PDA

View Full Version : Random chat thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Dwight Schr-Ute
03-11-2015, 11:35 AM
https://youtu.be/_5aKcpAhTOk

NorthwestUteFan
03-11-2015, 12:46 PM
Racing fast little boats on twisty river channels used to be a popular sport here around Seattle (Sammamish Slough between Lake Washington and Sammamish Lake). It was an annual event from the early 1930s through 1976, and the races often had 80k spectators.

The boats raced around tight corners, jumped logs, and dodged bridge pilings.

The races ended after a spectator was badly injured in 1976, but a local historical society wad able to get the races organized again for the last two years.

Here is a promo video from the 1950s sometime:

u3HkpBgY47o

mUUser
05-04-2015, 07:10 PM
http://livability.com/top-10/families/10-best-cities-families/2015

Have lived in 2 of these 10 cities/towns.

Senioritis
06-04-2015, 10:18 AM
I just dropped off a load of gently used junk at the Centerville DI. The dude helping me at the Donation Drop Off had on a shirt that said "You Suck."

Not part of the dress code, but definitely added some flavor.

chrisrenrut
06-04-2015, 12:39 PM
I just dropped off a load of gently used junk at the Centerville DI. The dude helping me at the Donation Drop Off had on a shirt that said "You Suck."

Not part of the dress code, but definitely added some flavor.

Most of the staff at the DI are parolees or someone recently released from jail. That sounds scary, and might explain the t-shirt (or it might just be a fun shirt they found on the rack). But the DI does a fantastic job of helping those in that situation that are willing to work hard and want to improve their situation.

A relative of mine got a job at the DI after spending a year in jail. He found a mentor who is still a great friend to him today. They helped him earn his HVAC certificate through the local county trade school, and he then was able to get a good paying job in that field. I'm sure there are probably 5 burn-out stories for each success story, but I think it's cool that the DI contributes that role to the community (in addition to being willing to take my unwanted stuff).

Also, a guy in my ward works for the church, and was marvelling at how the DI could not turn a profit with their business model. I guess they run in the red each year, despite having nearly all of the goods they sell donated.

LA Ute
06-10-2015, 09:28 AM
I'll just leave this right here:

http://dilbert.com/strip/2015-06-07

LA Ute
06-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Ouch. The Tar Heels looking bad.

University of North Carolina placed on probation by accreditation agency

http://college.usatoday.com/2015/06/11/unc-probation-accreditation-agency/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LA Ute
06-19-2015, 05:26 PM
As you guys know, I like to listen to the ESPN 700 podcasts while I am working out. Riley is out this week, and it is painfully clear that O'Connell cannot carry a show by himself. I usually drop the podcast about 10 minutes in and go to something else. It's really terrible.

Scorcho
06-19-2015, 10:55 PM
sorry Seattle Pizza Hut on 65th st

I made dinner tonight and it sucked (not much was consumed). The fam said they were fine, but about an hour ago they started getting hungry. I hopped on line and ordered a couple of pizzas. I completely forgot to check which location I was ordering from. I showed up and Pizza Hut and they didn't have my order, they called a couple close by stores and couldn't find it.

When I got home I checked my laptop and it had saved my location from a business trip a few weeks ago to Seattle :)

I need to start an I'm an idiot thread. :moron:

UtahsMrSports
06-21-2015, 12:12 PM
As you guys know, I like to listen to the ESPN 700 podcasts while I am working out. Riley is out this week, and it is painfully clear that O'Connell cannot carry a show by himself. I usually drop the podcast about 10 minutes in and go to something else. It's really terrible.

I couldn't agree more. OC is a nice enough guy, but there is just something about him that bores me or drives me nuts.

I think I like that show best when Bill is by himself. The budget at ESPN 700 must be pretty low compared to the Zone because the Zone keeps hiring Bill's cohosts away. Its boo bad Bill is too busy to have a show by himself.

Oh, has anyone heard the new midday show on 700? Monday through Thursday its Tom Kirkland, the former KSL sports anchor and on fridays its some mix of Frank Dolce, Josh Grant, Brian Swinney, Bo Nagahi, etc. Basically, whoever can get off work for a few hours. Kirkland's show is awful. Suffice it to say his talents arent in radio. For example, when a guest is on, he will say "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh" as they talk. He also appears to be trying too hard. The friday show is ok, unless Swinney is on.

U-Ute
06-22-2015, 02:40 PM
I couldn't agree more. OC is a nice enough guy, but there is just something about him that bores me or drives me nuts.

I think I like that show best when Bill is by himself. The budget at ESPN 700 must be pretty low compared to the Zone because the Zone keeps hiring Bill's cohosts away. Its boo bad Bill is too busy to have a show by himself.

Oh, has anyone heard the new midday show on 700? Monday through Thursday its Tom Kirkland, the former KSL sports anchor and on fridays its some mix of Frank Dolce, Josh Grant, Brian Swinney, Bo Nagahi, etc. Basically, whoever can get off work for a few hours. Kirkland's show is awful. Suffice it to say his talents arent in radio. For example, when a guest is on, he will say "uh huh, uh huh, uh huh" as they talk. He also appears to be trying too hard. The friday show is ok, unless Swinney is on.

Yah. This. Ugh.

I keep forgetting about the Red show on fridays. I need to remember that.

LA Ute
07-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Seattle Ute and NWUF, get out while you still can!!

The Really Big One
An earthquake will destroy a sizable portion of the coastal Northwest. The question is when.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one

NorthwestUteFan
07-13-2015, 11:25 PM
Seattle Ute and NWUF, get out while you still can!!

The Really Big One
An earthquake will destroy a sizable portion of the coastal Northwest. The question is when.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/07/20/the-really-big-one

We are overdue. The last BIG quake around here raised the north end on Bainbridge Island by 10 ft, and dropped the south end by a similar amount.

But then again, California is also long overdue and the next big one in SLC will cause tremendous damage similar to the Mexico City quake in the 80s.

Nowhere is safe. Everybody Panic!

LA Ute
07-14-2015, 10:29 AM
We are overdue. The last BIG quake around here raised the north end on Bainbridge Island by 10 ft, and dropped the south end by a similar amount.

But then again, California is also long overdue and the next big one in SLC will cause tremendous damage similar to the Mexico City quake in the 80s.

Nowhere is safe. Everybody Panic!

We're living in a tent now in the middle of an undeveloped plot of land. With no electrical wires overhead or gas or water mains underground. We're ready!

Rocker Ute
07-14-2015, 11:01 AM
It seems a legendary Senioritis post was captured after all:

http://www.collegehumor.com/post/7026919/20-selfies-instantly-improved-by-the-background#item-3

Senioritis
07-14-2015, 01:17 PM
It seems a legendary Senioritis post was captured after all:

http://www.collegehumor.com/post/7026919/20-selfies-instantly-improved-by-the-background#item-3

AAAAARRRGGGHHHGHGHGHGH!!!! NO, NO, NO!!!! Make it stop!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!

CHECK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocker Ute
07-22-2015, 10:13 PM
We've had a parakeet for about 5 years. My wife and I kind are kind of sick of it, kids are mostly indifferent, but when asked about giving him to someone they really protest.

In the summer we put him outside during the day. When he is inside we will sometimes open his cage and he'll come out and fly around and do parakeet stuff with the kids.

Today when the storm picked up my wife brought him inside and opened his cage. We usually keep his door open with a clip and he'll go back and forth from inside to out of his cage.

The storm subsided so she put him back outside but didn't close the door. I was coming inside as it was getting dark and was about to bring him in when I noticed he wasn't there. The bird made a choice and it was to move on.

At first we hatched a plan to tell them he died in the evening and I buried him already. But then we thought, "What if he comes back?" So we went back to the policy of never lying to our kids and we are going to tell them the truth.

So if you see a yellow parakeet that hates people, enjoy him. He probably headed to the SL Country Club.

So my wife feels terrible because she knows the kids will be upset.

However there might be a silver lining. When I was a kid that is actually how we GOT our parakeet. One day we noticed him in a tree in our back yard so my brother coaxed him down from the tree and he had many adventures in our house after that.

So best of luck "Feathers" may you live a long life of freedom or may the animal that eats you kill you swiftly.

Rocker Ute
07-23-2015, 05:26 PM
There is a flock of naturalized parakeets in New Orleans that I believe started with a few escapees like Feathers. It was always really fun to see them around town.

We taught Feathers abstinence only, and now that he is out on his own I am questioning that decision.

Rocker Ute
07-25-2015, 09:03 AM
So in news of the weird, our bird was found and apparently the faith of our children who were praying for his return was stronger than the faith of my wife and me, as we were praying he wouldn't return.

Other than here we had told only two other couple friends of ours he was missing. This morning we were meeting up with one of them to go for a bike ride and when they rolled up to our house she said, "I think we found your missing bird." We thought they were joking because we had all been joking about it our last ride on Thursday. So skeptically we rode to their house about 3/4 a mile away half expecting to see a stuffed duck.

But there he was, sitting in the gutter trying to forage for some food.

I picked him up in one hand and rode him home steering with the other.

My daughter most concerned, who papered the neighborhood phone poles and walls with flyers hasn't woken yet, she'll be delighted. My 4yo ran outside to see him and said, "I wonder if he found a lady friend and they're gonna get married and have babies?" Lady friend? I wonder where she picked that up.

So it's a Pioneer Day miracle.

Rocker Ute
07-25-2015, 10:19 AM

A sample flyer my two daughters crates. We'll forgive them for covering up the number. Maybe he would have been found sooner if that hadn't happened. I'll have to remind them of that.

LA Ute
07-25-2015, 10:54 AM
So in news of the weird, our bird was found and apparently the faith of our children who were praying for his return was stronger than the faith of my wife and me, as we were praying he wouldn't return.

Other than here we had told only two other couple friends of ours he was missing. This morning we were meeting up with one of them to go for a bike ride and when they rolled up to our house she said, "I think we found your missing bird." We thought they were joking because we had all been joking about it our last ride on Thursday. So skeptically we rode to their house about 3/4 a mile away half expecting to see a stuffed duck.

But there he was, sitting in the gutter trying to forage for some food.

I picked him up in one hand and rode him home steering with the other.

My daughter most concerned, who papered the neighborhood phone poles and walls with flyers hasn't woken yet, she'll be delighted. My 4yo ran outside to see him and said, "I wonder if he found a lady friend and they're gonna get married and have babies?" Lady friend? I wonder where she picked that up.

So it's a Pioneer Day miracle.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/W_Daninsky/holy.gif

U-Ute
07-27-2015, 11:19 AM

A sample flyer my two daughters crates. We'll forgive them for covering up the number. Maybe he would have been found sooner if that hadn't happened. I'll have to remind them of that.

I feel bad for your footless bird.

LA Ute
08-02-2015, 02:47 PM
Is this guy a tech billionaire or a MLM billionaire?

https://www.deeperblue.com/homeowner-builds-very-own-scuba-diving-pool/

LA Ute
08-05-2015, 05:27 PM
The latest Tapatalk update us surprisingly excellent.

LA Ute
08-13-2015, 08:57 PM
One of my sons plans to take the GRE. He is looking for the best GRE preparation course. I know we have a number of former grad students here. What do you guys recommend?

LA Ute
08-14-2015, 10:56 AM
LA, I took it when I was a senior, so I didn't need a prep course. It was all still fresh. Sorry I can't help there.

What field is your son in? The math section is not high level stuff, but if he hasn't done much math for a while, he will need to review. I would recommend that he start with a practice test, online or at the library. If the math is tricky, he can start reviewing concepts like algebra and geometry on the Kahn academy. From there, he will just need practice GRE problems to get used to the way things are worded.

I had the feeling during my application process that the GRE score didn't matter too much as long as it was not a red flag. I believe the grades and recommendations were more important.

If your son is coming back to school after working, his maturity and experience will be a plus, and I would guess/hope they will be more understanding of GRE scores.

He is planning on a M.S. in Information Systems. It's called an MSIS: http://msis.business.utah.edu/

mUUser
08-14-2015, 11:25 AM
He is planning on a M.S. in Information Systems. It's called an MSIS: http://msis.business.utah.edu/

At minimum he'll be in high demand when he graduates.

Mormon Red Death
08-14-2015, 09:16 PM
One of my sons plans to take the GRE. He is looking for the best GRE preparation course. I know we have a number of former grad students here. What do you guys recommend?

I bought a book at the start of the summer and took a practice test every day in one of the sections. I then took the U course for a couple hundred bucks. on Saturdays at the computer lab you could go take practice tests. I Did that 4 times. I got good enough scores to get into my top pick and get a scholarship.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

LA Ute
08-15-2015, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the advice, guys. Very helpful.

LA Ute
08-15-2015, 02:14 PM
This reminds me that my own personal trials are pretty small compared to the ones others have to deal with.

http://www.burbankleader.com/news/tn-blr-girl-killed-in-car-accident-was-light-of-our-life-parents-say-20150814,0,4641457.story

Senioritis
08-31-2015, 05:04 PM
Amazing offer from my Facebook feed, for anyone interested. Act Now!

__________________________________________________ ___________________

FREE
Free Dustin Diamond autograph. Yup it says my name, Angie, but if you're a fan you can have it. Seen while at Wiseguys comedy club over ten years ago. Free! In syarcuse. Oos.

LA Ute
09-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Just a September morning shot of the Marriott Library Plaza from the northeast.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/05/810f20ac6cb768611ce4fcfebfbbbafd.jpg

U-Ute
09-05-2015, 07:16 PM
That's a great shot!

LA Ute
09-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Those who have loved ones who don't really appreciate sports will understand this:

U-Ute
10-01-2015, 09:53 AM
We've waited 30 years for this.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit.

LA Ute
10-21-2015, 09:15 AM
It's Oct. 21, 2015. Keep an eye out for Marty McFly.

U-Ute
10-21-2015, 03:32 PM
https://www.facebook.com/victoriapolice/photos/a.223960551009422.55346.214542541951223/970735382998598/?type=3&theater

Sullyute
10-21-2015, 10:34 PM
We watched Back To The Future II with the family tonight. I forgot what a terrible show it was.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

mUUser
10-27-2015, 10:11 AM
Our 4th visit to a home game this season. The sight of so many women in one place wearing knee length shorts still freaks me out a bit.

LA Ute
10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
Just curious. Where are you seeing this? At the game? Around the University? Or in the suburban parts of Salt Lake? To me, Salt Lake looks a lot different than the city I left 30+ years ago. But when I am there I am usually in the downtown/avenues area, so I'm wondering.

mUUser
10-27-2015, 12:31 PM
In suburbia and outlying areas like utah and cache county. Salt lake proper/ park city Is nothing like this. Like u said its done a 180 the last 30 years and has evolved into an interesting and enjoyable city. I visit my MIL in Provo and its just a weird place. Can't help it. Probably my strong bias to b in the Utes crowd.

mUUser
10-27-2015, 12:36 PM
My parent live near parleys. There's 18 homes on our street. Growing up there were 15 LDS and 3 that were not. Now it is just the opposite. 3 LDS and 15 are not. May have something to do with the proximity of St Ambrose? I don't know.

LA Ute
10-29-2015, 05:51 PM
I love accents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NriDTxseog

NorthwestUteFan
01-05-2016, 12:56 AM
Speaking of the seattle bubble, I will be there this week. Any food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) recommendations for downtown? Coming from Denver, I would love some fresh seafood.
Seattle Ute is the king of restaurant recommendations but i will try to add a few recs.

For seafood it really depends what you want. For quick and passable fast food (fish and chips and chowdah), Ivars is pretty good and cheap ($15-ish if you splurge). Right next to the ferry terminal, up the road a few blocks from CLink and Safeco Field.

For fast-ish sit-down dining the Fisherman's Restaurant is also decent. A bit more than Ivars.

I happen to like Chinook's on Lake Union at the Fisherman's Terminal. If you have a car it is easy to get there and parking is ample. I particularly like this place because my step-grandmother's son was a fishing boat captain (think Deadliest Catch) and was based here, and she gets nostalgic for him when we go there.

But if you want a world-class dining experience with better seafood than you can possibly imagine, you want Aqua. It is the quintessential Seattle seafood experience, located at the end of a pier overlooking the Sound. My wife and i went for our anniversary, spent well over $350, and still felt it was a bargain. :D
elgaucho.com/dine/aqua

Lark is a newer restaurant with a very adventurous menu. It is a fun place. Very interesting seafood, as well as hoity toity Turf (wagyu beef, venison, duck dishes, etc).
larkseattle.com

El Gaucho is always amazing. Can't go wrong there. It is perhaps one of the greatest steakhouses in America. I put it on par with Smith and Wollensky in NYC, Morton's in Chicago, and Del Frisco in Boston. It is THAT good.
elgaucho.com/dine/seattle

Metropolitan Grill is also very good food. Very good steak and seafood.
themetropolitangrill.com

Enjoy! Let us know where you go.

chrisrenrut
01-15-2016, 12:56 PM
So, there was a mountain lion in our backyard yesterday. It's been hanging out in the neighborhood for a week or so. I'm scared to let my kids play outside.

I was perusing ksl.com the other day and noticed that the house next to mine was in a picture on a story. It was a bit shocking at first. Luckily, it was due to a moose wandering the area. The police set up a perimeter until it went back up into the mountains.

But yeah, mountain lion, very scary.

Diehard Ute
01-15-2016, 02:05 PM
So, there was a mountain lion in our backyard yesterday. It's been hanging out in the neighborhood for a week or so. I'm scared to let my kids play outside.

Please. As the Utes have proven cougars are merely loud house cats.

LA Ute
01-24-2016, 10:23 PM
I'm looking for a basement apartment or something similar that would be suitable for a single male tenant. Anywhere in SLC would do, Sugarhouse area would be perfect. PM me if you know of anything.

DrumNFeather
01-25-2016, 06:14 AM
I'm looking for a basement apartment or something similar that would be suitable for a single male tenant. Anywhere in SLC would do, Sugarhouse area would be perfect. PM me if you know of anything.

Your wife finally give you the boot? ;)

LA Ute
01-25-2016, 07:37 AM
Your wife finally give you the boot? ;)

No, I just need a place to keep my stamp collection.

Actually, it's for one of my sons.

U-Ute
02-05-2016, 01:57 PM
This guy: Jack Churchill (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Churchill)

Lieutenant-Colonel John Malcolm Thorpe Fleming "Jack" Churchill, DSO & Bar, MC & Bar (16 September 1906 – 8 March 1996) was a British Army officer who fought throughout the Second World War armed with a longbow, bagpipes, and a basket-hilted Scottish broadsword.

That is bad ass.

mUUser
03-07-2016, 01:07 PM
Found myself trying to explain to an acquaintance of mine this weekend why my HS senior daughter didn't apply to BYU. He's only somewhat familiar with mormons, and not familiar at all with BYU.

Anyway, I told him it wasn't a good fit, and in explaining why......the dress code regarding short lengths & sundresses, FHE groups, tunnel singing, decaf drinks, clergy recommends, approved housing, prayer before class, testimony bearing.....etc, I realized how odd it must sound to a normal person. But, it really hit me when I heard the the words "Beard Card" come out of my mouth. He looked at me like I had 5 heads, and said, and I quote "What in the hell is a beard card?" Ever try explaining the need for a doctor to give a medical reason to grow a beard?.....such a bizarre place.

Rocker Ute
03-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Found myself trying to explain to an acquaintance of mine this weekend why my HS senior daughter didn't apply to BYU. He's only somewhat familiar with mormons, and not familiar at all with BYU.

Anyway, I told him it wasn't a good fit, and in explaining why......the dress code regarding short lengths & sundresses, FHE groups, tunnel singing, decaf drinks, clergy recommends, approved housing, prayer before class, testimony bearing.....etc, I realized how odd it must sound to a normal person. But, it really hit me when I heard the the words "Beard Card" come out of my mouth. He looked at me like I had 5 heads, and said, and I quote "What in the hell is a beard card?" Ever try explaining the need for a doctor to give a medical reason to grow a beard?.....such a bizarre place.

Actually, with all the hipster doofus beards going on in the world today, suddenly the beard card has become decidedly awesome.

But yeah, weird place.

sancho
03-07-2016, 03:25 PM
.....such a bizarre place.

I am occasionally embarrassed to be a Mormon. Often, BYU is involved.

sancho
03-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Actually, with all the hipster doofus beards going on in the world today, suddenly the beard card has become decidedly awesome.

But yeah, weird place.

Check out the beard token:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_tax

Rocker Ute
03-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Check out the beard token:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_tax

Nowadays the coin would have a dude in a topknot and beard. That should be taxed.

http://newhairstyl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/top-knot-for-men-5.jpg

Get off my lawn.

Applejack
03-08-2016, 08:11 AM

But yeah, weird place.

Are you anti-beard? Are you a male?

Rocker Ute
03-08-2016, 08:18 AM
I am anti hipster-doofus beard. Yes I am male.

Big scraggly beards = attaching toilet to face

sancho
03-08-2016, 08:37 AM

Beards are good. Shaving is awful, especially for those of us with a lot of testosterone.

U-Ute
03-08-2016, 08:59 AM
5 years to complete the tweet. Well done.

:clap:

Rocker Ute
03-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Beards are good. Shaving is awful, especially for those of us with a lot of testosterone.

Regular beards? Cool. Hipster-doofus beard (see picture above) = fecal matter close to face.

Applejack
03-08-2016, 09:44 AM

:confused: Hair is good. Think of Jesus' flowing locks and rangy beard, or Ulysses S. Grant's solid beard, or Jane Seymour's luscious locks. I think you are anti-hair.

Rocker Ute
03-08-2016, 09:52 AM
:confused: Hair is good. Think of Jesus' flowing locks and rangy beard, or Ulysses S. Grant's solid beard, or Jane Seymour's luscious locks. I think you are anti-hair.

Jesus didn't have fecal matter in his beard, I'm pretty comfortable with whatever He wants to do with his facial hair... He could place it on my kitchen table if He so chose. Ulysses S Grant probably did have fecal matter in his beard, but I think fecal matter covered everything back in that time. Jane Seymour doesn't have a beard, but probably washes her hair daily and certainly doesn't run soup and/or snot through it.

I'm sure your beard is fine though. (looks around uncomfortably).

Some other instances of bad hair:

Back hair
Butt hair
Loose hair found in cheesecake at restaurant
Nose hair (beard can help conceal problem
Ear hair

Speaking of which, when I first got married and we were trying to decide on a family doctor I decided to go to my wife's life long family practitioner. He had the most remarkable crop of ear hair... it was thick and apparently well-groomed. I was fixated on it. It also swung the choice over to my family doctor, who did a better job on the ear hair forest.

Growing older now and having to make sure to keep things on my ears well-plucked and groomed I've had that fear from Seinfeld that my grooming will result in it growing back faster, thicker and blacker and my currently mockery of ear hair will come back to haunt me.

chrisrenrut
03-08-2016, 11:32 AM
I just finished watching the final season of Justified. It was great, but it has some weird facial hair issues.

First was Sam Elliot without a mustache. He has the most perfect persona and upper lip for a mustache ever, seeing him without it was unnerving.

Then the the guy on the right had a very scraggly beard. It's the same guy that played the Hope's grandpa in Raising Hope. Every time he was in screen, my face started to itch.

http://photos.laineygossip.com/articles/justified-recap-04feb15.jpg

Diehard Ute
03-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Jesus didn't have fecal matter in his beard, I'm pretty comfortable with whatever He wants to do with his facial hair... He could place it on my kitchen table if He so chose. Ulysses S Grant probably did have fecal matter in his beard, but I think fecal matter covered everything back in that time. Jane Seymour doesn't have a beard, but probably washes her hair daily and certainly doesn't run soup and/or snot through it.

I'm sure your beard is fine though. (looks around uncomfortably).

Some other instances of bad hair:

Back hair
Butt hair
Loose hair found in cheesecake at restaurant
Nose hair (beard can help conceal problem
Ear hair

Speaking of which, when I first got married and we were trying to decide on a family doctor I decided to go to my wife's life long family practitioner. He had the most remarkable crop of ear hair... it was thick and apparently well-groomed. I was fixated on it. It also swung the choice over to my family doctor, who did a better job on the ear hair forest.

Growing older now and having to make sure to keep things on my ears well-plucked and groomed I've had that fear from Seinfeld that my grooming will result in it growing back faster, thicker and blacker and my currently mockery of ear hair will come back to haunt me.

But without beards there wouldn't be this

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160308/f83f62c57a4458082a73f72c6afc0679.jpg

U-Ute
03-17-2016, 10:21 AM
This is awesome.

xVJxoC77g2I

mUUser
04-16-2016, 08:40 PM
Have 2 random thoughts tonight:

First, my son has a game tomorrow against a team that is gonna pitch a kid named Blaze Whichen. Best name ever. Made me think I should've named my kid Axel, Ace, Gunner or some-such.

Second, I've lived in a number of states outside Utah, and it seems Mormon Prom has become stronger and stronger. In Texas, it was huge. At our current home, the Stake Center opens up to those that prefer to dance with the lights on and play games till midnight. I don't get it, but, whatever. Is there a Mormon Prom movement in Utah, or is the regular prom mormon enough?

Two Utes
04-17-2016, 10:53 AM
No Mormon Prom in my neighborhood thankfully

hostile
04-17-2016, 11:40 AM
No Mormon Prom in my neighborhood thankfully
:highfive:

Sullyute
04-17-2016, 02:13 PM
I need a little help on a "hypothetical". In preparing his yard for winter, individual 'A' opens the spigot on the secondary water to help it drain and forgets about it. 'A' then puts his house up for sale and moves 2000 miles away. In the spring, individual 'B' (first time home owner) buys the house from 'A'. Two weeks after closing, individual 'B' goes out of town, and the city turns on the secondary water. Individual 'B' comes home to a window well full of water and a flooded basement bedroom. In your opinion, what legal/moral obligation does 'A' have to 'B'?

Dwight Schr-Ute
04-17-2016, 02:55 PM
I need a little help on a "hypothetical". In preparing his yard for winter, individual 'A' opens the spigot on the secondary water to help it drain and forgets about it. 'A' then puts his house up for sale and moves 2000 miles away. In the spring, individual 'B' (first time home owner) buys the house from 'A'. Two weeks after closing, individual 'B' goes out of town, and the city turns on the secondary water. Individual 'B' comes home to a window well full of water and a flooded basement bedroom. In your opinion, what legal/moral obligation does 'A' have to 'B'?

Hopefully, individual A was smart enough to not leave any contact information with Individual B.

Rocker Ute
04-17-2016, 04:01 PM
Have 2 random thoughts tonight:

First, my son has a game tomorrow against a team that is gonna pitch a kid named Blaze Whichen. Best name ever. Made me think I should've named my kid Axel, Ace, Gunner or some-such.

Second, I've lived in a number of states outside Utah, and it seems Mormon Prom has become stronger and stronger. In Texas, it was huge. At our current home, the Stake Center opens up to those that prefer to dance with the lights on and play games till midnight. I don't get it, but, whatever. Is there a Mormon Prom movement in Utah, or is the regular prom mormon enough?

What in the world is Mormon Prom? Do you mean it is like a side prom during regular prom where kids can go and do what you described? And do non-Mormon kids participate?

LA Ute
04-17-2016, 04:11 PM
What in the world is Mormon Prom? Do you mean it is like a side prom during regular prom where kids can go and do what you described? And do non-Mormon kids participate?

We have them regionally in SoCal. Usually they are in pretty cool venues. Example:

http://ldsprom.blogspot.com/?m=1

They're for LDS kids but I think anyone can go as long as they observe the standards. The youth enjoy them. We pooled money and rented a limo for 8-10 kids frlm our ward to go one year.

More info here. I don't think it's a Wasatch Front or Utah thing:

https://www.lds.org/new-era/2013/03/proms-to-be-proud-of?lang=eng

"It's men in shorts." -- Rick Majerus

Diehard Ute
04-17-2016, 04:28 PM
There's no such thing in Utah.

No need because the schools often choose to embarrass kids by selectively enforcing dress codes

LA Ute
04-17-2016, 10:42 PM
There's no such thing in Utah.

No need because the schools often choose to embarrass kids by selectively enforcing dress codes

I meant that they don't do such proms in areas where there are lots of Mormons. But you're right, the dress code antics at some Utah schools are epic.

"It's men in shorts." -- Rick Majerus

mUUser
04-18-2016, 02:02 PM

Yes, LDS kids participate in lieu of the school prom. My kids have never participated so I don't have any direct experience with it, only through invitations and word of mouth stories.

What got me thinking about it, is our move date to Utah draws nearer and nearer, and as such people are eager to teach me about all the changes since we left 25 years ago. Outside of the normal mormon/anti-mormon stuff I expected, there's other things.....for example, apparently the campus hosts some great food trucks for lunch, the hiking/cycling/running trails have expanded tremendously, and here's an interesting one......I guess the moms like to dress like their teenage daughters -- hey, it's just what I was told.

concerned
04-18-2016, 02:03 PM
Yes, LDS kids participate in lieu of the school prom. My kids have never participated so I don't have any direct experience with it, only through invitations and word of mouth stories.

What got me thinking about it, is our move date to Utah draws nearer and nearer, and as such people are eager to teach me about all the changes since we left 25 years ago. Outside of the normal mormon/anti-mormon stuff I expected, there's other things.....for example, apparently the campus hosts some great food trucks for lunch, the hiking/cycling/running trails have expanded tremendously, and here's an interesting one......I guess the moms like to dress like their teenage daughters -- hey, it's just what I was told.

Do LDS kids not go to their school prom? Why not? Where are you?

mUUser
04-18-2016, 02:25 PM
We currently live in the south, but, have also seen it in TX, PA and NE. A lot of LDS kids skip the actual prom. I'm not sure why they don't go to the prom. I understand why they don't go to the after prom parties......typically lots of drinking. In our area, kids will rent a lake house for 2 or 3 days and make a weekend out of it.

Prom is different region by region, and was just curious how the Utah prom operated.

concerned
04-18-2016, 02:28 PM
We currently live in the south, but, have also seen it in TX, PA and NE. A lot of LDS kids skip the actual prom. I'm not sure why they don't go to the prom. I understand why they don't go to the after prom parties......typically lots of drinking. In our area, kids will rent a lake house for 2 or 3 days and make a weekend out of it.

Prom is different region by region, and was just curious how the Utah prom operated.

In SLC, all kids go to the school proms and at least the more wholesome after parties. In my son's jr. prom two weeks ago, they all went bowling at an all-night bowling alley. I am sure there are parties where drugs and alchohol are consumed.

Two Utes
04-18-2016, 02:33 PM
In SLC, all kids go to the school proms and at least the more wholesome after parties. In my son's jr. prom two weeks ago, they all went bowling at an all-night bowling alley. I am sure there are parties where drugs and alchohol are consumed.

This is how it operates for my kids as well. Laser tag, gymnastic jumping stuff or something else after the prom. They go in big groups.

U-Ute
04-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Crazy random story.

TL;DR: 35 years ago a pediatrician worked around the clock to save a 3.2 pound prematurely born baby. Fast forward to 2015, the child grows up to be a firefighter/paramedic and saves the doctor from a burning car wreck.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doctor-saves-babys-life-30-years-later-the-115315203962.html

Diehard Ute
04-18-2016, 03:48 PM

Food Trucks have exploded in Salt Lake. Health department can't even keep up with applications. There's a 6 month to year wait just to get the initial inspection.

Some are really good. The U has some of them do food at football and basketball now

Rocker Ute
04-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Food Trucks have exploded in Salt Lake. Health department can't even keep up with applications. There's a 6 month to year wait just to get the initial inspection.

Some are really good. The U has some of them do food at football and basketball now

Utah has a weird Food Truck and BBQ Joint obsession. I think we might have more of both types of business per capita than any other like city. Unfortunately the vast majority of the BBQ joints aren't really that good.

While we are talking about an inordinate amount of something... people out exercising, particularly cyclists at any given time in SLC. I'm not a world traveler, but observation would indicate that Utah might be one of the most active states in the nation in that regard. Along with that now is I see a lot of people running in the middle of the night. Lots of cyclists now at night too, but that is mostly just hipster single-speed dudes.

Finally, Audis. That seems to be the official car of the east bench.

Two Utes
04-18-2016, 04:18 PM
Utah has a weird Food Truck and BBQ Joint obsession. I think we might have more of both types of business per capita than any other like city. Unfortunately the vast majority of the BBQ joints aren't really that good.

While we are talking about an inordinate amount of something... people out exercising, particularly cyclists at any given time in SLC. I'm not a world traveler, but observation would indicate that Utah might be one of the most active states in the nation in that regard. Along with that now is I see a lot of people running in the middle of the night. Lots of cyclists now at night too, but that is mostly just hipster single-speed dudes.

You come to Utah for two reasons only. Mormon connections and outdoor recreation.

concerned
04-18-2016, 04:29 PM

I got an audi b/c awd was standard. Hated going up and down the hill between 11th and 13th east in the winter.

Rocker Ute
04-18-2016, 04:47 PM
I got an audi b/c awd was standard. Hated going up and down the hill between 11th and 13th east in the winter.

I'm not criticizing Audis, I actually really like them, but they are WAY popular here.

Rocker Ute
04-18-2016, 04:51 PM
You come to Utah for two reasons only. Mormon connections and outdoor recreation.

Which, when you think about it, is one and possibly two reasons more than most places in the US.

Scratch
04-18-2016, 05:19 PM
I'm not criticizing Audis, I actually really like them, but they are WAY popular here.

It seemed like in my neighborhood growing up you could always tell how well off they were depending on whether their AWD car of choice was an Audi or a Subaru. My family owned Subarus.

LA Ute
04-18-2016, 05:25 PM
Add Wisconsin to the list. It was a big deal there. The kids there told me they didn't go to regular prom because (1) they didn't feel comfortable with the kind of dancing going on and (2) they felt like regular prom came with an implicit agreement to have sex with your date.

I haven't heard about it in CO.

I don't like mormon prom. If you are going to take a stand against regular prom, just skip it altogether.

My sons never went. My daughter went twice, then seemed to kind of outgrow it. Around here, if your church buddies are going to the LDS prom, then you go. But as high schoolers get farther along and become juniors and seniors they seem to break away with their own school friends and do things with them.

mpfunk
04-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Isn't Portland the food truck capital of the US?

Based on my experience in the two states, I think CO beats Utah on per capita cyclists.

Portland has a big food cart scene, not food trucks.

There are some really good food carts in Portland, although a few of the food cart areas may give way to development soon.

LA Ute
05-14-2016, 09:46 PM
I do not wish to defame an entire generation, but this is funny.

https://www.facebook.com/BestOfInstaAndVineVideos/videos/264217210591361/

Note: I'm a baby boomer and we haven't exactly covered ourselves in glory either. All generations have their laughable idiosyncrasies. And of course, we are generalizing when we talk about generations. None are monolithic.

mUUser
05-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Second daughter graduated from HS today. Here are some random thoughts.....

About a thousand kids in her graduating class
Both the Salutatorian and Valedictorian are Indian descent -- over 4.5 gpa's.
Over $12mm in scholarships awarded to the class
School won 10 state championships this year, including a clean sweep of M & W soccer and softball yesterday. In the 8 years we've lived in this HS district, they've probably won around 60 state championships. I can't imagine a more accomplished HS athletic program in the country.
Mine will be a Ute, but, schools from coast to coast, including all three service academies are represented. Foreign schools were represented as well.
I don't remember a single thing from my graduation over 30 years ago, and it isn't because I partied. Too much time has passed.
Each year graduation parties and senior trips get more and more elaborate.
One more kid to go........

Overall, a good day.

concerned
05-21-2016, 02:25 PM
so where do you live?

Dwight Schr-Ute
05-21-2016, 03:44 PM
so where do you live?

Tooele.

Diehard Ute
05-21-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm always a bit confused by the way today's schools do things. I hear about all these new GPA systems that go higher than 4.0

Then I know several people with kids who are constantly given opportunities to get "extra credit" from field trips to watching movies etc etc

Things have changed a lot in the 21 years since I graduated.

chrisrenrut
07-05-2016, 11:41 PM
The bumper stickers on this car had us confused and laughing.

If you can't read the small sticker, it says " Guns don't kill people, people with mustaches kill people."

Sullyute
07-06-2016, 10:29 AM
The bumper stickers on this car had us confused and laughing.

If you can't read the small sticker, it says " Guns don't kill people, people with mustaches kill people."

Plus they heart unicorns!

Diehard Ute
07-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Plus they heart unicorns!

They're after Deadpool's heart

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160706/2e5e3887e4217374424f6edef5eb12b6.jpg

chrisrenrut
07-12-2016, 03:58 PM
My smartphone typing habits are annoyingly making their way into my subconscious. I keep trying to hit the spacebar on my keyboard twice to add a period at the end of a sentence.

Scorcho
07-13-2016, 11:53 PM
my FIL called me tonight he was distraught and emotional. We had some plans this weekend that he had to cancel. He had a drowning death on his ranch this afternoon (distant relative)

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40646432&nid=148&title=man-20-drowns-while-swimming-in-hurricane-pond-police-say

Ugh, About 5 years ago, my FIL found a fresh spring on his property and did a ton of development to make a small swimming pool/pond.

LA Ute
07-18-2016, 09:45 AM
This was nice:

Tom Wharton: Here’s one Utah Catholic who proudly celebrates Pioneer Day (http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/4113205-155/tom-wharton-heres-one-utah-catholic)
I'd be just as happy to see similar sentiment going from a Mormon to the Catholic community. (Maybe happier.) From afar, the division in the community there in Utah saddens me.

sancho
07-18-2016, 09:59 AM
This was nice:

Tom Wharton: Here’s one Utah Catholic who proudly celebrates Pioneer Day (http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/4113205-155/tom-wharton-heres-one-utah-catholic)

I think the state or the church or whoever has done a poor job with Pioneer day. It could be so inclusive. I'm still ticked that Miss Pioneer Day, or whatever she's called, must have a Mormon pioneer ancestor. Just dumb.

LA Ute
07-18-2016, 11:04 AM
I think the state or the church or whoever has done a poor job with Pioneer day. It could be so inclusive. I'm still ticked that Miss Pioneer Day, or whatever she's called, must have a Mormon pioneer ancestor. Just dumb.

Didn't know that. Yes, dumb. The pioneers did not have pioneer ancestors. A first generation Utahn is a pioneer too. So are many others with no pioneer pedigree.

Edit: You can celebrate someone's bravery and contributions without being related to them.

mUUser
07-18-2016, 11:14 AM
......Just dumb.

The dumbest activity that the church promotes is the Pioneer Trek. With all the social pitfalls LDS kids have to navigate, this one has to be the goofiest.....dressing in 19th century clothes, pulling handcarts over miles of terrain in dangerous heat, limited water, girl pulls, Ma n Pa etc...etc....

Only one of my three kids has done this activity, and she never forgave my wife for those 3 days of hell.

I wonder how something like this catches on so quickly throughout the church. It's prima facie weird.

Rocker Ute
07-18-2016, 12:29 PM
We were just walking back from lunch. There is a homeless guy on the corner in a wheelchair with a sign that says, "Paralyzed in Iraq... please help." He is there pretty frequently.

As we approach him I'm not sure exactly what happened but a bee or something must have flown on him because he jumped out of his wheelchair and started swatting around his head.

So I'm not sure if I witnessed a miracle or a scam.

Dwight Schr-Ute
07-18-2016, 01:27 PM
The dumbest activity that the church promotes is the Pioneer Trek. With all the social pitfalls LDS kids have to navigate, this one has to be the goofiest.....dressing in 19th century clothes, pulling handcarts over miles of terrain in dangerous heat, limited water, girl pulls, Ma n Pa etc...etc....

Only one of my three kids has done this activity, and she never forgave my wife for those 3 days of hell.

I wonder how something like this catches on so quickly throughout the church. It's prima facie weird.

Zealotry.

We were just walking back from lunch. There is a homeless guy on the corner in a wheelchair with a sign that says, "Paralyzed in Iraq... please help." He is there pretty frequently.

As we approach him I'm not sure exactly what happened but a bee or something must have flown on him because he jumped out of his wheelchair and started swatting around his head.

So I'm not sure if I witnessed a miracle or a scam.

I hope you gave him a hug.

Rocker Ute
07-18-2016, 01:34 PM
I hope you gave him a hug.

I give everyone I meet a hug. I feel like denying someone a hug from me might in fact be damaging to them in the future and I just can't live with that kind of guilt.

sancho
07-18-2016, 03:34 PM

Amen. I've been on an anti-trek crusade for years. My stake does one every 4 years. I am hoping they will replace it with something by the time my kids are 12.

I live in Colorado. One of the great mountain destinations. There are a million great hikes/lakes for the YM/YW here. Why in the world should we be dragging them up to the dead of Wyoming for a bizarre dress-up march? The leaders say "if you could only hear the testimony meeting at the end..." Bull. There are great testimony meetings at the end of all youth conferences. You don't need to do this in order to appreciate the pioneers! The pioneers were amazing. I have no pioneer ancestry, but I love the stories and examples. I have never been on a trek but somehow still managed to develop this appreciation. Trek is dumb and a little insulting to the actual pioneers whose hardships were not a fabrication.

Dwight Schr-Ute
07-18-2016, 04:12 PM
Amen. I've been on an anti-trek crusade for years. My stake does one every 4 years. I am hoping they will replace it with something by the time my kids are 12.

I live in Colorado. One of the great mountain destinations. There are a million great hikes/lakes for the YM/YW here. Why in the world should we be dragging them up to the dead of Wyoming for a bizarre dress-up march? The leaders say "if you could only hear the testimony meeting at the end..." Bull. There are great testimony meetings at the end of all youth conferences. You don't need to do this in order to appreciate the pioneers! The pioneers were amazing. I have no pioneer ancestry, but I love the stories and examples. I have never been on a trek but somehow still managed to develop this appreciation. Trek is dumb and a little insulting to the actual pioneers whose hardships were not a fabrication.

I was in the foyer this last Fast Sunday with the ward following ours having Sacrament meeting. I hadn't been paying attention to the sound coming out of the speaker until the testimony started loudly from an obvious YW (who had been at camp all week), "First of all, I want to say how unfair it is to just call on someone out of the audience and make them come up without ANY warning to have them bear their testimony. I just want to let everyone know that I haven't had any time to think about what I'm going to say, so this probably isn't going to be very good..."

Nice job taking the Bishop to task for making last minute testimony assignments.

Diehard Ute
07-18-2016, 04:29 PM
The fact that the parade committee won't let Mormon's Building Bridges be in the parade pretty much says it all.

Rocker Ute
07-18-2016, 04:31 PM
The fact that the parade committee won't let Mormon's Building Bridges be in the parade pretty much says it all.

They won't let them in, but the Mormons Digging Tunnels has free reign on the place.

Dwight Schr-Ute
07-18-2016, 04:48 PM
They won't let them in, but the Mormons Digging Tunnels has free reign on the place.

They have to share with the up and coming group, Mormons Building Malls.

Sullyute
07-18-2016, 07:52 PM
They have to share with the up and coming group, Mormons Building Malls.

:rofl:

Scorcho
07-21-2016, 03:23 PM
Is Utefans.net dead? I was worried about tha site once Chris got ill.

Riot West
07-21-2016, 03:37 PM

If only we had clicked more of those terrible forced redirects it would still be alive.

Dwight Schr-Ute
07-21-2016, 05:51 PM

Hasn't uf.n been dead for more than a year now?

mUUser
07-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Is Utefans.net dead?.....

Oh boy, brace yourself kids.

LA Ute
07-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Oh boy, brace yourself kids.

They'll go to the Facebook page or Ute Hub before they come here. This place attracts a different kind of fan.

Dwight Schr-Ute
07-21-2016, 07:44 PM
They'll go to the Facebook page or Ute Hub before they come here. This place attracts a different kind of fan.

The Ute Nation admins had a long conversation this afternoon about just burning the place down. Maybe an every other week discussion during the off season. I still have small children, so I think that provides me with more patience than the others.

LA Ute
07-21-2016, 10:52 PM
The Ute Nation admins had a long conversation this afternoon about just burning the place down. Maybe an every other week discussion during the off season. I still have small children, so I think that provides me with more patience than the others.

How would Ute Nation burn down UF.net?

Diehard Ute
07-22-2016, 12:42 AM
Aww Ute2004 doesn't like us, he called us a bunch of jerks.

(UteFans is back btw)

Rocker Ute
07-22-2016, 08:22 AM
We are a bunch of jerks, that's what makes us so great.

Ufn is a reflection of society as a whole I'm thinking. You've got a general trending towards stupidity with people going to extreme positions both ways. The people in the middle feel marginalized and wondering what in the world happened.

LA Ute
07-22-2016, 08:45 AM
We are a bunch of jerks, that's what makes us so great.

Ufn is a reflection of society as a whole I'm thinking. You've got a general trending towards stupidity with people going to extreme positions both ways. The people in the middle feel marginalized and wondering what in the world happened.

We all may be jerks but we have style.

chrisrenrut
07-22-2016, 09:11 AM
Like Burger King, I go there about once a year, and am almost instantly reminded why I stay away. So glad the Bruh's put the site in a bowl of rice to get it back online.

Sullyute
07-22-2016, 03:01 PM
Spent last night at the ER passing a kidney stone. Not fun.

Diehard Ute
07-22-2016, 03:07 PM

At least you have more of a passing game than the football team has shown in the last couple years

LA Ute
07-22-2016, 03:36 PM

Ouch. Sorry, bro. Hope you're feeling better already.

chrisrenrut
07-22-2016, 09:41 PM

Hopefully urine a lot less pain now.

NorthwestUteFan
07-24-2016, 11:00 AM

I had a triathlete friend who had 6 kids, 4 without any pain meds at all.

Then she had kidney stones.

In her estimation, natural childbirth including an episiotomy and without an epidural rated a 4 on the pain scale, with kidney stones rating a solid 10.

I hope you are free and clear from now on!

Sullyute
07-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Lol at everyone's comments. Doing fine now. People in the waiting room were all staring at me as i was shaking with pain in my chair waiting to get taken back. I am pretty sure they all thought i was having drug withdraws or some psychotic episode. It is funny to think about it now but it hurt like the dickens at the time.

LA Ute
08-13-2016, 10:07 PM
A Major Earthquake in the Pacific Northwest Looks Even Likelier

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/a-major-earthquake-in-the-pacific-northwest-just-got-more-likely/495407/

Watch out, SU.

U-Ute
08-15-2016, 09:27 AM
A Major Earthquake in the Pacific Northwest Looks Even Likelier

http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/a-major-earthquake-in-the-pacific-northwest-just-got-more-likely/495407/

Watch out, SU.

The more you stray from The Way the more likely you are to be struck down.

NorthwestUteFan
08-15-2016, 09:48 AM
Lucky that article is only talking about Portland.

Scratch
08-22-2016, 12:07 PM
I just got an email with the subject line "Kirstie Alley and Solar Eclipse are Trending on Facebook." There's a really funny and moderately offensive joke in there somewhere.

chrisrenrut
08-25-2016, 10:48 PM
Idaho Falls reporter, and I guess conservative radio talk show host writes an article criticizing Niel Tyson De Grasse. NTDG writes an awesome rebuttal in the comments.

http://magicvalley.com/news/opinion/columns/larson-neil-degrasse-tyson-is-a-horse-s-astrophysicist/article_ac14771d-2f5d-59ea-b6d1-73679deed140.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=email&utm_campaign=user-share

NorthwestUteFan
08-25-2016, 11:03 PM
That was an amazing mic drop by NDT. I loved that.

The article writer (apparently local Conservative talk show host) comes off as a complete rube, without a single objective thought rattling around in his noggin.

LA Ute
09-19-2016, 10:21 AM

Utah
09-28-2016, 01:04 PM
Going to Philly tomorrow for the first time, and this is what I get:

It rains more in Philly than in the northwest. It usually rains all morning, then the afternoons clear up, then come nightfall, it rains again.

NorthwestUteFan
09-28-2016, 02:59 PM
I used to get twice as much rain when I lived on Boston than we get here in Seattle (measured in total rainfall per year). We do have more 'rainy' days, but usually those days have minimal measurable rainfall.

Applejack
09-28-2016, 03:01 PM

How long are you in Philly? Swing down to dc if you have time.

U-Ute
09-29-2016, 07:38 AM
Johnsonville had started a "Sausage hotline" for all of your sausage related emergencies.

https://www.fastcocreate.com/3064148/quick-hit/johnsonville-now-has-a-real-hotline-for-all-your-sausage-related-emergencies

Sullyute
09-29-2016, 07:03 PM

Make sure you check out the Reading Terminal Market. Super fun.

It has actually been pretty dry in the philly area for the last two months. The rain is needed.

U-Ute
10-01-2016, 07:56 AM
This 124 year old patent settles the "over vs under" debate once and for all.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161001/63beeecc2e5408d4bf5fc41067dff605.jpg

Rocker Ute
10-01-2016, 08:38 AM
This 124 year old patent settles the "over vs under" debate once and for all.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161001/63beeecc2e5408d4bf5fc41067dff605.jpg

Unless in this image you are standing behind the roll.

U-Ute
10-02-2016, 08:54 AM
I hope in the future this kid uses his super powers for good and not evil.

http://simplecapacity.com/2016/08/child-new-human-race-living-china/

U-Ute
10-12-2016, 01:44 PM
I tried to type "Jesus" into my phone and it autocorrected it to "Jewish".

Conspiracy?

Diehard Ute
10-12-2016, 01:49 PM

Conspiracy?

No, your phone just didn't know which one of the millions of "Jesus'" in the world you wanted.

LA Ute
10-12-2016, 04:15 PM

Conspiracy?

It's Yom Kippur today. That must be it.

concerned
10-12-2016, 04:27 PM

Conspiracy?

or Act of God.

U-Ute
11-02-2016, 09:43 PM
We're doomed.

LA Ute
11-03-2016, 12:03 PM
We're doomed.

Well, that scenario was all set up last night. I was beginning to worry.

concerned
11-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Well, that scenario was all set up last night. I was beginning to worry.

I have come to the conclusion that Theo Epstein is God. He averted the apocalypse, after ordering the rain delay to enable the Cubs to regain their composure.

LA Ute
11-03-2016, 01:07 PM
I have come to the conclusion that Theo Epstein is God. He averted the apocalypse, after ordering the rain delay to enable the Cubs to regain their composure.

One Indians fan I know blames the rain delay for the loss. I felt a little embarrassed for him.

concerned
11-03-2016, 01:09 PM
One Indians fan I know blames the rain delay for the loss. I felt a little embarrassed for him.

i heard both Bob Costas and Dan Patrick say this morning that the delay benefitted the Cubs by enabling them to regroup and muting the Indians momentum (if there is such a thing as momentum in baseball).

LA Ute
11-03-2016, 01:25 PM
i heard both Bob Costas and Dan Patrick say this morning that the delay benefitted the Cubs by enabling them to regroup and muting the Indians momentum (if there is such a thing as momentum in baseball).

Color me unconvinced. After the rain the Indians still managed to get within one run with two men on base in the bottom of the 10th. Man! What an exciting World Series finish!

sancho
11-10-2016, 07:02 PM
So our old TV finally broke, and I am now the proud, first-time owner of one of these newfangled "high def" televisions.

I set it up, and the picture is not as great as the high def TV's I have seen at other people's homes. Any hints on how to get the settings right? I bought the cheapest 40 inch TV at Best Buy; maybe it's just a cheap TV. There are about a million different things to play around with in the settings, though, and I wonder if there are good ways of finding the right combination.

chrisrenrut
11-10-2016, 07:33 PM
So our old TV finally broke, and I am now the proud, first-time owner of one of these newfangled "high def" televisions.

I set it up, and the picture is not as great as the high def TV's I have seen at other people's homes. Any hints on how to get the settings right? I bought the cheapest 40 inch TV at Best Buy; maybe it's just a cheap TV. There are about a million different things to play around with in the settings, though, and I wonder if there are good ways of finding the right combination.

Is your source broadcasting in HD? Most services require added fees and/or equipment to display HD quality picture.

sancho
11-10-2016, 11:32 PM
Is your source broadcasting in HD? Most services require added fees and/or equipment to display HD quality picture.

Yeah. When I tried to hook the TV up, I realized it had mostly HDMI inputs. I had to exchange my old cable box for one with an HDMI output, which means I have to pay $10/month for HD.

I am waiting/hoping on high speed internet around here, so I can try Sling.

U-Ute
11-13-2016, 02:06 PM
The TV will adjust to data coming in, so make sure your box is set to 1080p output.

sancho
11-13-2016, 02:16 PM
The TV will adjust to data coming in, so make sure your box is set to 1080p output.

Thanks. I read a few people saying I should mess with the box's settings. I have not idea how to adjust settings on the box. I'm like an old guy trying to send email for the first time.

Anyway, I discovered that there are separate HD channels. Channel 34 is low-def ESPN. Channel six hundred something is hi-def ESPN. Why do they give me both? I don't know, but that discovery made the picture look good.

chrisrenrut
11-13-2016, 02:33 PM
Thanks. I read a few people saying I should mess with the box's settings. I have not idea how to adjust settings on the box. I'm like an old guy trying to send email for the first time.

Anyway, I discovered that there are separate HD channels. Channel 34 is low-def ESPN. Channel six hundred something is hi-def ESPN. Why do they give me both? I don't know, but that discovery made the picture look good.

The box may have a setting to default to the HD channel. So if you select channel 34, it will automatically switch you to the HD version of the channel.

Brian
11-23-2016, 10:31 AM
Stole this from a meeting I attended last week.
I think it looks nice on my office desk.

U-Ute
11-30-2016, 06:04 PM
A Christmas gift idea for that person who really does have everything.

https://www.amazon.com/AleHorn-Handcrafted-Drinking-Horn-Tankard/dp/B00UIJ2E9S/ref=gbph_tit_m-4_8fa9_5d727940?smid=A2QN56N73Y4BFT&pf_rd_p=3501b8ca-6667-48d7-8d90-0e05328b8fa9&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=5550342011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=QY2YT559T4X3PPAGJJMX

LA Ute
12-04-2016, 08:46 AM
Steve Tate's little boy Hayes has passed away. I admire the way the Tates have handled this heart-breaking situation.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNlki-phZW4/

Sullyute
12-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Dang that sucks. Tates seem like really good people.

Rocker Ute
12-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Very sad for the Tate family.

U-Ute
12-05-2016, 01:20 PM
It was heartbreaking to see the Tate and Mahe family trading tweets over the weekend. Both situations are just horrible. I hope they can help each other get out of it a bit.

LA Ute
12-20-2016, 09:51 AM
For those who are having trouble with their space bar, I stumbled on a workaround. Just hit "enter" after the first word you type and the problem goes away. (You do have to hit the backspace key to put the sentence back together. Small price to pay.) This is quicker than the "go advanced" option.

U-Ute
12-30-2016, 03:36 PM
So, they're selling this in the Smith's near my house

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161230/b1764fb98bb18aa9206872faaa158d00.jpg

LA Ute
01-01-2017, 10:56 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170101/082c189b9dc09cdb3ede0addd6914235.jpg

Happy New Year to all my Ub5 peeps!

Scorcho
01-01-2017, 02:25 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170101/082c189b9dc09cdb3ede0addd6914235.jpg

Happy New Year to all my Ub5 peeps!

I resolve to post more frequently with more substance :)

LA Ute
01-01-2017, 07:23 PM
scorcho has given me an idea. Let's post our Ub5 new year's resolutions for 2017. Mine is to strive to be less irritating to SU.

Rocker Ute
01-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Watch more TV and share my opinion more.

LA Ute
01-02-2017, 05:11 PM
I laugh every time I watch this.

https://www.facebook.com/CondeNastTraveler/videos/10154921267663982/

Sullyute
01-04-2017, 08:30 PM
I have a three year old daughter that is obsessed with the word poo. She cannot say two sentences without the word poo appearing in one of them. All her made up jokes involve poo. She sings songs about poo.

My wife was in the grocery store with her today and an older lady stopped and said to my daughter, "that is a lovely jacket you have on." My daughter looked her square in the eye and said,"poo!" The lady wasn't sure she heard her right and said, "what was that ?" And my daughter just said, "pooooooooo." The lady just responded with "oh," and walked away. My wife wasn't happy but I can't stop laughing about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

U-Ute
01-05-2017, 10:45 AM
I laugh every time I watch this.

https://www.facebook.com/CondeNastTraveler/videos/10154921267663982/

That's awesome. I laugh harder every time I see it.

Much like this one:

m21cKmOAcTY

LA Ute
01-05-2017, 11:19 AM
That's awesome. I laugh harder every time I see it.

Much like this one:

m21cKmOAcTY

:rofl: That used to happen to me often when I was a young lawyer.

Dwight Schr-Ute
01-05-2017, 11:59 AM
I'm at a fisheries biologist conference in the lovely destination of Laughlin, NV. This is the coffee mug of the genius sitting next to me. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170105/2f54300e535154f6b6b3d2979038e20e.jpg

Diehard Ute
01-05-2017, 12:11 PM
I'm at a fisheries biologist conference in the lovely destination of Laughlin, NV. This is the coffee mug of the genius sitting next to me. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170105/2f54300e535154f6b6b3d2979038e20e.jpg

A fisheries biologist conference in the driest state in the US. Makes sense.

LA Ute
01-05-2017, 02:13 PM

I spent a lot of time in Laughlin working with a client. I recall a place where the average age was about 75, and most people wore polyester leisure suits and white patent leather shoes. About 20% were wheeling oxygen tanks around with them.

U-Ute
01-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Here's a blast from the past.

http://web.archive.org/web/20001214232600/http://www.utefans.net/webboard/index.cgi

Dwight Schr-Ute
01-05-2017, 04:11 PM

http://web.archive.org/web/20001214232600/http://www.utefans.net/webboard/index.cgi

Ha. Way back when we had to explain what an Internet troll was.

Dwight Schr-Ute
01-05-2017, 04:13 PM
A fisheries biologist conference in the driest state in the US. Makes sense.

Just the largest reservoir and second largest river in the country. Also, the focus is on endangered desert fishes, so that helps.

Diehard Ute
01-05-2017, 04:28 PM
Just the largest reservoir and second largest river in the country. Also, the focus is on endangered desert fishes, so that helps.

Lake Belagio doesn't count ;)

Rocker Ute
01-05-2017, 04:47 PM

Here is a Mensa word cloud they have on their site (no I'm not kidding). You can share it with your new friend to show him that you really care.

http://www.mensa.org/sites/default/files/Mensa1Word_individuality.jpg

LA Ute
01-05-2017, 04:55 PM

Wow. I remember a lot of those names.

chrisrenrut
01-23-2017, 09:58 AM
The new NOAA weather satellite, GOES-16 is sending it's first pictures. Pretty awesome stuff.

WaPo article discussing the new satellite:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/01/23/the-first-images-from-goes-r-have-come-in-and-theyre-absolutely-incredible/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_cwg-satellite-1116am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.bc62494bcd2a

Gallery of images received from GOES-16:
http://www.goes-r.gov/multimedia/goes-16DataAndImagery.html

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/681/32440453126_c30250ddc2_b.jpg

NorthwestUteFan
01-23-2017, 10:32 AM
That picture is fantastic. Is that the satellite launched by the AtlasV last week?

Sullyute
01-23-2017, 10:47 AM
That picture is fantastic. Is that the satellite launched by the AtlasV last week?

Nope. It was sent up in November 2016

U-Ute
01-23-2017, 12:35 PM
If you zoom in a little bit, you can see LA Ute's house.

LA Ute
01-23-2017, 09:18 PM
If you zoom in a little bit, you can see LA Ute's house.

It's the one with the chimney.

mUUser
05-02-2017, 07:52 PM
I didn't realize Kearns High School had such a sweet view of downtown & The U. And their baseball field....oh my.

Sullyute
05-12-2017, 10:04 AM
I was just listening to a podcast "hidden brain" where they are talking about big data and how banks are using the specific words you use in loan applications to help them determine the loan approval (what have bankers been doing before then?).

If you use the word "god" in the application, you are 2.2 times more likely to default on the loan. So unless you are starting a church, refrain from referring to your deity on a loan application.

SheeeeeUTE
05-12-2017, 12:22 PM
I was just listening to a podcast "hidden brain" where they are talking about big data and how banks are using the specific words you use in loan applications to help them determine the loan approval (what have bankers been doing before then?).

If you use the word "god" in the application, you are 2.2 times more likely to default on the loan. So unless you are starting a church, refrain from referring to your deity on a loan application.

I can tell you that this is not the case on mortgage loans, at least on conventional, FHA, VA or USDA loans. There is no place to insert "words" other than your name. So if your name is God i guess you're screwed. :)

U-Ute
05-31-2017, 10:46 AM
How do you forget about a car?

Sullyute
05-31-2017, 11:03 AM
You get deported, put in jail,or buried in the west desert

Rocker Ute
05-31-2017, 11:12 AM
How do you forget about a car?

What is the background on this?

Somewhat related but when we moved into our house a couple of days later a very nice Tahoe was parked directly across the street from our driveway in front of our elderly neighbors. It was kind of a pain where it was parked but we didn't say anything about it, assuming it was our neighbor's car. It sat there for about 4 months unmoved. Finally one day there was a cop car and a tow truck hauling it away. A cop driving through checking plates discovered it was stolen.

About 4 months previously someone had stolen the car a couple of miles away and ditched it there. No damage to it or anything. The timing of such with our move in had our elderly neighbors thinking it was our car and we thought it was there car and so nobody reported it.

U-Ute
05-31-2017, 11:13 AM
What is the background on this?

Somewhat related but when we moved into our house a couple of days later a very nice Tahoe was parked directly across the street from our driveway in front of our elderly neighbors. It was kind of a pain where it was parked but we didn't say anything about it, assuming it was our neighbor's car. It sat there for about 4 months unmoved. Finally one day there was a cop car and a tow truck hauling it away. A cop driving through checking plates discovered it was stolen.

About 4 months previously someone had stolen the car a couple of miles away and ditched it there. No damage to it or anything. The timing of such with our move in had our elderly neighbors thinking it was our car and we thought it was there car and so nobody reported it.

It is parked in someone's parking garage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/6eepqp/suburban_in_my_work_parking_garage/?st=j3d93lv9&sh=8896f315

Dwight Schr-Ute
06-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Stupid bird survey season.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170607/91abad0f3280fe82287a62d13cd29890.jpg

Sullyute
06-07-2017, 04:33 AM
Early bird catches the... bird.

Dwight Schr-Ute
06-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Early bird catches the... bird.

So far, just the sunrise.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170607/f3ea7354a2dafcc6dee51c4f44d1155b.jpg

sancho
06-16-2017, 11:42 AM
Genetics is intractable:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/06/its-like-all-connected-man/530532/?utm_source=atltw

I'm not geneticist, but I've believed this omnigenetics model forever. My high school science teacher told me that blue eyes are recessive and brown are dominant. I looked at my Punnet square, looked around me, and knew it was way more complicated than he was letting on.

Sullyute
06-16-2017, 12:44 PM
Genetics is intractable:

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/06/its-like-all-connected-man/530532/?utm_source=atltw

I'm not geneticist, but I've believed this omnigenetics model forever. My high school science teacher told me that blue eyes are recessive and brown are dominant. I looked at my Punnet square, looked around me, and knew it was way more complicated than he was letting on.

My wife has blue eyes and mine are brown. All four of our kids have blue eyes. My wife has some strong genes.

LA Ute
06-16-2017, 05:43 PM
21st century issues:

Women-only ‘full nudity’ spa’s ‘no male genitals’ rule ignites transgender debate

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/toronto/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/toronto/women-only-full-nudity-spas-no-male-genitals-rule-ignites-transgender-debate

U-Ute
06-18-2017, 08:07 AM
Wut

Rocker Ute
06-19-2017, 08:25 AM
Wut

Was that a Russian production of West Side Story?

LA Ute
07-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Happy Independence Day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CILIBlQ2D0Q

LA Ute
07-04-2017, 01:33 PM
A fine reading of the Declaration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETroXvRFoKY

U-Ute
07-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Ouch.

Dwight Schr-Ute
07-12-2017, 02:10 PM
Ouch.

Excuse my ignorance, but isn't that the whole point of Snap Chat? It's becoming too difficult to decipher between dumb and fake.

U-Ute
07-12-2017, 04:25 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but isn't that the whole point of Snap Chat? It's becoming too difficult to decipher between dumb and fake.

Yep. Apparently this person wasn't aware of that.

sancho
08-07-2017, 10:09 AM
Smart phone bad:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/

mUUser
08-08-2017, 11:20 AM
What do you make of this? Summit County demolition derby........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LOWBpOuuQ

mUUser
08-09-2017, 01:00 PM
What do you make of this? Summit County demolition derby........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LOWBpOuuQ

And singer feels embarrassed by performance, meant no harm, and issues honest, heartfelt apology. Taking responsibility for a difficult situation....something we don't often see. Good on her......

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45335673&nid=148

Sullyute
08-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Dang, it sounded like she was three sheets to the wind.

U-Ute
08-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Smart phone bad:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/has-the-smartphone-destroyed-a-generation/534198/

An interesting read. We've indulged my own children a bit much on the smart phone/tablet front, and we always tried to balance that out by making it a requirement that they have extra-curricular activities. That's how we justify it to a certain extent by saying that they'll need a phone to be able to get ahold of us should problems arise at practice, etc., and if they don't do things, they don't need the phone.

I think it seems to be working, but it is a battle to occupy them with something other than Minecraft YouTube videos.

sancho
08-14-2017, 11:00 AM
battle to occupy them with something other than Minecraft YouTube videos.

Then you are winning. There are far worse things for them to waste their time on.

The article discusses the smart phone/depression link and seems to put the blame on social media. I think pornography is playing a role too, though.

U-Ute
08-14-2017, 11:19 AM
Then you are winning. There are far worse things for them to waste their time on.

The article discusses the smart phone/depression link and seems to put the blame on social media. I think pornography is playing a role too, though.

They aren't really to the age where pornography is an issue yet. My oldest boy is 12.

I think the biggest problem is the social pressures of "trying to keep up with the Jonses" when looking at FB and Instagram. You see all of the great things everyone else is doing and has and you don't see anything negative (other than the occasional passive aggressive "OMG NOT AGAIN!" type things on FB).

As one person described it: "You're comparing your every day life to someone else's highlight reel".

I am proud of my oldest, who is my only girl. Girls have unique peer pressures that I think are magnified by social media. She's 19 and seems very well adjusted and happy and she had a cell phone starting in the 8th grade because of all the dance she was doing. Although, I don't think got a real smart phone until sometime in high school.

Rocker Ute
08-14-2017, 01:21 PM
A stat I think a lot of us don't understand is the average age a child is exposed to pornography is 11. A judge in my neighborhood told me that he has seen instances of children as low a 9yo who are dealing with pornography issues (he isn't LDS btw).

Of course he is dealing with troubled kids etc, but the point being that in my opinion it is never to early to be carefully monitoring what your kids are doing online. (Not saying you aren't). I meet a lot of parents who believe that porn is more of an older teen issue.

U-Ute
08-14-2017, 02:26 PM
A stat I think a lot of us don't understand is the average age a child is exposed to pornography is 11. A judge in my neighborhood told me that he has seen instances of children as low a 9yo who are dealing with pornography issues (he isn't LDS btw).

Of course he is dealing with troubled kids etc, but the point being that in my opinion it is never to early to be carefully monitoring what your kids are doing online. (Not saying you aren't). I meet a lot of parents who believe that porn is more of an older teen issue.

Yeah. I think I'm gauging more on his apparent overall interest in girls, but he may be hiding it well. The mysterious lives of teenagers.

Rocker Ute
08-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Yeah. I think I'm gauging more on his apparent overall interest in girls, but he may be hiding it well. The mysterious lives of teenagers.

Yeah, didn't mean to be preachy about that.

mUUser
08-15-2017, 11:57 AM
I'm on my third teenager. Based on our experience, we've eliminated four key apps from his phone: Snapchat, instagram, FaceTime and houseparty. Those are four popular apps where they can receive something inappropriate and easily hide it. We also ask him to leave his phone upstairs at night, and he can't have it in his room. Nothing is fail safe, but, I think it helps.

The other point I'd like to make is that if you ask any LDS bishop (and I'd presume the equivalent of other churches leaders as well), they'll tell you that 100% (or near 100%) of their youth will be exposed to pornography before they graduate from HS. IOW, have a plan so that when it happens, you can be better prepared to deal with it.

LA Ute
08-15-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm on my third teenager. Based on our experience, we've eliminated four key apps from his phone: Snapchat, instagram, FaceTime and houseparty. Those are four popular apps where they can receive something inappropriate and easily hide it. We also ask him to leave his phone upstairs at night, and he can't have it in his room. Nothing is fail safe, but, I think it helps.

The other point I'd like to make is that if you ask any LDS bishop (and I'd presume the equivalent of other churches leaders as well), they'll tell you that 100% (or near 100%) of their youth will be exposed to pornography before they graduate from HS. IOW, have a plan so that when it happens, you can be better prepared to deal with it.

Agree 100%.

LA Ute
10-05-2017, 04:51 AM
Not from The Onion. Really.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/01/fashion/weddings/grace-du-pont-conor-sutherland.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollectio n%2Fweddings&action=click&contentCollection=weddings&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=8&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0&referer=http://m.facebook.com

sancho
10-05-2017, 07:22 AM

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/10/01/fashion/weddings/grace-du-pont-conor-sutherland.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollectio n%2Fweddings&action=click&contentCollection=weddings&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=8&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0&referer=http://m.facebook.com

We're about to play the west coast version of this couple in football.

Applejack
10-05-2017, 08:07 AM

Have you ever read the NYtimes vows page? They are all like this.

LA Ute
10-05-2017, 08:51 AM
Have you ever read the NYtimes vows page? They are all like this.

I thought this one was especially special.

U-Ute
10-05-2017, 02:41 PM

WTH did I just read?

Scratch
10-05-2017, 02:52 PM

I assume you were invited?

LA Ute
10-05-2017, 02:55 PM
I assume you were invited?

No, although Muffy, the bride's aunt, is a good old chum of mine.

Rocker Ute
10-05-2017, 04:56 PM
No, although Muffy, the bride's aunt, is a good old chum of mine.

https://i.warosu.org/data/tg/img/0462/92/1459188712005.gif

U-Ute
10-06-2017, 07:20 PM
I found this at Target.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171007/0de4ad80b36ccc879664e7957ec1c8a7.jpg

Diehard Ute
10-13-2017, 12:29 PM
So Trump said in a speech this morning that he had spoken with the “President of the Virgin Islands”. That must have been easy to arrange since he IS the president of the US Virgin Islands

Sullyute
10-13-2017, 01:12 PM
So Trump said in a speech this morning that he had spoken with the “President of the Virgin Islands”. That must have been easy to arrange since he IS the president of the US Virgin Islands

So he has digressed to having conversations with himself? Sad!

U-Ute
10-17-2017, 09:56 AM
What is Sad! is that he disagrees with himself on a regular basis.

U-Ute
10-17-2017, 09:59 AM
http://www.utahby5.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2276&stc=1

U-Ute
10-17-2017, 10:14 AM
We got one of those magic Coke machines where you can pick what you want to drink on a touch screen.

The diet drinks are not functional right now because we need to order more of what they called: Non-Nutritive Sweetner

That sounds awful.

chrisrenrut
10-20-2017, 08:56 AM
Someone just discovered that the @kfc twitter account only follows 11 other accounts: the 5 former spice girls, and 6 guys who all have the first name of Herb.

Sullyute
10-20-2017, 10:19 AM
That is funny

U-Ute
10-20-2017, 10:34 AM
6 Herbs and 5 Spices?

Leaking their secret formula?

chrisrenrut
10-20-2017, 10:57 AM
6 Herbs and 5 Spices?

Leaking their secret formula?

11 Herbs and Spices, not sure there are any deeper secrets than that. But attaboy to their social media team.

Diehard Ute
10-20-2017, 10:58 AM
Funny.

However my wife convinced me to go to KFC a couple months ago.

It was not very good.

U-Ute
10-24-2017, 09:59 AM
This is the very definition of "bad ass".

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/life-below-zero/articles/sue-aikens/

NorthwestUteFan
10-24-2017, 11:54 AM
Funny.

However my wife convinced me to go to KFC a couple months ago.

It was not very good.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkKFC used to be amazing. Then they changed the recipe (early 90s?) and killed the flavor.

Rocker Ute
10-25-2017, 08:53 AM
My first job as a married man in college was doing graphic design for KFC (and also A&W, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut). But mostly KFC. As most of us know the first KFC was in SLC and their first ad agency was from SLC too. We did mostly POP, menus and billboards, but nothing was quite as joyous as staring at pictures of fried chicken each day.

The owner of the ad agency of course knew the colonel and the stories of his visits to SLC are legendary.

In fact, since they’ve taken to making fun of the colonel in their ads these days what I would prefer is to have true story ads, like the ones Charlie Murphy would tell on the Chappelle show.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e748yj/chappelle-s-show-charlie-murphy-s-true-hollywood-stories---prince---uncensored

U-Ute
10-27-2017, 10:26 AM
rNlUnh9

concerned
10-27-2017, 10:53 AM
My first job as a married man in college was doing graphic design for KFC (and also A&W, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut). But mostly KFC. As most of us know the first KFC was in SLC and their first ad agency was from SLC too. We did mostly POP, menus and billboards, but nothing was quite as joyous as staring at pictures of fried chicken each day.

The owner of the ad agency of course knew the colonel and the stories of his visits to SLC are legendary.

In fact, since they’ve taken to making fun of the colonel in their ads these days what I would prefer is to have true story ads, like the ones Charlie Murphy would tell on the Chappelle show.

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/e748yj/chappelle-s-show-charlie-murphy-s-true-hollywood-stories---prince---uncensored

Good ol' Allen Frank.

U-Ute
11-03-2017, 12:08 PM
Wut?

LA Ute
11-03-2017, 01:12 PM
Wut?

That's never happened to me yet but it is a recurring nightmare. I did have to call their Customer Support once and it was actually pretty good.

Sullyute
11-03-2017, 05:33 PM
That's never happened to me yet but it is a recurring nightmare. I did have to call their Customer Support once and it was actually pretty good.

You have never had 200% of your tickets not work?

LA Ute
11-03-2017, 09:05 PM
You have never had 200% of your tickets not work?

No, I meant just a malfunction of that nature.