That means
Peach lsu/Ohio St v Baylor/Oklahoma
Fiesta Clemson v lsu/Ohio st
Rose Oregon v Wisconsin
Sugar Georgia v Baylor/Oklahoma
Orange bama/Auburn v Penn St
Cotton Utah v Memphis/ Cincy

It would depend if the committee wants to put 4 sec teams in the new year 6

Interesting. I think the Rose will take Penn State over Wisconsin. You're saying that Bama, Auburn, Georgia, and LSU get in? What about Florida? There are just too many teams in the SEC that will be ranked ahead of us.

Mormon Red Death
12-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Looks like it'll be Baylor Utah in the Alamo bowl

sancho
12-07-2019, 09:19 PM

That would be a pretty great shot at redemption for this team. Don't we have an upcoming series with Baylor?

sancho
12-07-2019, 09:43 PM
Meanwhile, Virginia loses 62-17. Are they still going to the Orange Bowl? What a system!

sancho
12-07-2019, 09:45 PM

I'm seeing people say that the Alamo will choose USC over Utah. We'd go to the Holiday again, which at least is a better destination.

Mormon Red Death
12-07-2019, 09:55 PM
I'm seeing people say that the Alamo will choose USC over Utah. We'd go to the Holiday again, which at least is a better destination.

At this point holiday bowl would be fine
https://twitter.com/BonaguraESPN/status/1203401579614867457?s=19

sancho
12-07-2019, 11:09 PM
At this point holiday bowl would be fine

Holiday would likely be a more interesting match up. Alamo projections I see are Okie State. But Holiday projections are Iowa. I think Iowa is a better team.

Scorcho
12-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Holiday would likely be a more interesting match up. Alamo projections I see are Okie State. But Holiday projections are Iowa. I think Iowa is a better team.

never been to San Antonio. but there's never a reason not to go to San Diego. Holiday Bowl please?

Mormon Red Death
12-08-2019, 11:36 AM
https://twitter.com/valeroalamobowl/status/1203720050018070528?s=19

sancho
12-08-2019, 05:35 PM
Meanwhile, Virginia loses 62-17. Are they still going to the Orange Bowl? What a system!

I hear that UVa needed to stay in the top 25 to get the Orange Bowl, so the committee did them the favor of not dropping them out (they were 23rd) after their huge loss. I guess Notre Dame would have been in instead, and that would have been a much better match up. Why would the committee feel strongly about keeping UVa in there? Seems weird.

sancho
12-08-2019, 05:37 PM

This is a great match up. There are always lots of eyes on Texas football, so we will get viewers. It's a big opportunity to partially ease the pain of the Oregon loss. Better get a win!

Stupid Oregon. If they hadn't wet the bed against ASU, we'd be in the Rose Bowl.

sancho
12-08-2019, 05:38 PM
never been to San Antonio.

I love San Diego too, but the one time I went to San Antonio, I enjoyed it a lot. The River Walk was nice, the Alamo was cool, and there was plenty of good food.

chrisrenrut
12-08-2019, 09:19 PM
I love San Diego too, but the one time I went to San Antonio, I enjoyed it a lot. The River Walk was nice, the Alamo was cool, and there was plenty of good food.

Didn’t happen to be 1998, did it? There were some other interesting things going on then and there. That was my only visit. It’s a nice city, but I didn’t see it as a destination by itself. I’d need a reason to go there. The Final Four was definitely a good enough reason. I’m not sure a consolation bowl is a good enough reason this time.

sancho
12-08-2019, 09:29 PM
Didn’t happen to be 1998, did it? There were some other interesting things going on then and there. That was my only visit. It’s a nice city, but I didn’t see it as a destination by itself. I’d need a reason to go there. The Final Four was definitely a good enough reason. I’m not sure a consolation bowl is a good enough reason this time.

I wish. I was 3 weeks off my LDS mission when the '98 run happened. I watched on a road trip with my family. We stopped in Boise to find a place to watch the West Virginia game. We ended up in the student union building at Boise State. We bowled a few games because their bowling alley had the Utah game on. We watched the Arizona game at a beach house in Oregon. Great memories.

No, I was in San Antonio about 5 years ago for a work conference. I was excited to be going somewhere warm in January, and it ended up being rainy and in the 40s the whole time.

mUUser
12-09-2019, 11:36 AM

Spent many years in Texas. SAT and AUS are nice visits, but neither are SAN (I know a lot of people love AUS, but, just not my deal....). An 11-2 Utah vs 7-5 Texas is a slap in the face to our year, especially considering USC gets a 16th ranked Iowa. Think I'll skip the travel on this one.

sancho
12-10-2019, 11:48 AM
Spent many years in Texas. SAT and AUS are nice visits, but neither are SAN (I know a lot of people love AUS, but, just not my deal....). An 11-2 Utah vs 7-5 Texas is a slap in the face to our year, especially considering USC gets a 16th ranked Iowa. Think I'll skip the travel on this one.

Sagarin has Utah at #14 and Texas at #20. He ranks Texas' schedule as the 4th toughest in college football.

ESPN's computers have Utah at #14 and Texas at #23.

Our opponent is only unranked because the committee and AP voters are still living in the past.

The most lopsided of all the bowl games, according to Sagarin, is the Peach Bowl, LSU vs Oklahoma.

sancho
12-10-2019, 12:02 PM

Kind of a big deal.

Sullyute
12-10-2019, 01:08 PM
That is pretty awesome.