PDA

View Full Version : Idaho St @ Utah 9/14/19

Mormon Red Death
09-10-2019, 10:55 AM
Game is at 4:15 EST (2:15 Mountain) on the PAC12 network. Not much to say about Idaho St other than they have already had a bye week.

U-Ute
09-10-2019, 11:51 AM
They are the Bengals.

That's about all I can think of.

Mormon Red Death
09-11-2019, 03:57 AM
Interesting uniform
https://twitter.com/UtesEquipment/status/1171580407826927617?s=19

chrisrenrut
09-11-2019, 07:08 AM
I thought ISU would have more ties to Utah, as close as it is. Only 5 players are listed from Utah. Lei Talamaivao is an assistant coach as well.

mUUser
09-11-2019, 08:11 AM
I thought ISU would have more ties to Utah, as close as it is. Only 5 players are listed from Utah. Lei Talamaivao is an assistant coach as well.

Also Steve Fifita resigned as recruiting coordinator recently. Lea took his spot as DL coach. David Fiefia is a WVC guy and DB coach Kam Yancy is a Ute.

Dwight Schr-Ute
09-11-2019, 08:26 AM
They are the Bengals.

That's about all I can think of.

Official colors: Roarange and Growling Grey.

sancho
09-11-2019, 09:09 AM
Interesting uniform
https://twitter.com/UtesEquipment/status/1171580407826927617?s=19

Almost completely bi-color = good look. If it were completely bi-color, it would be a great look. I think there's hope yet for our uniform people to figure things out.

DrumNFeather
09-11-2019, 09:29 AM

Me too. I looked this up yesterday. Apparently Spencer Toone was their DC, but did not have his contract renewed. I couldn't find if he had landed anywhere.

U-Ute
09-11-2019, 12:39 PM
Intersting. Yeah, there is a lot of history between the coaching staffs. Kyle started his career there as a DLine coach IIRC.

LA Ute
09-11-2019, 01:03 PM
Riley called this game a "rent-a-win." He doesn't like such games. I don't either but I understand why schools schedule them.

chrisrenrut
09-11-2019, 02:09 PM
Riley called this game a "rent-a-win." He doesn't like such games. I don't either but I understand why schools schedule them.

Going to Provo to watch BYU/USC is almost more tempting. But loyalty and my hatred of going to Provo will put me at RES on Saturday instead.

chrisrenrut
09-12-2019, 11:07 AM
I literally can't give away tickets to this game. I know Whittingham was frustrated with the size of the crowd against NIU. It will probably be best for him not to look at the stands at all on Saturday.

DrumNFeather
09-12-2019, 11:41 AM
I literally can't give away tickets to this game. I know Whittingham was frustrated with the size of the crowd against NIU. It will probably be best for him not to look at the stands at all on Saturday.

I know he likes to say "we play who they put in front of us" "They" being the AD. I would imagine if he had said to Hill or Harlan "stop scheduling these FCS teams" that might go a long way towards getting folks there. Look at Colorado's schedule...vs. CSU, vs. Nebraska, vs. Air Force. That would be just fine.

sancho
09-12-2019, 01:06 PM
I know he likes to say "we play who they put in front of us" "They" being the AD. I would imagine if he had said to Hill or Harlan "stop scheduling these FCS teams" that might go a long way towards getting folks there. Look at Colorado's schedule...vs. CSU, vs. Nebraska, vs. Air Force. That would be just fine.

College football scheduling...the world's easiest problem that will never actually be solved. My daughter in the 2nd grade could develop a good scheduling system for this sport yet we continue with the ridiculous mess of a "system" year after year.

DrumNFeather
09-12-2019, 03:16 PM
College football scheduling...the world's easiest problem that will never actually be solved. My daughter in the 2nd grade could develop a good scheduling system for this sport yet we continue with the ridiculous mess of a "system" year after year.

Even if you just popped in NCAA '14 and had it generate your schedule, you'd probably do better than most of these ADs.

sancho
09-12-2019, 03:22 PM
Even if you just popped in NCAA '14 and had it generate your schedule, you'd probably do better than most of these ADs.

True, but it's not the ADs' fault. We just need a general system. The ADs shouldn't have to waste time on this. It should just be handed down. I know I'd tune into the schedule lottery every other Spring to see who my team is playing home/away with for the next two seasons. You could ensure that every P5 plays a P5 and a G5. You could drop the FCS games altogether.

Greed is killing this sport, and scheduling is one part of that.

Solon
09-13-2019, 07:21 AM
Game is at 4:15 EST (2:15 Mountain) on the PAC12 network. Not much to say about Idaho St other than they have already had a bye week.
Sort of. They opened their season on thurs, sept 5 and have only played 1 game.

ISU is a middle-of-the-pack Big Sky team. They should put up a fight in the early going. My main hope is no injuries.

Diehard Ute
09-13-2019, 11:21 AM
Sort of. They opened their season on thurs, sept 5 and have only played 1 game.

ISU is a middle-of-the-pack Big Sky team. They should put up a fight in the early going. My main hope is no injuries.

That’s mostly because they were supposed to play us on August 29th but we moved the game to schedule BYU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisrenrut
09-14-2019, 01:33 PM
Blackmon not warming up, has a brace on his leg.

Diehard Ute
09-14-2019, 03:39 PM
Where did these refs come from?

Never seen a more unqualified crew

LA Ute
09-14-2019, 06:20 PM
Where did these refs come from?

Never seen a more unqualified crew

They created the longest 3rd quarter I've ever sat through, barring weather delays.