PDA

View Full Version : Funny Television Shows Thread

OrangeUte
03-06-2013, 09:12 AM
This is a thread where we talk about funny television shows. Series or episodes can be discussed here. Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers - all of the classics. I Love Lucy, M*A*S*H, Mary Tyler Moore, Murphy Brown... this is the place to talk about them. We also will talk about new shows, cult classics like Arrested Development, Some gut busters like Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I just finished the second to last season of iI's Always Sunny. I watched the episode this morning where the gang goes to their high school reunion and died laughing at the dance scene at the end of the show. This show takes the irreverence of Seinfeld to an incredibly new level. I love it!

I also just started a new show on Netflix called "the increasingly poor decisions of Todd Margaret." Anyone who liked Arrested Development will probably like the show since David Cross and Will Arnett are both featured in it. The series opener is all I have watched, but it was a terrific episode and I can't wait to watch more.

It is true what they say that any conversation can trigger a reference to a Seinfeld episode. I put this to the test probably to three times each day, then drive the people I work with crazy. What can I say, I love me a good sitcom, that's where my maturity level is.

UteStar
03-14-2013, 08:01 PM
I have a long list of good comedies with Arrested Development up there. I fell in love with 'Better off Ted' but that has been off the air for a couple of years now. Great show though. Nowadays, not a long list - The Mindy Project is surprisingly solid. I would say though that 'Happy Endings' if probably the funniest show on tv right now. I agree with you on 'Its Always Sunny...' it is inappropriate but hilarious.

scottie
03-15-2013, 12:29 PM
If you appreciate great comedy, you better watch the series Extras. It's a Ricky Gervais thing and is only 12 episodes so it won't take you long. RG is a genius.

mpfunk
03-17-2013, 01:21 PM
If you appreciate great comedy, you better watch the series Extras. It's a Ricky Gervais thing and is only 12 episodes so it won't take you long. RG is a genius.

Extras is great, although the special was not so good. Is watch season 1 and 2 and be done. Life's Too Short is also really funny.

I would the Because Gervais shows the Office, Extras, Life's Too Short

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Newbomb Turk
03-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Older school......Barney Miller. Great ensemble cast. The early MASH episodes were great, later on they got a little preachy. Seinfeld was great. Another good one was WKRP In Cincinnati. Of the shows that are on currently I really like Archer.

OrangeUte
03-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Older school......Barney Miller. Great ensemble cast. The early MASH episodes were great, later on they got a little preachy. Seinfeld was great. Another good one was WKRP In Cincinnati. Of the shows that are on currently I really like Archer.

Les Nessman and Herb Tarlick. WKRP was awesome.

I will need to check out the Gervais mentioned. He is a funny guy.

OrangeUte
03-20-2013, 10:53 PM

I'm glad you suggested Archer. Oh man - that show is absolutely hilarious! I got excited that wkrp would be in reruns or Netflix but I can't find it. I would love to see that show again - even of only for the theme song and Loni Anderson.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
03-21-2013, 11:18 AM
I guess it isn't on Netflix anymore, so I'm not sure where to see it, but Party Down is perhaps the funniest show I've ever seen. It was originally on Starz.

Mormon Red Death
03-21-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm glad you suggested Archer. Oh man - that show is absolutely hilarious! I got excited that wkrp would be in reruns or Netflix but I can't find it. I would love to see that show again - even of only for the theme song and Loni Anderson.

the placebo effect episode is the funniest 22 minutes of comedy .....EVER

Sheik Yerbouti
03-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Just started watching Archer on Netflix. Hilarious.

LA Ute
03-22-2013, 08:06 AM
"Cheers." High-quality comedy.

SavaUte
03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
I have a long list of good comedies with Arrested Development up there. I fell in love with 'Better off Ted' but that has been off the air for a couple of years now. Great show though.

Its good to see someone else that loved Better off Ted. That one was great

LA Ute
03-22-2013, 10:24 AM
My entire family likes "Everybody Loves Raymond." The writing was excellent and the cast was great (especially Ray Romano and Peter Boyle).

OrangeUte
03-26-2013, 09:08 AM
the placebo effect episode is the funniest 22 minutes of comedy .....EVER

RAMPAGE!!!!!! I just watched this morning and you are absolutely right. Laughed so hard my sides hurt!

NorthwestUteFan
03-26-2013, 09:35 AM
RAMPAGE!!!!!! I just watched this morning and you are absolutely right. Laughed so hard my sides hurt!

Terms of EnRAMPAGEment! I loved that one.

I especially loved it because I grew up watching Magnum P. I., and the confrontation scene at the end is almost directly lifted from a great scene from Magnum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7vW1oEKP1k&feature=youtube_gdata_player