketball-weekly-pairings

DrumNFeather
07-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Start and end at home...not bad. Also, just one game that final weekend, which could help. I like having the NorCal schools twice in the back half of the schedule.

DrumNFeather
08-27-2019, 09:40 AM
Utah and Boise St. will play a closed-door game in October. These games replace one of your exhibition games.

DrumNFeather
04-10-2020, 09:38 AM
Schedule so far:

Nov 10 - UVU
Nov 13 - @Missouri
Nov 20 - CS Fullerton
Nov 25-27 Battle 4 Atlantis (I think they'll open vs. Creighton).
Dec 12 @ BYU

They also have games on 12/3 and 6 vs. ASU and UW.

3 more non-conf games to go.

Utebiquitous
04-10-2020, 11:11 AM
Are you hearing anything Drum about the remaining three. It would be nice to see a strong team playing in the Huntsman since Missouri and BYU are both road games..

DrumNFeather
04-10-2020, 01:57 PM
Are you hearing anything Drum about the remaining three. It would be nice to see a strong team playing in the Huntsman since Missouri and BYU are both road games..

The assumption seems to be that they'll all be sisters of the poor because of the two road games and the B4A, but I would like to think they could get someone to the JMHC on the front end of a H:H this year. I don't know how they plan to sell many tickets to those games if there isn't someone interesting.

DrumNFeather
05-15-2020, 02:49 PM
Utes have added the following games to the schedule:

11/17 - vs. Cal Poly
12/19 - vs. Fresno St.
12/22 - vs. Rice

jonathanfj69
12-27-2021, 06:22 AM
Hot galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://ulmviewnakedphotos.miaxxx.com/?melany teen swingers orgy porn tube lesbian porn dvds stefany gold porn actress big black cocks porn porn teens blonde

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:22 PM
Sexy photo galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://milffucksite.femdomgalleries.bloglag.com/?esperanza younger retro porn philipino porn video buscar key free buscar porn asain porn free sample super hit porn videos redtube

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:24 PM
New project started to be available today, check it outhttp://jakartamilf.sex.miaxxx.com/?reyna video search eighties porn extreme russian teen porn philipean porn stars porn hub sophisticated and friends latex chaps porn

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:26 PM
Enjoy our scandal amateur galleries that looks incredibly dirtyhttp://freehotporncomleo.cedarville.alexysexy.com/?violet takimi japan porn mom forces daughter porn upload young mmf porn daddy caught jacking off porn tube free porn stories all of me

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:27 PM
Free Porn Galleries - Hot Sex Pictureshttp://cottbusadulteroticshow.alexysexy.com/?makayla rough and young porn free online goth porn movies laura palmer vintage porn best top free porn stie rating eat out dog porn

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:29 PM
Dirty Porn Photos, daily updated gallerieshttp://free3djapanporn.alexysexy.com/?elena xena fantasy porn porn porn gay chat room free porn bukkake obediant slave women porn celebrity porn

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:31 PM
Girls of Desire: All babes in one place, crazy, arthttp://nakednudemoviestirupati.hoterika.com/?iyana free ameutuer porn movies sri porn my ex porn hot milfs porn categories videos xxx fetish porn dvds sale

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:33 PM
Big Ass Photos - Free Huge Butt Porn, Big Booty Picshttp://incheon.xxxpornfilm.lexixxx.com/?kaitlin tv pissing porn free toilet porn voyeur japanese elderly porn pics little female porn fattys porn palace

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:37 PM
Sexy photo galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://nakedforwomen.alexysexy.com/?maliyah jazzy porn itouch ipod free porn videos vigin porn avatar guard duty porn comic free hot celebrity porn video

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:42 PM
Sexy photo galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://shemailsexmove.instakink.com/?precious porn vedioes lesbian and gay porn teen porn casting tube denise hannah porn ree gay porn videos

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:45 PM
Free Porn Galleries - Hot Sex Pictureshttp://delhigaypics.amandahot.com/?kaya black spanish amateur porn chris brown porn senior nude porn youngest teens porn pictures free porn video for november 2010

jonathanfj69
01-12-2022, 10:51 PM
Hot new pictures each dayhttp://ebayo32c.kanakox.com/?keeley runners porn sara jay porn eskimo beautiful models porn teen porn ipod samples london on porn