PDA

View Full Version : Utah women's hoops

UtahsMrSports
01-27-2019, 02:25 PM
An incredible seaaon so far. If you havent been paying attention, they beat 6th ranked stanford this afternoon. Their only loss was a buzzer beater by asu after the refs missed a blatant foul on the other end.

Whats more is they are doing this with an 8 player rotation. Of the 13 scholarship players, 2 are transfers in and redshirting. 1 tore her acl against asu. 1 transferred out earlier this month. 1 is still getting academically eligible. Of the 8 active, 4 are freshmen.

SoCalPat
01-28-2019, 09:11 AM
An incredible seaaon so far. If you havent been paying attention, they beat 6th ranked stanford this afternoon. Their only loss was a buzzer beater by asu after the refs missed a blatant foul on the other end.

Whats more is they are doing this with an 8 player rotation. Of the 13 scholarship players, 2 are transfers in and redshirting. 1 tore her acl against asu. 1 transferred out earlier this month. 1 is still getting academically eligible. Of the 8 active, 4 are freshmen.

If Lynne Roberts isn't national COY, there had better be a very compelling reason. Since I don't follow women's hoops anywhere near the extent I do the men's game, I'm not going to say one doesn't exist, but if it does, it would be a really bad break for Lynne. I wasn't a fan of the extension given her this offseason (as one who followed the team during the Elliott years and has the greatest respect for Elaine, the extension for a coach who hadn't done anything near to what Elaine did was almost insulting to the program and its fans), but she's more than earned it going forward.

I drove the 3 hours from Twin Falls yesterday with my teen daughter to be at the game. Was able to get floor seats for $10. Would've easily paid $30 apiece for some of the several courtside seats that went unused. Had a blast -- the close game and Utah win certainly helped. There's a lot of good and some mediocre about the event production and entertainment emphasis, but I can say this with emphasis: If you're not doing anything on a Sunday afternoon, and you choose not to be at either of the two remaining Sunday games this year, you're doing it all wrong in life.

UtahsMrSports
03-08-2019, 08:58 AM
Absolutely devastating end to the season last night, losing to 11 seed Washington in the first round of the pac-12 tournament. Down to 7 healthy players, it sounds like the team will decline any postseason invites (out of running for ncaa tournament). Still there is a lot of reason for optimism with this program.