PDA

View Full Version : Jet City redemption - Utah @ Washington November 2nd

Mormon Red Death
10-27-2019, 06:51 PM
Utes open -3
We owe them big time. the loss 2 years ago was in the top 5 gut punching losses I can ever remember

Sullyute
10-27-2019, 09:14 PM
This game scares me. We are a top 10 team going into the most important game left on our schedule and our QB is hobbled. It is a road game against a team and coach that has historically had our number, and they have had two weeks to get ready for us.

This is where previous Utes squads would falter under the pressure and bright shining lights. But this team is different. A senior laden, battle tested team that wants revenge from last year. It is going to be a great hard fought games, but I think our boys pull it off. :fingerscrossed:

SoCalPat
10-28-2019, 09:23 AM
Utes open -3
We owe them big time. the loss 2 years ago was in the top 5 gut punching losses I can ever remember

Probably Kyle's lowest moment as a coach. Chris Petersen was content with OT and Kyle wasn't. Chris told Kyle and his timeout to kiss his ass, and went ahead and got the win.

SeattleUte
10-28-2019, 12:56 PM
The Utes don't match up well against Washington. They're too much alike but Washington has better players and is deeper. Washington is the only team in the Pac 12 not affected mentally by Utah's physicality. Utah's usual psychological advantage doesn't exist vs. Washington.

sancho
10-29-2019, 08:52 AM
The Utes don't match up well against Washington. They're too much alike but Washington has better players and is deeper. Washington is the only team in the Pac 12 not affected mentally by Utah's physicality. Utah's usual psychological advantage doesn't exist vs. Washington.

I agree. UW and USC are two schools who clearly have better athletes/recruits. Against USC, that difference was clear in the fact that our offensive line couldn't give Huntley any time at all. I expect him to be under constant pressure this Saturday.

Mormon Red Death
10-29-2019, 09:20 AM
I agree. UW and USC are two schools who clearly have better athletes/recruits. Against USC, that difference was clear in the fact that our offensive line couldn't give Huntley any time at all. I expect him to be under constant pressure this Saturday.

the offense wasnt the problem at USC. it was the inability to defend against jump balls

Rocker Ute
10-29-2019, 09:21 AM

It does seem that every year our o-line gets markedly improved as the season goes on, going from questionable to very good. I'm hoping that will be a factor against Washington. That being said, expect a lot of quick passes out of the pocket from Huntley this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sancho
10-29-2019, 09:34 AM
the offense wasnt the problem at USC. it was the inability to defend against jump balls

I didn't say the offense was the problem. I only said the offensive line was unable to protect Huntley in that game, which I think is true. Huntley was great in that game. He repeatedly avoided the pressure and made them pay for it.

Mormon Red Death
11-02-2019, 05:23 PM
How about that? We get screwed by the refs and still beat them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

LA Ute
11-07-2019, 02:19 PM
This is fun to watch. Lots of fun.

https://youtu.be/NpyC7sQfGaM

U-Ute
11-07-2019, 04:24 PM
8FDE0oLTvhfGzB1O79