PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Bowl 2018: Utah Utes vs. Northwestern Wildcats

LA Ute
12-03-2018, 05:00 PM
This is the first time either school has been in this bowl. Have at it!

UTEopia
12-11-2018, 09:29 AM
Rumor has it that ticket sales through the Utah ticket office have been disappointing. I almost purchased tickets on the secondary market, but I know how the game works and a school that fails to sell its allotment is not looked upon favorably for future bowl selections. As a result, I attempted to purchase four $125 tickets in the prime seating area. I have been downgraded to $75 tickets in the corner because of my priority level. LA, I should have taken you up on purchasing tickets.

I have no doubt that there will be many Ute fans at the game who purchased tickets from an outlet other than the U and I don't blame them for doing so. However, we cannot complain about bowls overlooking us if we don't sell out allotment.

Scratch
12-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Rumor has it that ticket sales through the Utah ticket office have been disappointing. I almost purchased tickets on the secondary market, but I know how the game works and a school that fails to sell its allotment is not looked upon favorably for future bowl selections. As a result, I attempted to purchase four $125 tickets in the prime seating area. I have been downgraded to $75 tickets in the corner because of my priority level. LA, I should have taken you up on purchasing tickets.

I have no doubt that there will be many Ute fans at the game who purchased tickets from an outlet other than the U and I don't blame them for doing so. However, we cannot complain about bowls overlooking us if we don't sell out allotment.

If you got downgraded to the $75 level, doesn't that seem to show that we're selling a lot of tickets?

Also, I'm sorry that I'm apparently partially at fault for bumping you, because I got 27 of the $125 tickets for my group. I was surprised there were no limits placed on the number of tickets you could buy.

LA Ute
12-11-2018, 11:14 AM
If you got downgraded to the $75 level, doesn't that seem to show that we're selling a lot of tickets?

Also, I'm sorry that I'm apparently partially at fault for bumping you, because I got 27 of the $125 tickets for my group. I was surprised there were no limits placed on the number of tickets you could buy.

I had a limit of 20 tickets. I bought only 4.

chrisrenrut
12-11-2018, 11:38 AM
When I lived in New Orleans, I went to the Sugar Bowl every year. In the years that Utah did not play in the Sugar, I just showed up 10 minutes after kick off and bought $10 tickets from scalpers. That was fun. I wish I lived in a bowl city now - I'd go every year.

We met a few locals on the train in Santa Clara that did this for the PAC-12 Championship game. They said they can't afford tickets to the NFL games or the National Championship game in Levi Stadium, so they go to events like this where they can get cheap tickets.

U-Ute
12-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Chris Hill retires and the Utes end up in the Championship Game and the Holiday Bowl?

Coincidence?

26BGBshpjM4dvZ1n2

/sarcasm

chrisrenrut
12-14-2018, 12:52 PM
Huntley is hoping for clearance to play in the bowl game, and has stated he will start if he is cleared.

Chase Hansen is questionable to play due to injuries.

Sullyute
12-14-2018, 05:36 PM
Chase Hansen is questionable to play due to injuries.

That is not good. Are these just nagging injuries, or something new?

chrisrenrut
12-14-2018, 07:49 PM
That is not good. Are these just nagging injuries, or something new?

From a DesNews article:

ABOUT CHASE: All-America linebacker Chase Hansen is “a little beat up” according to Whittingham. The coach said “we hope so” when asked if Hansen is on target to play against Northwestern.
“It remains to be seen,” Whittingham explained.
However, Whittingham said that no players, to his knowledge, plan to miss the bowl game for NFL Draft reasons.
“Nobody has approached me about that and so as of now the answer would be no,” he continued.

Sullyute
12-14-2018, 08:11 PM
From a DesNews article:

ABOUT CHASE: All-America linebacker Chase Hansen is “a little beat up” according to Whittingham. The coach said “we hope so” when asked if Hansen is on target to play against Northwestern.
“It remains to be seen,” Whittingham explained.
However, Whittingham said that no players, to his knowledge, plan to miss the bowl game for NFL Draft reasons.
“Nobody has approached me about that and so as of now the answer would be no,” he continued.

Thanks for the clarification.

U-Ute
12-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Chase Hansen is apparently out.

Word is he suffered a dislocated hip in the championship game.

One tough kid.

Dwight Schr-Ute
12-20-2018, 03:43 PM

One tough kid.

Damn. Some arrogant poster in the Facebook group bragged about knowing that Chase wouldn't be playing and I really wanted him to be wrong. More to rub his nose in it than actually missing Chase, but yeah, that too.

chrisrenrut
12-20-2018, 04:13 PM

One tough kid.

Dang, forget the bowl game, I hope he is ok long term. Hopefully it's not a Bo Jackson type situation.

Hips have a hard time healing sometimes. My boss's 11 year old son dislocated his hip in a freak hiking accident. He is resigned to never being able to be an athletic person, and walking with a limp the rest of his life.

DrumNFeather
12-20-2018, 05:53 PM
It ended Dennis Pitta's NFL career as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

chrisrenrut
12-21-2018, 11:52 AM
Ordinarily I'd be very confident in our team going into the bowl game, with Kyle's track record of having them prepared to play. But this year feels a bit different.

Britain Covey and Chase Hansen are out, not to mention Moss.

Quarterback uncertainty. Will Huntley play? If so, will he be rusty or hesitant? If not, will Shelley be able to perform better than the championship game? Will the uncertainty mess with the QB's heads, or offensive continuity (is that even a thing at Utah)?

How effective will the offense perform under Troy Taylor as a lame-duck offensive coordinator?

Ma'ake
12-21-2018, 06:59 PM
At this point in the season, the team is led by the players. This morning on the radio Whitt said they've been having excellent practices. Taylor obviously is on *great* terms with Whitt and the players. I suspect Shelley and Huntley are absorbing the finer points.

The seniors unquestionably want to leave the Utes bowl game legacy intact, and the younger players are getting invaluable practice time and are learning the nuanced aspects of their positions. The culture within the program is deep and strong.

Whitt also said you'd be surprised at the names who've expressed interest in the OC position, which has become a more attractive job than just a few years ago. Troy Taylor has left the offense in better shape than he found it.

I saw Sione Pouha today, talked to him briefly. He's really stoked to be back and coaching the DL, working with Scalley. I don't think there's a DL coach in the nation who can teach by example better than Pouha.

Northwestern deserves a lot of respect, they have the Utes' attention. (You don't have our bowl record by taking this game lightly).

I expect us to take care of business.

chrisrenrut
12-22-2018, 04:45 PM
Northwestern will be a little depleted as well.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-northwestern-holiday-bowl-injuries-20181221-story.html

LA Ute
12-29-2018, 09:25 AM
I have a single very good Holiday Bowl ticket available. Let me know if you’re interested. You’d have to sit by my sons and me, but we’re well-behaved and we don’t smell bad.

LA Ute
12-31-2018, 12:37 AM
Just arrived in San Diego. I've already seen a dozen Utes. Let's do this.

We’re here too. Took a stroll through Old Town late tonight.

chrisrenrut
12-31-2018, 12:55 AM
We’re here too. Took a stroll through Old Town late tonight.

We may have just missed you. Ate at Cafe Coyote just before dark. We saw a lot more Ute year tonight than yesterday. I have only seen two groups with NW gear on.

Looks like Ike it may rain before and even during the game tomorrow :( In San Diego, where it is sunny 300 days a year.

LA Ute
12-31-2018, 08:41 AM
We may have just missed you. Ate at Cafe Coyote just before dark. We saw a lot more Ute year tonight than yesterday. I have only seen two groups with NW gear on.

Looks like Ike it may rain before and even during the game tomorrow :( In San Diego, where it is sunny 300 days a year.

We didn’t get in until 9:30. How was Cafe Coyote?

chrisrenrut
12-31-2018, 09:57 AM
We didn’t get in until 9:30. How was Cafe Coyote?

Pretty good. I would have rather gone to a smaller, more authentic place, but those places had long lines, and Cafe Coyote is so big we were able too get in right away.

If if anyone is in the mood for seafood, Blue Water Grill and Market (http://bluewaterseafoodsandiego.com/m/) just south of Old Town was amazing. Had to wait a bit, but the food was worth every minute standaring in line.

Mormon Red Death
12-31-2018, 05:21 PM
Why is dixon wearing a sweater? You are in san Diego hells sake

Applejack
12-31-2018, 05:32 PM
Why is dixon wearing a sweater? You are in san Diego hells sake

It seems that all the wrs are wearing bibs.

Applejack
12-31-2018, 06:02 PM
I have yet to see shyne convert a 3rd and 1.

Irving Washington
12-31-2018, 06:28 PM
Maybe this will go down as the "glove game."

concerned
12-31-2018, 06:38 PM

I don't think he can be our #1 back next year if moss leaves.

Applejack
12-31-2018, 06:39 PM

Swish

Applejack
12-31-2018, 06:40 PM
I don't think he can be our #1 back next year if moss leaves.

No way. He has no vision.

SeattleUte
12-31-2018, 06:49 PM
Ancestry advertising on a college football bowl game. Weird. I wonder why.

chrisrenrut
12-31-2018, 06:50 PM
A concession vendor said he has worked over 400 events here at the Murph, and this is only the third or fourth time he remembers it raining. It coming down pretty hard right now. We are lucky that be just under the overhang on the plaza level.

chrisrenrut
12-31-2018, 06:53 PM
Ancestry advertising on a college football bowl game. Weird. I wonder why.

Because it’s a hugely popular business?

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/dna-ancestry-tests-surge-in-popularity-1277141059680

Brian
12-31-2018, 06:55 PM
I’m calling them capes.

Mormon Red Death
12-31-2018, 07:23 PM
I guess 3rd qtr is "cute time" for taylor

Applejack
12-31-2018, 07:25 PM
I don't love the body language this half.

Mormon Red Death
12-31-2018, 07:33 PM
Nw is in the game because taylor doesn't just run the damn ball

LA Ute
12-31-2018, 07:35 PM
2 straight turnovers lead to 2 straight NW TDs. Having to settle for FGs now hurts us a lot.

LA Ute
12-31-2018, 07:36 PM
2 straight turnovers lead to 2 straight NW TDs. Having to settle for FGs now hurts us a lot.

Make that 3 straight. Let’s see if we blow this one into another NW TD.

Applejack
12-31-2018, 07:49 PM

I don't think you can pin this on Taylor. Shyne has been awful.

chrisrenrut
12-31-2018, 07:50 PM
This third quarter is a never ending vortex of suckiness.

Irving Washington
12-31-2018, 07:51 PM
Taylor's not running it because Shyne is averaging 2.4 yards per carry

Mormon Red Death
12-31-2018, 08:02 PM
I don't think you can pin this on Taylor. Shyne has been awful.Starts 2nd half up 20-3. 5 straight passes and ends in int

3 passes and out

Gets down to 1st and goal at 5. Qb fumbles on a pass play

mUUser
12-31-2018, 08:12 PM
I don't think you can pin this on Taylor. Shyne has been awful.

Shyne is unusable. Yards after first contact might be negative.

Irving Washington
12-31-2018, 08:17 PM
Starts 2nd half up 20-3. 5 straight passes and ends in int

3 passes and out

Gets down to 1st and goal at 5. Qb fumbles on a pass play
Through the middle of the third quarter we were averaging 7.4 yards per pass attempt. Hello of a lot better than our run game. Shelley was our only run threat.

Mormon Red Death
12-31-2018, 08:19 PM
Through the middle of the third quarter we were averaging 7.4 yards per pass attempt. Hello of a lot better than our run game. Shelley was our only run threat.He has had all night to throw for sure. If you notice nw couldn't run but they stuck with it.

Mormon Red Death
12-31-2018, 08:42 PM
6 turnovers ugg

chrisrenrut
12-31-2018, 08:55 PM
This third quarter is a never ending vortex of suckiness.

The worst quarter of Utah football ever? 4 turnovers, 4 opponent touchdowns (3 off the turnovers) and no points of our own.

SeattleUte
12-31-2018, 08:58 PM
The BYU game in reverse.

LA Ute
12-31-2018, 09:16 PM
What a collapse. Has there ever been one that was worse?

I’m not sure Shyne was that bad. The o-line didn’t seem to be able to open any holes for him.

Statistically it’s very hard to win with 6 TOs. I’ve heard the number — a 10% chance? I don’t recall — but it’s pretty low. Didn’t all 4 of Northwestern’s TDs in the 3rd quarter come right after a TO?

chrisrenrut
12-31-2018, 09:19 PM
What a collapse. Has there ever been one that was worse?

I’m not sure Shyne was that bad. The o-line didn’t seem to be able to open any holes for him.

Statistically it’s very hard to win with 6 TOs. I’ve heard the number — a 10% chance? I don’t recall — but it’s pretty low. Didn’t all 4 of Northwestern’s TDs in the 3rd quarter come right after a TO?

I’m pretty sure one was after we punted after a 3 and out. The last turnover happe nd right at the end of the third quarter.

Scorcho
12-31-2018, 09:37 PM
I dont know if you could tell on TV, but the weather was miserable. Cold and wet. We finally get a bowl at a warm weather location and weather doesnt cooperate.

I think this is a different game without the rain

LA Ute
12-31-2018, 09:41 PM
The highlights of this game are going to look like a blooper reel.

Old Standing ute
12-31-2018, 11:19 PM
Better yet, take a knee on every O snap—do we win?

chrisrenrut
12-31-2018, 11:41 PM

LA Ute
01-01-2019, 08:35 AM
Gave it away. That was rough. There was only one way to lose after that first half, and that was to give it away.

I don't know if any injury this season cost its team more than the moss injury cost us. The drop off is staggering.

Question: if we come out in the second half, run on every down, go three and out on every series, don't turn it over, and average 50 yards per punt...do we win?

Interesting. What you describe is Kyleball at its most extreme, but I don’t think even Whitt at his most conservative would have planned around such an unlikely string of errors.

It seems like a chicken-and-egg problem: Our run defense fell apart. Which came first, the TOs or the defensive collapse? Did that collapse occur because the TOs demoralized the Ute defense, or would it have happened anyway? We had made NW 1-dimensional in the first half — they had -8 yards rushing. Could they have scored 3 TDs without our TOs by rushing and passing as they did in the 2nd half? Maybe, maybe not.

Our TOs were outliers. I don’t recall all of them, but IIRC 2 were picks of tipped passes that hit our receivers in their hands. 2 more were stripped from Utah ball carriers (Shelley once and a receiver once.) 1 was just Shelley putting the ball on the ground as he was tackled, resulting in a TD for Northwestern. I don’t remember the other one. (I can’t bring myself to read about the game and find out.) Running pass plays is risky, and the ultra-conservative approach your hypothetical describes would reduce the risk. But the turnovers Utah made last night were such repeated basic failures to take care of the ball that I don’t think anyone could plan for them or even expect the failures to continue as they did. It was bizarre.

Mormon Red Death
01-01-2019, 10:38 AM
I don't think you can pin this on Taylor. Shyne has been awful.Shelly throwing 47 times in the rain is unacceptable

LA Ute
01-01-2019, 12:37 PM
This morning’s sky in San Diego. I wish we’d had this weather yesterday.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190101/ea1dde6cf11e1ec8cb795d7654b550fb.jpg

mUUser
01-01-2019, 04:37 PM
I’m over it. We won’t have another quarter like that in my lifetime — at least under this regime. If all our current juniors return, and our new OL finds a positive identity, we should be good next season, and I mean really, really good.

UBlender
01-01-2019, 08:17 PM
I’m over it. We won’t have another quarter like that in my lifetime — at least under this regime. If all our current juniors return, and our new OL finds a positive identity, we should be good next season, and I mean really, really good.

I saw where Cody Barton just kind of said the team crapped the bed in the second half and it happens sometimes in football. I tend to agree. The rain wreaked havoc and Utah didn't handle it well but every error seemed to result in the best case scenario for Northwestern. Tipped passes finding NW defenders, fumbles bouncing perfectly for NW players to pick them up in stride for big returns, even a couple of times NW fumbled and it bounced right back into their hands. Utah's turnovers were all committed by freshmen, they will learn and be better for it.

I agree, that third quarter was like a bolt of lightning that we won't likely see again. It sucked, but it happens sometimes. I'll just try to remember how well Utah played in the first half (a couple of redzone failures aside) and that they did it without their top three offensive players and their best defensive player.

The near future still looks very bright for this team. (We need a solution at RB if Moss leaves).

concerned
01-01-2019, 08:39 PM
Saw some Y fans saying that F. Bernard got exposed last night, was out of position, slow, etc, and that we really missed Chase. Anybody have that same reactiion re Bernard?

Also need a solution at both safety positions. Who is going to replace Blair and Ballard?

Mormon Red Death
01-01-2019, 09:21 PM
I admire your dedication to the run, but giving shyne more chances in that game would have been unacceptable.Up 17 to start 2nd half perhaps 6 straight passes wasnt all that smart.

NorthwestUteFan
01-01-2019, 11:37 PM
I agree, but it was the passing game that gave us that 17 point lead.

Truth is, our offense lost a dimension when moss went out.Without Moss, we started off one-dimensional. NW adjusted, and we couldn't compensate. Add in a few of our FR receivers getting cases of the drops in the end zone, our FR QB making a pair of ill-advised passes, a couple of extraordinary bounces that went NW's way, and NW's exceptional ball-stripping techniques, we just weren't able to find any traction to start the momentum in our direction.

Frankly this was WVU's problem against us last year. They were without their Heisman- finalist QB, best WR, etc. They couldn't compensate for our adjustments and couldn't get going.

LA Ute
01-02-2019, 07:01 AM
Without Moss, we started off one-dimensional. NW adjusted, and we couldn't compensate. Add in a few of our FR receivers getting cases of the drops in the end zone, our FR QB making a pair of ill-advised passes, a couple of extraordinary bounces that went NW's way, and NW's exceptional ball-stripping techniques, we just weren't able to find any traction to start the momentum in our direction.

Frankly this was WVU's problem against us last year. They were without their Heisman- finalist QB, best WR, etc. They couldn't compensate for our adjustments and couldn't get going.

I think you are right. One minor quibble: Shyne can be effective but unlike Moss, he needs a hole to squirt through. Our OL wasn’t able to give him many of those, especially in the second half. Credit NW’s DL and LBs. We stuffed NW’s running the first half (-8 yards rushing) and they mostly stuffed ours in the second.

As MRD points out, throwing 6 straight passes to start the 2nd half looks pretty bad now. With Moss as our primary back we kept pounding and it seems like the second halves of games were when Moss did the most damage. Shyne isn’t that kind of pounding back, and maybe that’s what Taylor was thinking when he repeatedly put the ball in the air during the rainiest part of the game. It didn’t work out.

Diehard Ute
01-02-2019, 07:46 AM
I think you are right. One minor quibble: Shyne can be effective but unlike Moss, he needs a hole to squirt through. Our OL wasn’t able to give him many of those, especially in the second half. Credit NW’s DL and LBs. We stuffed NW’s running the first half (-8 yards rushing) and they mostly stuffed ours in the second.

As MRD points out, throwing 6 straight passes to start the 2nd half looks pretty bad now. With Moss as our primary back we kept pounding and it seems like the second halves of games were when Moss did the most damage. Shyne isn’t that kind of pounding back, and maybe that’s what Taylor was thinking when he repeatedly put the ball in the air during the rainiest part of the game. It didn’t work out.

Since returning from injury Shyne has seemed to lack vision. He often seems to lower his head and plow into a defender or his own lineman.

I honestly often wonder if there aren’t holes or if Shyne just doesn’t see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA Ute
01-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Since returning from injury Shyne has seemed to lack vision. He often seems to lower his head and plow into a defender or his own lineman.

I honestly often wonder if there aren’t holes or if Shyne just doesn’t see them.

Fair point. It did seem like he was running into walls. I assumed that was because NW was doing a good job. Maybe it was actually Shyne who could see only the wall. If I can ever bring myself to watch the 2nd half again I’ll watch for that.

LA Ute
01-02-2019, 07:59 AM
People are giving northwestern too much credit. They didn't take the game from us. We gave the game away. What they did is take advantage of our gifts to seize momentum.

Good point to remember. Probably the best Occam’s Razor analysis.

U-Ute
01-02-2019, 08:17 AM
Important question: Has anyone checked on Joel Klatt to make sure he recovered from Thorson's injury?

Scorcho
01-02-2019, 05:29 PM
Just got back from San Diego, today and yesterday not a cloud in the sky and nearly 70 degrees. Sigh. Holiday Bowl was one of the most miserable weather games I have ever been to. Stadium is so old that the stands dont drain water very well, so not only were we pelted with rain, but standing in a few inches of water as well. What's odd us that the forecast had no mention of rain till the morning of. Brrrr. Crazy to think that one of the coldest Itah games ever was in San Diego, but a lot of people felt the same way

NorthwestUteFan
01-02-2019, 10:41 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat was always Harvey Langi's problem at RB. But he somehow ran upright but with his head down.

Applejack
01-03-2019, 08:49 AM
Again, Shelley had a great first half throwing the ball. Even when we had to take a fg at the end of the half, Shelley threw three great balls that were dropped. On the same possession, shyne was unable to get the ball anywhere on multiple attempts. Throwing to start the second half was not crazy in any way.

People are giving northwestern too much credit. They didn't take the game from us. We gave the game away. What they did is take advantage of our gifts to seize momentum.

This. Too little is being made of our receiver corps and their inability to (a) catch the ball and (b) hold on to it when they do. I love JayDix, but come on! That fumble near midfield was a killer, not to mention the other fumble earlier in the game, and the dropped TD at the end of the half. Fotheringham also dropped a GIMME touchdown in the end zone (that led to a fg) and stopped running his route that resulted in one of the dozens of 3rd quarter INTs.

concerned
01-03-2019, 09:12 AM
This. Too little is being made of our receiver corps and their inability to (a) catch the ball and (b) hold on to it when they do. I love JayDix, but come on! That fumble near midfield was a killer, not to mention the other fumble earlier in the game, and the dropped TD at the end of the half. Fotheringham also dropped a GIMME touchdown in the end zone (that led to a fg) and stopped running his route that resulted in one of the dozens of 3rd quarter INTs.

Not to mention dixon dropping Huntley's pass at the 2 against asu or mariner against uw, both of which resukted in fluke interceptions and literally turned those games.

LA Ute
01-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Not to mention dixon dropping Huntley's pass at the 2 against asu or mariner against uw, both of which resukted in fluke interceptions and literally turned those games.

True. The Holiday Bowl was a stunning example of how devastating TOs are. All the other big problems stemmed from those. The D was on the field and got tired. The O didn’t have enough possessions to stay ahead or catch up. Momentum was killed and NW had it all.

Scorcho
01-03-2019, 09:52 AM
True. The Holiday Bowl was a stunning example of how devastating TOs are. All the other big problems stemmed from those. The D was on the field and got tired. The O didn’t have enough possessions to stay ahead or catch up. Momentum was killed and NW had it all.

Alex Markham‏ @AMarkhamRivals (https://twitter.com/AMarkhamRivals) Dec 31 (https://twitter.com/AMarkhamRivals/status/1079955170560114688)More

Biggest Holiday Bowl takeaway? You can’t beat a good team when you commit 6 turnovers, unless that team is BYU. https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f62c.png

https://twitter.com/AMarkhamRivals/status/1079955170560114688

UTEopia
01-03-2019, 10:01 AM
Shyne is not Moss, but the OL was putrid. They got no push. They were routinely beaten by their man and standing there watching while that guy made a tackle.

Hot Lunch
01-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Shyne is not Moss, but the OL was putrid. They got no push. They were routinely beaten by their man and standing there watching while that guy made a tackle.

You pointed it out in one of the threads, our OL play this year was so inconsistent all year. This was on full display Monday night. They were awful. Hands down the group I was most disappointed in this season given the amount of experience that we had coming back. Like you said in the other thread, for this reason I will be very upset if Harding is named OC.

concerned
01-03-2019, 10:31 AM
You pointed it out in one of the threads, our OL play this year was so inconsistent all year. This was on full display Monday night. They were awful. Hands down the group I was most disappointed in this season given the amount of experience that we had coming back. Like you said in the other thread, for this reason I will be very upset if Harding is named OC.

And likely to be significantly worse next year?

LA Ute
01-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Alex Markham‏ @AMarkhamRivals (https://twitter.com/AMarkhamRivals) Dec 31 (https://twitter.com/AMarkhamRivals/status/1079955170560114688)More
Biggest Holiday Bowl takeaway? You can’t beat a good team when you commit 6 turnovers, unless that team is BYU. https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f62c.png

https://twitter.com/AMarkhamRivals/status/1079955170560114688

I posted something (I think) a little while ago showing that 78% of the time the team with fewer turnovers wins the game.

Hot Lunch
01-03-2019, 12:58 PM
And likely to be significantly worse next year?

Could be. Lose 3 guys that played significant roles. Good thing is that we have recruited well there. Hopefully a couple of these young kids can develop. Based on what I saw this year, if Moss does come back, this is my biggest concern for the 2019 team.

Irving Washington
01-03-2019, 02:54 PM
The run blocking stunk. In the first half the pass blocking was excellent. Shelley had all day to throw. Second half, not as good.