PDA

View Full Version : The Church of the Distilled Grain...

Chad Sexington
03-02-2013, 04:01 PM
We get it:
LDS...LDS...LDS...LDS...LDS...
Good for you guys.
I wonder, who else enjoys Sudays with Scotch?

Jarid in Cedar
03-02-2013, 04:03 PM
More of a potato whiskey kind of guy.

Solon
03-02-2013, 04:09 PM
More of a potato whiskey kind of guy.

I have two major problems with Scotch.

1. Decent-tasting Scotch costs a lot of money.
2. There is no such thing as decent-tasting Scotch.

Freaky Girl
03-02-2013, 05:38 PM
I am more of a 'pussy drink' kind of girl, according to RM. It has to taste good, a little fruity. Lots of ice. Yum.

Diehard Ute
03-02-2013, 05:41 PM
I am more of a 'pussy drink' kind of girl, according to RM. It has to taste good, a little fruity. Lots of ice. Yum.

You need the ice to water them down ;)

Diehard Ute
03-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Two problems, I don't like scotch and I have to work on Sundays.

execUTEioner
03-02-2013, 05:48 PM
My first glass of scotch was Johnnie Walker Blue. It's pretty much all downhill from there. That said I'm more of a bourbon guy.
I'm currently enjoying the relatively warm weather on my deck with a glass of Eagle rare and a Padrón 1926 Robusto.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Freaky Girl
03-02-2013, 05:58 PM
You need the ice to water them down ;)

I am a light weight, it's true.

NorthwestUteFan
03-08-2013, 11:49 AM

Here is an appropriate one for you, freaky. My wife thinks Vodka tastes like hairspray, but she enjoys the taste of this one.

The Wet Pussy
2 shots of Vodka
1 shot of Sour Apple Pucker schnappes
4 shots of cranberry juice

Yum!

NorthwestUteFan
03-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Scotch is definitely more of a total experience type of thing. You need to enjoy the complex flavors, feel the vapors course through your sinuses, etc.

In my opinion the buzz or glow from whiskey is the smoothest and best of all, and is least likely to hurt my head the next morning. Also because it is so expensive I find I drink far less of it than I would a vodka or rum.

Chad, what is your preferred brand? I know many people speak highly of High West. We have several distillers here in Washington who make an excellent product.

Solon, you should try Maker's Mark '46'. It is a bourbon but it will change your mind about the taste of whiskeys in general.

SuperGabers
03-14-2013, 08:22 PM

Same here. I am more of a cocktail gal, but I do love sipping Blue Moon while watching "Music and the Spoken Word".

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

LadyUte
03-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Love me some Sex on the Beach. Though I usually just have an AMF or Rum and coke.

UteBeliever aka Port
03-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Same here. I am more of a cocktail gal, but I do love sipping Blue Moon while watching "Music and the Spoken Word".

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

So edgy!

UtahDan
03-17-2013, 05:56 AM
So edgy!

Edgy sense of humor.