PDA

View Full Version : PAC-12 hoops 2018-2019

LA Ute
12-31-2018, 09:08 AM
UCLA fires Steve Alford after woeful start to season

[http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/25651854/ucla-bruins-fire-coach-steve-alford-woeful-start-season

Mormon Red Death
01-05-2019, 07:54 PM
Oregon st might be the best team in the conference

UtahsMrSports
01-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Akot is transferring from Arizona, per Twitter.

UTEopia
01-14-2019, 09:52 PM
Man, we wanted him badly. Turned out to not be much of a player.

Good player - wrong place to show it.

UtahsMrSports
01-15-2019, 08:11 AM
At arizona, he was being used as a 4. Here at Utah, he would have been in a similar role to Gach. Hard to say how things might have played out had he been here.

I have got to think he is kicking himself a little. I mean, on his recruiting visit, they rolled out the red carpet for him. The MUSS was going crazy chanting his name. He would have been adored here. At AZ, he was just another brick in the wall.

Some on twitter were hoping he might look our way as a landing spot and suffice it to say, that is unlikely (had he bounced for JUCO after his first year, then maybe but even then I dont know), if not impossible.

UtahsMrSports
01-15-2019, 08:58 AM
Unless he really can't play, in which case he'd have been used as an example of poor coaching like Jayce.

I guess it will be interesting to see how he does in a new home. I watch Duke transfers a bit, and sometimes they end up being good role players elsewhere (like Jeter right now). Kyle Wiltjer is the most successful example I can think of off the top of my head of someone who transferred out of a blue chip program due to lack of playing time. I'm sure there are other examples that I can't think of.

Ha! Good point.

Old Standing ute
01-18-2019, 05:36 PM
Fun to watch Oregon beat AZ at Tucson last night. Typical Duck team pressing D with elite shot blockers & a scramble offense. AZ. Not sure what they try to do, Sean Miller ??

NorthwestUteFan
01-18-2019, 11:34 PM
Fun to watch Oregon beat AZ at Tucson last night. Typical Duck team pressing D with elite shot blockers & a scramble offense. AZ. Not sure what they try to do, Sean Miller ??Imagine that Oregon team, but will Bol Bol blocking shots and draining Threes. So sad we won't see him play college ball.

SoCalPat
01-21-2019, 01:47 PM
At the quarter-pole of the league season, six teams with 2 or 3 losses. Washington and Arizona have some separation on the rest of the league. I suspect our road win at Arizona State will help us with a tiebreaker down the road. If we're to dream of another top 4 finish, I think it's imperative we sweep this week.

Applejack
01-26-2019, 05:34 PM
Washington absolutely destroyed Oregon State in Corvallis (the beavs had a boatload of 3s in the last 90 seconds to make the score look competitive). The Huskies are legit. They might get an auto-bid!

SoCalPat
01-27-2019, 12:20 AM
At the quarter-pole of the league season, six teams with 2 or 3 losses. Washington and Arizona have some separation on the rest of the league. I suspect our road win at Arizona State will help us with a tiebreaker down the road. If we're to dream of another top 4 finish, I think it's imperative we sweep this week.

What’s the greater mystery this year? The secret behind Utah’s resurgence, or the fact that we lost to what appears to be a god-awful Arizona team, one coming off quite likely the worst three-game stretch that program has seen since before Lute Olson?

chrisrenrut
01-27-2019, 12:51 AM
What’s the greater mystery this year? The secret behind Utah’s resurgence, or the fact that we lost to what appears to be a god-awful Arizona team, one coming off quite likely the worst three-game stretch that program has seen since before Lute Olson?

You can’t really compare us playing at AZ with them at full strength (in a close game), to AZ playing at UCLA and USC without Jeter. Jeter tied for the high scorer against us.

SeattleUte
02-01-2019, 03:06 PM
Washington absolutely destroyed Oregon State in Corvallis (the beavs had a boatload of 3s in the last 90 seconds to make the score look competitive). The Huskies are legit. They might get an auto-bid!

Washington has struck coaching gold again—stealing Boeheim’s protege because the mentor just wouldn’t retire. Sometimes change is good. Everyone fretted when they fired his predecessor who’d bagged the no. 1 recruiting class in the country. Sometimes change is good.

More confirmation of a theory of mine: Seattle gets more than its share of extraordinary people because of the amazing natural beauty (also a lot of dipshits).

SoCalPat
02-01-2019, 07:26 PM
Washington has struck coaching gold again—stealing Boeheim’s protege because the mentor just wouldn’t retire. Sometimes change is good. Everyone fretted when they fired his predecessor who’d bagged the no. 1 recruiting class in the country. Sometimes change is good.

More confirmation of a theory of mine: Seattle gets more than its share of extraordinary people because of the amazing natural beauty (also a lot of dipshits).

Hopkins is also a West Coast guy (prepped at Mater Dei HS) and was one of the first recruits Boeheim brought in when he used ESPN's exposure to get kids from SoCal to come spend winters in Syracuse, N.Y. It was a double-whammy for the entire league when UW got him.

UBlender
02-01-2019, 09:26 PM
(also a lot of dipshits).

You don't say.

SeattleUte
02-01-2019, 10:00 PM
You don't say.

Et tut, Brute?

Mormon Red Death
02-02-2019, 04:01 PM
I think the standings will play out from worst to first:

12 Cal
11 Wazzu
10 Stanford
9 Colorado
8 Utah
7 Oregon
6 usc
5 Asu
4 ore st
3 Arizona
2 UCLA
Wash

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

DrumNFeather
02-04-2019, 11:02 AM
Through the first half of conference play, the league is now 11-51 in Q1 games and 22-36 in Q2 games. Of the Q1 wins, only 5 of them are out of conference and 3 of those 5 belong to ASU.

I think ultimately there will be two locks from the league: Washington (best team) and ASU (best resume). The only way a third gets in is if someone makes a big time run in the second half of the season (Oregon, OSU, UCLA, USC), or if someone that is not ASU or Washington wins the Pac 12 tournament.

DrumNFeather
02-05-2019, 02:03 PM
Lunardi released an updated bracket today with Washington in as an 8 and ASU among the last four byes and a 10 seed. I actually think both of those teams have a chance to bump up their seed in the back half. He's also got Arizona as one of is first or next four out. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out in the back half of league play.

concerned
02-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Lunardi released an updated bracket today with Washington in as an 8 and ASU among the last four byes and a 10 seed. I actually think both of those teams have a chance to bump up their seed in the back half. He's also got Arizona as one of is first or next four out. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out in the back half of league play.

If you can bring yourself to have any interest

DrumNFeather
02-05-2019, 02:33 PM
If you can bring yourself to have any interest

I have plenty of interest. Is this in reference to my other post about the next games? I'm all in baby...to the bitter end.

concerned
02-05-2019, 03:34 PM
I have plenty of interest. Is this in reference to my other post about the next games? I'm all in baby...to the bitter end.

Nó. It is in reference to which and how many teams get bids because we aint one of them

Mormon Red Death
02-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Colo beats UCLA

sancho
02-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Colo beats UCLA

Tad and Larry have this in common - their teams generally get better as the season progresses.

Scorcho
02-07-2019, 07:49 PM
WSU crushing ASU in Tempe

73-53 5 mins left

Scorcho
02-07-2019, 08:18 PM
WSU crushing ASU in Tempe

73-53 5 mins left

WSU wins 91-70

DrumNFeather
02-07-2019, 08:25 PM
WSU wins 91-70

Absolutely crazy. ASU owns 3 of the 5 Q1 wins for the Pac 12 this year, and they just lost to a team that is 200+ in NET rankings.

sancho
02-07-2019, 08:36 PM
Absolutely crazy. ASU owns 3 of the 5 Q1 wins for the Pac 12 this year, and they just lost to a team that is 200+ in NET rankings.

Pulling for WSU to get the road sweep.

Mormon Red Death
02-07-2019, 08:47 PM
Stanford. Up 13 near halftime vs Oregon st

UBlender
02-07-2019, 09:23 PM

I'll keep saying it. Hurley is borderline psychotic and his teams continue to burn out by January every year. Rinse and repeat.

SoCalPat
02-07-2019, 09:35 PM
I'll keep saying it. Hurley is borderline psychotic and his teams continue to burn out by January every year. Rinse and repeat.

He's yet to have a winning record in league games, and tonight's loss might've sealed another losing record. 6-4, yes, but 5 of the last 8 are on the road. And of course, one of the home games is UW. The only real gimme they have left is hosting Cal. They're probably going to have to win twice on the road to get to 10 wins, and that won't be good enough to get a bye in Vegas.

Tonight was the single-most devastating loss for league that I can remember in a long time. Losing to Wazzu is an automatic disqualifier if you're on the bubble, unless you're up against another team with an even worse loss, which is unlikely.

DrumNFeather
02-11-2019, 01:20 PM
What an absolutely nutty weekend. Utah and Colorado get road sweeps in LA, and, of all teams to get a road sweep...WSU does as well.

Logjam from 2nd to 9th:

OSU (7-4)
Utah (7-4)
ASU (7-4)
USC (6-5)
Oregon (6-5)
Colorado (5-6)
Arizona (5-6)
UCLA (5-6)

sancho
02-11-2019, 06:19 PM
Did anyone else see Hopkins lose it and yell at his team vs ASU? It's always fun seeing other coaches lose control.

DrumNFeather
02-13-2019, 09:20 AM
Three games tonight:

UCLA 75 (6-6) @ Cal 67 OT (0-12)
USC 73 (6-6) @ Stanford 79 (6-6)
ASU 73 (7-5) @ Colorado 77 (6-6)

Obviously, we'll be keeping a close eye on ASU vs. Colorado. Boyle has got his team rolling right now with three wins in a row and a near scuffle at USC. Maybe he and Hurley will get into it!

Mormon Red Death
02-14-2019, 02:20 AM
Three games tonight:

UCLA 75 (6-6) @ Cal 67 OT (0-12)
USC 73 (6-6) @ Stanford 79 (6-6)
ASU 73 (7-5) @ Colorado (6-6)

Obviously, we'll be keeping a close eye on ASU vs. Colorado. Boyle has got his team rolling right now with three wins in a row and a near scuffle at USC. Maybe he and Hurley will get into it!

USC and ASU lost

chrisrenrut
02-14-2019, 09:45 AM
USC and ASU lost

The middle continues to be muddled.

DrumNFeather
02-14-2019, 09:48 AM
Colorado is on a roll after a 2-6 start in league play, and could certainly work their way up into that top 4 discussion. Imagine getting the 2 seed this year and having to face Arizona as the #7 or #10 seed...what a wild year.

SoCalPat
02-14-2019, 09:50 PM
Colorado is on a roll after a 2-6 start in league play, and could certainly work their way up into that top 4 discussion. Imagine getting the 2 seed this year and having to face Arizona as the #7 or #10 seed...what a wild year.

They did something similar recently as well -- horrible start, torrid finish. Last year or the year before, I'm pretty sure.

chrisrenrut
02-14-2019, 11:01 PM
They did something similar recently as well -- horrible start, torrid finish. Last year or the year before, I'm pretty sure.

The opposite of their football team last year.

DrumNFeather
02-19-2019, 03:16 PM
Should be an interesting week just above and below us in the standings. You never say never in this league, at least not this year, but you have to assume that ASU and Arizona are going to sweep their home games vs. Cal and Stanford, which will elevate Arizona to 7-8, drop Stanford to 7-8, and vault ASU to 10-5.

Meanwhile, the Oregon schools visit LA with Oregon St. holding a half-game lead over us and ASU at 8-4, while the ducks come in at 6-6. USC is 7-6 and UCLA is 6-7...so it feels like we want OSU to win and Oregon to lose...but that is just my early sense. If that were to happen, OSU would be 10-4, Oregon 6-8, USC 8-7 and UCLA 7-8. Maybe we want UCLA to beat OSU and lose to Oregon...I don't know. Either way, some teams below us are gonna pick up some losses.

And then there's Colorado...the team at the moment with the best shot of sending us to day one of the Pac 12 tournament. They've won 5 in a row and get Wazzu first...so if they do nothing else but earn a split, they'll be setting up a huge showdown with us, potentially with a bye on the line in Boulder.

DrumNFeather
02-28-2019, 12:34 PM
Outside of us and CU, the entire league plays tonight:

Arizona (7-8) @ Oregon St. (9-5) - FS1
Washington (13-1) @ Cal (0-15) - FS1
WSU (4-10) @ Stanford (7-8) - P12
ASU (10-5) @ Oregon (6-8) - P12
USC (8-7) @ UCLA (8-7) - ESPN

I like the home teams tonight in all of the games except Oregon/ASU, which is probably the most important game for tournament seeding. ASU has the inside track on the #2 seed as it is, but I think a win tonight essentially locks it up because of tiebreakers, etc.

concerned
02-28-2019, 03:58 PM
Outside of us and CU, the entire league plays tonight:

Arizona (7-8) @ Oregon St. (9-5) - FS1
Washington (13-1) @ Cal (0-15) - FS1
WSU (4-10) @ Stanford (7-8) - P12
ASU (10-5) @ Oregon (6-8) - P12
USC (8-7) @ UCLA (8-7) - ESPN

I like the home teams tonight in all of the games except Oregon/ASU, which is probably the most important game for tournament seeding. ASU has the inside track on the #2 seed as it is, but I think a win tonight essentially locks it up because of tiebreakers, etc.

You like the home team in UW/Cal??? What????

sancho
02-28-2019, 09:07 PM
Down go the Beavers! Exciting finish. UCLA/USC in overtime.

DrumNFeather
02-28-2019, 09:13 PM
You like the home team in UW/Cal??? What????

I didn't really mean that. #Proofreading. I DO NOT like Cal to win. :)

DrumNFeather
02-28-2019, 09:13 PM
Down go the Beavers! Exciting finish. UCLA/USC in overtime.

Arizona and Stanford now 8-8, Beavers are 9-6 with ASU coming to town.

sancho
02-28-2019, 11:19 PM

Sure about that?

concerned
02-28-2019, 11:19 PM

Go with your first statement. You are a genius.

SoCalPat
02-28-2019, 11:59 PM
He's yet to have a winning record in league games, and tonight's loss might've sealed another losing record. 6-4, yes, but 5 of the last 8 are on the road. And of course, one of the home games is UW. The only real gimme they have left is hosting Cal. They're probably going to have to win twice on the road to get to 10 wins, and that won't be good enough to get a bye in Vegas.

Tonight was the single-most devastating loss for league that I can remember in a long time. Losing to Wazzu is an automatic disqualifier if you're on the bubble, unless you're up against another team with an even worse loss, which is unlikely.

Speaking of amended statements ...

DrumNFeather
03-01-2019, 12:09 AM
Go with your first statement. You are a genius.

The DNF curse!

Scorcho
03-01-2019, 08:57 AM
UW's loss to Cal is another blow to this conference's reputation. Sadly the PAC-12 might only get one team in the dance this year and that team might be a double digit seed.

sancho
03-01-2019, 09:00 AM
UW's loss to Cal is another blow to this conference's reputation. Sadly the PAC-12 might only get one team in the dance this year and that team might be a double digit seed.

UW is still in, so we get two teams if someone else can win in Vegas.

If the Pac-12 needed to have a horrible year, this was the best timing for us Utah fans. We have a mediocre team, and we're competing for 2nd place! Tomorrow's game should be meaningless, but instead both teams feel like it's a big game.

Applejack
03-01-2019, 09:09 AM
UW is still in, so we get two teams if someone else can win in Vegas.

If the Pac-12 needed to have a horrible year, this was the best timing for us Utah fans. We have a mediocre team, and we're competing for 2nd place! Tomorrow's game should be meaningless, but instead both teams feel like it's a big game.

Yeah, maybe I'm just callous, but I don't really get invested in the "strength of the conference." We're fighting for second place (and an NIT bid)! Embrace the mediocrity of Pac-12 basketball! It won't last forever.

sancho
03-01-2019, 09:16 AM
Yeah, maybe I'm just callous, but I don't really get invested in the "strength of the conference."

I'm with you in general on this. I wear Utah gear, and I care first and foremost about what's good for the Utes, even if that conflicts with the interests of the Pac-12 as a whole.

I think, however, that right now, it would be good for Utah if someone in the Pac-12 steps up and wins the national championship in football (preferably us but anyone would do). The Pac-12 has become a constant joke for college sports media, and I think it could reach a point of hurting the Utes.

Scorcho
03-01-2019, 09:21 AM
Yeah, maybe I'm just callous, but I don't really get invested in the "strength of the conference." We're fighting for second place (and an NIT bid)! Embrace the mediocrity of Pac-12 basketball! It won't last forever.

you're essentially cheering against more money in Utah's (and every other P12 members) coffers :beatdown:

having 3-4 conference members making a deep run in the tourney is good money

DrumNFeather
03-01-2019, 10:09 AM
UW only fell from 29 to 32 in the NET rankings, which is not terrible. Cal jumped 20 spots...so they beat a team on the rise! ;)

Lunardi dropped them from a 7 seed to an 8 seed playing in SLC. (Side note - he's got a ton of notable teams for the four games in SLC - Gonzaga, Wash, Villanova, Kansas).

The big loser for this league this year is ASU. Beat several good teams and keeps losing in really weird situations (Princeton, WSU at home - 28 point loss last night). I wish that ASU team had been in SLC last weekend.

Applejack
03-01-2019, 10:50 AM
you're essentially cheering against more money in Utah's (and every other P12 members) coffers :beatdown:

having 3-4 conference members making a deep run in the tourney is good money

Yeah, I guess. But how does that extra money make MY life better?

sancho
03-01-2019, 11:00 AM
Lunardi dropped them from a 7 seed to an 8 seed playing in SLC. (Side note - he's got a ton of notable teams for the four games in SLC - Gonzaga, Wash, Villanova, Kansas).

I'm going to the games in SLC with my brother to celebrate his 40th birthday. I was bummed to see that we'll get the Gonzaga 16 vs 1 game. I thought the Zags would go to San Jose, but turns out SLC is closer to Spokane than San Jose is. I hate having to pay to sit though a 16/1 massacre.

Hopefully, some of the other SLC games will make up for it. Hopefully, the Zags themselves will make up for it by losing to an 9 seed on Saturday.

DrumNFeather
03-01-2019, 12:30 PM
I'm going to the games in SLC with my brother to celebrate his 40th birthday. I was bummed to see that we'll get the Gonzaga 16 vs 1 game. I thought the Zags would go to San Jose, but turns out SLC is closer to Spokane than San Jose is. I hate having to pay to sit though a 16/1 massacre.

Hopefully, some of the other SLC games will make up for it. Hopefully, the Zags themselves will make up for it by losing to an 9 seed on Saturday.

I'll be there too. I'm really looking forward to it. If we somehow got the draw as it is right now, that would be something.

sancho
03-03-2019, 03:54 PM
Last week of the season. Who's getting awards?

I think Tres Tinkle is POY. He's 2nd on scoring, 5th in rebounds.

Sedric is #6 in scoring. Jayce is #6 in rebounds. I think Sed is first team all conference. I don't think Jayce makes anything. There was talk about Donnie at 6th man. Maybe. Lu Dort gets freshman of the year. Is there an all-freshman team? Timmy Allen gets on that if there is.

I guess Hopkins is COY by default. Maybe Tinkle.

DrumNFeather
03-04-2019, 07:55 AM

Sedric is #6 in scoring. Jayce is #6 in rebounds. I think Sed is first team all conference. I don't think Jayce makes anything. There was talk about Donnie at 6th man. Maybe. Lu Dort gets freshman of the year. Is there an all-freshman team? Timmy Allen gets on that if there is.

I think I'd still lean towards Thybule for POY. I don't know if they will give him both that and DPOY, but he seems to be the most important player on the best team. I almost think you can't give COY to Hopkins after losing to Cal (kidding, mostly). Give it to Larry! :)

Freshmen of the year is probably Dort in a runaway.

Can Donnie Tillman still get 6th man of the year?

Mormon Red Death
03-04-2019, 08:06 AM

When you look at Centers... Just Centers There is the USC guy, Jeter and Johnson. I bet headband Jayce gets an honorable mention.

sancho
03-04-2019, 09:05 AM
I think I'd still lean towards Thybule for POY.

Can't really go wrong with best player on best team.

sancho
03-04-2019, 09:06 AM
When you look at Centers... Just Centers There is the USC guy, Jeter and Johnson. I bet headband Jayce gets an honorable mention.

I think they historically haven't cared much about true centers. They want a mix of frontcourt and backcourt players.

sancho
03-04-2019, 01:29 PM
First team locks:

Thybule, Tinkle, Franks,

Then you need 7 more out of these 14 players:

Backcourt:
Barefield (top 10 in scoring and assists)
Dort (top 10 in scoring and steals)
Wilkes (top 10 in scoring with 5 rpg, 2 apg)
Martin (13 ppg, 5 apg - #2 overall in assists)
Wright (13 ppg, 5 apg, 5 rpg - stat sheet stuffer)
Hands (14 ppg, 6.5 apg, 3.5 rpg, #1 overall in assists)

Frontcourt:
Boatwright (top 10 in scoring and rebounds)
Cheatham (averages a double double)
Okpala (top 5 in scoring with 6 rpg, 2 apg)
Brown (10 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 bpg)
Bey (averages a double double)
Rakocevic (15 ppg, 9.3 rpg)
Elleby (15 ppg, 7 rpg)
Nowell (16 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 3 apg)

DrumNFeather
03-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Games with implications for the Utes tonight:

Oregon St. @ Washington
Oregon @ Wazzu

Crazy to think that both squads could end the night 9-8.

Washington is not in a position where they can take any losses before the league tournament if they want to be afforded a slip up in Vegas and still get in. Their NET is, however, still very good and won't be hurt by hosting the Oregon schools. I suspect they are in no matter what, but again, that's not what Hopkins has probably been preaching to them after their debacle in NorCal.

Both Oregon Schools own tiebreakers over us, so we certainly don't want to be in a 10-8 tiebreaker with either of them.

Known seeds at this point: 1. Washington, 11. WSU, 12. Cal

It feels like ASU has all but locked up that 2 seed in Vegas. I think all of the tiebreaker scenarios work to their benefit against us, Oregon St., and UCLA.

DrumNFeather
03-07-2019, 07:08 AM
Well, Washington did us a favor by handing Oregon St. their 8th loss of the year. Now we gotta do our part tonight and Saturday.

Mormon Red Death
03-07-2019, 08:08 AM
ASU has wrapped up the 2nd seed as they hold the tiebreaker with Both UCLA and Utah.

sancho
03-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Well, Washington did us a favor by handing Oregon St. their 8th loss of the year. Now we gotta do our part tonight and Saturday.

Interesting week for us. We have "a lot" on the line in one sense - a first round bye and a chance to keep a streak of finishing in the top 4. From another point of view, however, we have almost nothing on the line. The first round bye means our odds of sneaking into the tournament are doubled from something very small to something twice as large but still very small.

We beat USC in a strange game. Their best players are their bigs, and they both had bad nights and foul problems against us in LA. We probably can't count on that happening again.

UCLA, if they have any pride, will be out for revenge. They are another of the teams that should give us problems with length and athleticism. I think they are the most underperforming team in the conference. They didn't play Brown, their best defensive player, against us in LA.

Anything is possible. 0-2, 1-1, 2-0. I predicted a 10-8 finish, and that's still where I think we end up.

SoCalPat
03-07-2019, 09:09 AM
First team locks:

Thybule, Tinkle, Franks,

Backcourt:

Frontcourt:
Elleby (15 ppg, 7 rpg)

Loved his pops in college, so I can be accused of bias, but Stevie Thompson Jr. is a significant omission on this list. 9th in scoring and rates high in steals, assists and A/T ratio. He also leads the league in minutes played in league games. And he's was actually slightly better last year, and didn't make HM. I think he's a first-team lock.

sancho
03-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Loved his pops in college, so I can be accused of bias, but Stevie Thompson Jr. is a significant omission on this list. 9th in scoring and rates high in steals, assists and A/T ratio. He also leads the league in minutes played in league games. And he's was actually slightly better last year, and didn't make HM. I think he's a first-team lock.

I should have put him on the list. He's in there with the other guards on the list. Right in the middle in scoring and assists, high in steals and rebounds.

SoCalPat
03-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Interesting week for us. We have "a lot" on the line in one sense - a first round bye and a chance to keep a streak of finishing in the top 4. From another point of view, however, we have almost nothing on the line. The first round bye means our odds of sneaking into the tournament are doubled from something very small to something twice as large but still very small.

We beat USC in a strange game. Their best players are their bigs, and they both had bad nights and foul problems against us in LA. We probably can't count on that happening again.

UCLA, if they have any pride, will be out for revenge. They are another of the teams that should give us problems with length and athleticism. I think they are the most underperforming team in the conference. They didn't play Brown, their best defensive player, against us in LA.

Anything is possible. 0-2, 1-1, 2-0. I predicted a 10-8 finish, and that's still where I think we end up.

It's pretty simple to figure Vegas out, at least from Utah's end. Win out and we're the 3 seed. I also think a split that involves us beating UCLA will get us at worst a bye, and the 3 seed is still in play depending on how the Bruins do in Boulder, among other things I'm sure.

I'm pretty certain our floor is the 9 seed if we lose out (it's tough to imagine getting passed by Stanford in any multi-team tiebreaker scenario, not only because we own the H-H, but because more of its wins are against Wazzu and Cal (four) and as such, has less tiebreaker equity against the teams it could be tied with in the standings).

Mormon Red Death
03-07-2019, 11:04 AM
It's pretty simple to figure Vegas out, at least from Utah's end. Win out and we're the 3 seed. I also think a split that involves us beating UCLA will get us at worst a bye, and the 3 seed is still in play depending on how the Bruins do in Boulder, among other things I'm sure.

I'm pretty certain our floor is the 9 seed if we lose out (it's tough to imagine getting passed by Stanford in any multi-team tiebreaker scenario, not only because we own the H-H, but because more of its wins are against Wazzu and Cal (four) and as such, has less tiebreaker equity against the teams it could be tied with in the standings).

ahem.....https://www.utahby5.com/showthread.php?2564-2018-19-basketball-season&p=120303&viewfull=1#post120303

SoCalPat
03-07-2019, 12:34 PM
ahem.....https://www.utahby5.com/showthread.php?2564-2018-19-basketball-season&p=120303&viewfull=1#post120303

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Good summary. Probably should've checked the other threads before Sancho sent me down a rabbit hole trying to figure out all the scenarios.

I get into Vegas around 12:30 p.m. on Thursday. Obviously, there are certain scenarios better for me than others if I'm to make it to any Thursday game. Finishing 8-9 appears to be death, because we could likely get Arizona, and we'd draw UW the next day. We could be effectively out of the tournament by the time I get into the room and get calibrated to my surroundings. I'd rather finish 10th than 8-9, but that just doesn't appear likely.

Finishing 3 or 6 is my dream scenario. It sets my calendar nicely so those I'm traveling with can keep it in mind, and the two games leading up to the final are the last game of the evening, when it will be the easiest to get a ticket from others looking to unload theirs. It also keeps my dreams alive of a Utah-ASU matchup Friday night, which will be positively lit.

Mormon Red Death
03-07-2019, 01:32 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Good summary. Probably should've checked the other threads before Sancho sent me down a rabbit hole trying to figure out all the scenarios.

I get into Vegas around 12:30 p.m. on Thursday. Obviously, there are certain scenarios better for me than others if I'm to make it to any Thursday game. Finishing 8-9 appears to be death, because we could likely get Arizona, and we'd draw UW the next day. We could be effectively out of the tournament by the time I get into the room and get calibrated to my surroundings. I'd rather finish 10th than 8-9, but that just doesn't appear likely.

Finishing 3 or 6 is my dream scenario. It sets my calendar nicely so those I'm traveling with can keep it in mind, and the two games leading up to the final are the last game of the evening, when it will be the easiest to get a ticket from others looking to unload theirs. It also keeps my dreams alive of a Utah-ASU matchup Friday night, which will be positively lit.

I was just giving you a hard time. If we end up on Wednesday I would prefer to not have the 8-9 game as it plays at 12 pacific (https://pac-12.com/mens-basketball/mens-basketball-tournament). While my flight gets in at 9:30 I would love a little more time to get settled.

DrumNFeather
03-07-2019, 02:41 PM

SoCal walking into the arena on Friday night:

sancho
03-07-2019, 08:18 PM

Ugh, no headband tonight. Gonna be rough.

sancho
03-10-2019, 09:19 AM
KenPom's odds of winning the Pac-12 tournament:

UW, 26%
Oregon 18.1%
ASU, 16.7%
CU, 10.6%
OSU, 10.5%
Utah, 6.1%
Arizona, 3.6%
UCLA, 3.0%
USC, 2.7%
Stanford, 2.5%
WSU, 0.1%
Cal, 0.03%

The ESPN BPI has a similar ranking, but Utah is lower. Both agree that Oregon is the 2nd best team in the conference. Sagarin, on the other hand, has Oregon as the #1 team in the conference.

sancho
03-10-2019, 10:29 AM
If this guy wants out of Lubbock, he should be able to pick a nice destination:

sancho
03-11-2019, 01:08 PM
First team locks:

Thybule, Tinkle, Franks,

Backcourt:

Frontcourt:
Elleby (15 ppg, 7 rpg)

And the winners are:

Barefield, Bey, Boatwright, Cheatham, Franks, Nowell, Okpala, Thybulle, Tinkle, and Wright (two from CU, two from UW)

Second team:

Dort, Hands, Martin, Thompson Jr, Wilkes

Honorable mention:

Dickerson, King, Rakocevic, Sharma

All Frosh team:

Allen, Brown, Dort, Elleby, King

All Defense:

Cheatham, Dort, Kelley, Thybulle, Wooten

I guess the POY, COY is announced tonight. I think it should be Tinkle, but many others want Thybulle. I think Hopkins is the only real choice for COY. I think Hurley, Larry K, and Tinkle could all be #2 on that list.

sancho
03-11-2019, 06:55 PM
I guess the POY, COY is announced tonight. I think it should be Tinkle, but many others want Thybulle. I think Hopkins is the only real choice for COY. I think Hurley, Larry K, and Tinkle could all be #2 on that list.

Tillman, 6th man of the year
Bey, most improved player
Dort, FOY
Hopkins, COY
Thybulle, DPOY

Nowell for POY? I could buy Thybulle over Tinkle, but I don't see this at all. Tres was robbed.

sancho
03-11-2019, 07:49 PM

sancho
10-11-2019, 10:11 AM
It's better than nothing:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/10/11/pac-12-creates-coast-to-coast-challenge-new-twist-on-old-model-provides-quality-non-conference-games-in-nba-arenas/

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:31 PM
Sexy pictures each dayhttp://medoramai.porn.moesexy.com/?edith taboo porn movi cp czech porn nission porn free fat chic porn clips ebony porns star india fucking

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:33 PM
Hardcore Galleries with hot Hardcore photoshttp://hotnewrap.antipolo.amandahot.com/?alexandra dancing mom porn tease free porn glam queen small cock free porn rough and young porn young porn pillow fight

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:34 PM
Teen Girls Pussy Pics. Hot gallerieshttp://southcoventryporn.married.hotnatalia.com/?tara free porn video colle humor amazkng ashley porn skinny sex porn free xxx porn asian high resolution porn pics

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:36 PM
Girls of Desire: All babes in one place, crazy, arthttp://lerynnewestscam.gigixo.com/?emmalee porn movies to watch free male to gay tube porn sunco preggie porn thumbs porn chippendales for women hot indian porn galleries

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:38 PM
New hot project galleries, daily updateshttp://onlinexxxpornforbestown.moesexy.com/?natasha twisted porn videos japanese hard porn pain porn comics porn star fabiane little dick porn pitures

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:40 PM
Enjoy our scandal amateur galleries that looks incredibly dirtyhttp://yemassee.celibirtyporn.alexysexy.com/?rita gay teen porn v on the hunt free streaming porn free amateur teen video porn porn rapid illegal brother and sister porn videos

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:41 PM
Teen Girls Pussy Pics. Hot gallerieshttp://whatsapp.comedynaval.adablog69.com/?desirae ree iphone porn teen porn threeso me parody porn tubes free period porn video bachelorette party porn tube

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:43 PM
Girls of Desire: All babes in one place, crazy, arthttp://childhoodpicsdaegu.sexjanet.com/?ana interviews with lesbian porn actors japan x porn porn buines porn eat me photos teacher porn tube

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:46 PM
Free Porn Pictures and Best HD Sex Photoshttp://kocaeli.hotgirlsat.hoterika.com/?estefania really thin girl porn make your own porn teen nerd porn videos free porn movie depot free porn under 18

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:47 PM
Hot photo galleries blogs and pictureshttp://noemiepornradcliff.hoterika.com/?violet interracial porn cunnilingus lost girl porn cartoon porn moms jail bate porn free porn video little girls pink

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:49 PM
Nude Sex Pics, Sexy Naked Women, Hot Girls Pornhttp://poolballporn.pornhotsexpussy.sexjanet.com/?jenny stan levine and porn free indian amature porn vids dad daughter dog porn artful teen porn mandingo porn trailers

jonathanfj69
09-04-2021, 02:52 PM
Hot galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://jena.eorticstories.alypics.com/?kimberly domo porn sex porn star shaena steel free thai ladyboy porn men with small dicks porn free hardcore lesbian porn pics

jonathanfj69
10-27-2021, 09:26 PM
Big Ass Photos - Free Huge Butt Porn, Big Booty Picshttp://canisteoanimalpornmovie.miyuhot.com/?kelsey japanese videos free porn indian free teens porn videos naked hot women porn video free porn online mature tube abi blake porn

jonathanfj69
11-01-2021, 02:53 PM
Big Ass Photos - Free Huge Butt Porn, Big Booty Picshttp://ambala.hotsexvideosite.lexixxx.com/?kenna bree olson office porn shemale humilation porn videos free filthy oldman and teeny porn pictures girdle pic porn absolutely free mobile porn no credit

jonathanfj69
11-01-2021, 02:58 PM
Browse over 500 000 of the best porn galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://bezwadaamateurandteen.sexjanet.com/?elaina british pornstar avalon porn free hd porn pix black shemale porn tube sites porn bad interior decorating shy girl porn video

jonathanfj69
11-01-2021, 03:00 PM
New project started to be available today, check it outhttp://thedatefor.miyuhot.com/?ashtyn hot amateur teen porn pics jorge gomez porn carmen ryan porn direct streamin forced porn videos free black porn rss channels

jonathanfj69
11-01-2021, 03:06 PM
Free Porn Pictures and Best HD Sex Photoshttp://dildo.fukui.gigixo.com/?abigale freddy krueger porn miss russia porn movies porn by mack shemale double penetration porn free porn sites for buble butts

jonathanfj69
11-01-2021, 03:13 PM
Big Ass Photos - Free Huge Butt Porn, Big Booty Picshttp://saxysaxphotohisar.kanakox.com/?berenice free legal teen porn movies sleeping pokemon porn dress up game video game porn tube aimee addison porn yong teen porn movies

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:25 AM
Sexy photo galleries, daily updated picshttp://bbw.bellyholenarsipur.adablog69.com/?micah gay porn hawaii porn on a rock zana porn contortion porn vids free movie trailers porn free

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:31 AM
New project started to be available today, check it outhttp://york.hotnatalia.com/?jadyn free hairy bears porn gillan welsh porn free 3d glasses teen porn preschool pink porn free videos back road bratts porn

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:32 AM
Teen Girls Pussy Pics. Hot gallerieshttp://img.alt.tag.seodien.bien.phu.moesexy.com/?dulce phat booty porn tuybes midget clown porn prowel porn real teen porn picture porn trailers forced

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:34 AM
Hardcore Galleries with hot Hardcore photoshttp://bigsexynakedass.energysexy.com/?izabella vedeo porn awards free video free porn trailers gay goy gay porn porn rooster backseat porn free clips

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:36 AM
Sexy photo galleries, daily updated picshttp://sexygeril.miaxxx.com/?julissa 12 days to christmas porn free porn cartoon sites yellow toons porn free fucking porn dump teen porn star claudia

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:38 AM
Hot new pictures each dayhttp://sexysmsinurdutirupati.hoterika.com/?cynthia free interactive porn games movie thumb porn free black gay guy porn free longe streming porn us sex free porn

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:43 AM
Hot photo galleries blogs and pictureshttp://kotahot.actors.danexxx.com/?abbie india girls porn tube bedroom cfnm porn free porn shops near 01440 free latina homemade porn best anal porn movie reviews

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:44 AM
Hot galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://caracascumshot.hoterika.com/?katy morman porn free hd porn video gallery ayanami porn famkily guy porn pics free glma porn

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:45 AM
Girls of Desire: All babes in one place, crazy, arthttp://xxxmoviespornecalicut.amandahot.com/?jasmine kay parker classic porn movies free free strippers porn videos romanian girl porn site amber steel porn hub blake rose porn

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:47 AM
Big Ass Photos - Free Huge Butt Porn, Big Booty Picshttp://ratemymilf.bolt24drink.amandahot.com/?veronica plump big ass porn free galleries top rated free porn streaming drunk girls in stockings porn sell homade porn movies kayden kross porn video download

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:48 AM
Girls of Desire: All babes in one place, crazy, arthttp://rogerrabetporn.kanakox.com/?johana hospital porn tube iddy porn web site with dsi porn 80s hair porn free online youth porn videos

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:50 AM
Teen Girls Pussy Pics. Hot gallerieshttp://bac.kaniphotostock.danexxx.com/?destini native american men porn free porn downloads no signup latino porn pic free amature underground porn videos nikki sexx porn hub

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:53 AM
Sexy teen photo gallerieshttp://amatuersharporn.miyuhot.com/?ashtyn free hardcore amature porn black porn rsa little penises in porn pamela anderson porn videos free porn rabbitt site

jonathanfj69
11-04-2021, 08:56 AM
Big Ass Photos - Free Huge Butt Porn, Big Booty Picshttp://instasexi.hof.sexjanet.com/?maribel bodybuilding females porn non downloadable lesbian porn amateir porn fuck team five porn store fuck free porn hub small tits

jonathanfj69
11-07-2021, 04:59 PM
Scandal porn galleries, daily updated listshttp://sexyas.hotnatalia.com/?sydnie porn star bree olson hbo top soft porn movies hot teen stripping porn free porn video gallarys interactive strip porn

jonathanfj69
11-07-2021, 05:00 PM
Enjoy our scandal amateur galleries that looks incredibly dirtyhttp://brassiere.pornknierim.danexxx.com/?ivy fuck like an animal porn pinoy celebrity porn pictures my homegrown porn bree olsen on porn connection hi res free porn

jonathanfj69
11-27-2021, 07:17 AM
Hot sexy porn projects, daily updateshttp://steakblowjob.moesexy.com/?julianna free brazzers holly halston porn videos porn video broadcast all types of porn porn birthday emails free sexy cartoon video porn

jonathanfj69
11-27-2021, 07:19 AM
Nude Sex Pics, Sexy Naked Women, Hot Girls Pornhttp://good.jokes.corum.topanasex.com/?valerie und porn free homemade hooker porn very very young interracial porn mummies porn free squirting girls porn free

jonathanfj69
11-27-2021, 07:21 AM
Free Porn Galleries - Hot Sex Pictureshttp://shemalemovie.danexxx.com/?kiley blue tube porn free free video porn english housewife porn hentai ritual porn pussy pump free 2 guys and girl porn

jonathanfj69
11-27-2021, 07:24 AM
Sexy teen photo gallerieshttp://marriages.bigpirn.gigixo.com/?melina jobs in the porn biz very young tiny little oriental porn porn slangs men of porn leighton stultz electric blue english porn

jonathanfj69
11-27-2021, 07:26 AM
Best Nude Playmates & Centerfolds, Beautiful galleries daily updateshttp://dirtyneeds.orion.lexixxx.com/?dayana free gay porn on ipod touch shemale disney cartoon porn vary hot porn sex air force porn xxx 11 guys 1 girl porn

jonathanfj69
11-27-2021, 07:27 AM
Big Ass Photos - Free Huge Butt Porn, Big Booty Picshttp://hawiianpornpuicwinnetka.sexjanet.com/?precious sing up to get internet porn free inest porn stories hd porn ftube slut sex porn whore vintage old young porn clip

jonathanfj69
11-27-2021, 07:31 AM
Sexy photo galleries, daily updated collectionshttp://underassdindigul.adablog69.com/?lyric porn scene torrent faith porn actress scarlett webb porn sensual porn movies for women lorraine jones porn

jonathanfj69
11-27-2021, 07:33 AM
Young Heaven - Naked Teens & Young Porn Pictureshttp://drunkgirlpics.sexynakedpics.amandahot.com/?olivia amateur big natural porn pictures averge black porn xtube porn iphone free amateur teen party porn tubes avril lavigne free porn video

jonathanfj69
11-27-2021, 07:34 AM
New hot project galleries, daily updateshttp://milfgirlporn.hotnatalia.com/?esmeralda barbie blank porn free porn clips xxx rated free hd porn wmv porn star sexfights hard core adult porn sites