PDA

View Full Version : *Chomp* *Chomp* *Chomp* Gator meat in 2022/23

U-Ute
09-23-2019, 02:52 PM
Utah gets a Home/Home with Florida in 2022/23

hostile
09-23-2019, 03:52 PM
Utah gets a Home/Home with Florida in 2022/23

SLTrib reporting that BYU will be sacrificed from the schedule those years. May need to get approval from the UT legislature before it actually happens.

sancho
09-23-2019, 07:57 PM
That we are removing BYU from the schedule instead of someone else indicates that we are still doing something like an A-B-C plan and that BYU still counts as A. Maybe Kyle dictates this. Dunno.

UTEopia
09-25-2019, 08:34 PM
That we are removing BYU from the schedule instead of someone else indicates that we are still doing something like an A-B-C plan and that BYU still counts as A. Maybe Kyle dictates this. Dunno.

Kyle views BYU as an A game because of the high emotion attached to it. I wish the NCAA would do away with FCS games and that we would find a way to schedule SMU or Rice instead of Wyoming.

DrumNFeather
09-26-2019, 08:15 AM
Kyle views BYU as an A game because of the high emotion attached to it. I wish the NCAA would do away with FCS games and that we would find a way to schedule SMU or Rice instead of Wyoming.

Totally agree. We've done a good job of getting teams on the schedule where we recruit (in addition to the Pac-12 schools we play in California - SDSU, Fresno, SJSU, etc.). Would love to see us do this in Texas (I know we've got Houston coming up) or even Florida. If Wyoming wants a game, it's a one and done in SLC.

sancho
09-26-2019, 08:42 AM
(I know we've got Houston coming up)

We have Baylor as well, right?

I think the Pac-12 presence in CA is enough. I can't imagine SJSU/Fresno/etc bring much more to the table when it comes to recruiting.

Applejack
09-26-2019, 11:47 AM
We have Baylor as well, right?

I think the Pac-12 presence in CA is enough. I can't imagine SJSU/Fresno/etc bring much more to the table when it comes to recruiting.

We actually recruit both areas pretty heavily. For Fresno folks, at least, a trip to SF bay area for a game is still an awfully long drive. Not so much for San Jose.

But I'm excited to see the recruits from Wyoming and Northern Illinois start to roll in.

sancho
09-26-2019, 11:54 AM
We actually recruit both areas pretty heavily. For Fresno folks, at least, a trip to SF bay area for a game is still an awfully long drive. Not so much for San Jose.

But I'm excited to see the recruits from Wyoming and Northern Illinois start to roll in.

I mean, Fresno and SDSU are good games anyway. Why not schedule them? I wouldn't add a team just because it's in a location. I'm not convinced that Houston natives are going to sign with us because of a future date with Rice.