PDA

View Full Version : Deshaun Thomas' classy gesture in the tOSU Student newspaper

dabrockster
04-03-2013, 06:59 AM
I hope this kids remains for his Sr. year. But the letter he wrote giving praise to the "non-revenue" sports was very cool. He mentions Logan Steiber (2X NCAA Wrestling Champ. Won as Fr. and Soph now). Fencing athlete, and 2 gymnasts as well.

That was very humble of him and classy..

http://www.thelantern.com/sports/letter-to-the-editor-all-ohio-state-sports-warrant-attention-not-just-basketball-1.3018270#.UVwnFqJQFyw

See YO. Not everything or everyone at tOSU is bad.. ;)

Solon
04-03-2013, 07:44 AM
It's weird how they identify letter-writers as "third-year" or "fourth-year."

Not a bad decision, since the way people assign "classes" is often out of whack with how long they've been on campus, but still weird to read.

I guess that's how they roll at tOSU.

dabrockster
04-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I think Deshaun did that himself.. Since it has his name, Academic program he is in, and his email address (Which I was surprised to see considering who he is). He is a Junior but I do find it weird as well..

Diehard Ute
04-03-2013, 08:53 AM
I think Deshaun did that himself.. Since it has his name, Academic program he is in, and his email address (Which I was surprised to see considering who he is). He is a Junior but I do find it weird as well..

They publish student and faculty email assesses (most every school does) so there's really no reason for him to not put it.

dabrockster
04-03-2013, 08:56 AM
This is true.. But it takes a little effort to find it. In this case it is out there in public view and posted as news nationally.. I am sure he inbox is full now..

Solon
04-03-2013, 10:05 AM
It's weird how they identify letter-writers as "third-year" or "fourth-year."

Not a bad decision, since the way people assign "classes" is often out of whack with how long they've been on campus, but still weird to read.

I guess that's how they roll at tOSU.

I checked out a few additional letters-to-the-editor and they were all signed with "third-year in ___" or whatever.
It's pretty standard to put your major or class year in a letter to a college newspaper. The terminology was different (to me).