PDA

View Full Version : The final step in California Domination: Utah vs. UCLA 2018

LA Ute
10-23-2018, 10:13 AM
Post away! I hope the Utes carry their momentum into the Rose Bowl. No trap game, please!

LA Ute
10-23-2018, 10:15 AM
A good friend who is a UCLA fan is selling his tickets to the game. (I can't use them.) They're excellent, Rose Bowl west side, Aisle 20, row 22. About the 35 yard line. $45 per ticket, plus $30 for preferred parking. If you're interested let me know and I'll connect you with him.

Dwight Schr-Ute
10-23-2018, 10:25 PM
A good friend who is a UCLA fan is selling his tickets to the game. (I can't use them.) They're excellent, Rose Bowl west side, Aisle 20, row 22. About the 35 yard line. $45 per ticket, plus $30 for preferred parking. If you're interested let me know and I'll connect you with him.

I should grab them. We’re headed to town Thursday night to take the kids to Knott’s Berry Farm on Friday for Nevada Day. The park closes at 6:00. Could shoot over to Pasadena for most of the game while most of them stay in the car until the blow out is big enough to cut out early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sancho
10-25-2018, 09:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IddP8AAIGTQ

One more day!

sancho
10-25-2018, 09:41 AM
Wait 'till tomorrow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J20SEOEVWWc

Applejack
10-26-2018, 12:22 PM
Game day!!!!!!!!!!!

Your worry of the day (sponsored by Geico): Are the bRuins going to be the first team that solves the bunch formation? We've used this formation with great success since the Stanford game, but you have to think that eventually some one will figure out the best way to defend this formation. Here's to hoping it's not ChiP!

Rocker Ute
10-26-2018, 03:33 PM
Game day!!!!!!!!!!!

Your worry of the day (sponsored by Geico): Are the bRuins going to be the first team that solves the bunch formation? We've used this formation with great success since the Stanford game, but you have to think that eventually some one will figure out the best way to defend this formation. Here's to hoping it's not ChiP!

You can't solve it, it is the perfect formation.

Mormon Red Death
10-26-2018, 07:36 PM
Word on the street is hansen is out due to back problems... anyone hear anything?

Sullyute
10-26-2018, 09:20 PM
UCLA playing like they actually think they can win.

sancho
10-26-2018, 09:29 PM
What a drive. Ran the ball great, overcame a bogus holding penalty, converted a third and long, and finished with a trick play.

mUUser
10-26-2018, 10:08 PM
But can we run Moss up the gut instead of fade routes inside the 10. Pretty please?

sancho
10-26-2018, 10:23 PM
Our D was bailed out by a lot of UCLA drops in the first half.

sancho
10-26-2018, 10:30 PM
That Dixon catch, tho. And what a great decision by Covey. A TD drive to open the half is just what we needed.

Sullyute
10-26-2018, 10:33 PM
That Dixon catch, tho. And what a great decision by Covey. A TD drive to open the half is just what we needed.

Agreed, some great heady plays in that drive.

mUUser
10-26-2018, 10:53 PM
Blair!!!! Why does he continue to do that crap. Why why why???

sancho
10-26-2018, 11:04 PM

His targeting against UW was a dumb call on a good play. This was a good call on a dumb play. Dude was sliding.

Sullyute
10-26-2018, 11:06 PM

I love the way Blair lights people up, but that was a dumb move.

sancho
10-26-2018, 11:08 PM

You can't really have one without the other, though. All hard hitters will occasionally pick up a targeting.

LA Ute
10-26-2018, 11:54 PM
Looks like the sleeping giant inside the Utes has awoken. 4 straight blowout games with over 40 points. :willy:

Diehard Ute
10-27-2018, 07:44 AM

I imagine some of it is not controllable.

We’ve done a ton of research in law enforcement regarding how the brain and the body communicate.

It takes longer than people think for your brain to recognize something has changed, then send the message to your body to stop what you were doing.

I’d be curious to see the same kind of studies done on defenders....can they truly stop what they intend to do when a guy slides etc. and if so how quickly. It would be pretty interesting.

LA Ute
10-27-2018, 08:29 AM
How the LA Times saw it. (Mainly blasting UCLA.)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-utah-20181026-story.html

Diehard Ute
10-27-2018, 09:17 AM
How the LA Times saw it. (Mainly blasting UCLA.)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-ucla-utah-20181026-story.html

Utah #JustARegularTeam

Applejack
10-27-2018, 09:24 AM
What's the story on Chase? Is he hurt?

sancho
10-27-2018, 09:34 AM
What's the story on Chase? Is he hurt?

I don't think so..not unless I missed something. He played the whole game.

hostile
10-27-2018, 09:59 AM
I don't think so..not unless I missed something. He played the whole game.
Well he did sit towards the end when the game was well in hand.

LA Ute
10-27-2018, 10:57 AM
Our last 3 opponents have been able to pass on us. So far, that hasn’t hurt us in the final score (far from it) but I’m sure the coaching staff is worried about it.

LA Ute
10-27-2018, 11:05 AM
By the way, on the UCLA pick off Huntley, anybody else think the UCLA DB blatantly held the Utah receiver? I was in an airport and couldn’t hear the TV commentary.

SoCalPat
10-27-2018, 11:08 AM
We got a mediocre game from the QB position and still won by 31. Against a league opponent. On the road when we were favored by 10.5 points. This team just might be immune to previous November implosions.

sancho
10-27-2018, 11:14 AM
By the way, on the UCLA pick off Huntley, anybody else think the UCLA DB blatantly held the Utah receiver? I was in an airport and couldn’t hear the TV commentary.

Yes, the TV guys both agreed with you.

sancho
10-27-2018, 11:19 AM
Our last 3 opponents have been able to pass on us.

Yeah, and UCLA had some big drops, including a sure TD.

In today's college football, there are so many teams that are just going to pass on you no matter who you are or how well you defend. I don't even know if Alabama could hold WSU to under 300 passing yards. It seems like the job of the defense nowadays is to minimize the damage, and we've certainly been doing that.

Rocker Ute
10-27-2018, 11:22 AM
This team just might be immune to previous November implosions.

Shut up!

http://i.freegifmaker.me/1/5/4/0/6/6/1540660850322377.gif?1540660862

LA Ute
10-27-2018, 11:35 AM
Also, gotta love our red zone efficiency. We were 3rd in the PAC going into the UCLA game. We certainly held on to that position after last night. Nice to see improvement there.

SoCalPat
10-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Also, gotta love our red zone efficiency. We were 3rd in the PAC going into the UCLA game. We certainly held on to that position after last night. Nice to see improvement there.

My first inclination was to say, "Are you sure?" The first two RZ attempts were pathetic (especially since we ran plays on/inside the 5 on both). But we were 6 of 7, so with 49 potential points, we got 38, and I have to think that's pretty good.

RZ efficiency should be measured by points possible vs. attained.

UBlender
10-27-2018, 02:13 PM
Our last 3 opponents have been able to pass on us. So far, that hasn’t hurt us in the final score (far from it) but I’m sure the coaching staff is worried about it.

That's going to ramp up in the next three weeks, starting against ASU who has the best WR in the conference, then Oregon with the best QB in the conference and plenty of skill position talent and then CU with Shenault (sp?).

Ma'ake
10-27-2018, 03:00 PM
That's going to ramp up in the next three weeks, starting against ASU who has the best WR in the conference, then Oregon with the best QB in the conference and plenty of skill position talent and then CU with Shenault (sp?).

ASU is ripping USC about like we did.

In Tempe I think we have to put a premium on being physical upfront, play making by Hansen/Barton/Thompson/Bernard, and Burgess hopefully helps the backend coverage. I'm glad Tyreke Lewis has broken in to the rotation at CB. Blackmon is getting burned more than I thought he would.

When Corrion was the FS, he made some head-scratching coverage errors - eg, running *past* the open WR @ Wazzu - which prompted moving Blair to FS & letting Corrion play SS, where he's done reasonably well in coverage. Burgess needs to really step up until Blair can return in the 2nd half.

Frank Darby is a burner. I'd try to match up Guidry on him as much as possible.

Mormon Red Death
10-27-2018, 04:07 PM
ASU is ripping USC about like we did.

In Tempe I think we have to put a premium on being physical upfront, play making by Hansen/Barton/Thompson/Bernard, and Burgess hopefully helps the backend coverage. I'm glad Tyreke Lewis has broken in to the rotation at CB. Blackmon is getting burned more than I thought he would.

When Corrion was the FS, he made some head-scratching coverage errors - eg, running *past* the open WR @ Wazzu - which prompted moving Blair to FS & letting Corrion play SS, where he's done reasonably well in coverage. Burgess needs to really step up until Blair can return in the 2nd half.

Frank Darby is a burner. I'd try to match up Guidry on him as much as possible.They are losing now

LA Ute
10-27-2018, 04:33 PM
My first inclination was to say, "Are you sure?" The first two RZ attempts were pathetic (especially since we ran plays on/inside the 5 on both). But we were 6 of 7, so with 49 potential points, we got 38, and I have to think that's pretty good.

RZ efficiency should be measured by points possible vs. attained.

I hear you. When we could not get more than a field goal after being given the ball on the 5 yard line, I thought we were back to our former selves. I think it is clear that we are doing better now than we had been doing early in the season, and certainly better than last season.